deconstructed and returned to the lego bin -

Other urls found in this thread:

shop.lego.com/en-AU/NINJAGO-City-70620
burrunjor.com/2017/07/22/5-people-who-killed-doctor-who/
youtube.com/watch?v=1DtECo3p5fU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reminder this meme is disparaging both jodie and autistic people

What's Jodie's favorite LEGO set? Hardmode, no Lego Doctor Who

>hes the doctor!!! not doctor who!!!!1111!1!!

I'm autistic and I like this meme. Fuck off.

The creator set that's just a big bucket of assorted bricks you can build whatever you want with

>I'm autistic and I like this meme.
Not surprising.

those are for plebs.

pic related

lads my family wasnt super well off when i was kid so i never got any crazy big lego sets, mainly just assorted shit and the occasional boat set but seeing makes me wanna buy some lego

what do

that set has got to be at least $300aud, if not more

fuck me dead nevermind

shop.lego.com/en-AU/NINJAGO-City-70620
>$500

the fuck? It's just legos

who is the target audience for this? what parents would buy this for their kid?

That page has reviews and the first one was some grandparent who bought it for their grandkids
so the target audience is probably rich baby boomers or hardcore adult collectors that put it on a shelf

Assuming you're talking about the Representation of the People Act of 1918, women's suffrage existed before that.

And the most annoying thing is the one DVD I really want, The Caves of Androzani, isn't even sold in ausland

Starting Season 4 now. Scrolling down and seeing the wall of "(reconstruction)" is disheartening. But, on the plus side, when I did my first watchthrough of the classic series years ago I was such a pleb that I ended up skipping all the reconstructed serials. So I have a lot of new episodes to "watch"

Underrated post.

And by "Season 4" I mean Season 3.

You are clearly not autistic. The best kind have clear instructions that you follow exactly and then show off to your social worker.

Collectors

I actually just bought that like 2 days ago (NZ)

They have the limited edition of s9/8 for like 35 i think, dont know whats on it though

The special edition? You mean it's sold over there?

The gift card's $30 dollars, meaning I could get any NuWho series on Blu-Ray as well as the majority of classic DVDs
The thing is I'm not sure NuWho Blu-Ray's are really worth it compared to classic DVDs down to the poorer special features and the fact that they're all easily streamable

> tfw no missing episodes found in a while

Yeah, you can only get it in the Revisitations 1 Box Set but I bought it off of Trade Me (our Ebay) for $20

People on this shithole general honest to god think a suffrage episode would be a good idea. Motherfuckers who have never spoken to a woman who isn't their own mother are making posts suggesting that forcing the first female doctor through a fucking suffragette episode wouldn't be the most offensive thing the show has ever done, on par with the Celestial Toymaker saying a goddamn racial slur.

Do you subhuman NEET's actually believe that women want to see an episode about how "the pure and oppressed suffragettes fought against the evil and cruel men (unlike the men who wrote this episode) and won, truly this is a unique narrative"? Do you think that is anyone's idea of 'escapism'?

If these rumors are true, the show is doa.

But hey. An Africa episode sounds fun!

It was seven years between the recovery of The Daleks' Masterplan #2 (2004) and Galaxy 4 #3 and The Underwater Menace #2 (2011). I wouldn't say give up hope, but don't hold your breath.

DELETE

The Beginning set is less than $20 with 3 stories (An Uneathly Child, The Daleks, and The Edge of Destruction, the OG 13 episodes) and a good bunch of special features. Seems well worth the value.

I've been looking up various skulls to reference for a Faction Paradox drawing and honestly, my search history looks rather questionable right now.

This isn't serious, right?

The most common response to "what do you think of a female doctor" is "I like the idea, I hope they don't focus on her gender too much"

Honestly I hope they hire Sarah Dollard for that episode, if the show is going to die it might as well go out with one great, big, tactless, bang.

Good.

smug user BTFO by an actual female kek

>forcing the first female doctor through a fucking suffragette episode wouldn't be the most offensive thing the show has ever done, on par with the Celestial Toymaker saying a goddamn racial slur.
lol
>the pure and oppressed suffragettes fought against the evil and cruel men (unlike the men who wrote this episode) and won, truly this is a unique narrative"?
double lol
it's just an interesting historical setting, you delusional motherfucker

>"the pure and oppressed suffragettes fought against the evil and cruel men (unlike the men who wrote this episode) and won, truly this is a unique narrative"?

I can almost guarantee you that they WILL bring up any racism from within the movement.

How much do you know about Cordyceps

Good rec
I'm also thinking of getting The Tenth Planet though because I like the story and it seems like a nice set and it has relevance for Christmas

Shut up cloister

Doctor Who is dead.

>interesting

Nah, it's probably one of the most one dimensional struggles in human history. There's no way to make an actual intresting narrative out of "and here's the good guys, and here's the bad guys"

And anything that isn't that will be honest to god offensive.

And here's who killed it:

burrunjor.com/2017/07/22/5-people-who-killed-doctor-who/

Speaking of missing stuff, do people really care about the new Shada reconstruction? With the VHS segments, the audio, and the novel, and the Levine animation, I really don't feel that bothered to pick the new DVD up.
I'd prefer if they'd just animated The Crusade, or The Highlanders, or Fury from the Deep, or something that people won't have experienced for potentially the fifth time.

>we can't change the show just because of her gender!
>that means you're banned, you hear me BANNED from doing any historical situation in which the topic of sexism would come up
Hmmmm

>tfw the site you use hasn't been updated with Galaxy 4's found episode

It's funny because I'm female too, god, it's almost like people's sexes don't dictate their opinions.

is this inspired by the great roonlego era?

that were some good weeks back then...

I'm not really interested in a suffragette episode if they try to add a sci-fi spin to it. If they try to do an episode as a historical then that's fine, I guess but it'd be best suited for everyone involved if it was done properly instead of using wonky history as other historical stories have done. Using a sci-fi setting in "historical" eps can be really wonky sometimes and it doesn't always work.

kino meme-o

I'm actually looking forward to it, and I don't quite understand all the pessimism around it
It's Shada as it's supposed to be, with performances and visuals that coalesce with the filmed segments, that sounds great to me.
The VHS linking segments never worked for me, and the redone soundtrack was even worse, so this is really the Tom Baker a Shada that I've always wanted.

What did he mean by this?

They can easily do a sci fi story that just happens to coincide with or involve suffragettes, it doesn't have to be "the suffragettes were all secretly aliens"

Oh hai belle

Yeah, I guess they can. It'd be nice to have a historical be actually historically accurate unlike something like the Gunfighters

Holy shit, 'suffragettes were all secretly aliens' is a genuinely hilarious concept.

That would be the 'Mulder and Scully meet the were-monster" of who, people would absolutely hate it, but nobody would ever forget it.

So it's almost like you aren't in a position to declare what "women want"? :^)

Good argument, I bet you're that guy who Harassed McGannon "for not speaking up against sexism in /who/" when it turned out she was a woman

I'm not saying it's "what women want" I'm saying it's not what anyone wants, how often do you hear people saying "I hope they don't focus on her gender too much" I doubt they'll all drop the show

But it'll piss people off and you know it.

it's certainly pissed you off and it hasn't even been confirmed yet.

>how often do you hear people saying "I hope they don't focus on her gender too much" I doubt they'll all drop the show. But it'll piss people off and you know it.
Exactly. Like I said in the last thread people don't like forced political correctness in their escapist genre shows/movies. It's like Chibnall is TRYING to aggravate people rather than using a bit of sensitivity and tact.

We don't even know if it's actually happening yet.

open question to all

what CONFIRMED things has chibnall done that pisses you off?

The outfit.

Yeah, it did, I'm not even going to attempt to deflect that, the concept makes me angry and I bet it'll make a bunch of other people angry.

That is literally what I am saying.

3 companions. The costume to a lesser extent, but that's more to do with what it lacks than what there is.

The Hungry Earth/Cold Blood.

He hates 80's who.

I tried really hard to find that picture of holding a whole pile of lego bricks but I couldn't find the original anywhere

based chibnall

Do you mean, like, the fungus...?

It doesn't piss me off, but it does sadden me that he has no interest in the extended universe stuff. Not because I expect that to be brought into the show, but I feel as though Doctor Who is at its best when it's pushing boundaries—of the imagination, usually—and judging by his previous work on the show, I worry that we won't see much in the way of experimental ideas. That said, I think his disinterest in the wilderness era and everything connected is less to do with dislike of the content, more to do with the fact he's never actually delved into it... so, y'know, I haven't given up hope. I'm sure we'll still get some interesting new ideas in S11 and onwards.

Yeah, I do mean that.

3 companions
female Doctor
not opening casting to men as well as women
casting Jodie Whittaker
fewer episodes
the costume
casting 4 soap opera actors
casting Tosin Cole

I watch doctor who for escapism, not for reminders that racism and sexism exist

T O U G H

T I T T Y

C L E T U S

put your trip back on cats

Honestly I feel like the showrunner should always have some knowledge of the expanded universe.

RTD and Moff spoiled us and I'm not ready for the second Letts era.

Doctor Who has always been political.

youtube.com/watch?v=1DtECo3p5fU

I'm not Cats.

nothing yet

>not opening casting to men as well as women
oh boy, wait until you hear about how they casted the previous 12 doctors. you're gonna be pissed

If anything it sounds like an SJW who doesn't want sexism or racism in doctor who cos muh safe space

I'm not a cletus, I'm an african american woman who experiences both racism and sexism on a daily basis. I don't want to have to deal with that shit in shows I watch, I get enough of it in real life

shut up, cletus

That's kind of weird considering the main bad guys' whole thing is being racist.

BTFO!

The Doctor was originally conceived as a male character. Of course they only considered and auditioned male actors..

Not always, it comes and goes in waves, the RTD and early Moff era weren't that political. And neither was most of troughton's run.

The third Doctor's era is fascinating because you can bull almost any possible "opinion" out of it. It's like the blank slate of political television.

Political shit in who comes and goes in waves, it'll be gone when America has a liberal president again, just watch.

Inb4: but RTD had gay people, gay people are political!

>but RTD had gay people, gay people are political!
yes.

We are all

Cletus

It is law now, our God King Cats has decreed it.

PRESIDENT OBAMA'S GOING TO GET US OUT OF THE FINANCIAL CRISIS!

Turn Left had the UK pushing out immigrants as one of it's subplots.

wow i fucked that up lol

attempt 2

it'll grow on most people, i like it

fair, for the most part the costume is safe

agree

agree

agree completely, except i think it should be brought into the show too

>companions
Why dont you like 3, just feel like its too cluttered?
>female doctor
preference i guess
>casting
controversial but i agree, i think it would have been better to have a woman be cast if shes better than all men offered too.
>jodie
what dont you like about her?
>fewer episodes
agree
>4 soap actors
dont think it matters tbqh
>Cole
what else has been in that was bad?

>
>agree
but that's just a meme. He only hated Pip and Jane Baker.

>it's okay to exclusively audition men but it's not okay to exclusively audition women
why do righties have no self-awareness

>racist

Generalized and toothless xenophobia isn't 'racism', it's such a generic children's show antagonist trait you'd have to stretch an actual mile to compare daleks to anything from the real world.

I bet you see sjws in your alphabet soup.

>you'd have to stretch an actual mile to compare daleks to anything from the real world.
user, I...

>i think it would have been better to have a woman be cast if shes better than all men offered too.
Worst trip

None of the previous doctors had to prove themselves better than women to get the role.