Living in the wild is easy lol

>living in the wild is easy lol

Other urls found in this thread:

newyorker.com/books/page-turner/how-chris-mccandless-died
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He was murdered for escaping the system and not giving jews his shekels. Google it

>dude bears kmao

>people hating because this guy had a good run and they didn't

>boy i sure hate living in society
>i know! i will live in the wild without doing any research about how to survive there
>*dies*

what a hero

>missing the point
How is being 15?

>lmao nature is harmless m8

if that wasnt your main takeaway from mccandless' story, youre retarded

Guy was an idiot, he could have made it out easily if he had done just a tiny bit of research before. There was a tramway he could have used to cross the river just about a mile away from him but he never saw it because who needs maps?

It's relatively harmless as long as you're not tackling it and pissing it off

>a good run
>dead at 24
pick one

t. retard

>implying it isn't easy

City slicker with a tiny a pecker, hyuck hyuck hyuck

He did exactly what he wanted, that's a good run.

His only mistake was not fucking prime Kris10

no he didnt and he regretted what he done judging by his diary entries before he died

So he wanted to die at 24?

is there anything likeable or reedemable about this guy?
everyone already agreed he was an unprepared retard.
is there a single angle one could look at this from and come up with words of praise?
absurdism? letting yourself get killed?

he spent 2 years of his life out of school then he was dead

Dying itself is rarely fun, regardless of your age.
Aside from that.

I can understand his wish for an adventure or to explore uncharted land at least.

>hurr if he's so smart how come he's dead

Romanticism is like a 200 year old concept you fucking Philistines

Romanticism doesn't mean naivety.

it wasnt uncharted land

why didnt he just google 'how to survive in alaska' lol

for him it was, he knew nothing about it and made sure it stayed that way because society

That's why he didn't use a map, so it was uncharted to him. That also ended up killing him though.

This guy was a LARPING fucktard who was obsessed with Thoreau, despite the fact that Thoreau received help while writing Walden anyway. This stupid nigger was a few miles from a busy town, but he ate poisonous berries and became to weak to travel over a river that used to be frozen.

Only people who consider this movie as kino are 16 year old pot heads.

Wait, didn't he do research?
Call me a faggot but if I decided to live innawoods I'd at least make sure I'd know which plants are safe to eat. Or did he eat them because he was starving and had no choice?

No, he even declined when a guy he hitchhiked with offered him a map or to first drive him to a nearby store for some supplies

So he wanted to die then?

why didnt he let that old guy adopt him?

Who knows. He did write SOS messages when he actually was dying and tried his best to hunt and survive

You can watch the movie or just wiki if you want the full context. He was a dumb kid that had no idea what he was doing.

Yes. He wanted to die.
Like the poets that walk towards sea to die drowned. He was stupid as fuck.

it takes some real kind of psycopath to just feel no feelings at all abandoning their parents and sister
jesus this guy was a complete egotistical freak

never mind that, he turned down prime kstew
what kind of madman would do such a thing?

Here's a guide of how you can make terrible shitposts like OP:
>see a successful thread
>couple days later copy the same thread with an opening 10x less inspired than the original

the point was that he didn't appreciate people and without anyone around he died. He literally wrote "happiness is only real when shared" moments before dying

>couple days later copy the same thread
why do newfags love outing themselves bros?

Why do all edgy contrarians on the internet pretend the moment you enter a forest, you're as good as dead unless you're Bear Grylls? There are literally thousands of homeless crazies and drifters out there who live like that. Only difference is they stay closer to towns for begging and buying booze.

I don't see anyone claiming this. I just see a bunch of people saying it's dumb to live in the wilderness of Alaska without doing research beforehand.

This thread has been made hundreds if not thousands of times always with that exact image and some thowaway line. Lurk more.

he didn't appreciate contact with people, it is the moral of the story that this is what killed him. He had many chances along the way to experience happiness with others but declined all of them, and then when he finally got to be alone he fucked up and died

That's ironic because the only people who like this film are 15 year olds

why does he trigger people so much? reading about him he comes off as a principled person that still managed more impressive feats than anyone on this board before he died

didn't watch that gay looking movie though

>implying homeless men and drifters aren't 10x more prepared to survive than that hipster sheltered cuck

Being a homeless bum and dying from shitting your insides out are not very impressive feats user.

>kills a moose
>instantly starts opening all its internals to bacteria
>doesn't know how to make a fire
this kid deserved his horrible death, he did not deserve this goofy book/movie for being an idiot

all the stuff he did in Mexico and the Southwest was

>died on the day i was born
neat

The movie is still a good watch.

He had a book on edible plants. He confused a berry plant that was poisonous with another berry plant that wasn't.
He died because he starved, the berries only hastened it. If he wasn't starving he would've gotten over it fine in a day or two.

Yeah I don't get it either. In all these threads people only focus on his death. Friend I watched the movie with was the same, only focusing on his death and forgetting everything before that. Like death is better if you live to 90.

>original

What did he do? I only vaguely remember the movie where he was hitchhiking, canoeing and banging KStew in some hippy community and then he went to Alaska and died.

>the moment you enter a forest, you're as good as dead unless you're Bear Grylls?

You literally are. My coworkers nephew got lost in the forest during a half-hour break while training to be a park ranger. It took them almost a week to find him and he was almost dead. You walk a few dozen feet too far in the wrong direction and you won't know where the fuck you are, and you will die unless someone finds you.

>death is better if you live to 90
It isn't but the intervening 66 years of life are

He's the human equivalent of the depressed penguin from that one documentary. Everyone can relate to him, but because he was a privileged middle class white guy instead of a cute penguin, we hate him for it.

>privileged
stopped reading right there

Not necessarily, even less so if you spend these 66 years with the latent frustration and regret of not having done what was important to you.

>is there anything likeable or reedemable about this guy
he did what we all wished to do at some point as we were teens, but never had the balls to do it.

he died for our dreams.

apart from that, he was an idiot and a he gets the praise for educating all the idiots after him that being stupid will get you killed, there is a fucking reason we live as we live.

>living past 23
kys

>didn't stay at Kstew's trailer to smell her armpits 24/7

This is how you know it's a movie and not real life.

people on this baord are just fatasses hating movies about good looking people doing bad acting for a lot of money. When a movie like into the wild is talked about, they fear the thought of outside because they know they could not survive without googling "how to make a fire".

This board is pathetic and you should just stand up and get the fuck away from your pc to feel reality for once.

my birthday is two days before yours, and it is the day elvis died. Once on my birthday I took a shit and it had a light brown shit pompadour and ever since then I knew I'm his reincarnation.

>they know they could not survive without googling "how to make a fire"
then they are perfectly placed to comment on the retardation of the main character who couldn't do that either, wandered into alaska and died of hunger

>My coworkers nephew
so everyone is your coworks nephew who is like, what.. 12 years old? Grow some balls faggot.

I dive with sting rays all the time and you have got to really manhandle one to piss it off

>he did what we all wished to do at some point as we were teens, but never had the balls to do it.

suicide?

could this post be any more reddit?
reply to this post to answer

Lmao did he not just look at the sun to get his bearings?

newyorker.com/books/page-turner/how-chris-mccandless-died

^A very interesting read.

>falling for the online jew

no one suggest that you should walk into a jungle or a forest without any knowledge whatsoever. He did pretty stupid but his idea was to be free, so he was even when he died he truly lived to the fullest.

I myself been traveling for 5 years around the world, mostly sleeping in my tent near a forest, waking up to nature whispering and watching the sun rising while breathing fresh air throu my nose. The feeling you get from that is just as good as sex. I think that people miss out on "life" and define it with made up definitions and believe systems which end up hurting them but bring society more forward.

Before anyone ask, I make money throu altcoin trade and invest.

it is though? grizzly man lived for fucking years with bears before he got eaten

Sup Forums wouldn't last 2 days in place without tendies and capeshit

There are areas and situations people simply cannot survive due to either lack of preparation, lack of knowledge, lack of resources or lack of luck. Yes even bear grylls.

He died because he was a fucking idiot and voluntarily went in to an unknown environment unprepared, he shunned humanity and died alone. And thats kinda what he wanted

>hurr durr capitalism is ebil
>eats wild berries
>dies by nature

Lol it's so fucking fitting that you guys missed a huge part of the movie. The idea that you need people to be happy, that you won't find happiness alone in the wilderness.

Let's pretend his passion was Nascar driving...

Christopher McCandless sets off, from California in an old car he rebuilt himself (he replaced the fenders and painted it), on a trip to the Daytona 500. He only gets across the state line when he runs out of fuel because he forgot to fill it up. Instead of simply walking to the nearest gas station or flagging down help he decides to push his car over an embankment and set it on fire. He then proceeds to walk on foot to the nearest car lot (which happens to be in Mexico for some reason, mostly because he burned up his map in the car and he's been taking backroads.) He finds an old bicycle in a garbage dump and uses that.

He finally gets to the car lot and buys a fixer-upper for $50. Before leaving the car lot he has to change a tire, which he replaces with the solid rubber donut. He buys fuel and heads off to the Daytona 500 again. Only he's heading deeper into Mexico and eventually ends up broken down in front of, "Autodromo Internacional de la Jolla" due to no water in the radiator. The engine block has seized up. Luckily, there's a race about to start. Christopher...er "Alexander Superspeeder", who changed his name, pays the $125 entry fee for the race.

Unfortunately, Alexander Superspeeder doesn't have a race car. He does however have an old bicycle still. He uses the bicycle to race. He makes it only 3 laps before he is too tired to steer straight and veers off into a race car and is killed.

Some Jew picks up his story and writes a book about his life and how he followed his dreams. Another Jew makes a movie about it. Armchair racers around the world adore him.

The End.

>tfw you reject society for mother nature and she painfully murders you

I was talking about the guy not the jew movie.

I work outdoors and the romance of making fire by rubbing sticks together is retarded.
When I go out on the river I bring a lighter in my dry bag and pocket wrapped in saran wrap.

The novelty of primitive living quickly wears off after the first few days

makes no fucking sense. Worst analogy I've ever read on this board.

t. never read the book

RIP

kek

the people who hate on this guy are the same people who hate pop music, he fucked up and died, give him a break. its an interesting story.

best poo story ive read in a while

kstew wanted his dick, why didn't he take her and they could've lived in the bus together and sixty nined

You may as well just made a food analogy

He was arrogant, pretentious and fucked up over and over. He met amazing people while travelling the country, people who liked him and wanted him to be a part, but his retarded 12-yo idea of living innawoods without literally any experience or preparation got him killed. He even realized in the end that he wasted his chances of happiness.

>implying analogies are bad

Sucks when your phone dies and you can't recharge it.

>the virgin analogy
>the chad metaphor
Is that a thing? Can someone make one?

Nigger.

Nah, his father was an asshole and his sister kind of understood everything because, again, his father was a purulent asshole. It filled me with satisfaction to watch that old cretin's reaction when he learned that his son was dead, after he enjoyed several decades of power trips at his family's expense.

Living in the wild really isn't as difficult as you might think, living in the wild in Alaska however is just plain stupid. If the berries didn't get him, the cold would have.