Should Ian Mckellen's magneto get one last movie? similar to Logan? What was Erik up to during Logan...

Should Ian Mckellen's magneto get one last movie? similar to Logan? What was Erik up to during Logan? Surly he wasn't dead as well he would have been similar age to Charles.

no
mutants are gone in that world, this would be meaningless

I'd assume Charles killed him in Westchester.

He was gonna have a movie.
But Xmen Origins Wolverine bombed and his solo film got scrapped.

Mckellen is too old.

Logan put Fox in a corner. How are they going to make more Xmen movies? when they have a future where sometime in the early 2000, someone puts genetic engineering into the corn to stop mutants from being born. Then all the mutants start getting rounded up and killed off.

it's just as well, it was going to involve de-aging Ian McKellen with CG.

>Logan put Fox in a corner. How are they going to make more Xmen movies?

New Mutants is set in the 80's and the proposed director has already cited Stranger Things as a comparison.

Supernova is gonna be a soft reset from Apocalypse and Last Stand to more faithfully adapt the Dark Phoenix saga.

Deadpool 2 is gonna make bank. With Cable and Domino in play there's an easy transition to X-Force in some incarnation.

And Rictor in Logan also opens them up for Generation X.

And Legion on FX shows they've real opportunity to take even esoteric characters and make them viable.

Also the OTHER x-men tv show has already cast Polaris and Blink.

time travel is the answer

Not as a villain. His Magneto (not Ian's fault) sucked in the first 3 movies, and was only marginally better in DoFP. Fasbender's Magneto would make for a better story.

Magneto: Nazi Hunter when

No more pls

Cyclops is the one that needs a movie

Give Magneto a Godfather Part II type narrative, where an older Magneto has to come to terms with what he's become, and we see flashbacks to a young Magneto showing himself creating the seeds to these threats. He has to undo his biggest mistakes before his death.

Cyclops fans need to be happy with his total 40 minutes of screen-time over the movies, and move on to better franchises.

2 routes, New Mutants Headmaster or full Punisher.

I hope headmaster after Xavier goes to space

>Surly he wasn't dead as well he would have been similar age to Charles.

Charles is supposed to be like 94 in Logan.

Assume that it happens... 20 years after the first X-Men movie.

An average man aged... let's say 70... has a probability of about 0.023528 of dying that year (based on the numbers of 70 year old males and the number who don't live to be 71).

Before he turns 75 his chance of dying is something like 8% - because that's how many people his own age are likely to just die in that time. Between 75 and 80 it's more like 1 in 6 of them die; twice as many as in the previous five years. Now, if he's got serious health problems, long term or otherwise, in that same period he's basically a goner.

80 to 90 you lose 60% of those who are still kicking at the top of the decade. By 94 you've lost another 60% of the ones you started with at 90 (by 100 there's only 5% of the starting crop left, and they have a 35% chance of kicking the bucket that year). One in four 94 year olds just drops dead.

I mean, I get that you've probably never looked at an actuarial table in your life, but you've seen old people, unless you're a fucking robot. The old ones die.

They aren't in a corner, you think they're gonna let lore stop them from doing whatever they want to do?

IIRC by the time you get to a certain age, your odds of dying stop climbing from year to year. You just keep aging until those unchanging odds finally reap you.

His solo film became First Class

I just saw it and am super confused
so Xavier killed like 7 mutants and the corn syrup is suppressing new ones
what happened to all the rest of them

Spoilertags, faggot.
Use them.

I've already seen 'Logan', but have a little respect for fuck's sake.

Maybe something with Xorn in it

Actually, as much as I love the movie, if you replaced Jackedman with McKellen and make the movie about the last ride of Professor Xavier and Magneto, I'd be so fucking down.

He should lead the New Mutants movies. After Charles abandons he kids to be with his space waifu and leaves them in charge of the world's greatest terrorist against the will of everyone. Would make an interesting movie.

Logan is going to be non-canon for every future X-Men movie. It's in an alternate universe where the events of the other movies happened, but it has a "bad end".

I doubt Deadpool takes place in the Logan universe too.

They borrowed enough elements from it they were obligated to credit the screen writer for the magneto film. It always seemed like it was a weak script that had similar issues to wolverine origins.

X-men SuperNova and New Mutants take place after the 1970's where DOFP happpened, new timeline.

Deadpool 2 will possibly have more time travel. Logan takes place before Cable arrives in Deadpool 2. Its on that Timeline. Deadpool 2 will fix it.

So everything from the 1973 to 2016 is unknown. Everything after Deadpool 2 can alter the timeline again. Logan is the dark timeline, Cable will save it.

I hope......

It should be a smart political statement about how white men who currently rule the world and oppress all minorities for now.

Main villain should be Trump.

AND HERE COMES Sup Forums TO SHIT UP ANOTHER THREAD!

Nope.

Just keeps getting higher and higher every year.

>Old Man Logan put Marvel in a corner.
This is how dumb you sound.

They're not making any more. They're probably sticking to tv shows if they work out, but if they don't it's going to be too late to make more movies. They don't have ten years to wait now, they've got to keep making something - anything - and if the shows don't sell there's not going to be more movies.

They'll let the rights revert for lack of profitability, and remember, that's profitability compared to literally anything else FOX puts out. Other shows get higher ratings? They're more profitable. An unrelated franchise makes more money per dollar invested? It's more profitable.

We all knew this mumbo-jumbo wouldn't fly.

Fox has a contract with Marvel, they need to release at least one X-Men related film every 3 years, or they lose the rights.

Sadly, they only need to make one Fantastic Four movie every 10 years, or else the rights go back to Marvel.