SHOTS FIRED

SHOTS FIRED

Now watch as Image becomes the very thing they were trying to get away from when it was made.

Ok.

zzz

uh what? techbased heroes are already a thing. Are Valiant fags so stupid that they can't comprehend that? Kirkman's right either way. In all the actually good stuff Valiant has, there's not much of a mainstream audience for it. The digital series' might change that (No it won't).

I can do that too, watch.

>I know one person that's heard of #guyver, the guy who ripped it off to make X-O Manowar.

I know one person that's heard of @DCComics, the guy that ripped off Tech Jacket for Blue Beetle.

Can't believe Guyver is still going.

bump

Why was Kirkman talking shit on Valiant?

Valiant has the best shared universe, and the best line of shared universe characters. Now that we will be seeing some films their mainstream audience, the ones that seek out the comics, will have a great library of TPBs to read. That will create long term fans. A good catalog is important. Good monthly series are too. Valiant has both. Its only their other media that is lacking. Films first. Animation. Games. Lots of growth ahead for them.

Kirkmam got all that Walking Dead ego going on but once his one trick pony finishes up at AMC no one will care about him anymore.

Also he's always been a shill for Image.

because despite all his claims that he was going to save comics with Image, he hasn't managed to churn out another hit like Walking Dead/Invincible. So denigrating other comic book companies is his way to compensate.

Too bad Valiant took the bait, and responded in the most retarded way possible.

Invincible isn't even a hit, his only successful comic is TWD, everything after that has been flop after flop. Even the Outcast show wasn't the hit he was expecting it to be.

It is?! Jesus Christ.

Yup, but I haven't read it in years. The art quality has gone down the drain, although the overall designs are solid.

Valiant owns the trademark of Outcast & that's why Kirkman's Outcast is called Robert Kirkman & Paul Azulta's Outcast

Too bad the only scanlation I know of is locked behind a paywall the fucks scanlating it put up.

Manowar armor aways reminded me of the Samus armor. Is the current run decent?

The Venditti run was pretty good, with some pretty fun highs, yet some rather boring lows. Still, worth reading for sure. Matt Kindt is taking over the title soon.

Pretty much from the moment Kirkman left Marvel to go back to creator-owned full time and become one of the big boys at Image he's done nothing but talk shit about anyone that's not Image.

That twitter profile pic tho.

It's good up until the 20 or so issue mark when the Unity (make-shift avengers) crossover starts

The 90's run is probably better overall, but then again I'm fairly biased. I am however excited for Kindt's take later this month

Tech Jacket is probably the least inspired name ever.

Isn't the creator like horribly sick most of the time or something? Would explain the decline in quality.

Not really. He has Invincible to get sold to Hollywood (though it would have to be done as a cartoon to properly done) and given how much Bendis HATES Scott Lang Ant Man, the moment Bendis becomes EiC, he'll most definitely kill Scott off again and try and get Kirkman back at Marvel, writing a Eric O'Grady Ant Man book.

Then there is Thief of Thieves, which is blatantly a TV pitch if there ever was one.

Kirkman and Bendis hate each other now.

I liked it for the Manowar/Ninjak interactions, but the whole thing just made me want to read Bloodshot (is that his name?), dude is great.

Lemire's Bloodshot is phenomenal, i highly recommend you check it out.

Ninjak's own series is also quite good. Hell, most of Valiant is recommendable. Especially anything by Lemire, Van Lente or Kindt.

As far as comics go, Invincible is a hit.

No it's not, it barely sells shit.

I'd wish they would cut out the filler for Ninjak. They could have resolved everything with him and Roku in 12 issues instead of dragging it out.

While Kirkman is right. Why even be a dick about it?

>Lesser comic companies talking shit about each other

CRIPPLE FIGHT!

>Invincible isn't even a hit

this makes me sad. the book jumped the shark but it's still one of the better series.

Why?

>the moment Bendis becomes EiC
it's about time people realized this is inevitable

literally every other editor at Marvel who was qualified to become EiC has by now been promoted to a higher post in terms of prestige and pay, and Benis is the only thing they have left

get used to unbelievable shit after Disney "laterally moves" Axel to another meaningless media position and quietly fires all the burqas

O SHIT WADDUP
GET READY FOR THE ALL-NEW ALL-BLACK MARVEL UNIVERSE!!!

did someone tweet Guyber to her, please tell me somone has ?

His name will never again appear on the internet without three sets of parentheses around them.

>Then there is Thief of Thieves, which is blatantly a TV pitch if there ever was one.

Didn't that get immediately optioned after the first issue? There's not been any talk about the show since that.

>his name will never again be written by trumptard fascist shitheads without three sets of parentheses around them.

fify

>literally every other editor at Marvel who was qualified to become EiC has by now been promoted to a higher post in terms of prestige and pay
Amanat has some bullshit position that she'd probably love to give up to be in charge of the entire Marvel line. If not her it'd probably be Mark Paniccia, Nick Lowe or maybe Jordan White just because of what they oversee. Paniccia's the X-Men editor and has been at Marvel for a long time, Lowe is Spider-Man and White oversees Deadpool and Star Wars.

>Nick Lowe
Huh, I thought he'd been promoted from Senior Editor Of Books We Don't Admit We Publish

Seriously though Kirkman's entire empire is based on other people's shit.

If this where the old days DC woulda sued the ever living fuck outta him for Invincible like they did Captain Marvel.

>DC woulda sued the ever living fuck outta him for Invincible
When did DC buy the rights to Dragonball

He got promoted to some digital content thing but is still editing Spider-Man. Most of the time, these "promotions" are bullshit meaningless things meant to inflate the perception of importance.

>Paniccia's the X-Men editor

It's only gotten more fucking batshit. Gigantic hasn't been Guyver's main powerup for years now.

Lowe hasn't been the X-Men editor for a long time. He got moved over to Spider-Man to replace Wacker and that was like 3 years ago.

To samefag and follow up on that, I think the timeline is that Mike Marts was editor of the X-Men line for most of the first half of the 2000s, then left to edit the Batman books for DC while Alonso got moved from Spider-Man to X-Men and Wacker was hired from DC coming off of 52 to edit Spider-Man. Alonso is made EiC in like 2010 or 2011 I think and Nick Lowe, who had been editing the second tier X-books, gets moved up to head the X-Men line. Wacker gets promoted to VP of Animation in 2014 and Lowe moves over to Spider-Man while Marts comes back to the X-Men but leaves after a short time to be replaced by Paniccia who had been doing stuff like Fantastic Four and Hulk at the time.

And when I say Paniccia's been there a long time, I mean it. He was EiC of Malibu and came over when Marvel bought them.

This.
Opinion instantly discarded.

I personally find that they manage tone really well and market towards it - You get your humour books with A&A, more serious stuff with Bloodshot and the worst of cringe like Faith is contained to just that title.

Damn. They should do another anime.

>that time kuckman said image will overtake DC in a few years

>US comic companies

Crippled Bum fight, two participants will be selling their organs between bouts.

>>I know one person that's heard of #guyver, the guy who ripped it off to make X-O Manowar.
I don't see it.

Good, his Outcast is boring as shit.

>X-O Manowar film gets made
>Every Normie: Isn't this an Iron Man rip off?

Anyway I read through the original X-O comics recently. I hated how at times they'd hype something up or leave something on a cliffhanger and then next issue there's no mention of any of it, apparently whatever the last issue was doing was concluded in another character's book but I don't remember it ever saying "To be continued in OTHER BOOK Issue #Whatever" at any point. So at times I was kinda lost.

Hated the fucking ending, whole thing ends up being a dream/future vision that Aric has while captured on the spider aliens' ship. Now he can go through everything again but with hindsight this time and we don't even get to see it, we don't even get to know if he makes it to the armor that time. Unless there was some other comic he showed up in after that I don't know about.

Tried reading the current series after that, skipping the one made when Acclaim had the license. But when they hyped up those Armor Killers from space, told their origin, showed them setting course for Earth to fight that one member of their group that got infected and ran, and then the next issue starts with Aric talking about how he has already killed them all I just lost all interest.

>Mark Paniccia
>ever getting promoted
He's the editor that's continuously put on shafted titles, he's not getting shit

Pic related is Valiant's Outcast, a literally who.

>Paul Azaceta
ftfy