Fox should give the X-Men rights back to Marv-

>Fox should give the X-Men rights back to Marv-
>......Oh

Other urls found in this thread:

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=fantasticfour.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So does Marvel get a cut from the cake, or did they just sell away one of their best properties like a bunch of retards?

Of course they do. Fox only owns the movie and distribution rights.

They sold their properties because they had no other option. A bunch of different studios bought anything they thought would be of some worth. Marvel lucked out hard that nobody bought their Avengers other than Hulk because they thought it was all garbage.

Marvel owns all the toy and merch rights. Fox isn't allowed to make merchandise of their movies so R-rated movies are in their best interest

>or did they just sell away one of their best properties like a bunch of retards?

Basically this, since it was the early 2000's and super hero movies weren't doing so hot.

Well they weren't wrong.

They were going bankrupt so they had to sell off everything.

Logan was like decent, at best.

Are we some weird abusive relationship where anything short of terrible is considered good?

>Logan was like decent, at best.
Well, yeah. It's the first capeshit since TDK or maybe Iron Man that's been decent.

This. GOTG2 is going to kick its ass.

THIS

It'll quip the SHIT out of Logan

Iron Man was fucking horrible.

It's a kino

Perhaps it was too deep, to complicated for you

fuck off, retard

They really should.

And I don't just mean because they'd find a way to handle it better.

I mean, after a movie like Logan, where the fuck do you even go with the X-men franchise as currently constituted? You've basically tapped the whole well dry.
And the next First Class movie is just going to be a really poorly executed Phoenix Saga movie. No thanks.

no thanks

i'd rather xmen movies stop entirely than see wolverine turn into a quipping beyonce fan

No. The marvel movies are garbage and Fox is making good movies.

Fox is what 4/10 on good X-Men movies?

GotG 2 is going to feel like watching Nick Jr after seeing Logan

Honestly, I would too. I'm honestly kinda glad X Men were forced to make their own way as a movie franchise, because as the comics can attest to, the X-Universe tends to swallow anything it comes in contact with like an amoeba. No X-Men in the MCU has allowed it to flourish in ways it wouldn't have been able to otherwise. We'd NEVER get a Guardians of the Galaxy movie, for example.

It would be best if they just kinda went away for a while.

That said, seeing how they'd weave the X-Men into the existing MCU tapestry would be an interesting thing to watch by itself

The marvel is 1/3 in good Iron Man movies
1/2 in good captain america movies
1/2 in good avengers movies
0/2 in good thor movies
etc. etc.

People mostly want the Fantastic Four anyway

Sure.

But even the worst Thor movie is at least as good as the best X-Men movie.

Like, what good X-Men movies are we looking at? X2 and...First Class? Maybe? Thor 2 is at least as good as that.

seeing as how they're "weaving" spider man is hamfisted as fuck, I doubt xmen would be any less clumsy

>But even the worst Thor movie is at least as good as the best X-Men movie.
please fucking kill yourself

i'd watch logan 3 more times at least, i REGRET buying a ticket to thor 2

no

Kinda unrelated, and this might sound like a stupid question, but is Logan even really an "X-men" movie?

I mean, I guess it ticks all of the logistical boxes; it's got all the right actors, it's made by Fox, and it is about characters who are, ostensibly, X-Men, but Logan goes so far out of its own way to distance itself from established X-Men movie canon that putting it along the likes of Days of Future Past doesn't feel right at all

Has there been any discussion at all about the Deadpool teaser?

X2, DoFP, and Logan were all better than Thor and Thor 2

>tfw Thor 2 was so shit I don't even remember its full title

HA! you're such a cunt!

In terms of capekino, I would rank it like this:

1. TDK
2. Logan
3. Spider-Man 2
4. Iron Man 1
5. The Incredibles

really?
we're counting DoFP as better than First Class?

>we're counting DoFP as better than First Class?
most definitely

Not that guy, but I STRONGLY disagree.

I liked DoFP, but dumbest movie I have ever seen.

Fun as fuck, and I'll watch it again in a heartbeat, but I wouldn't say it was GOOD.
I mean, at least First Class had a story.

Gisnep would ruin the x-men so it's a good thing.

They still haven't made a single good movie with the Marvel rights they have

>Iron Man
>Not Spidey 2

tbqh i've forgotten most of First Class up until the cuban missle crisis scene

only shills were saying that

Fox just needs to give the F4 back to Disney.

or at least allow both to use the F4 as secondary characters in mutant and avengers movies.

they actually only want Doom back, not even f4

and you need to shut the fuck up

Doom, Galactus, and the Skrulls.

doom, skrulls, galactus, namor, the watcher

>Fox just needs to give the F4 back to Disney.
Fox needs to start investing in F4 and give it to better directors than fucking Trank

There's nothing to discuss exept that "it's happening eventually"

>wanting Disney's hands on Doom

Please no, it's one thing to ruin literally who villains but not Doom please

you are beyond delusional, seek help.

yeah, these losers too

namor is not owned by fox

why don't you go make another awful movie Trank.

Considering the cast from last f4 has moved onto marvelshit, they'll have to recast again anyway so they'll build it in tandem with their new universe that they're building post-deadpool.

why don't you suck my cock, since you like it so much?

no.

because we'll get another fucking origin movie.

we're never going to get family super science adventures f4. with a magic and power armor using Doom, ruler of latveria.

Honestly, I think Fox is smart. Seeing how Logan and Deadpool turned out, it seems like they'd go against the grain.

I predict a possible Fantastic Four movie int he future that isn't an origin story.

Screencap this.

Fox can't cross over the FF with the Xmen due to contracts between the properties being done at different times and different people.

we got that in that unreleased movie, and you hated that. you don't know what you want

I meant in terms of time period, being that they would do a recast, not that they would blend the universe, I honestly don't think it would tonally fit with what they've been doing recently.

Fox should sell the FF back since they've had a quarter century to make a half-decent film with them, and execs' insistence that they can squeeze money out of them is retarded.

then go and tell them smartass

>Well they weren't wrong.

HAHAHAHA HAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHA

As they've proven with other properties, they can squeeze money out, they've just had bad luck recently with it.

The first one, despite what people around here say did go over well, but obviously that was in a different time being the early 00s.

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=fantasticfour.htm

they nearly tripled the budget, and while that isn't amazing for today's standards, it was decent back then.

i will if you don't stop typing like this

don't make me get out the belt

That means that Justin Bieber and Rihanna are good artists, because they sold a lot?

Avengers were always garbage, they sold only slightly better than the x-men even back in the 60s

>1/2 in good captain america movies
>implying First Avenger isn't good

Go fuck yourself. Or were you trying implying that Winter Soldier isn't good? If that's the case then still go fuck yourself.

take it and spank me
now

McDonalds confirmed for best restaurant in the world, Ratatouile BTFO

>1/2 in good captain america movies

Shouldn't it be 1/3? There's 3 Cap movies. Sure Captain America: Civil War was sort of Avengers 2.5 but it still counts as a Cap movie.

the former

TWS was fucking good, the first one just felt boring as shit

Plot twist

both were shit

Total BS, because Pixar has made $10.75+ billion, and that's not even adjusting for inflation since Pixar's first movie, Toy Story, was released in 1995.

By 2011, the original set of Potter movies had made $7.7+ billion or the same as THAT 'astonishing' MCU amount. By the time they add in the 5 Fantastic Beast films, they will have made more money with just 13 movies than the MCU - which is up to 14 if you don't count Hulk #1, which apparently Disney and the Marvel Drones don't want you to count, and MCU will have released 7 more movies (not counting Homecoming #1 and #2 since Sony will, at minimum, get 50% of the cash and is the distributor.

>Toy Story
>good
oh for fuck sake I'm going to slap your shit

If we're talking great capeshit films, then you have to have the Crow on there.

Fucking masterpiece.

They make up facts as they go along. Every marvel movie breaks some bullshit record, like GotG2 teaser trailer being the most viewed video evur and counting ESPN ad views to make the number

Disney hype machine is something beautiful to see working. Look how they turned around that Beauty and the Beast RT shitfest, with a 6.000000001 average rating or something like that so they get the golden tomatoe

faggot

god damn masterpiece. This may be the only comicbook movie to be better than The Crow.

Watched it last night. It was by far the best cape movie I've watched in recent memory.

I was crying for a good portion of it. When Stewart was playing senile it was amazing.

I was holding back tears, while my gf was giggling the entire time. Goddammit.

>imply Rhianna is bad

With this being the last real Wolverine movie, what do you think the odds are of Fox working a deal to give Marvel the rights back?

I want to see a live action Doom that just goes full Bond villain. That's all he is, he's a supervillain version of a James Bond nemesis. Why is that so hard to do? Bond's been doing it for half a century!

Jackman and Stewart are just talented actors. If it was the only good thing Fox ever did, it was picking them both up early. I'm glad we finally got a movie that dropped ensemble thing and just let those two do their job.

>marvel
>tied to disney so they have to make all their movies family friendly and to sell toys and merchandise

>fox
>only mainstream r-rated superhero studio right now

no thanks, marvel/disney will only water it down

Multi Billion dollar franchise. You tweaking if you think they'll make it easy for Marvel.

Different universe, similar ties. The statue of liberty fiasco from the first movie is referenced. Logan can stand it's ground on its own without context, truly it can be a classic. Real cape Kino

Your opinion is bad and you should feel bad.

Wolverine and Charles' relationship is pretty kawaii

Fox is amazingly lucky they got Jackman and Reynolds pushing their passion capeshit projects honestly.

Logan and Deadpool were movies Fox kept giving shit to and didn't want to make but in the end were their biggest successes.

Technically Marvel has netflix but they won' tie it into their movieverse out of fear of backlash from soccermoms who will say "our kids want to watch the devil man who appeared in this MCU movie. Marvel wants children to watch R-rated heroes" or whatever they can muster.

Well now they only have Reynolds.

They can replace Jackman with another R-rated success like maybe a Gambit spinoff or X23 and the New Mutants

>No Superman

this.
The movie was good not because "muh x-men" or extinction or so other capeshit/x-men related shit. Was good because Jackman and Stewart got space to be good and not some "look how cool Storm is shooting lightning bolts" or "Jean has phoenix powers, fans are going to wank about it"

Also good, they decided not to put Deadpool in it and use such for marketing/advert purpose

Just saw it yesterday. Not bad. Good direction, some memorable scenes, a convincing Jackman.

Maybe the secret is, don't be too capey?

Nah, capey works if one makes it work. Logan worked because they went in and focused on the character, not because of the special powers or wars and all that. Just some outcasts trying to survive.

The secret is make your own story instead of copying different stories and trying to give them twists in accordance with your shitty taste.

Bad day at the Marvel office?

What? Recent Marvel movies have been absolute garbage.