Unpopular Opinions/Coping Thread

A thread for your opinions and anger to post on.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NdrHY9zCsQk
m.youtube.com/watch?v=4aSnip7wGKo.
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't like capes in general
I tried getting into batman, but i just got the feeling that the stories were just commercials for other stories which would in turn be commercials for others, designed to pull readers into a maelstrom of consumerism

I liked most of LoK

I don't like Star Vs. I don't hate it, but the main protagonist spoils it for me, it's like they tried to make her super appealing to the audience without any unlikable traits. She is like Mable, but worse, far worse...

I don't see how progressiveness is an issue in cartoons. Oh no, children know that homosexuals exist, how fucking horrifying.

This.
And people are really overestimating how much of an effect these cartoons will have on a child in the long-term.
Most of them don't even know the difference between a boy and a girl, let alone the difference between a boy, girl and Apache helicopterkin

I hate how recently more threads have dissolved into Sup Forums vs. Tumblr

The new danny annotucci short is severely severely disappointing and based on the same old tropes that were sick and tired in the 60's. Buttons and Mindy and some trippy scenes isn't enough to carry a show. I loved Ed, Edd, and Eddy but I will not be watching this.

youtube.com/watch?v=NdrHY9zCsQk

Sup Forums is not worth visiting anymore. I still come here out of habit but I'm weening myself off.

Sup Forums, Sup Forums, Tumblr, and Reddit should be banned.

I know right

I hate how standards have gotten so low for animation people think the new Ducktales looks great even though the only visually appealing thing are the backgrounds. Watching Donald do his irish fight stance on a modern day cheap budget looked so stiff and janky.

then who the fuck would be left?

Modern cartoon fags are the worst fucking people on this board. Almost every cartoon thread is built on the foundation of autists that only wants circlejerks with lewds and memes. Cartoons from the same damn channel can't even get along. It's more pointless than than the DC and Marvel shitflinging.

Ramos has a very expressive style. Stylized art > 'good' generic art

I don't mind the show's plot but hate the humor and how everyone talks

hahaha star is whispering for no reason so fucking funny disney

though the humor is the biggest problem with shows these days, SU's is terrible too

I think the DCEU is an abomination that needs to be killed for the good of DC, but I also seem to be among the very few that didn't like GotG much at all.

It was actually THE movie that finally made me sick of the standard MCU formula, and both Ant-Man and Dr. Strange going the same route didn't help.

FUCKING THIIIIIS!!! Why console war over different fucking shows at all?

t. SJWUniversefag
Just kidding.

This.

Oh shit, are you me? Although I enjoyed Ant-Man and I haven't seen Dr. Strange yet (which I think I'll do tonight).

Still, I greatly enjoyed Ant-Man and Civil War, I can see why people are getting tired of Marvel movies. They're pretty formulaic, somewhat shallow, and are too comedic. That said, I'd still much rather watch a Marvel movie than a DCEU movie.

Why didn't you ask this yesterday when I had an answer for this?

SOPA should have passed

>always have answers ready in my head for threads like these
>whenever anyone makes one, my mind goes blank and I can't think of anything to say
Almost every single time.

I am more excited for Umbrella Academy 3 than I have been for any other comic in years and I cannot explain why

I stopped watching MCU movies at Ultron because I don't want to give them my money to fund more of those movies

Punisher is extremely cringe inducing and anytime I see him on a list of someone's favorite characters I immediately disregard their opinion

I actually like the Jaeger designs for Pacific Rim 2, looking forward to seeing them in action

bump

speedforce is always gay

OP said unpopular.

I'm just more worried about progressiveness in comics than in cartoons really since recently we are getting a lot of retarded shit.

Gumball is the best cartoon that i have seen in years.

I wish progressive shit would fuck off out of everything, not because i don't agree with progressive ideals but most recent examples of progressiveness are fucking awful.

I kinda hate capeshit because of all espetacular battles to save the world tend to get really fucking boring after the 100000000000th time, which is why i prefer stuff like blacksad, the amazing fouls of spider man and the punisher.

I stopped watching marvel movies since it was taking he same direction as capeshit comics where shit doesn't fucking end. It is boring as hell. Also, it would have been much better if they didn't reveal that spider man would appear on the last avengers movie, that shit ruined the movie for me.

Steven Universe had a lot of potential but i honestly think the shows sucks.

This one might be unpopular but i would rather have one thread of each show at a time, having multiple threads is fucking dumb.

Hitch's JL is one of the best books of Rebirth

Nick Spencer does not know what the hell he's doing building a story and relate able characters. When he does write relateable characters it's a fluke.

Grant Morrison's dialog is boring.

Alan Moore is right, killing joke is a pretty bad story and it hasn't aged well.

Tom King is a good writer.

Green lantern can never be made into a cool movie like Guardians of the galaxy, the CG costs to make aliens look good is too expensive, plus it's too silly.

Superdad is the best iteration of superman

Jason Aaron's femThor is a solid 7/10 and one of the better comics running in Marvel.

The Raven drawfag is rather mediocre, decent at best, but now we have constant threads circlejerking the guy and I just don't get it

Cartoons of today are no worst than cartoons of the past. It's just easier to tell which ones are shit when you're older. Just sit down and really watch the cartoons of your childhood and you'll see a good amount of them were terrible.

The word "capeshit" is one of the most annoying things about this board.

It's crazy that people still put The Dark Knight on pedestal and don't see how much of a cheesefest it is. Nolan's dialogue being wooden and amateurish and how serious and "epic" the tone is only contribute to cheesiness.
>inb4 unpopular
There's been lots of TDK dicksucking lately.

I would like to know why some Anons consider /ctg/ shit and/or cancerous. I think itsa great, comfy little lunchtable in the high school cafeteria that is Sup Forums.

I hate relationship episodes. I don't care if the protag gets the girl in the end or not. Every Sup Forums relationship I've seen has felt shallow and/or forced.

I dropped Star Vs early on because I was convinced Starco would be canon. But from what I've seen we got an even WORSE outcome!

SU would be 100x better if the romantic tension got taken out.

I dropped AT when Finn lost his arm for the first time, but I wish I dropped it when Princess Bubblegum got aged back up. Who thought it would be a good idea to take the most interesting change to the series at the time, and have it reversed in the next fucking episode? If only I could've known that would become the show's standard.

Alien Force was my favorite Ben 10 series. I also didn't mind Omniverse. But that artstyle made my eyes bleed.

I don't think anyone hates minority characters simply because they're minority. What I think people hate is when the character's only purpose is to knock down 1-dimensional bigoted strawmen. It's okay in a Saturday morning PSA-type thing about being tolerant, but it's patronizing if the Sup Forumsntent is targeted towards anyone who isn't still in grade school.

>worst
"worse", user. You're right, though.

>Unpopular Opinions thread
>Posts one of the least controversial and popular opinions not only on Sup Forums but entire fucking internet
Upboated

I REALLY dislike the sudden trend of political correctness in comics and cartoons these days.
Stop turning white characters black/muslim/asian
Stop making canon straight characters come out of the closet as gay or trans or whatever.
Stop making beautiful white female characters be romantically involved with some big black ape. We all know that the only reason you're doing it is because of a sick fetish you hold, not because you are progressive.

CAPESHIT
CAPESHIT
CAPETY-CAPES CAPESHIT

Kill yourself.

I really loved Kubo's story. A lot of people have problems with the third act and the final climax but I personally felt that the fate of the moon king was particularly fitting. Instead I have problems with how suddenly monkey and beetle fell in love with each other, only to be revealed to be kubo's real parents. Also of course the animation was gorgeous, but that's not an unpopular opinion.

I think political correctness was way worse in early 00's than it is now.
Also, I get more tired of people that complain about SJW than the SJW itself.

Animation hasn't really gotten worse, unless maybe there's been a steady decline since the 20's. Either way, 90's fags are retarded. The date people say "animation died" moves later and later each year. In a decade, people will bitch about how there are "no good" cartoons like Adventure Time and Regular Show.

Sup Forums needs a sticky. I know we've tried it in the past for only like a month and it always goes to shit because of the everlasting Sup Forums debate. (I stand on the Sup Forums origins = Sup Forumssher side)

>implying that's a popular opinion
Get fag shit out of toons. Abberations should be accepted as the tragedy they are not normalised as prospective life choices.

I prefer the name Shazam over Captain Marvel, and Billy should have had the new god pantheon longer
I liked New 52 Flash (until Manapul left)
I think Bill Willinghams FABLES is great (though no reason to read after Adversary is defeated)
I thought Azz's Wonder Woman was fine for what it was

Regular Show didn't deserve to have Mordecai end with anyone, he should be alone but happy

or better, alone and sad

Same with 'kino'. Makes me fucking cringe. It's a shame that there's so many Sup Forums crossposters on here due to them spending their every waking moment bitching about or over-hyping the DCEU, take your faggotry back to that hellhole and stay there.

I gotta ask, why?

>it's a popular opinion to dislike Ramos

Whaaaaaaaaat
But he's fucking great and he's half the reason why Impulse was such a good series, dude's art has charm

Carol's evolution from often forgotten C-Lister to Marvel frontliner has been pretty natural. she's in no way a forced push compared to the likes of Miles Morales. it's made worse by how much of the bitching comes from people who base their opinion entirely on a skim reading of KSD's run, one intern-written solicit, and the inane blogging of fourteen year olds on tumblr

What would make it worth visiting?

Loud House sucks and this is the only good character besides the dad

Squirrel girl is the 3rd best marvel book behind U.S. Avengers and Power Man and Iron Fist

New Avengers by Killen and McKelvie is good if not for McKelvie's art alone

(not sure if unpopular but) DC Rebirth has such garbage art on all of its double shipped titles (except for Batman).

>not sure if unpopular but) DC Rebirth has such garbage art on all of its double shipped titles
I tried reading Superman Rebirth and fuck, it's not easy sometimes.

>censors nipple because blue board
>vagina is clearly visible

The greatest offender is Green Lantern. I think it's a good book but that art can be absolutely heinous when Sandoval isn't drawing it. It's just like boring as fuck house style shit when the main artists aren't on the books.

>being underaged

Bambi is the best Disney movie.

I don't think this opinion is controversial, but I don't really know anybody who shares it other than maybe Hayao Miyazaki and Walt Disney himself. So it literally is an unpopular opinion.

I can't tell who's who in this whole fight scene

Woops, I'm retarded. It was Osamu Tezuka who liked Bambi. To be fair, early Disney was also an inspiration for Miyazaki as well.

i support piracy for poor-fags

i always, even as a kid, thought of batman, joker, and alfred as asexuals more or less. didnt even know it was actually a thing

lots of heroes are just "literally X but Y"

i couldn't really get into ksbd

homestuck and SU get a lot more hate than they deserve. its as autistic as the fandoms even

fan-created things are cool. love that shit. animations, songs, art, MEPs, cosplay.

/hyw/ should merge with /woya/ as the latter keeps dying early

Sup Forums is so uppity about MUH SJW that they forget they're actual issues/topics are fine as long as its not hamfisted into the story

hating a media for its fandom is retarded

i both envy and am inspired by how easy it is for shitty people to get rich from fans

creators dont get the credit they deserve. illustrators outta get way more respect than they have now

id like kids stuff to try and take on "darker" themes some more. like maybe MC has a friend with DID or an alcoholic dad. doesnt need to be drama, not even the main focus. just in the background would be cool even better if they add to the story when you think about it. DEEPEST LORE

its disgusting when writers write EVERY kid like they're retarded when they're fucking middle aged men since 13 and doing drugs

Sup Forums has good taste but not when it comes to waifus. also on that note watching a show just for them is a waste of time

itd be cool if Sup Forums had a secretsanta like other boards especially since Sup Forums's got banned

live-action shows usually suck moldy ass.

>Jason Aaron's femThor is a solid 7/10 and one of the better comics running in Marvel.
Agreed, a few bad scenes/writing issues but overall it is absolutely a good book.

The mods and janitors for media boards, including Sup Forums, are seriously out of line. It almost frightening how open they are with their strict moderation and biases towards certain topics.

You mean Action Comics right?
Because Superdad's art is fucking fantastic.

We need to get rid of g15 but ban horse show topics on Sup Forums.

Is Wonder Woman double shipping?
Because Liam Sharp is phenomenal & Nicola Scott is great.

For all the faggotry on Sup Forums they can at least have fun. Sup Forums the musical and other side projects are generally enjoyable to be a part of.

Sup Forums projects are cancer or don't realize that you can include your fetish without trying to hide it via progressive pandering. Sup Forums can do shit like this m.youtube.com/watch?v=4aSnip7wGKo. Sup Forums just makes coco and jerks off to SU and metacancer.

There is nothing wrong mary sue characters as long as they dont totally over power their opponents.

I don't think cape comics were ever really meant to be a decades and decades running thing.

Honestly, so many long running books have crap runs that 1/2-1/3 of them could have been excised and nothing of value would be lost.

I wouldn't really mind if DC and Marvel had actual finale issues and wrapped things up.

Meta shit is way to prevalent. It's a way for retards to think they are smart.

Quietly isn't a good artist to me and honestly most of the time it seems like his paneling is more shit than anything else. we3 was crap, too. I work at an animal shelter and it tries way to hard to draw pathos out of you.

X-men work better when it's minorties beating up a Jew rather than we wuz an allegory for MLK and shit. They need to stop jerking that off and just go for how it feels to be a teenager and different. Or focus on how the X-Men are trying to fight mutants being used to be gov't supersoldiers more.

Superman and Captain America have always been uninteresting propaganda tools and I say this as a conservative who has had multiple family members serve in almost every past American war.

Daredevil doesn't interest me because they never go into the legal system enough and the Catholic shit is surface level and only for the looks.

I'd like to see more Hindi girls in comics and them to stop treating their religion like a mythology. I believe in something else, but it's insensitive honestly. Muslims are shit tier.

>I think the DCEU is an abomination that needs to be killed for the good of DC

I thought we were doing unpopular opinions.

These are good opinions, user

>Gumball squanders its potential by focusing too heavily on the family. The family can fuck right off and the show would improve.
>this entire board is heavily influenced by Steven Universe. It's a damn tumor and it is killing this board.
>many cartoons ruin themselves by lasting too long. Adventure Time, Regular Show, The Simpsons, South Park, and even Family Guy suffers from this. No matter how great the beginning was, the downfall lasted much longer. You can't call them good cartoons when they were more shit than good.
>singing in cartoons is cringe worthy material eighty percent of the time. Especially when actual kids sing.
>there is absolutely no incentive to buy trades, omnibus, or Absolute books when the stories are continuing. If I keep reading Rebirth Green Lantern stories, I guarantee that I will eventually see flashbacks of Sinestro Corps War and Blackest Night and get the gist of it what happened. I don't want to spend money on 250 pages of material and see it get condense into 5 pages later on.
>Sinestro died a while back in Rebirth, but how long will it take until he comes back? It's fucking DBZ tier shit with these characters most of the time.
>digital comics are stupid as hell. If you are going to make a damn digital comic, make it like the Team Fortress 2 comics.
>if you think all comics are capes, you can fuck right off this board.
>Sup Forums cartoon fags start way more stupid shit than any other group of anons on this board. Sup Forums may have six fucking threads a day for a new movie for month, but at least they aren't jacking off all damn day in their dedicated generals for their blob waifus for six months in a row.
>that still does not excuse the Sup Forums shitposters. Comics fags are also not excused for their wars.
>if you think that the past of this board has any major significance for what is happening right now, it fucking doesn't. The Sup Forums is love meme has been stupid since its conception and has never had any true meaning.

>digital comics are stupid as hell. If you are going to make a damn digital comic, make it like the Team Fortress 2 comics.
Could you elaborate on that?

>Meta shit is way to prevalent.
where? I love metashit but we only get like two meta books a year
and I can't even remember the last meta cartoon to come out that wasn't just occasional 4th wall gags

Hating something because of it's annoying fandom is stupid and shallow. So I feel like an ass when I do it anyway.

Act 1 of Homestuck is mind-numbingly boring. I can't believe some people with the comic had stayed like this.

Despite everything, I'm still exited for Hiveswap.

Steven Universe has a ton of problems, but in a decade I think most will remember it fondly.

Jessica Jones was the best Marvel-Netflix show, even if the Simpson subplot was poorly handled.

AT:LA's ending is a cop-out. And everyone fucking knows it.

It's interactive. You just click and panels and text bubbles pop up. It's the perfect way to pace a comic story.

I don't like how people aren't in love with Trump

Both Marvel and DC should focus on short 6-12 issue runs that tell a direct story on characters other than pillar of the company types like Batman and Spider-man.

Id rather read a short good well written book with good art than an ongoing that changes writer and artist and has to tie into events for characters that major names.

>>singing in cartoons is cringe worthy material eighty percent of the time. Especially when actual kids sing.

Singing in any series is this i have never gotten the boner for Musical episodes they are always just annoying and cringey.

While Trump isn't as objectively bad as previous presidents (dumb travel ban that failed anyway and saying rude stuff > actually bombing innocent brown people and starting unnecessary wars for oil) he still is a dumb imbecile and I think less of people that genuinely like him and didn't just vote him because he was better than Hillary.

He isn't bad at all. Don't listen to the corporate media.

Goddamit man, bait doesn't get any more obvious than this.

WHAT MADE U THINK TAKING IT WAS A GOOD IDEA?

I'm not arguing one way or the other, but sexual shit starts at an early age......

Tons of people have fetishes that started in childhood before they could even technically have sex or knew what it meant

I mean /pol and stuff but go away, really

This fucking board is for comics and cartoons

Rebirth is really boring and DC's best stuff right now is from their various imprints.

Live action threads should be banned as even when they're not bait they almost inevitably devolve into shitposting

Yea, if you aren't going to make a print version of your comic, why not take advantage of the things computers will let you do (Like animations, panel transitons, sound effects) and I know there are progarms made that add this stuff with little effort and coding. It's honestly baffling I don't see more like it, but 2/3rds of most web-comic artist are lazy and seems to lack imagination

I would prefer if the big companies just put out a few graphic novels a year and drop floppies all together.

Star Vs. is honestly better than SU in terms of plot progression, handling character devlopment and actually having people on the team that can actually draw characters and not blobby mess of them

This

I hate lewds, I hate waifus, and I hate hips.

I fucking love porn, and there are many boards for it, but arguing the quality of something because it makes your dick hard is completely inane. Jesus fucking Christ I hate wakfu most for this, it's not fucking animated well, the colors, story, and characters are proper shit, but because the artist decided to make the hips a bit wider and sway them a bit you all fucking praise it like it's the highest point of animation.

>cartoon shit
Adult cartoons are usually far more childish than ones actually for kids

Every western Transformers show has been acceptable - great aside from Beast Machines, which was the only true abortion and I don't get why fans have actual hate for any other show

Spongeautist was never funny

Most classic Nicktoons weren't that great, not awful or anything but also not all that impressive, aside from Hey Arnold

Teen Titans was an okay show but highly overrated because of it's appeal to anime fans who don't like anything else

Samurai Jack was a fine show, but as action shows go really failed to have compelling action visually, somehow it managed to make fighting boring

MLP:FIM is still the best cartoon of the modern era

Mable didn't bother me at all, namely because I don't look to pre teen/tween girls to be examples of great or intelligent people

>comic shit
There is absolutely no reason why you can't like Batman and Superman, Wolverine and Cyclops, Marvel and DC, etc etc

Cyclops is and always has been an uncharismatic shit

Gwen has always been hotter than MJ

The Joker is a great villain who deserves popularity, it's just the way some people execute using him that's the problem

Moralfags who can't accept different types of characters with different moral compasses are some of the most annoying fans out there who seem to really be over attached to the idea of capeshit characters being their literal replacement in life for Jesus, which is disturbing

It is possible to like Marvel Studios films without acting like a koolaid drinking sycophant

It is possible to like DC films without being an overly defensive freak

MOST people who scream "waypool" every single time Deadpool makes a joke, breaks the fourth wall, or uses a pop cultural reference seem to be extremely uninformed and likely never even read Kelly's Deadpool in the first place

Of course. Cartoons are just huge merchandise advertisements. Why do you think animes produce all those cumdump action figures?

Maybe it is a popular opinion, but it sure as fuck doesn't feel like one when browsing Sup Forums

>Squirrel girl

Jessica Jones is an inexcusably bad piece of shit with zero redeeming qualities. It's amazing how low standards for television are when trash like that gets any praise.

EE&E was nothing special, gross out humor and lolrandumb humor for the most part

Kanye isn't the best artist of all time. Hes okay and music is subjective.

His clothing line is objectively overpriced and you are an idiot for buying into it.