T R Y

T R Y

Other urls found in this thread:

polygon.com/tv/2017/2/9/14560830/samurai-jack-preview-season-5
youtube.com/watch?v=U73ONsa4h6U
youtube.com/watch?v=glw3rOxhyjo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

sorry OP, Sup Forums doesn't like talking about good cartoons. Gotta go somewhere else for that.

I thought my thread killed over, as soon as it posted it said pruned/deleted and there's no image on my end. You see it?

Guess I didn't t r y hard enough

i'm not too fresh on symbionic but i think this was my favorite episode

SHAKE IT, SHAKE IT, BOOTY QUAKE IT!

how were live threads for this show in 2010? good?

If Samurai Jack is successful, what do you think the odds are that CN or [as] will try to buy back the rights to this?

Nill? If anything they'll get Genndy to make a new project. Then maybe they'll consider it if for some reason Symbionic starts to get more attention.

I'd hope AS wouldn't pick it up, I'd rather it go back to CN for multiple reasons.

On CN it goes back to creatively having to use their limitations as a kid series to their advantage, like early RS.

Also CN desperately needs a visual marvel, something to show the future of CN isn't one style, one line of humor, and one line of plot focus.

The issue here is if the networks would even be able to afford the show's original budget. If they can't do that I wouldn't want it to return. Cartoons now have a jerky as fuck rate, worse than Sym's 2D animation in it's airings.

If AS was the only one to budget-accept it, I'd put aside my petty notion and begrudgingly accept it getting more mature, just hoping it doesn't loose itself in the new found territory of cussing, blood showing, and more lewdness.

And when it was rerunning on toonami.

What ep?

Episode 15, "Disenfranchised".

I see, thanks for the look into the past.

>and more lewdness
Aside from there was another time with Kimmy where her pants were low and you could almost see her vagina, or hair maybe. The area was defined and the pants were a pixel away from being too low

Genndy said their budget was average, about as much as a Spongebob ep, and they just had a good-ass crew

Well damn

There's still no chance of a good crew like that doing a cartoon again, or being interested/not busy with something else.

Most crews now are basic as fuck and cartoons are so bottom of the barrel in this time, even long running shows known for decent effort died before they seemed to be expected, usually by their good crew leaving

>There's still no chance of a good crew like that doing a cartoon again
New Jack?

I'm sure if Genndy was revving up a new series after that people would be jumping at the chance and he'd be able to wrangle up a good team.

>both he and lance saw llana naked in the frog episode
lucky fucking guys

>If Samurai Jack is successful
Another mini-season wrap up

are YOU alright?

If Jack becomes such a run away hit that they start begging for Genndy to come back to CN full time I hope he makes it a condition that they have to let him finish SBT.

I haven't seen him mention Titan as much as Jack, are you sure he wants to continue still?

I heard Sym-Titan has legal issues so its not that easy to pick it up and make new episodes

I honestly don't know. But I really want it to be continued. One of the most heart-breaking cliffhanger cancellations I've ever seen.
That's just tax law: where there's more loopholes than laws. You could probably continue the show but just give it a new title if you wrote off the original.

>that episode where Ilana gets transformed and becomes a mind controlled slave.

Thanks for the fetishes Genndy.

I just wish she wasn't transformed

Nice fucking job then, and they weren't paid much extra than normal

At least we got to know Octus gets fixed, but it still seemed like G3 didn't fix him, since Solomon didn't even realize it. Did the scientist just not tell him yet?

Only cliffhanger is that we still don't know what happens with their home planet, but I'm alright with that cancellation-wise, because it was more of a secondary story, while Earth plots took focus.

If it had been the real ending and they purposefully didn't answer what would happen I'd have been pissed though, but the stretched-out arc of what was happening at home being the only unresolved thing was lucky, it could've been worse, like everyone being stuck in a near-death position.

The series finale aired at 9:30 am, that's some dumb shit.

CN needs to stop fucking around.

I really hope he is interested in finishing it. Id even accept a comic book just give me so closure. I haven't been hit by a unfinished cartoon this bad since Pirates of Darkwater.

The producers ended up going their separate ways because they lost interest.

If Genndy pushes for it, he may get it.

What are the chances of ST getting a new series like Samurai Jack does? Can Gendy sell his soul twice to the devil?

I actually hope Genndy stays with [as].
CN's "hello, fellow kids" state is fucking unbearable as of now.
It's astonishing that [as] somehow manages to not get dragged down along it.
Also Genndy seems like someone, who knows where the line is. Creative freedom or not.

sure

Too bad Valve can't get their shit together and release a cartoon on time.
And since they fired the entire SFM team, there's another thing that went into my "never ever" list.

If he renames the show, it could happen. As it is, the show can't return to CN, and I think it can't go to any other network, not even AS which is technically treated as a separate channel from CN.

However, a new season under a new name could be done for a streaming service, at least that's what some have mentioned when the topic comes up.

Solomon was too busy dealing with the battle with THE HAMMER and then the triple mutraddi threat to pay attention to the scientist, aka Lance's dad, fixing Octus.

My theory on the Galaluna plotline was was that G3 would build their own rift gate and then Titan and the whole G3 army would go to Galaluna and wreck the mutraddi. And then during the fight with Modula they reveal that the hat is a mind controlling mutraddi monster and it leaps off him and latches onto Ilana's dad and he becomes the Big Bad for season 3.

Yeah I wish Valve would stop sucking the teats of their moneymakers and actually make shit again but unfortunately that isn't good business.

Or at least not going full Zorak.

"Well that sucked."
First episode review by user, I've always remembered that.

>spoiler
how do you know?

Why do people like this show? I watched a batch of episodes and I found it painfully boring. The initial concept is interesting enough but the writing and characters were bland, boring and dull. Even Samurai Jack managed to balance comedy and serious tones. This one just stunk.

So Solomon's goal was to get Steel and Titan to work together right?

I somehow missed and ignored everything about this show because I was distracted with my first year of college at the time it came out. I would see mentions of it, a few images maybe, and scroll past Sup Forums threads now and then long after it was over. I still knew nothing about it.

The name came up recently and I had time to kill so I checked it out. Holy shit this show was good. Why don't you idiots talk about this show more? Why aren't there more screencaps and shit?

This but High School back then and I have faint memories of seeing it on TV.

Lance's dad "died" testing the rift gate. As far as we've seen the rift gate only goes from Galaluna to Earth.
G3 soldiers somehow know Galaluna martial arts. G3 also uses Galaluna tech to the point that Octus has the codes to shut down their shit in his programming for some reason.
And then there is the fact that the guy could fix Octus at all. No one else could get any response from the dead Octus, and this guy walks in presses two buttons and can view all of Octus's memories. He then proceeds to not only fix, but upgrade Octus.
And finally, on a meta level, Genndy has said that season two would have "revealed Lance's father". So, it is not confirmed but all the clues seem to point to it.

I see, thanks, makes sense.

I figured that stuff was going somewhere, about them having Galalunian knowledge.

I didn't even have a tv in my dorm so I never even got that. I didn't even catch a hint of it existing until years after it was over.

>they fired the entire SFM team
Seriously? Goddamn, when did that happen?

post yfw

So we can all agree that Modula was being controlled by his hat, right?

Was Titan ever included in the 20th anniversary stuff CN did, where every show was shown?

Nope, same for Megas, and that Moxy thing to a less important extent

So they just don't like giant robot cartoons then.

polygon.com/tv/2017/2/9/14560830/samurai-jack-preview-season-5
>If someone offered me money to finish up Titan, I'd do it. We had a John Hughes-type teenage comedy with action and it was ... When you have babies, sometimes they grow up and have a life of their own and sometimes they don't find their footing. Jack grew up and moved on, and he needed an ending. I think my movie for Titan would be like ... what was the name of it? Pacific Rim. Like that but without all the humor removed. Sometimes things don't connect. Maybe it's the kind of stories I want to tell? I don't know.

>I
>Dig
>Giant Robots

>You
>Dig
>Giant Robots

>Chicks
>Dig
>Giant Robots

>Cartoon Network
>Doesn't dig
>Giant Robots

He said on Reddit he wrote 10 episodes for Season 2 by the time it was cancelled, if it was a movie instead we wouldn't get those stories, and besides a season, even a short one, would have more content to enjoy.

I'd push for a season over a movie

same

Ways it can come back-
Different channel
Adult Swim (?Still CN and AS is a block so maybe not)
Movie
Comics
Game somehow
on CN but under a different title (maybe)

He's said in the past that he wants to continue it after Jack; either as a series or a mini-series/movie. He's also said that if he ever becomes certain that he's never get the chance to continue it that he'd take the season 2 scripts that are already finished and either make comics out of them or just publish them.

I think Solomon's goal was just to learn about the seemingly benevolent alien visitors and protect the Earth from dangerous alien threats. I don't think he rally cared if Steel helped them or not.

That or a creature was mimicking Modula in order to get the militarist Galalunans on his side (the king seemed certain that he'd seen Modula die on Mutrad).

TO TRY AGAIN

Calling it, whoever survived on Galaluna would be brought to Earth and they'd live there, and be accepted by the Earth people after Titan's accepting arc.

What was so great about Darkwater? Genuine question

Watching this show with Sup Forums would have been a great time. I'm still a newfag.

Favorite episodes?

i am octus, the episode with lanceĀ“s life as a kid, the episode with solomon disguising himself, and the introduction of THE HAMMER

Did someone say THE HAMMER?

HAMMER TIME YEH

youtube.com/watch?v=U73ONsa4h6U
Man I love utilitarian military mechs.

What was with that camera feed thing when Solomon says he thought they could've brought back Octus? Who was he looking at? Why was it weird?

YOU CANT TOUCH THIS

He was looking at the his boss, the guy who eventually does fix Octus. Solomon apparently knew his boss had the skills to save Octus and said his line directly into the camera to try and shame the guy into getting off his ass and helping.

Shit now I remember he did have a boss, forgot about that and thought the guy was just a random scientist.

From my misunderstanding it looked like they were being evil about it, like they were wrongly informing them that they couldn't fix him, then he looked at the camera to let the scientist know they could start their own thing with Octus. I figured Octus broke free and left, or the scientist had a change of heart or something.

Glad I asked because I never would've picked up on the obvious, thanks.

Am I the only one who has confused Genndy and McCracken at least once? Thought Cracken made this.

All of SymBiotic Titan's videos on CN's youtube don't even add up to a popular Teen Titans Go video there.

Also 6 fucking years
youtube.com/watch?v=glw3rOxhyjo

>i am so tired of this art style
what does commentfag mean by that? it's the first to look like this

Hard to say since he wants more Ben 10 but aside from the CGI this has the same "animation style" as Ben, with the style design at least.

I guess he hates CGI?

Where can i watch this show?

Titan is definitely on this poster.

top right next to robin

> Lil' D from Class of 3000.

I'm surprised they included that show. I thought they were giving it the Chris Benoit treatment.

At least Titan's first episode wasn't as dreadfully boring as Jack's

>a batch of episodes
which?

Anyone see Robotmy?

I have a feeling if Season 2 existed it's opening would be the same but Octus' refection in Titan's shiny armor would be his human, Newton, form.

I'm also curious as to why his face was presented inside Symbiotic Titan's mindset area, instead of it just being his battery. Maybe that scientist upgraded him more than just in power.

post the webm

you know which one

I love awkward romance episodes, so I like Lessons in Love, and also Family Crisis.

Holyshit, I had the same reaction watching that episode.

Hard to say. I took it as him becoming more humanlike, though why it took a resurrection to take effect inside the Titan, who knows.

Though it could be a bit of both; his "evolution" and Lance's dad upgrading him for their reunion battle.

>mfw SBT exceeds SJ almost across the board but it's largely forgotten while SJ gets a final season
kill me

Man, I wish that's how Lance and Illana really looked. Aliens in disguise is very underrated

normies made jack one of those cult hit things like invader zim

Pretty sure it was the show being a huge success from the start. Hell, unlike most CN shows, it didn't stuck in the dead of morning to die all alone. Doesn't change how sudden the cancellation was, but at least it got to end more or less where people knew where to find it, timeslot-wise.

Not even Tron Uprising? Where they're finally getting a push to make a movie that has nothing to do with fucking Legacy OR Uprising? I'm still fucking pissed.