Why did you guys never tell me how good this show is?

Why did you guys never tell me how good this show is?

Only time I've seen it discussed was when it was compared to pleb shit like Breaking Bad.

I'm halfway in Season 3 and I don't think I've ever seen anything on TV better than this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RpFtjVpGnQU
youtube.com/watch?v=27TJZzgNtwU
youtube.com/watch?v=AuGFlP5Duuw
youtube.com/watch?v=n1tFbZ5kaY8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's easily top 10 of all time.

Enjoy it while it lasts. Everything is garbage by comparison. You wil never get that strong a hit again for the rest of your life.

The Wire and BB are baby shit compared to Sopranos.

GABBAGOO MADONE

its easily the most beloved piece of television in this board. shut the duck up and enjoy it

Why is the pilot so shitty compared to the rest of the series?

overrated on this board

>oh my goodness, do you know what this is?
ITS A FUCKING GUN

meh, a lot of the symbolism, allegories, and metaphors were a little too tongue and cheek for me or just kinda there for the purpose of being there

also there's a lot of carefully woven-in commentary on american society and politics where chase's personal opinions become evident, and it's annoying

where the show excels is with its characters and making their flawed relationships seem genuine and all too real.

The S4 finale is bar-none some of the best writing and acting that's ever been on television

plot-wise it's kinda meh, if i remember correctly i found S3 and S5 to be particularly weak seasons

Soprano/Rome>Boardwalk Empire>The Wire>BoB>>>>>>shit>>>>>>>everything else

Whats so good about rome?

Everyone says how good it is. Multiple Sopranos threads daily. The greatest work of pop culture of the 21st century. David Chase is literally god.

>no Mad Men

Everything, desu

Selective attention?

Sopranos threads are everywhere and always have been.

i'd argue Fargo is better

The series? Haven't seen it.

It was written like a decade before the rest of the show.
Twin Peaks: The Return is the only contemporary telekino that has it beat.

rome was good for about 7 episodes and then dropped in quality by a huge amount - Sup Forums only memes about it because it was cancelled and it was one of the first "good" tv shows

Yeah but even with its problems - and the show had many in season 2 - it's still better than basically anything on TV now.

Yeah wait till you see The Wire.

shut your whore mouth, plebish woman

>Why did you guys never tell me how good this show is?

Newfag.

>The Wire is shot by comparison

Oh Madon'.

I fucking love The Sopranos and it's easily the best show l've ever watched, but

>The Wire
>Shit

>Rome instead of Deadwood

Fact: "Rome" is exactly the same kind of vulgar, crass crap as "Game of Thrones", only the setting is arguably more "esoteric" and thus brainlets elevate it to a status it certainly does not deserve.

The Wire is bad.

>muh allergies
the people that laud this aspect of the show have an understanding akin to a highs chool enligsh teacher - everything is spelled out very clearly in the most basic interactions, the cinematography only serves to heighten what is already explicitly stated in the main narrative

THE GROOM FEEDS THE BRIDE

true. even the weakest parts were great and it held narrative so strongly. character > story is always going to be better received critically
on this board, i deserve that

easily top 1 of all time

Okay, why?

There's nothing esoteric about Rome, you dweeb. It's a (mostly) well-written historical epic with beautiful sets and good acting.

Game of Thrones is dogshit in comparison. Maybe it could have been Rome in a fantasy setting had it retained the feel of its first season, but its popularity ruined it with too much fanservice and thinking it has to live up to its pop-culture reputation of "omg so unpredictable" and "anyone can die woooah."

You are a mega faggot

not an argument

My estimation of John Sacramoni as a man just fucking plummeted.

Errr the first season was incredible but the other ones are mediocre.

I'd argue it's Breaking Bad tier

So, it's good then?

And they say you can't tell who's a reddit poster or not.

the absolute state of Sup Forums
faggots born after 2001 thinking they've seen everything already

sick reply and sicker gif you fucking faggot

Because it's been widely regarded as one of the greatest shows ever made for over a decade making it very redundant to state how good it is?

Look at this retard trying to fit in, you're clearly new as fuck. Kys

I watched Rome again recently because of this board. I remember watching it years ago and thinking it was very mediocre... Turns out I was right. The praise the show gets on here is a meme because it's not a great show. Deadwood is 100x better.

Guys I've got this huge plate of gabagool, anyone know where I can put it?

its full of fat and nitrates

>No Twin Peaks

Sopranos and Twin Peaks are the only shows that reach solid gold kino status. Fuck everything else Sup Forums talks about

forgot Deadwood

as opposed to the "everyone on Sup Forums says how good Sopranos is, so it must be good" argument

"I wanna kill the fat faggot myself, it'd be a fucking honor! Cut off his pizza deals and feed it to him!"

Why did Chrissy hate Vito's pizza deals?

youtube.com/watch?v=RpFtjVpGnQU

>everything else Sup Forums talks about
You really don’t think mad men and deadwood are on par with those? Easily the top 5 greatest shows ever made along side maybe the wire/true detective S1

>everyone’s just memeing when it comes David chase’s masterpiece

righty-o, pleb.

In the czech republic too we love pork. Ever had our sausages?

I can't tell if the series would be improved by Jimmy staying on for another season, he was a fun character but his death is necessary towards the eventual push against Pussy.

not saying that. I'm just saying people need to stop saying "not an argument" when they don't have any argument themselves.
inb4

>not an argument

THE BRIDE REMOVES THE NINETY POUND MOLE FROM HER MOM'S ASS

>sittin on a parkbench dududududu
How do you respond?

Nice of you to join us at 1 in the afternoon

Cute but it's
Sopranos>>>>Deadwood>Rome>>who cares fuckin pleb shit

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

youtube.com/watch?v=27TJZzgNtwU
Who was in the wrong here?

you brought this upon yourself

Paulie for squealing on Ralphie. Fucking malignant cunt.

The Wire >> Generation Kill > >Sopranos>>>>Deadwood>Rome>>who cares fuckin pleb shit

this, it's no contest
I mean, there are good shows beside those two, but they are the dual pinnacle of television the twin peaks, if you may

"Get it out, get it all out you little hoowa!"

I don't get it, what's a hoowa?

OH NO NO NO NO HAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHA

Sopranos was near faggot-tier at the time.
It was a Wop greaser soap opera that came at the end of the Gotti reign in NY. Every Soprano season was the same

> Nagging woman antagonist to Tony
> Tony crying like a bitch because he is the leader (with no varsity experience)
> introduce a new old member to the crew who happens to be a scumbag
> some gabagool
> Carmelo Soprano is a hot MILF meme
> Tony's nagging goomba
> Anthony Jr is a bigger faggot than anyone trope
> climax season by wasting the scumbag crew member you introduced in the opener

rinse and repeat

That said, it plays like a vat of oversexed bull semen in the current age of ultra faggotry and homocism

the fight scenes with tony's family are way too fucking authentic
It's almost uncomfortable

youtube.com/watch?v=AuGFlP5Duuw
So good. Think it relates to Tony "coming in at the end of the mob's, or even the US's, peak."

t. brainlet

everything about AJ and Meadow is uncomfortable if you're a middle class person who grew up in the suburbs and whose parents spoiled you. My sister and I weren't very different from them as teens, but my dad is a "professional" rather than a mobster, and we're Anglos from the South. That's just how well Chase captured the American experience.

>(with no varsity experience)
SON OF A BITCH

I was actually referring more to Carmela and female hysteria, but yeah I could relate to AJ in the earlier seasons
and meadow reminded me of my sister with her snarkyness

>tfw i was basically AJ except i actually started growing up after the AJ phase
Still feel bad about how i acted even if it was mostly hormones

>except i actually started growing up after the AJ phase
this is what AJ believes

Yeah I was AJ af from 15-19, then attempted to stop being a total worthless pissant. Worked out eventually. Well I was never actually depressed or suicidal. Just incredibly lazy etc.

Why was the 90 pound mole the joke that made it back to Johnny when “she’s so fat, her blood type is ragu” is much funnier?

Also found out actress is dead when finding the picture

Unlike AJ im writing a bachelor thesis right now and in like 1 year i'll have a good job

Because it was Ralphie who made that joke and Paulie hated him.

When Ginny hauls ass, she has to make two trips

>its an arty ruins his restaurant episode
:c

Meadow is an hysterical proto-SJW, it's hilarious.

>*Tony vomiting and shutting his guts out*
>"Aww what's wrong with daddy"
>"Your father had Indian food"
>"THAT IS SO RACIST"

>that look she gives Tony when Carm tells him a black kid stole her bike

Have you noticed how her focus on oppressed minorities then makes her into a mob lawyer because now apparently italian-americans are oppressed?

The thing with Tonys coma really changed her perspective i guess

I SMUGGLED THOSE SEEDS BACK FROM THE OLD COUNTRY IN MY SHAVING KIT

>that scene when he hunts and cooks the rabbit

Two guys can fuck her at the same time and still never meet.

fun fact: SJW isn't a new or even recent concept.

youtube.com/watch?v=n1tFbZ5kaY8

Middle class white people have been spouting that bullshit since the 80s. The internet is the only reason its gained any traction outside of art colleges.

GAZZATA MALANGA

Fargo is decent entertainment, but there's nothing beneath the surface. it doesn't belong in the discussion at all.

WE LEAD THE WORLD IN COMPUTERIZED DATA COLLECTION

arty truly is the best character

still couldn't get everyone who's alive into one room, even WITH computers. So who's to say there's not another Livia? Checkmate.

the wire got some depth, possibly more than but fucked up a couple of whole seasons at least. sopranos . breaking bad aint got depth compared to sopranos, no deep insight at the construction of american life/culture/id/history etc it's like deep dark waters, possibly the only tv sho that can be compared to an entry in the canon of literature.

What the fuck u talkin about?

meant wire might get more depth than sopranos in some aspects, like the role of institutions play on shaping culture. compared to wire and sopranos , breaking bad is like a grand guignol trick "ooh a wet napkin breaks into a bad character" ehh..

this and rome season 1 are the GOATs

The absolute state of Sup Forums

Is this your trick to get replies? Because it's working.

it's italian for whore

>half-way through the worst season in the series by far
>I don't think I've ever seen anything on TV better than this.