Valerian

So, recently watched this film. It was not bad at all, on the contrary, quite enjoyable. Much better than Nu Star Wars.
I really liked the world building by Luc Besson, his creativity in this case is similar to what George Lucas' original star wars.

Too bad we are not going to get similar movies in foreseeable future.
About the lead roles, Dane Dehaan is a fine actor in himself, but I think both the leads were rather young to play space marines.
If Luc Besson casted different actors for the leads, I think the movie would have fared better in terms of box office.

I would very much like to BLEACH Rihanna

I'm with you, I really liked the movie, particularly the world building. Damn shame it bombed.

I liked the first half, after the Rhianna scene it went downhill fast.

I like the universe they built up, would be cool to see a sequel.

This flick was straight up terrible.

Was a 37 minute Rihanna dance scene necessary?

No.

Thanks to Sup Forums I couldn't help but kek when Rihanna transformed into a QUEEN just before she died. Great fun movie though.

Yeah.
I would like to see spinoffs based on this universe.

Cara-cucks in complete denail

Does Rihanna only make movies with aliens in them? Why?

Why didn't Lauralei use her power armor to escape the tribesman aliens? Valerians could bash through space station walls no problem.

I wanted to fug her in that outfit more than any other though

Rihanna seemed very attractive in that dancr scene.

The Sup Forums is better than Sup Forums.

>being a nigger

>not understanding BLEACHING

It was pretty bad user. Plot was cliched as fuck but was needlessly convoluted, lots of creatures and spaceshits and all that shit but 90% of all that was really poorly designed with no imagination whatsoever other than here's weird shit. The pacing was really bad especially with the whole arch when Cara's character gets kidnapped. I guess it was to show that the two main characters care about each other but the whole sequence was way too long and added very little if anything to the overall plot. No chemistry between the main actors and DeHaan is just simply not an action star. It wasn't the worst movie it was watchable enough to be entertaining but it was just a step above something like transformers.

>he thinks being a nigger is about skin colour
are you going to tell me that you aren't a faggot of you don't take cock?

>barely able to string a cohesive sentence or thought together
I think you're the gentlemen of color here, friend

The visuals alone saves the movie.

This movie fucking sucked.

Valerian was absolutely awful. The acting was weak, the plot was terrible, the scenes were cheesy...

And despite all of that, it's a really comfy feel and I watched it twice.

Valerian vs. Jupiter Ascending

I was watching this movie with a 16 yo guy who was my sister in law's brother, during this scene he removed himself from the room saying his mom doesn't let him "watch this kind of thing"

Rihanna is so fucking gross

It was funny when she died

>Oh I didn't notice I was fatally wounded during the fight before
>welp guess I better die now because this movie needs to have some emotion or something

Between Dane Dehaan's horrific attempt at "acting" and Cara Delevingne's terrifying manbrow I'm amazed I made it to the end. I think I was watching out of morbid curiosity by then. Someone mentioned Jupiter Ascending, this was exactly like that.

It's like The Fifth Element but stripped of all charm and excitement. I felt like I was watching Luc Besson desperately pretending to try to have a good time at a party when really he was just tired and hungover.

>It was not bad at all
stopped reading there, jesus christ

have you met the mom? are they religious?

is the son really into anime and videogames?

I liked it too.

What bothered me so much was how young the 2 main characters were. How are you supposed to suspend your belief that they're fairly high-ranked, experienced soldiers, old enough for that will-they won't-they get married arc, when the guy looks like he's maybe 16, at most. The girl looked 18 at least.
The resolve should have been that she accepted his invitation to space-prom.

they also looked like siblings and had the chemistry of two corpses

>cara acting
OH NONONONO

this, seriously.

it could have been a fun space romp with 2 teenage kids if they wanted, but they treated these characters like they were experienced badasses while they looked straight out of highschool

She plays a pretty good alien.

It was okay. Not as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

There were a lot of cliches, some terrible attempts at comedy, and an over-reliance on CGI, but it was more creative than anything Marvel or DC is putting out.

nope, because you pirated it and would have done so any way

>but it was more creative than anything Marvel or DC is putting out
that's a very low bar

>mentioned Jupiter Ascending, this was exactly like that.
Shit. I've had this bazaar interest to see Valerian for a couple weeks now. Dose it have any good and/or funny moments in it?

Don't listen to that user. JA was complete shit, but this shouldn't even be compared to that.
There were a few funny moments. Either way, it's colorful and comfy. You might like it.

Also, funnily enough, about that bazaar/bizarre typo. There is a bizarre bazaar in the film.

>JA was complete shit
Ya I can't imagine anything beating that yet.
>colorful and comfy.
I don't plan on buying it, but it should suffice on that alone as I'm not expecting a lot anyway.

LOL that's what I get for fat finger typing and not paying attention to what I select as the correct spelling.

Not gonna lie, that new nerd song feat Rihanna is great

do you prefer 37 minutes of delavigne instead ?

that's what i though

I wanted this to be the Fifth Element with a less charismatic actress.