We all promised we would never speak of him! Not ever

>We all promised we would never speak of him! Not ever.

What was this meant to imply? That the live action movies were canon?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/FBbw1--WEsU
adelightfultedium.tumblr.com/post/80217311385/by-request-of-monzo-mystery-incorporated
youtube.com/watch?v=NWkVgHzr6tA
youtu.be/b6ubNqkhfVU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Before Scrappy was shown, Flim Flam the Spic was displayed.
Both characters are loathed

Yeah, but I meant in regards to the context of the show. Fred and Daphne never really seemed to hate Scrappy.

Why did they hate Flim Flam? I don't remember him being that bad.

I never found Scrappy annoying tbqh

Scrappy is Sup Forums's Navi from OOT. An unfunny, unrelatable gag normies clung onto and spammed ad nauseum.

>25 years for being a con artist

What the shit? I just thought Flim-Flam was annoying, that is fucking messed up.

High pitched voice and him being a thief

It's gotten to the point where I want someone to redeem Scrappy.
The jokes have gotten tired, I feel sorry for him.

Am I the only person who never hated Scrappy? I don't know if it's because 13 Ghosts and Ghoul School are my favourite versions or what, but the first time I realised how hated he was, was the live action movie.

Hating Scrappy is a normie meme that's everything there's to it really.

Scrappy, despite saving the franchise, retroactively became hated by fans because he became popular. It's the epitome of contrarianism.

Flim Flam was latino?

I always thought he was Chinese and his name made fun of that

I liked Scrappy.

This. Hating Scrappy is the same as hating on Aquaman. Only normies do it because someone they brainlessly follow made fun of them.

Scrappy happened because they attempted to inject life into a dying series.
It worked, but everyone knew the result was an undead abomination

The first live action movie was... not that great. It didn't help he took a kind of bizarro role in it, turning into a monstrous abomination set on killing scooby, which could leave a bad flavour in the mouth. He was annoying, but not evil as shit. Leave that for the DC comics No, I'm serious, that actually happens in the DC Scooby Doo comics. It works admittedly but still .

I liked the second movie more, I thought it was great. Admittedly the voice acting for Scooby and the guy who played Shaggy were spot on, and the references to the tv series were much better (monsters unleashed had a pretty damn good choice of villains, aside from the ghoul).

That being said, Scrappy was great in the movies. He fit into 13 ghosts, and the christmas one, and ghoul school. From a logistics standpoint, you could possibly work him as a villain. It was only in the series he became mildly irritating when the tool meant to liven up the show became the most predictable thing about it as writing improved.

I really hate that they're treating Scrappy like Jar Jar. Scrappy was cool and inoffensive.

More importantly, what did his role mean in the context of the Nibiru prophecy?

>What was this meant to imply?
Nothing, it was a joke.

Presumably he was descended from the Annunaki like Scooby and the other mascot animals.

And since the animals are always the first ones to be corrupted, maybe he went evil like Professor Pericles

They should make him the head of an elite, rival mystery solving team of bizarros

For some reason I thought Flim Flam was native.

I always agreed with scrappy's attitude more than the rest of the gang. If they just bum rushed the villains at
the start of every episode rather than repeat the same process of investigation they would have found some old man of woman in a suit anyway.

They did toy around with a parallel dimension version at some point.

>that daphne

That Slytherin colour scheme on Daphne is sexy.

If they did this it would be funny if evil Shag and Scoob weren't big eaters. Like he just ate plain dry white toast all the time.

>>that daphne
>dat velma

Mmmmnf. I mean I could do without the stupid white skunk stripe but other than that, velma's still top tier waifu material.

Why is Gwen Stacy part of the parallel Mystery Inc?

Seen as it was mentioned hes in jail, yes it canonized that movie so scrappy is a villain.
You are welcome.

They hated him because he become a criminal.

If it wasn't for Scrappy the franchise would probably be long dead by this point, and if it wasn't for Scooby Doo being alive thanks to Scrappy a lot of other HB shows might be dead or not even exist in the first place either.

>that Shaggy design
THAT'S LITERALLY JUST HP LOVECRAFT.

WHY DID THIS NEVER HAPPEN??????

>I have a small white penis

Fixed.

No, Scrappy was annoying
People actually watched Scooby Doo, so they had an opinion
Nobody read comics or saw anything aquaman related other than the superfriends cartoon, or really Family Guy and any parody show

I want a scooby doo multiverse show.

>We might never have another Sooby-Doo show that is as bat shit insane as Mystery Inc. was

Why live, right? I bet the next one will be a shit toy sale commercial again.

HP Lovecraft already had a proxy in the show.

The next one IIRC was the one by Seth MacFarlane and for all its worth, it wasn't a bad adaptation, it just had to follow one of the best Scooby Doo adaptations of all time.

Ogod i forgot about that one, im pirty sure it was cancelled. What was it called again?

>by Seth MacFarlane

No, not him. But it was by someone that worked on his shows, I think the guy also did Bricklebarry which is the same kind of garbage as Seth's shit.

I think it was "Scooby Doo, get a clue" or something like that.
Really, I could've sworn he did the art or something...does Seth do art, now that I think about it? It's certainly a style I see across all his shows.

Seth used to do art but then got cheaper people to do the art for him so all he has to do is voices and collect checks on his shows. Obviously he got these cheap people to draw in his style. it was one of these people that went off to do Bricklebarry and then that Scooby Doo show.

You joke, but Alice May was literally Gwen Stacy.

>Comparing that bitch Scrappy to the king of the fucking sea
I know Sup Forums likes to be contrarian but come on!

The showrunners and writers for Mystery Inc. are working on pic related. They promised that the new season coming up could be compared to MI in terms of how batshit crazy it'll get.

Evil Daphne looks like a Xiaolin Showdown character

U N F

Will he make a comeback???

>three foot tall wetback trying to jump on the muhdick bandwagon

Doubtful, since the movie had supernatural stuff, and the MI has the gang ignorant of actual paranormal stuff until the endgame when shit starts getting difficult to handwave with "jetpacks and tesla coils".

Odds are, Scrappy was miserable to be around like in the movie and thusly loathed by the gang that they choose not to speak about him, while similarly keeping mum about Flim-Flam who's serving time for some scheme gone awry.

Here is something to make you feel better
youtu.be/FBbw1--WEsU

Scrappy actually got some character development. Went from an annoying thing who rushed into shit head on, to a fairly competent detective that almost rivaled Velma.

I just had a dream about Scrappy the other night. He had a realization about who much of a tool he was. It was beautiful.

>You were Scrappy all along

Build the wall Paco

Scrappy was obviously the host of that tentacle beast at the end of the shoe

>The statement was for Flim Flam

>25 years in jail for being a con artist

>>>>Con artist

>Because he was the main character of the 13 ghost movie that nobody liked

This is a universal BTFO, holy shit

Apparently Flim Flam got arrested.

Scrappy is left vague for comedic effect.

>He's buds with Eustace

No seriously what the fuck were they thinking with the first Life Action Movie Monster Scrappy Boogaloo

It's a double joke for Flim Flam who was arrested for being a Con Artist

And the fact that the scooby doo team in general admits that's Scrappy was a shitty addition

Even they fucking admit it

Holy shit

Because creators fell for the meme.
Scrappy was fun.

>Because he was the main character of the 13 ghost movie that nobody liked

The producers must've liked it enough if they added Vincent van Ghoul to their show

They made Scrappy a better detective in the late shows, he was actually tolerable

However the negative reception was already growing which forced the show into hiatus until they came back without him

>How do we make this movie memorable in any way aside from it being live action?
>Let's make the big twist that the villain is that bitch everyone already loves to hate!
It did finally get rid of the little prick. Not that scooby doo hasn't been dead since the 90s until Mystery Inc

What's this now?

...Where did you get this?

Nah, you're just a contrarian moron. But hey, you know what else normies do? Breathing. You should stop doing it in response to them

Nope. You have a terrible definition of fun.

DJW's tumblr

adelightfultedium.tumblr.com/post/80217311385/by-request-of-monzo-mystery-incorporated

It's basically a what if" based off the concept of Shattered Glass. Shattered Glass was an arc in Transformer Animated they wanted to do, but couldn't due to no new season. DJW worked on that show.

YOU WON'T USE YOUR MIND POWERS ON ME ANYMORE, SCOOBERT!

Nah chill, What's New Scooby Doo was decent

So we getting any new Scooby Doo movies any time soon?

Last great one I remember was Stage Freight
The 5 twist was holy shit

I never hated Scrappy back when I watched 12 Ghosts, but I was the age group they were aiming for. I still pretend I always hated him.

Oh shit!

Bonus points for the not so subtle dig at Harlan Ellison.

I mean him being in jail doesn't mean the movies are canonized for Mystery Inc as in MI they are in high school but in the movies they are adults and haven't seen each other in a long time at the start.

Aside from that people are looking too deeply into a passive joke.

The Flim Flam and Scrappy comments were two separate comments. Also plenty of people like 13 Ghosts(and it was a tv series not a movie)

What the fuck was up with the blinking sound effect on Dexter?

I miss cartoon network.

>dead since the 90's

Zombie Island brought the direct-to movies back into the picture, and they still go today. What's New was also pretty damn popular. Not to mention the first live action movie bringing eyes.

That stupid Scooby/Shaggy only spin off with the terrible art style dealt a huge blow to the franchise.

Fred in a beard and mustache combo. Pfft that can easily be Fred's evil twin. I wonder of he likes traps? Or maybe he likes nets?

>Quick scooby make like a 3million year old watch dog

I swore he had down syndrome.

The artstyle wasn't even the worst of it. Don't watch this if you like not having your ears bleed.
youtube.com/watch?v=NWkVgHzr6tA

He likes bimbos

Shaggy and Scooby Do Get a Clue was a seperate series in which Shaggy and Scooby become superspies/superheroes.

im so confused whats going in what is the OP referencing?

youtu.be/b6ubNqkhfVU

thats it? oh, weird.

how is this show? wikipedia seems to have a high opinion of it.

seems kinda like what people say riverdale is like. tongue in cheek but keeping its over arch and characters serious?

Mystery Inc is literally the best incarnation of the series

im reading up on it. the whole annunaki thing kinda threw me, but if played right could be interesting.

any other shows you could say its similar to in terms of tone? how is the finale?

is character development taken seriously? and if so, what show would you compare its character development too?

>"Alright gang, let's split up and look for Jews!"

The show starts going retarded territory but the characters calling bullshit makes it better

Character development is great but I'm not sure what to compare it to

There's an episode where a case happens at a Mini golf tournament that shaggy used to champion in, the dude was super serious about it because a tournament was going on and leading the majority of the case while Velma and Scooby are being pussies together

i see. doesn't seem like my kinda show in that description.

>Both characters are loathed
why?
they where very liked when I was a kid. Perhaps the latin america dub did a better job than the eng one?

Not the other user but you really can't describe the Mystery Inc. experience in words. Just go and give it a shot. At worst you waste 30 minutes to an hour of your time.