Teacher

>teacher
>thinks being near a plant will cause you to suffocate
What did Mike Judge mean by this?

She actually became dumber as the series went on.
Like, early on her biggest character flaw was being too prudish, then she just somehow becomes completely retarded and insufferable later.

Mike Judge doesn't think women can be intelligent. It's why Peggy and Luanne got dumber as the show went on.

Connie

She was always dumb. She always talked about things she knew nothing about in an attempt to seem smart. It's just that the writers put her in higher stakes situations as the series progressed so her dumbness was more pronounced and dangerous.

I don't think that's fair to say. The whole cast male and female did a lot of dumb shit. The only straight man on the show is Hank, but he's only a moral straight man. He still makes dumb choices, neglects his family emotionally, has daddy issues, etc. I felt Luanne was one of the only characters that actually got smarter as the series progressed as a result of her making dumb mistakes and learning from them.

True, at least up until she quits college to cut haid then gets married to Lucky and her character development somehow rapidly reverses.

to be fair, by that point the entire show degraded, not just Luanne's development

Also Minh. Did Mike just hate white women and portrayed them as morons and whores? Seems like he had yellow fe-
>the japan episode

How did she ever get her teaching credentials?

>What did Mike Judge mean by this?

He was thinking he'd make a series about Texas. He succeeded.

It's a show about rednecks. That's the joke.

Again, Texas. This is the state that allowed a literal crazy conspiracy theorist to almost be elected to the board of education and just approved a creationist curriculum in public schools.

Substitute teaching credentials.

"In my personal opinion, the day after Thanksgiving is the biggest shopping day of the year."

She's not wrong.

Teachers aren't as smart as you'd think.

spa-peggy and meatballs

Yeah and it's also the state that has the most innovative tech industry in the US.

Get fucked, your state sucks.

It's just spaghetti with sugar and nutmeg.

What does that have to do with your fucked up education standards? You know none of your tech workers are from Texas.

I can't hear you over all of my freedom. Go have fun with all your unions in Commie Cali.

kek
He mad that Texas is a booming job market and a great tech center.

Come down to Austin. Then compare it to your shitty little city.

And all of your tech workers come from Massachusetts lol

Yeah, and they all come to TEXAS.
Because TEXAS has a booming tech industry. Who cares where all the workers come from as long as they ain't no mexicans? Retard.

Associate's degree, and she's only a substitute teacher. And because the real teachers at Heimlich County take too many days off, having to fill their roles on a regular basis gave Peggy the delusion that she was a real teacher instead of someone who shows the kids movies for the entire period.

Hank's mom was pretty decent. Her only problem was that she repressed alot of shit that went down her marriage with Cotton and it made her a nutter.

Austin is a liberal shithole. I don’t know what you are proud of. I personally would not let those Marxists from New England in my state.

Luanne got her happy ending. She escaped the trailer park and ended up married to a man who genuinely loved and respected her. She's better off than her parents in every regard.

Minh was connies mom though and they're both gooks

Minh probably made Connie study a shitload and as gook traditions go, probably abused her if she failed even in the slightest

It's a booming tech industry though.
You don't seem to understand...
>Booming
>Tech
>Industry
It doesn't matter what people populate it. It's still way better off than the shitholes you live in.

Is a booming thriving economy with liberals better than a failing economy with liberals?

Answer me that question. If you don't then I'm not responding to you anymore.

Plants breath in Carbon Dioxide and give off Oxygen.
She probably thought it was the opposite.

>being this defensive about the state you live in

Jesus, dude clam down. Are Texans the new Californians? Do you have a autistic meltdown every time someone insults where you live?

Only during the day, during the night they have the same respiration as us.

>teachers are smart
Nice meme.

Dude, it's common knowledge among Americans that public schooling is garbage. It's sad because it's such a fact of life that everyone can joke about it but nobody wants to fix it. Mike Judge was just playing it up as a joke, but our educational system is seriously garbage, and our university system isn't much better.

The best thing you can do for your children is send them to a private school. I was a special needs kid and public school was a mess, not to mention the social conditioning just killing me of any drive

>they ain't no mexicans
Clearly you aren't nearly as educated as the MA tech workers. Texan education at work.

Yes, but she's presenting a measureable fact as her opinion.

>Dude, it's common knowledge among Americans that public schooling is garbage. It's sad because it's such a fact of life that everyone can joke about it but nobody wants to fix it.
lol just give out vouchers for private schools that aren't available in your area bro

This has always been true of Texans and never true of Californians (since most people that live there aren't front there).

Some are and some aren't, just like your field. Low intelligence isn't a categorical failing of teachers. I'm sure you work with or have class with all sorts of smart and dumb people.

Plenty of people want to fix it; those people just don't happen to be politicians.

Peggy was always Peggy
If anything there was a slight shift in tone for her being stupid conservative to stupid in general Wich is good really
Difference being later on we got more focus on her

Every single character in the show was stupid
Except Hank who had a daddy complex and was smithers levels of lackey

>and just because his name is osaurus, does not make him irish ohohohohohoo

Gotta hand it to them
>Make an episode were Luann's gets roomates
>Luann's learns how awful she was by seeing how awful they are
>Learns from Hank how to be responsible
>As the series goes on she starts trying to be smarter about things
Then again she married the stupid trucker so

I like the episode where Hank learns in the back of his head that he's actually a communist but still refuses to admit it.

What episode was that?

The presidential election episode.

Vouchers only make the issues worse. Killing public education is a goal held by certain republican factions and that's one of the more innocuous seeming tools that in reality saps more money from public schools and feeds the coffers of private institutions that may well have their own agendas.

Public education is great if you live in the right areas where the funding formula of property taxes works in your favor ie the upper middle class white suburbs. Arts, STEM, and sports are all supported well enough in those schools.

her spanish has been off since episode 1, she was always dumb.

To be fair, Peggy was nice enough to buy her husband his own Mexican sex slave.

It's worse in her case, in the first few episodes she's actually really bright and she's also a really competent mechanic, then she just went full retard presumably because that's easier to write joke around

When did Peggy become irredeemable? I remember her being played as reasonably smart in the beginning too.

>take money away from underperforming schools
>make them have to earn it by giving exams that they can't prepare for because they're underfunded

the system works

Or business people who scam the public into thinking they'd be different from politicians, for that matter.

>trucker

Lucky didn't get paid to drive a truck, the series makes a point of the fact that a settlement from a lawsuit where he slipped in urine at Mega Lo Mart was his sole source of income. "pee pee money" is what he cites on his taxes.

Why did you think they called him Lucky?

He hits goldmines on settlements.

he slipped on peepee at the costco

>Because TEXAS has a booming tech industry

No thanks to Texas education, because you have yahoos like Peggy Hill. You have smart people moving to your state to balance out all the idiots who were born there.

Apparently Luann getting dumb again was network mandated, since they didn't like a character having such pointed development because it made it harder to watch episodes in syndication, where they could be aired in any order.