This is the mustache that ruined an entire studio

>this is the mustache that ruined an entire studio

handsome

This is the facial hair that cost 25 million dollars to (badly)erase.

based Mission impossible killing capeshit

Oh yeah, it wasn't all those terrible movies they made, it was the CGI'd moustache.

Seriously he refused to get shave because he didn't want to reshoot, for some reason they couldn't force him. I wonder what's next for this guy.

when the movies finished he should keep it, looks aesthetic as fuark

Why did they even bother reshooting at that point? They could have just let based Snyder do his thing and the movie would have been better off for it.

no, he was contractually obligated to keep the mo, couldnt shave even if he'd wanted to

i can grow that in less than a week
how low test is cavill

i hope they add a line in the movie like
>hey i bet you'll look really good without that mustache
>nah *wink*

a week's delay on a massive massive budget movie
really?

>Cavill has the tache on for one scene
>shaves it after the first scene hes in

4 vfx studios worked on it for 3 months

Paramount contractually forbid him from shaving as he was filming Mission Impossible at the time
This has been stated so many times

I would fucking love that

a cgi mustache replacement on a massive massive budget movie
really?

kek

Because the DCEU snyder movies keep getting panned and WB wanted to maybe not get laughed at for once.

What was the point of the reshoots anyway? Was the original cut of the film not good enough? Or was it just unfinished?

well yeah he had already done his part now he was under contract for a new movie.
not his fault whedon and synder fucked up

Yikes

It was unfinished with some Alfred and Bruce and WW scenes but u dont need Cavill for that of course. No idea if the black suit stuff was shot or not but if it wasnt then just keep the moustache and have Cavill wear a beard prop for fuck sake

snyder only filmed 80% before he jumped out

>then after he shaved it followed by another guy one liner it with "Wow! You looks Superb, Man!!"

is that stache considered good or bad?

jelly of that stache desu

>you look like some kinda super man
jesus christ, really?

this is reddit deadpool material

DC fags are looking so hard for something to blame. Yes. This mans mustache tanked a $500mil movie. What a succinct deduction.

DC movies fail because DC films sucks ass. The whole operation is a marketing ploy as opposed to an enterprise with the goal of STORYTELLING.

But still, why would Henry start shooting MI6 if he wasn't done shooting JL? Why did they feel the need to alter/add to the script 80% into shooting?

Because studio execs are bigger hacks than directors. They are a bunch of incompetent rats who think they could turn that movie into a marvel quip schlock and make money. They thought they were good at that after suicide Squad

This always happens. Filming is a block of time, then they are released to do wtf they want, with the caveat that there will be, say, 4-6 weeks of possible reshoots or dubbing. It's all tentative.

Were they too hard on the movie?

A mustache is an executive and wanted to clone Marvel's lighter tone?

that's literally how all actors have their schedules organized, especially on ensembles like JL and on a movie where he's a support like MI6

Seriously that's like a 2 week moustache.

They seriously wouldn't let him shave it?

>first scene is him shaving it
>you don't even see the stache, his lower face is covered in shaving cream

are movie studios the most incompetently run industry in the world?

This made me laugh
I like it

Better question is, why is having facial hair written into his contract?

>Why did they feel the need to alter/add to the script 80% into shooting?
if the rumor is to be believed, they said the early cut of Justice League is "unwatchable"

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't production on M:I6 shut down for several weeks because Tom Cruise broke his leg? And wasn't that around the time that they were doing the JL reshoots? I don't know the specifics of Cavill's facial hair growth but surely he could have shaved it off and re-grown it in that time.

some producer has a beard fetish

You're welcome.

for scheduled reshoots

the MI brand is one of the only tentpoles paramount has so they aren't fucking around

lmao imagine working at Paramount as part of the legal team that got to tell WB to fuck off and spend 15M on CGI rather than have a guy shave

What would've happened if DC had him under contract to be clean shaven?

>have star trek bomb last year
>this year transfomers
>take wb down with you

What's so crazy about the stache? I don't get it

All contracts have appearance clauses. They can't change their appearances during shoots

In this case, Marvel fucked up, and paramount showed no mercy

Cavill was contractually obligated to keep the mustache for his role in Mission: Impossible 6. So, when Justice League needed to re-shoot some Superman scenes, he couldn't shave the mustache and they had to spend 3 months and several million dollars to remove it with CGI. Also, the end result looked really terrible.

>WB: It's going to cost us $15M to digitally remove the beard
>WB: It would cost us a fraction of that to make the most perfect fake beard ever and just give it you...

>Paramount: NOPE

Was it really that hard to just make the scenes they already shot work somehow?

it wouldn't have mattered, they had wrapped up filming. There would be no clause in any contract for whedon replacing snyder and wanting to reshoot the entire movie

Snyder's daughter died so he couldnt continue

>>Paramount: NOPE
more like
>not our problem

Why not just reshoot all of Cavill's scenes, I'm assuming he doesn't have that many, with him having a beard?

He's so damn attractive.

a massive budget movie RESHOOT
If you can't get it right the first time then you are shit out of luck, especially if the actor has already started filming another movie. Their actually lucky Cavill could film at all.

Ah thank you for the explanation

based

>the we could have had handsome non-CGI Cavill
I hate WB so much...

What kind of forfeiture would Cavill have seen if he was in breach of contract? More than $15M?

>mfw my heart melts everytime I look at him
Fuck sakes Cavill.

enough that he wouldn't shave his mustache for it

Honestly he probably wouldn't be penalized that much, but he would piss off a lot of MI6's cast and crew as well as several powerful people from Paramount. It would be a dumb move for his career, and he'd be falling on his sword over Justice League which I'm pretty sure he knew was fucked.

Will the Justice League clusterfuck kill Cavill's career? After the spy movie what else?

No fuck all these threads, can we just agree that Cavill is actually a beautiful looking man? He really fucking is.

Fuck.

despite the movies being bad, he's a good superman. The movies weren't criticized because cavill did a bad job as superman

He's a good actor, he did television shows in UK before all that and he's not shit.

Not even gay, but I agree wholeheartedly.

me too
t. Homo

You have a fetish for balding men?

This is the truth of it. WB would probably have compensated him financially, but no way was he going to fuck himself over with Paramount for a shit show like Justice League.

IN TOM WE TRUST!
WE ARE SORRY THAT WE FAILED YOUR VISIONARY "MUMMY", FORGIVE US FOR THE LOVE OF XENU!

>believing this meme

hopefully the man from uncle 2

And he's a really nice guy. I bet those shits that bullied him aren't so cocky now!

The face man, the face and body. I don't really care about his hairline but God damn his face.

POST MORE HENRYS

why did he refuse to shave it? it doesn't take long to grow it back right ?

In his contract not to.

ummm sweetie xenu is the satan figure in scientology how about you skim a wikipedia article sometime hmm? sheesh *shakes head and walks away*

kek
damned mustache cartel somebody has to stop them

hnggg

so in "Mummy" Cruise literally becomes Xenu?

>MR. ANDERSON

>tfw you will never walk into him laying on your bed in candlelight waiting to hold you in his arms

Forget that he was contractually obligated to keep it, let us run through what happened

>henry signs up for JL
>cast and crew get a schedule
>henry signs up to do MI6 and tells them he'll be available after JL is all filmed
>snyder wraps up on principal photography
>MI6 want him to have a mustache, so he grows it
>gets scheduled to shoot
>snyder drops out, whedon gets signed on
>he wants to reshoot the entire movie
>henry has to juggle both jobs
>a mustache doesn't grow back in hours, takes at least a couple of weeks
>he's doing whedon a favor by even fitting reshoots into his schedule, he's not going to fuck up his current job for one he had finished already

I can't think of another industry where you fail upwards

ok thanks

>Paramount pulled off the perfect IT WAS JUST A PRANK BRO

Fuck, that man is beautiful. Good for him.

>still watching capeshit unironically
The true mark of the brainlet

DADDY