Is he the Roman Reigns of Marvel?

Is he the Roman Reigns of Marvel?

At this point half the characters in Marvel are Roman Reigns

Carol

Half th-
fuck.

He actually sells tho

Kamala gets shilled way more than Miles and sells worse

SPEAR! SPEAR! SPEAR.......VENOM STRIKE HE GAVE HIM AN VENOM STRIKE!

Kamala did well before they tried to capitalize on her without understanding what made her appealing. They have tanked her sales to almost Carol levels.

This.
Miles almost fits the bill however.

Kamala just isn't a forever seller. Her volume sales were on the decline before the last days issues gave them a boost.

the fucking who?

mandrama I think

No, I don't think he'd make a very good heel.

He isn't really pushed as much as you guys think, he appears in other books about as much as any other newer character. In fact this is the only comic board that discusses him so much.

oh gotcha, well this aint the thread for me then

I think it is really just Bendis that puts him everywhere he can. Like Maker he was only important in Secret wars because he was making the 616 jump, if he wasn't there it would make no sense for him to be here now. Nobody really throws him up except bendy, he was basically a background character in avengers and Champions. Making miles look strong is just something Bendis does with all of his OC and characters he likes.
>Miles is super skilled and one shots everything with venom blast
>Riri is super smart and everybody loves her and wants her own their team
>Bendis has a giant ultimate kitty pryde fucking up galactus and made the 616 get abstract tier cosmic powers from that mirror while everyone else got semi decent boost
The nigga just loves to wank his pet characters to the fullest.

See, characters like this make a LOT more sense to me than Carol. Since they're brand spanking new, inexperienced as fuck, and have been pushed hard anyway. Miles, Riri, Moon Girl, Jane IMO (she's new to superheroics).
Carol's been a superhero for 40 years now, and ate shit for a lot of it. She's like when a midcarder becomes a main eventer because they stuck around for years. Like Miz or JBL.

>implying cabinet JBL wasn't based

Hey, I ain't implying nothing. Just saying, a lot of people hated the fuck out of him.
I even appreciated Miz's run. It wasn't GOOD, necessarily; there's a good reason he never got another one. But all things considered I felt that he deserved it. And to his credit he fucking owned the role while it lasted.
>Roddy Piper never won this belt! I did! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA FUCK YOU ALL!

C'mon dude, being a comic fan and a wrestling fan goes hand in hand, we're like one of the biggest crossover demographics around, what are you doing, get it together man, go watch some Raw episodes damn

>go watch some Raw episodes

I actually like Raw, just getting inb4.

Comicvine bitches about him on occasion too. And as far as I can tell, Sup Forums and comicvine are the only comic book sites that actually read comics so I'd say fans hating him is pretty accurate.

It's also worth noting that Miles fans are typically all noobs who recently got into comics.

The Kitty Pryde thing is my fetish, so I'll let it pass.

/thread

Comics brand is a dumpster fire propped up entirely by Star Wars and neverending events. MCU is fine. Have decent hopes the gaming division gets their shit together with Insomiac Spidey and MVCI.

>tfw Roman will never go either corporate heel ala Rock, or renegade heel and align with the Revival or Authors of Pain as his back-up.

It hurts.

What does Dave Meltzer think of Miles?

He's not really worth bitching about to me because he's such a nothing character. He's not even arguably bad like SpiderGwen. There's just literally nothing there besides the costume.

Bendis is such a poor writer.

Uhhh...

Watch Smackdown instead please.

Who the fuck is that guy and what comic is he from?

I see him often around here and it bothers the shit out of me because he vaguely looks and acts like an OC I made

>watching Ram instead of Smackdown

How do you think the rest of Rock's cousins feel they didn't get shilled like Roman?
Billy Butcher from the Boys

CWII and Bruno leaving fucked everything up.

I can't imagine either of those factions gelling desu.
Revival are his antithesis and AoP have a bit of a terrorist thing going.

Roman isn't the Rock's real cousin. Don't let WWE fool you.

Pro-wrestling is just too gay even for someone who reads stories about buff men in spandex fighting each other.

The Boys by Garth Ennis. Great fun, his best work imo (prefer it to Preacher). Give it a look if you can handle the edge.

>Roman's major selling point in ring is his explosive physical style where in kayfabe he's the best at both beating people up and rolling with the punches
>Doesn't mesh with the team whose tagline is, "No flips, just fists."

Revival on Smackdown is probably the better choice though, can save the tag division and do a rerun of their feud with Alpha.

I'd argue the opposite. While Spider-Gwen is shitty, there's at least substance there, which is at least something. Meanwhile, Miles has absolutely none, he's unoffensive, literally anyone could have made him which makes Spider-Gwen better by default. Furthermore, Spider-Gwen is lesser known and often times when people tell others of her it's usually in a bad light. Meanwhile, Miles is praised by most sites and is seen as a quintessential read, which frustrates some long time fans who know tons of other characters who deserve more praise than Miles.

ALL the Samoans are cousins.

>he's such a nothing character

That's the problem. He's such a bland and derivative character yet he gets pushed and praised upon way more than he deserves.

Miles should've been a girl, he would still be boring but at least he'd have a fat ass.

>and often times when people tell others of her it's usually in a bad light

On Sup Forums sure but everywhere else most people seems to like Spider-Gwen.

Well in the end he has Bendis in his corner and he was the best selling Ultimate character and his sales only improved since they did away with it.

Should he have a nice ass anyway just by being a Spider-? What went wrong?

>explosive physical style
SOMETHING doesn't mesh here fo sho

>He's not really worth bitching about to me because he's such a nothing character.
This desu
Does he even show up in Pete's comic on the regular? Seems to me like you have to go out of your way to read Miles' shit and get offended by him.

Holy fuck first thing I thought as well.

>Does he even show up in Pete's comic on the regular? Seems to me like you have to go out of your way to read Miles' shit and get offended by him.

He's shown up once or twice, the run is only 20 something issues old at this point. Regardless, the way Miles is presented in that doesn't count since everyone is trash in that book. Fuck Slott.

I think Carol is mental leader and Miles would be the physical leader.

They are, however The Rock isn't blood related to any of them, his grandpa was just very good friends with their grandpa.

Depends on if he's at the Tokyo Dome

>Fuck Slott.

Slott is the only thing keeping Peter alive because Bendis has been trying to kill him and make him the only Spider-man