Netflix's Iron Fist won’t be wearing his costume (or even a mask) anytime soon

>There was no good reason we could imagine to put Danny Rand in a costume. Because Danny Rand is still discovering who he is as a hero and where he is going to be, so he’s not yet ready to put on a mask or a costume

>At the same time he is someone who is rather well known as a billionaire, so he can’t necessarily go out in public and do the things he does without being recognised. It does become an issue for the character

>We’re trying to keep things extremely grounded and real and tell our stories through characters. So the mystical aspect is something we like to hint at, the idea that there is something bigger and larger out there, but we don’t delve into it all that deeply

gamesradar.com/netflixs-iron-fist-wont-be-wearing-his-costume-or-even-a-mask-anytime-soon/

Translation: we are embarrassed of our source material

Cant Wait for the comic to follow suit. RIP

I expected as much, particularly with the "hinting" at mysticism.

This.

Iron Fist is also really crap if you're ashamed like this. I mean come on, right?
>We’re trying to keep things extremely grounded and real and tell our stories through characters. So the mystical aspect is something we like to hint at, the idea that there is something bigger and larger out there, but we don’t delve into it all that deeply
It's a guy who mastered magic kung fu in a mystic alien city by punching a dragon in the heart.

Fuck this shit.

>costume
it was a traditional attire fucking retards

>...he can’t necessarily go out in public and do the things he does without being recognized.

Which is the point of a mask?

>So the mystical aspect is something we like to hint at, the idea that there is something bigger and larger out there, but we don’t delve into it all that deeply

Why even watch?

At least Jones himself confirmed the inclusion of Shou-Lao

Why do people life sucking out all the fun of comic book characters and act like it somehow makes it profound and intellectual. Blech yet another Netflix show to not watch. The mystical aspect is exactly what they should be delving into.

It's probably just like a statue he punches to break as a test of his glowing fist I guess.

especialy since dr strange was so successful

I hear in this season they leave the hallway.

>We wanted to keep things extremely grounded so we decided to make Shou-Lao a man with dragon tattoos

TBF Dr. Strange did mostly make magic into some kind of martial art

>budget as low as humanly possible
Ah, the Chi Po discipline!

yea i agree but they did shit like the multi-verse and interdimensional travel look cool

Probably because trying to stick a grown man in green and yellow spandex and a do rag would look ridiculous to most people, the people the show is trying to attract, because there aren't enough fans to actually bother making a show about these characters.

Thats why we always get these semi-armored up suits or costumes that are barely costumes.

Yeah, no shit. A lot of us called this the moment they started talking about it. Iron fist doesn't fit in the world they created, so they were going to change a lot of shit to make it fit.
Strange was fucking boring outside of the 4 minutes trippy scene in the beginning.
If we're lucky. There's definitely not going to be an actual dragon.

They did yeah. Not necessarily arguing with your point, just also making the point that they didn't go wild with the most basic stuff. I agree all the dimensional travel was nicely done.

I feel like nothing an Iron Fist show could do would be more ridiculous than

1) Agents of SHIELD
2) Anything that's already been done in wuxia films

Why use this hero if you're not interested in the spectacle of it?

>grounded and real
>wont delve into mystical aspect that much
>in a goddamn Iron Fist show

Why

BOOO.
Danny Rand wears a mask not to hide his identity, but because K'un-Lun has masks on just about everybody important.

If your brain is too dumb to experience suspension of disbelief why are you watching superheroes at all? Just go watch some pleb show like Lawn and Order.

>Disney is ashamed they are making money off comics
>more news at 11

for me most of his costumes looks confy enougth than a real martial artist coud use them

What are you talking about? Who is this Lei-Kung the Thunderer fellow ;^)?

I chuckled.

>no good reason we could imagine to put Danny Rand in a costume
>so he can’t necessarily go out in public and do the things he does without being recognised.
>no good reason for a costume
LMAO. This guy is retarded.

Translation: "We don't really have the budget to do all those special effects, so he's just gonna' be glowy Batman.

Because Marvel wants to push more characters to further draw in more people, without actually making something that is for the people that like this sort of thing.

Hey, I want accurate costumes and all the goofy shit comics do. I'm just saying that they want the, for lack of a better word, "normie" audience. The ones who have no idea who anyone is outside of maybe Batman and Spiderman. The completely clueless shits who, upon seeing Iron Fist, would dismiss it as "kiddie power ranger shit with some fag in a green onesie".

Shut the fuck up, retard tripfag.

>Scott Buck did something retarded
Wow.
Feel free to read this post in Michael C. Hall's unnecessary exposition monotone

Batman actually had a costume. This will just be vigilante homeless guy punching stuff and making it break, like luke cage and jessica jones and daredevil before it.

>push more characters to further draw in more people, without actually making something that is for the people that like this sort of thing
The results:

I liked the first season of Arrow, but I have no desire to watch it again.

If they can accept Spider-man's costume whose just about the only hero to ever have his costume accurately represented why can't they accept Iron Fists? In what way is it any sillier then Spider-mans?

It would be absurdly easy to redesign the costume in a way that works very well in live action. Why would you think it needs to be spandex in the first place here?

People aren't rational, is the thing. They accept Spiderman because Spiderman is well known-And their friends probably like it too, which in turn makes it acceptable for them to like it. Same way they accept Batman, and Superman.

Iron Fist isn't well known outside of the comic reading community.

As well they should be. Just because you have to dress your story and directing in some infantile IP in order to get networks to buy it and gullible herd animals in the seats doesn't mean you have to wear the dunce cap they supplied.

Eh, disappointing to be honest. I'm sure it won't affect my enjoyment whilst watching this, but then it's not really 'Iron Fist' anymore.

>enjoyment
Optimistic, are we?

Nothing has yet proven to me this'll be bad.

Why didn't they just use his ultimate costume?

Also DD basically had his mask in S1 without the eyeholes. I don't see the big deal.

>no costume
>grounded and real

What's even the point

It stopped being Iron Fist when they removed the revenge motive from his origin

Not even the fact that the last time its showrunner was put in charge of a show, that show became a joke among pretty much everyone?
I don't fucking trust that guy, he's an idiot.

i liked the track suit in this run

>>There was no good reason we could imagine to put Danny Rand in a costume.
>>At the same time he is someone who is rather well known as a billionaire, so he can’t necessarily go out in public and do the things he does without being recognised. It does become an issue for the character.

Are they literally stupid????

Slav Fist

Some people like to reserve judgment until they've actually had a chance to experience the product.

Really? They couldn't just put him in a green gi with a yellow sash and mask? There's no fucking excuse.

>September 2017
>EW.COM EXCLUSIVE: IRON FIST COSTUME FIRST LOOK, NEW DAREDEVIL AND SIGOURNEY WEAVER CONFIRMED AS FIN FANG FOOM

>SIGOURNEY WEAVER CONFIRMED AS FIN FANG FOOM

i would be extremely happy whit this

Alright, fair enough.

I feel like she's one of the few big name actors who will do projects just for fun.

Defenders is the "last" of the original announcements. Why not just go fucking nuts?

In the last act, she'll rip off her shirt and there will be a tattoo of Foom and she'll yell out "I am the Fin Fang Foom!"

>There was no good reason we could imagine to put Danny Rand in a costume.
>he can’t necessarily go out in public and do the things he does without being recognised.
What I'm getting from this is that he'll get a costume/mask after he starts actually doing hero shit and acclimates to New York again, no idea why they'd directly contradict themselves otherwise.

>no good reason to put him in a mask and costume
>proceeds to give a very good reason as to why he should wear a mask and costume
Kinda getting mixed signals here.

Fucking hell. I was looking forward to this since Daredevil season 1. So damn disappointing. Just like everything Marvel produces these days.

>Grim and Gritty Fin Fang Foom is a call for help as she saunters around drunk in a pair of purple shorts, drinking grain alcohol and spitting it at candles
>It takes all four Defenders combined to fight her
>Beats her only once they remember Jessica can drink like a fish
>Luke and Danny sit back to watch a drunken catfight; Matt looks off a rooftop waiting for a sign that Karen or Elektra or whoever is not-dead/dead/a Hand Ninja/whatever.

Still can't wait for whenever Frank gets announced this year.

Man I'm tired of Netflix Marvel and their obsession with grounding everything and being ashamed of the superhero aspect.

That stuff works for Punisher and Jessica Jones, but not for Iron Fist.

>There was no good reason we could imagine to put Danny Rand in a costume
How about the fact it's the ceremonial costume of Iron Fist, the most prestigious warrior in K'un-Lun?

a man in a deep-V spandex suit with a yellow sash walks up to you in flats.

how long does it take for you to stop laughing or walk away avoiding how much of his chest you can see?

>Luke Cage successfully adapts Diamondback's jumpsuit, then gives him a goofy looking helmet on top of that
>Iron Fist is too afraid to put a man in a mask
>the same kind of mask that Daredevil wore for the entirety of season 1

Marvel Netflix takes stuff too seriously and Marvel Studios doesn't take stuff seriously enough. Luckily, we've got Inhumans on the way to save us with the perfect middle-ground.

Have you tried drinking this product yet? I heard it's delicious, but you never know til you try it right?

How long do you keep laughing after he crushes your rib cage with a single punch?

Because people feel that exact same way when it comes to batman, or spiderman, or captain america, or...

I don't know if you've noticed this, but live action adaptions of superhero characters often redesign the heroes costume in ways that fit the medium.

You're funny, user.

Why would I laugh at him?
In the real world, I'd know he's dressed as Iron Fist.
In the world that appears in the MCU, I would assume he's a superhero because superheroes exist there.

And you're adorable. After all, a guy dressed up in an american flag motif would NEVER work in todays oh wait a minute...

exactly long enough to muster one last "Ha" before succumbing to my wounds.

Please, no one watch this so they don't do this shit again.

>Inhumans on the way

Still can't believe they're wasting time with that shit. Just accept it Marvel, no one will ever be interested in these 3rd stringer Not-Mutants, and you're never getting X-Men back from Fox no matter how much you try to devalue them.

I hope you realize that this attitude is why I, Robot was a steaming pile of shit. You shouldn't just slap an IP's name on something barely, if at all, related and then act like people are being fags when they're upset you lied to them.

We should go out.

>billionaire martial arts master

hmmmmmmMMMMMMMM

really judo chops my wooden boards

Yeah, that's going to happen.

>is still discovering who he is as a hero and where he is going to be

Oh, so it's another badly paced, long and boring origin story. Thanks for the heads up, Marvel, won't watch it.

because strange things can be funny?

Also, in MCU World, every hero aside from the New Yorkers is larger-than-life. Ghost Rider is a rumor and most of it's been explained away as Ancient Aliens.

>falling for such obvious bait

>reversed colours
AGH MY EYES

It's like they thought keeping him white would mean no one would care if they changed everything else.

>Because Danny Rand is still discovering who he is as a hero and where he is going to be, so he’s not yet ready to put on a mask or a costume

You know, I can buy this. If they're adapting Immortal Iron Fist/Immortal Weapons (and I really, sincerely hope that is the case), then we have to admit that the whole "costume" thing never really worked, anyway.

I have a theory that down the line, though, they'll find a way to work the costume as part of the theatricality and ceremony that comes with being K'un-Lun's champion- battle dressing for the tournament in the Seven Capital Cities of Heaven, a lot of pageantry that ties into the history of the Iron Fist and K'un-Lun herself, basically.

When you consider that, strictly speaking, Danny didn't actually learn his own history and truly "buy into" the venerable history of the Iron Fist's legacy until well after he'd returned to New York and done his whole "Heroes for Hire/Defenders" thing, it makes sense that he wouldn't bother with any of the trappings yet.

That's if they bother to trying writing the costume in at all, anyway. Personally, I could live without it. Like I said, I don't think it ever really worked in modern Iron Fist without some serious mental gymnastics.

>We’re trying to keep things extremely grounded and real
It's literally ok when Marvel does it.

>Probably because trying to stick a grown man in green and yellow spandex and a do rag would look ridiculous to most people, the people the show is trying to attract, because there aren't enough fans to actually bother making a show about these characters.
Then make a show about something else. If you aren't going to respect that source material, then why are you even bothering to adapt it into a show?

If these shows premises where pitched without the attached superhero names noone would care or thing they be good shows. Slap the superhero names over characters and suddenly its brilliant storytelling, expect its not, its using beloved character to sell a boring grounded depressing show. No one started reading superheroes because they wanted a realistic interpretation of crime fighting.

What the fuck are you even talking about?
Danny was raised in K'un-Lun and dressed in their fashions for ten whole years. Their culture was his culture.
When he became the Iron Fist, he donned its ceremonial attire.

The only reason he didn't learn his own history is because the guy before him stole the book and ran away.

There's a difference between dressing in traditional K'un-Lun clothing (like the outfit in the OP, for example) and the ridiculous pageantry of the Iron Fist costume.

The costume's part of the history he doesn't know or even have access to. That could be a reason why it's not included, and a reason why it's introduced later.

this is a thread of people saying it's not ok though

How the fuck is he going to get the power of the Iron Fist and not wear the outfit of the Iron Fist.

He's not just Daredevil who decided to start doing it one day. The costume comes with the power.

It's like being given a Green Lantern ring and saying na just my white T and jeans I'm not ready for the outfit.

>If you aren't going to respect that source material, then why are you even bothering to adapt it into a show?

Tell that to pretty much every single show, book, and movie adaption of a comic book.

Tbf you could do that as a GL if you put a logo on the front, don't need a full costume. Arisia has her nonstandard dress.

The Iron Fist isn't a fucking secret, you dope.
Everyone has heard of them. They hold contests to decide which of their warriors will be chosen to face Shou Lao in battle. Not having the biography of all the previous holders of the title doesn't make him an ignorant foreigner who came for the power and peaced out.

But I do that all the time

Guy does it too but as a GL it's turning your own personal preference into a GL uniform.

Iron Fists do the same
Which is why it makes no logical sense for Danny to not wear anything related to the legacy of the Iron Fiat whatsoever.