Fargo S1

Can we talk about the biggest waste of talent in television. Lorne Malvo had the potential to be one of the greatest characters in TV history, the potential to be a Tony Soprano type. But instead we get a show that...

>has the dullest FBI "key and peele" sketches
>all the characters you are meant to sympathize with are all pathetically one-dimensional
>a sceme about a refugee in sudan for no goddamn reason
>some of the worst acting outside of Freeman, Thornton and Odenkirk
>the worst "how do we tie this all up quickly" finale I've ever seen

Everything about this show is sub-par except for Lester and Thornton's evolution as characters, why did they feel the need to add all that "muh family shit", everytime I saw Colin Hanks daughter character on screen I felt like I was watching Modern Family. Probably not going to watch S2 but damn, it feels like we missed out on a great show.

The Lorne Malvo Show would've been kino.

What refugee scene?

A thread died for your shit opinion

Season 2 and 3 are much worse

Sudanese refugee scene? I don't recall.
It was a great season though.

There's a scene midway through the series where the sheriff adopts a Sudan immigrant who tells a story about how stealing from supermarkets is okay and this is America. For no reason other than "symbolism". Then the plot actually progresses, seemed like very forced screenwriter's guild bullshit.

Oh no, less room for capeshit, I'm so sorry.

>>the worst "how do we tie this all up quickly" finale I've ever seen

compared to s2 and s3, s1 had a graceful finale

I loved this season. So fuck you

season 2 was ok up until that UFO bullshit scene

Why is it so highly praised then? Apart from Lester and Lorne's scenes it just played out like someone asked the Coen's what shit they'd thrown in the trash plus some cheap heart string plays

>dullest K&P sketches

Missing the point of the character.

>one dimensional characters you sympathize with

You can sympathize with any of the characters depending on the situation at hand you twat.

>sudan refugee

It's a comparison Sup Forums, calm down.

>worst acting
Carradine, Chubbyfu, and Colin Hanks were all excellent.

>how do i tie this up quickly

Yet the next sentence you say you like the evolution of the two main characters...

>a sceme about a refugee in sudan for no goddamn reason
wrong show you moron

Care to elaborate what you thought was good about it? Why you thought the tie-in towards family values strengthened the story, it was easy to watch sure, but fuck you isn't much of an argument.

It's a poor attempt at replacating the "universe is random and chaotic" motifs in Coen Bros films, like the Mike Yaganita scene in Fargo, which also foreshadows the randomness of Lester meeting Malvo again. I agree with all of your criticism, it's massively overrated besides Malvol's deliciously cartoonish adventures and just feels like a cheap TV copy of the Coens without really understanding or capturing what makes their works so good. Haven't bothered with season 2 and Sup Forums has shit taste as usual.

didn't watch the show obviously

Sure, sure, name Sup Forums but you have to admit it was completely in the wrong direction of where the story was going, all it implied was "sometimes you have to steal to live" and "freedom", when you compare that to Malvo and Lester which the show was about, how on earth does that resonate.

Yeah, I didn't believe any of what happen in the finale was consistent either, except for perhaps an inexperienced Lester carelessly wandering into thin ice
Can't see why people who've seen the film would give it a 9 of all things on IMDb.

Colin Hanks was excellent, if by excellent, you mean completely fictional.

it's about how the sheriff found him again when he least expected it or something

>You can sympathize with any of the characters depending on the situation at hand you twat.

Fargo is nearly as forced as the fucking US Office and you know it. There's a reason Molly Solverson has barely any backstory that's critical, she's a mary sue.

Is this foreshadowing Lester meeting Malvo then?
Apart from showing the "benefits" of coincidence, it was fairly useless apart from context for why Odenkirk had to step down as police chief, a la, second-rate Tommy Lee Jones.

both lester and malvo suffering from temporary lobotomies so they would go back to fargo for the finale is not graceful

you're wrong but I'll let you know my reply in 15 minutes ..

You're just making the same mistake as people who praise fargoTV. You're setting the bar so low it couldn't be tripped over.

More graceful than things that had less than zero grace is still not graceful.

>Malvo, one of the most intelligent hitmen gets killed by a soyboy.
>Oh by the way Peggy you're dumped
Shit, this show is the second Dexter.

Vargas is better, debate me.

I doubt he's worth watching S3 for though, not falling for that shit again.

vargas was simply a representation of the show. Choking down a great meal, a fine meal, and then leftovers, then vomiting them up as a thin colorless mess.

Him and the deaf dude reappear are though

This