twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no

youtube.com/watch?v=rqvGCyWRKjU
This is the best trailer mashup

kino

>They expect me to buy an xbox one to experience remastered halo 2

Who here /cutscene compilation on youtube kinoisseur/

here here!

Why didn't Bungie just let the mystery of the relationship between the Forerunners and humanity stay exactly that - a mystery - instead of inventing all that crazy bullshit about a Foreunner-Human war?

I thought that was 343’s idea

When you grow up and realize that you're favorite video game franchise had absolutely zero meaning to it.

Because before the change, ancient humanity and forerunners were the same (not really a mystery), but they needed more material to work with to write three more games.

It was.

>When you grow up and realize that you're favorite video game franchise had absolutely zero meaning to it

i didn't want a Warcraft 4 anyway, h-heh

>a fictional setting and characters has no meaning to it
what is that even supposed to mean?

>ancient humanity and the forerunners were the same
Pls explain

BANE?

Halo 1: 343 guilty spark to MC "Before you asked me, if it were my choice, would I do it? Having had considerable time to ponder your query, my answer has not changed. The flood must be destroyed."

Halo 3: 343 to MC again "you are the child of my makers. Inheritor of all they left behind. You ARE Forerunner. But this ring, is MINE!"

Originally instead of the Forerunners deciding to kill themselves but save all other life for some reason, Humans were the forerunners which explained why they could use forerunner tech and were called reclaimers

>Halo 1: 343 guilty spark to MC "Before you asked me, if it were my choice, would I do it? Having had considerable time to ponder your query, my answer has not changed. The flood must be destroyed."
>Halo 3: 343 to MC again "you are the child of my makers. Inheritor of all they left behind. You ARE Forerunner. But this ring, is MINE!"
This fucking line is one of the most mysterious things about the Halo series. It literally implies that the MC is the Didact, because before the rings were originally fired the Didact asked 343 is it were up to him, would he fire the rings? And it was in the first fucking game, with absolutely no context.

Holy shit

Taking a bunch of adderall and playing halo 2 is really fun

>what is that even supposed to mean?
As in substance faggot. what the fuck are those halo games about outside of killing a bunch aliens who are trying to suicide bomb the universe because muh religion, muh great journey

you can always spot a youngfag when they whine about needing a fucking cinematic story in a goddamn video game.

>expecting a good story in whatever medium im experiencing it
top kek nigger, DUDE JUST TURN YOUR BRAIN OFF RIGHT LMAO!!!!???? kill yourself.

I don't appreciate the sarcasm one bit

I do appreciate those dubs though

I posted twice not accidentally but for a meta joke, see cause I used two, or dubs posts

>what the fuck are those halo games about outside of killing a bunch aliens
That is exactly what it is about. It's a first person shooter for fuck's sake, what are you even going on about? And Halo has one of the best stories EU's out there as far as FPS's are concerned.

It's an FPS. Those aren't about stories you fucking retard. Ever heard of DOOM?

fucking millenials. No wonder the game and movie industry is in such decay. We have game developers trying to make fucking movies and movie directors trying to make fucking video games. Get your shit straight retard.

>he needs more substance in a game about murdering aliens
Okay, then play a game that isn't a shooter maybe?

>DUDE IT'S AN FPS ITS SUPPOSED TO BE DUMB LMAO
Look I'm not gonna dispute that these games are fun, they are but is wrong in saying that? Whichever you niggers replied what is supposed to mean, then I answered. I'm sorry you're getting assblasted about some vidya with bullshit mythology with some pretty cool gameplay but to actually try to use the genre as a measure that it shouldn't try to aim for higher or better storytelling shows that I'm talking to clouds of cheeto dusts

Doom is fun precisely because it's taking the piss. Halo actually wants you to take it serious but fails

>he likes games with 20min cinematics between every five minutes of gameplay
You're exactly what's wrong with gaming today you fucking dipshit

Who even mentioned movies retard? Are you really telling me video games aren't capable of good stories and are meant to just be complete power fantasies devoid of any real reality? You really are a faggot user.

DOOM is one of the earliest FPS. What does it have preceding it to take the piss out of exactly?

Lmao why are you resorting to a strawman that have nothing to do with what I'm talking about? Good story in your mind equals cutscenes? Who's really the retard here? A good story is a good story, and video games are capable of it.

ughh...

>video game movie
fuck no

>what are genres
I appreciate a good story in a game as much as anyone you fucking mongoloid. Halo does have a good story for what it is, which is a game about violence, gore and fucking murdering aliens.

>a game where im a faceless hero murdering aliens in a first person view should give me a good story
>cut scenes arent' necessary
Oh I see, you're just fucking stupid then.

>he needs a game to hold his hand and tell him exactly what's going on
Back in the golden age of gaming we used out imaginations and we loved it, you millennial faggot

what the fuck do genres have to do any with it? shit is shit, doesn't matter if it's horror sci fi or whatever, you just used the word genre because your tiny brain can't actually think beyond DUDE ITS FUN.

>one of the best selling game franchises is shit
I'm not gonna argue with ignorant trolls. In depth stories have their place in games, but FPS's are not it. Fucking idiots.

>uses how successful it is as a metric to quality
ok faggot, enjoy Halo 24 RATED T FOR TEEN when it comes out.
And out of curiosity why isn't FPS a place to tell interesting stories? You do realize the market is saturated with shooters? Oh wait I get it, you're one of those faggot who buys the next COD or generic bullshit dirt and because that's all there is you've given up

When you get try hards trying to mix action games with in depth stories you get halo 4 and 5. That should be proof enough that shit doesn't work.

How do you not understand the Halo games are garbage now because they are doing exactly what you dumbass is advocating for?
>HURRR LETS TRY TO MAKE A GAME AND MOVIE AT THE SAME TIEM

it's good to hear michael wincott as truth. fuck them for replacing him with terence stamp in 3.

Would watch a CGI movie made by the slavs who made the cutscenes for Halo 2 Anniversary. They were the most beautiful things i've seen

>Halo doesn't have an interesting story
Halo has a damn good story and the largest story for ANY FPS you fucking retard. Holy shit this board is dumb.

Now see that's it done wrong, but all the faggots on here are saying that FPS can NEVER TRY to reach or aspire to better stories. That's like saying shit is shit just leave it alone and thats that. Faggot defeatist attitude

You do know that CoD is infamous for trying to make gay fucking stories out of FPS don't you? I'm starting to think you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

Nigger you cannot actually call those stories. Do people actually play COD for the campaign now? You faggots are absolutely missing the point. My whole gripe is that everyone on here is saying that FPS shooters can't have substance by listing off games don't have good stories. Bravo. good job, some games do a shitty job at that. as though nobody ever knew that

Bioshock 1 and 2 had good stories

Halo has a good story though

Now see Bioshock is a good example of an FPS with substance but these faggots are saying that doesn't have a place in those games because it's about turning your brain off.

No we're saying the original halos also did it well. You're just a dude with a shitty opinion who doesn't like the video games.

Dude I love video games, shit Halo 1 and Halo: Reach have decent stories but are you really going to sit there and type out how fucking incredible the plots to everything else is? Also this all came from some faggot saying there can't be substance in video games, and there isn't in Halo but at least those two examples are the only two in the series I can think of that do a damn good job of immersing me in a world and its characters.

>there isn't in Halo
but there is

I liked Halo 2's story desu. It felt a bit unfinished but the core concepts and drama was great

These games aren't about some military industrial complex gone awry that gives birth to the Master Chief and social implications of an alien genocide against humanity and what that does to offworld colonies or whatever the fuck, it's just blowing shit up in cool settings.Tho the novels do deal with that kinda but we're talking about games here so leave them out of it.

Everyday

>not mentioning Halo 2
Your opinion is invalid. Fuck off. Halo 2 is widely considered one of the best told story arcs in video games. Dual stories that climax and meet at the end, in depth look at the covenant hierarchy and how they operate. Walking in the shoes of your greatest adversary from the first game to understand what the Halo rings meant to them. The struggle between the elites and their insane prophets, the great schism, the elites finding out their entire religion is bullshit. Some of the most well done exposition dialogue. I can go on, but you're a lost cause.

I got this track from Halo 2 and beautiful memories of online, so we can be friends
youtube.com/watch?v=n3fmzlC6798&index=2&list=PL5JoTnRooTtdWiDZbwxwBQRMvP0R1UYOC

You actually make want to give Halo 2 another crack at it user, maybe I've lost my way because of 343 and cynicism.

that's all I ask annon
youtube.com/watch?v=_pGYyocIsBo

>The start of Uprising

When do we get our blomkamp kino?
youtube.com/watch?v=SyOAdrxlPVs

>tfw no tv show conducted as a series of interviews with marine survivors of the war
youtube.com/watch?v=GX5Kh1f5ksY

You did, it was called District 9

>Helljumper, Helljumper, where you been?
youtube.com/watch?v=wjamhIPVvnI

>there will never be a "Band of Brothers"-esqe series about ODST's in the Human-Covenant war

That would be fucking cool.

Isn't Spielberg planning to direct the TV series?

I doubt that project will ever see the light of day. Nobody knows how to go about it apparently because every time someone tries it ends up getting scrapped. District 9 started out as a Halo movie.

Bungie halo is better than the current gaylo
So of course any attempt to make a movie or series out of it will fail since the base already sucks

>implying anyone wanting to make a Halo movie wouldn't pull straight from the original trilogy

Daily reminder that Halo has the best:

> live action content from a videogame
> best comic from a videogame

And 343i ruined everything.

>District 9 started out as a Halo movie.
No, the director was attached to a halo movie that was in the works.

>all they had to do was port a few games
>they still fuck it up

I think I prefer all the Halo animations I used to watch on Newgrounds back in the day