Nolan movies are being released in 4K at 19/12

Nolan movies are being released in 4K at 19/12

Other urls found in this thread:

realorfake4k.com/list/
bullmoose.com/p/26391703/nolan-collection-nolan-collection
youtube.com/watch?v=39L513eKa7Y
gizmodo.com/5250780/how-regular-movies-become-imax-films
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Are you ready to see the plane scene in its full glory?

>19/12
do you mean 19th December or December 2019?

December 19th

That's a big boxset

Should have researched on my own before asking, thanks for clarifying.

They're making a DK Trilogy if you're not interested in the full Nolan set
Also just DKR is priced $25 solo

Finally I can watch cringey dialogue with awkward exposition and shit choreography in 4k!

not gonna lie Inception is my pseud guilty pleasure. I feel like the momentum of the climax lasts longer than in any other action movie

on top of that batman begins and dunkirk are solid movies.... and I'm still torn on Interstellar because the plot makes no fucking sense and Nolan dialogue is worse than ever but it has such good intentions

>looks goo..
>no memento
Why don't they ever release a complete collection? Kubrick has like 4 collections but none of them are complete.

>Why don't they ever release a complete collection?
WB doesn't have the rights to those movies. Also, the film that Nolan used in his earlier stuff might not be convertible to 4K (but it's just an assumption, i'm probably wrong)

kek, this

Nolan shoots basically everything on film. There would be plenty of resolution left on the print to rescan meme-nto to 4k.

four K

>19/12

There's not 19 months you fuckin tard

do 4k masters exist for these movies?
or is it just another "upscale" & "color tune"?

the 19th month

And why would I want them?

>THE PRESTIGE

YEEEES! Fuck Memento. The Prestige is Nolan's best.

whats memento lol?

posted from my iphone

You're getting 4K masters supervised by Nolan himself. realorfake4k.com/list/ use this when buying 4K BD so you don't get jew'd into buying a mastered at 2K upscaled bullshit.

“The wonderful thing about 4K technology is it gets closer to the resolution that we shot in film,” Nolan commented. “Photochemically finished films of 35mm have at least 6K resolution, IMAX films, upwards of 18K. So as home video formats keep evolving, 4K — particularly 4K with HDR, it allows us to give somebody at home an experience that’s much much closer to what it was like to see the original film prints as projected on film.”

Inception is letter boxed at 1080p if that means anything

for you

I'm expecting high resolution PNG screenshots. Don't dissapoint me.

thx for the info
I'll definitely be buying this collection when I can afford a full 4k hdr setup

No problem bullmoose.com/p/26391703/nolan-collection-nolan-collection $103 shipped

For real? Fuck me I always hated that Blu-ray was stuck in a 16:9 frame regardless of the source's aspect ratio, causing letter and pillar boxes everywhere. Most theatrical films were never in true 1080p height and you're telling me 4K didn't fix this?

>half of the package are capeshit

w e w

superior collection coming through

ONE HUNDRED SIXTY SEVEN DOLLARS AND NINETY NINE CENTS

HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAAHHAHAH

see

>almost 100% capes hit except for the fanservice flick with Emily Browning

>not a single IMAX scene in the trailer
why did they crop it?

>IMAX films, upwards of 18K.
Holy shit, Nolan is so full of shit.
gizmodo.com/5250780/how-regular-movies-become-imax-films
>As Kodak makes IMAX film out of the same ink/material that they make 35mm film, to scale, you can argue that IMAX reaches a theoretical equivalent of 18K digital, or 252 megapixels. In real application, even an expert we talked to within IMAX doubted if the viewer can see 18K projected, estimating that 12K might be a more accurate guess.

Nolan is literally that autistic kid who hears other people talking and repeats it without understanding any of what was actually said

he was just bragging

he's a product of corporate marketing

>no memento
this

>Americans in charge of sensible formats

keke

I bet they're still cut off from their imax aspect ratio lol

the colors of tdk still look like shit. why even live?

But he was right, what's your problem?

Looks like kino's back on the menu, boys!

Are you illiterate?
"Upwards of 18k" doesn't mean "theoretically 18k but really probably around 12k"

>buying a box for literally only 2 decent movies

I hope you mean Interstellar and TDKR

you can buy these movies in 4k separately

bingo

It's the other way around you illiterate fuck

I'm sure that'll be great if your taste is shit enough to want to see all those movies again

no Memento or Insomnia? what a load of shit

I have no idea what you're trying to say. Learn to speak English and then never fucking reply to me again
Not surprised that you're the sort of tard that makes up Nolan's autistic fanbase.

ebin meme bro

?
> "theoretically 18k but really probably around 12k" doesn't mean "Upwards of 18k"
This is also correct. How does this magically make Nolan right?

for plebs

BRAVO