What was the point of this scene?

What was the point of this scene?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qlicWUDf5MM
youtube.com/watch?v=OBGOQ7SsJrw
youtube.com/watch?v=XZ-EOg38t1o
classic-horror.com/newsreel/homosexuality_and_the_threat_of_aids_in_predator
hippoversuswhale.wordpress.com/2010/03/25/an-exegesis-of-sexual-subtext-in-predator/
rhetoricuj.com/queerness-was-scary-homosexuality-as-the-real-threat-in-predator/
youtube.com/watch?v=BcIjFeWE4fE
youtube.com/watch?v=tpnUP_tWEyc
youtube.com/watch?v=7FbED84T2nM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

commercial break

tension

Confuse plebs

this

this and it's working

youtube.com/watch?v=qlicWUDf5MM
"Stop shaving, you don't have a beard!"

I'm gonna have me some fun

Black people have rubbery looking skin like a shiny boxing glove.

Why was he saying this? Was he on his way to film a blacked dot com scene?

The shaving is a calming, meditative act

Doesn't he also say something really nonsensical like

>I'm gonna cut your name

wrong!
youtube.com/watch?v=OBGOQ7SsJrw

Beta pussies will never understand it.

>diversity hire
>feels natural
>one of the best parts of the movie
I miss the past, guys

Self-hating black man wants to get rid of his own skin.

Also he looks like Malia Obama

he was nervous, he was venting the stress a bit with that

gotta keep within military code

Honestly don't even think it was a "diversity" hire, he's just a great actor that suited the character

youtube.com/watch?v=XZ-EOg38t1o

I go out of my way to watch this every day

I wanted to watch this but it's an old 80's film so I couldn't get into it so I stopped 5 minutes in. The clean look of Rodrigues's Predators is far superior imho and is the Definitive vision of the Predator franchise.

came to post this

so he was yelling contact
huh
it's been about 25 years and I never knew that

christ
literally a ps2 skybox

I always thought he was yelling Sargent until recently

I unironically enjoyed Predators for Goggins. Obviously doesn't compare to the original though.

Honestly I never got the feeling of any diversity hires in Predator. Sure, the team had whites, blacks, and an injun, but it never felt like they were just shoehorned in because some HR jewess told them too. They were all just great actors and had terrific chemistry together.

where did it go so wrong?

predator = AIDS metaphor/vagina dentata

group of macho men = gay dudes

mac & blaine = lovers

constant references to bleeding/blood = getting the AIDS

scene where they all shoot guns = self-explanatory

close the box, he says sergeant

its part of upholding discipline. we shaved every morning in the field

B8 harder faggot

The only decent parts of this movie were Laurence Fishburne's small role and the ending reveal of Topher being a crazy serial killer.

It was generic overall, but worst aspect of the movie was miscasting Adrian Brody as a tough guy. Might as well cast Woody fucking Allen

In the script it's 'Contact, 30 Right!!!'

Did this movie start the whole thermoptic/stealth camouflage thing or what?

You are a moron. John McTiernan films shouldn't be mentioned in the same discussion as Rodriguez. Now go jerk off about "clean looks" in trash cinema.

How old were you when you were first dicked?

brody ruined it for me because I saw that train movie a day before predators and it was jarring as shit seeing him trying to act like a badass

it is from the long tall sally song

not bad
one flaw though.

if the theme would be gay dudes and the aids epidemia in the 80s gay scene the predator wouldve had an asshole for a face not a pussy.

kill ureself

well it is clearly not 30 right because he says motherfucker loud and clearly

i grew up in chatsworth five doors down from kevin spacey. he was 5 years older than me

you do the math

I don't know what's going on in this scene, but wouldn't those planets gravitate towards each other and get fucked up?

he has so much testosterone that he has to shave every hour instead of just once a day

the face of AIDS for a gay man is the thing they fear most, a pussy. if pred had a asshole face it would be their """""""bud"""""""

also carl weathers betrayal = he plays for both teams

I hope this is bait. I hate it when retards like you try to find the deeper meaning to things when the creators themselves didn't even take the movie's plot that seriously, it's so stupid.

classic-horror.com/newsreel/homosexuality_and_the_threat_of_aids_in_predator

hippoversuswhale.wordpress.com/2010/03/25/an-exegesis-of-sexual-subtext-in-predator/

rhetoricuj.com/queerness-was-scary-homosexuality-as-the-real-threat-in-predator/

nice logical fallacy kiddo

You can find gay panic in anything if you want to.

ok find gay panic in Rent

I regret to inform you I have never seen that movie and this is the first time hearing about.

Your move, law man.

Damn Predator was really about THAT!? Powerful...

Homosexuals love to project their depravity onto others.

The most pointless and bestest scene ever filmed

This is poor bait

I'm not arresting you anymore.

0/10 you're just butthurt

Not to mention an Australian, and wherever the hell Dutch is supposed to be from. Come to think of it, were there even any white americans in that movie?

I don't know. When I was in the military all the black dudes have no-shave chits and were able to rock full beards.

Damn, literally just showed this to my gf for the first time about 10 hours ago.

Arnold himself insisted on a racially diverse cast, according to the commentary track. And the cast was fucking fantastic.
9/11

>What was the point of this scene?

He's on the edge.

Yes, it doesn't make much sense in terms of astrophysics. They're all way too close to one another. But also you can see a Jovian analogue gas giant back there, which would naturally be the center of whatever local planetary system the safari planet (moon, really) is in. But it'd be unlikely for a satellite of a Jupiter-like gas giant to have Earth gravity, breathable atmosphere, the works. Saturn's most massive moon, Titan, still only has like 17% earth gravity. A moon of that size and mass would naturally be further out in the system, making the other bodies smaller in the sky.

Gillette product placement for $

youtube.com/watch?v=BcIjFeWE4fE

When someone made up the untrue stereotype of the black guy always dying first in horror movies

The waste of ammo really bothers me, actually soldiers would never do such a thing let alone commanders. Also they would all have considerable hearing loss after all of that, they'd probably all be 100% deaf. Nor would you be able to hear his screams over all that gunfire. So many problems with this scene.

they don't always meet a predator

>thread about Predator turns into thread about AIDS and astrophysics

???????????????

>what is suppressing fire

They're alone in the jungle, slowly going crazy from having to fight what is an alien master hunter. I'm sure military discipline might break down in these situations.

Besides, the military is already trigger happy. What's the statistic again, 20k rounds expended per kill for US forces in Iraq?

>Also they would all have considerable hearing loss after all of that, they'd probably all be 100% deaf.

I've always wondered, how do real soldiers not go deaf if that's the case? If they wear ear protection then why can't you just assume the characters are too?

>how do real soldiers not go deaf if that's the case

we don't. virtually everyone i served with is rated at at least %10 disabled by the VA for hearing loss or tinnitus.

it is not that deafening loud unless the gun fires near your ear

That's different. After that scene they have basically wasted all their ammo and hence all of their firearms, with nowhere else to get guns. You could get away with something like this in the US army, but not in the middle of a jungle where resources are scarce.

They're firing blanks though, so clearly they didn't have hearing loss or be 100% deaf because the actors were fine

Very informative. Thank you.

All of those huge guns firing at once for a minute? That'd be well over 90db, without hearing protection you'd dedinitely be deaf

Sup Forums has yet to give a sensible answer. I just don't get it.

I raise you this

youtube.com/watch?v=tpnUP_tWEyc

>tfw (((they))) want to reboot Predator with an all female cast

pic related is some of the leaked script

it is only temporary most of your hearing comes back after a few minutes

>20k rounds expended per kill for US forces in Iraq?
How many if you don't count all the Allies the Americans shot?

that bro ship between mac and blaine
>just good ole country boys from the south that bond over chaw and bourbon
mac loses his shit when his brother is lost to extraterrestrial yankee aggression
shaving is a calming or nervous tic in the field developed over time.
IM GONNA HAVE ME SOME FUN. pledges to his buddies dead corpse he will carve his name into the creatures chest to avenge his loss.

mac and blain were honestly the best part of the men on a mission movie.
>when mac is talking about the time they survived and were the only ones to walk away from a battle
I fucking hate that mctiernan is in jail and the closest things we get to macho movies are fucking insincere shades of what I had growing up.
youtube.com/watch?v=7FbED84T2nM
>goodbye bro
first use of bro in a movie Im pretty sure

This.

He's hardcore military. He shaves and always wears his cover.

>Dutchess

oh jesus, all I can think of is one of those shitty little purse chihuahuas with that sort of name

>black people in the military
>shaving
Pick one.

>all the Allies the Americans shot?
Wrong theater. That's generally the work of Afghan forces.

>not all pedos are fags but all fags are pedos
fags usually take it in the ass pretty young

He was too handsome for this world.

first of all, blanks make almost just as much sound

(i have not measured it but from experience imo they are just as loud)

and secondly, you only go partially deaf and get ringing in your ear. it goes away eventually and they tested us after service and i was fine, but everyone was not

both musicians and soldiers have massive problems with this but soldiers get tested because they lie about it because you get discharged if it is too bad

the earplugs are just so its guaranteed you wont get damaged and so they wont get sued

i loved the crazy convict calling predator a space faggot. it made me laugh so much.

A man needs to shave

this says more about you than it does anything else. faggot.

>I have student loans and this is what I learned

did you get dishonorably discharged for reddit-spacing like a major league faggot?

>Why was he saying this? Was he on his way to film a blacked dot com scene?
You actually thought this was funny when you typed it out?