Disney's new Star Wars movies are not canon

Disney's new Star Wars movies are not canon.
>b-but they bought the rights!

Doesn't matter. The original creator is no longer in control, so nothing is valid. The prequels are a fucking wreck, but they are canon. Same withe the EU. If you pay for anything related to Disney's Star Wars, you are a cancerous idiot.

whatever you have tell yourself

oh alright

He's right though. Unless you consider, for instance, the new Leatherface movie an actual prequel to the original TCM.

Nothing is real anymore.

Guys sorry but The Silmarillion is not canon anymore.

By that logic no Star Trek after TNG Season 4 is canon.

>giving a fuck about canon
you know it's ALL pretend, right? you can make your own canon.

silmarillion was written by the creator though you fuckwit

I basically just used a head cannon even under the old continuity. Which ever novel or game I thought was good I just included in my mind and whichever was shit I ignored. I'm still doing the same thing

Ok since you said it OP

>needing to verify to yourself that a made up fantasy world is consistently real

>waaaah disney made bad moobie :'(
You're fucking pathetic.

t. Disney soyboy

""""Canon"""" is a retarded concept. Somehing is good, or it isn't. It doesn't matter what "did" or "did not" happen, except to establish background to another movie.

t. kekistani Sup Forumsturd

No sorry it was compiled posthumously and is thus not canon

the muhfuckin' wii??

t. Faggot who gives a fuck about any of this

I haven't read any of the new "canon" novels, EU forever

The prequels aren't canon either you idiot.

Canon, by the literal definition of the word, is determined by authorship. Now, seeing as how you apparently know nothing about how Star Wars was created, you seem to think that Lucas is the author. But he's not. Film is a collaborative process and people who are much more talented and creative than Lucas were much more involved in the development of the films. Lucas' ex-wife, his producer, his screenwriter, the actors and artists he hired, all of these people made Star Wars.

If Lucas had his way from the start he would have made an adaptation of Buck Rodgers. Failing that, he would have given us a Luke Skywalker in a crappy robot mask and Han Solo in a rubber suit.

>make a cannon
>get arrested
Thanks user!

You heard OP. ESB and ROTJ are not canon since they were neither written or directed by Lucas himself.

I agree, this is straight up Lucas' fictional universe. Others writing their own stories from it is basically fan fiction