Who would you have him be in a crossover comic with?

Who would you have him be in a crossover comic with?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uMuzyq5C4pY
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/splatstick
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ghost Rider

His older self

Hellblazer

Elsa Bloodstone. It's a romance comic.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but n I thing is happening!

I'll get right on it user, as soon as Marvel hires me.... Get some coffee, this might take a while.

Team up with the Dirty Pair to take on Evil Dead Aliens and Predators.

Witnessed
I would enjoy this as well

Hellboy. Writes itself really.

WHO DO YOU FUCKING THINK

Indiana Jones

>I'll get right on it user, as soon as Marvel hires me.... Get some coffee, this might take a while.

Hello user, I am from Marvel and we would like you to write this comic.

However, we have decided that Elsa Bloodstone will now be getting an all-new, all-different look.

She will be a large African-American Woman who ends every sentence with 'mmmhmmm'. Please see the attached image for the look we are going for.

Please respond with your acceptance so we may start this collaboration. We would like you to collaborate with our new star writer Gabby Rivera on this project.

P.S.
By accepting this offer you agree to shill Marvel comics at all opportunities and never touch the filth that is DC comics.

I'm cheating because he works with nearly everything, but Hellboy would be a pretty cool cross over.

John Constantine

>Marvel allowing a straight relationship in 2017.

Ghost Rider, Spawn, Castlevania, Vampire Hunter D, and

oh baby

Scooby Apocalypse would be great. Too bad it's gonna end soon and we probably won't get any specials.

Marvel zombies

I mean, obviously, right?

South Park

modern simpsons

So the Evil Dead is meant to be a comedy right?

Army of Darkness

Double trips confirm. The bantz would be amazing.

Hellboy can crossover with anyone
It's axiomatic

ED1 is more horror than comedy
It gets more comedic as time goes on.

I'd never seen any of it before and I watched the reboot first. That was straight up horror. Then I went and watched the original and it felt like a comedy. Made me wonder why the reboot wasn't a comedy too when Raimi was behind both.

>Raimi behind both
Nope
Raimi did not direct the remake

Didn't he produce it or something though? I though I read that somewhere.

Yeah, he was one of three people who produced it
But being a producer is like owning stock in a company
The power you have varies depends on how much you pay up and even then you're pretty hands off

pic related is objectively the only correct answer

THIS sumbitch

Etrigan

Duke lost his soul once Gearbox bought him.

JoJo

>ED1 is srs horror

>ED2 is comedy
>Army of Darkness continues ED2, is comedy

>ED reboot is srs horror

Generally, if you see Ash in media, assume it's from ED2/AoD line and not Evil Dead 1 or the reboot.

Didn't ED1 have tree rape?

It wasn't supposed to be tree rape, but it kind of looked like it and became the equivalent of "fan-canon" when viewers decided it was tree rape

First film was meant to be mostly serious but awkward scenes and delivery made some parts comedic.

Evil Dead 2 (objectively the best of the series) is when Raimi realized how unintentionally funny some parts is and decided to purposefully the mix the two styles of genuine horror and campy tongue in cheek writing.

Army of Darkness goes full comedy.

It's basically the film version of Saints Row franchise (or more accurately, Saints Row is the vidya version of the Evil Dead franchise)

Yes, which is horrifying.

youtube.com/watch?v=uMuzyq5C4pY

No, it's fucking tree rape

>Evil Dead 2 (objectively the best of the series)
I love you user

the thing the kind of bugs me about the the evil dead films is that they're sequels but not actually.

Evil Dead 2 is pretty much a complete imagining of the first and AoD leaves out a lot of plot points in its recap of EV2 at the start.

You also have the new soft reboot film that's actually it's own string of parallel events happening in the same universe and the tv show.

If each film and the series are their own universe then does that mean you could have a comic about four or more Ashes teaming up to kill deadites across the multiverse?

Think about it

Probably already exists
There are heaps of AoD comics
and some games, that Campbell actually voiced

The real question is: who hasn't had a crossover with him? For Anons who don't know, these are the crossovers Ash has (as of March 2017) participated in:

>Re-Animator (three times)
>Xena:Warrior Princess (three times)
>Dracula (three times)
>Freddy & Jason (twice)
>Vampirella (twice)
>Darkman
>Marvel Zombies
>Obama
>Danger Girl
>Hack/Slash

Only comic I remember that has Ash meeting another Ash, not counting shit like Bad, Evil, Deadite, etc Ash, was the Marvel Zombies crossover where he saw his Marvel Universe counterpart get killed.

The entire plot of Army of Darkness Volume 3 is Ash of Earth-818793 meeting his Rule 63 counterpart from another universe. Along the way, she meets more alternate Ashes, but there's never more than two at a time and it turned out that Rule 63 Ash was evil anyway.

>Rule 63 Ash

Ashley K. Williams for anyone wondering...

>Evil Dead 2 is pretty much a complete imagining of the first

This is just a popular misconsception. Raimi wanted to have a small recap but the studio couldn't give him the footage, so he decided to re-shoot it.
In fact, ED2 happens immediately after ED1 ends, with the evil hitting Ash and sending him through the woods.

Army of Darkness does retcon shit, but that's mostly because it was made a decade after the original one, and I guess they didn't want to have Ash as a teenager leading troops and training knights and shit.

Why does the Ash in the middle have a red gauntlet? Or is it never explained? I mean the rest have some variant of the silver knight armor one so I would assume there's a reason he stands out.

He's from another universe. It's never explained what it does or what it's purpose is, although it's implied that the Ash in this pic killed the Ash in the pic that you commented on and took it from him.

The Flintstones fighting deadites riding zombie dino steeds

Is that Ash in your pic from the alt ending of Army of Darkness?

No, this Ash returned from England and people somehow found out about the events of the cabin and just assumed he was crazy, so he was locked up in a mental asylum until a team of monster hunters busted him out. He then got sent to the doorway between Hell and the living world and that's where he's at in the pic.

I'd have it go off the alt ending of Army of Darkness where he sleeps too long. But the future he wakes up in is the the one shown in Terminator.

What Evil Dead/Army of Darkness comics are worth checking out and what should I stay away from, even if I'm a fan? All I've heard about the comics are how shit they all are.

For Dynamite's Army of Darkness: I'd recommend everything collected in the first omnibus to see if you would like it:

>Ashes 2 Ashes
>Tales of Army of Darkness (One-Shot)
>Shop 'Till You Drop Dead
>Army of Darkness vs Re-Animator
>Old School

For Dark Horse, i'd recommend the only Evil Dead comics they did:

>1992 Army of Darkness Movie Adaptation (written by Sam & Ivan Raimi and based on the original script and collected in Dynamite's first omnibus)
>2008's The Evil Dead "Reimagining" (A modern re-telling of the original Evil Dead film, told from Ash's POV and all his friends are dicks)

Space Goat's Evil Dead 2 books are definitely worth checking out, especially:
>Evil Dead 2: Beyond Dead By Dawn
>ED2: Revenge of Hitler
>ED2: Cradle of The Damned
>ED2: Dark Ones Rising

Out of all these, I definitely prefer the Evil Dead 2 comics over the Army of Darkness ones. Evil Dead 2 comics are horror with a little bit more Lovecraft-type stuff while Army of Darkness comics are gory comedy books that straight horror like the film it's based on, and Dark Horse's books just dark and grim.

>Army of Darkness comics are gory comedy books that straight horror like

*Typo, ment "Army of Darkness comics are gory comedy books, not straight horror like ED1.

And hilarious in the sequels.

Puppet Master. Bring back the puppet Ash from the tv show.

The scene at the end of ed1 where the camera pans up from leaves and runs through the house and hits ash at the end was even reshot for ed2, if. You skip everything before that shot in ed2, stop watching ed2 as soon as ash gets sucked into the portal and skip the intro to army of darkness and start at the point where ash falls out of the portal it just makes one long continuous story.

Oh SHIT yes.

>Doctor Fate has to say those words
>partway through he sneezes

[DEATHCORE INTENSIFIES]

Terminator, Robo-Cop, Constantine, Mad Max, transformers

too easy?

Noone, I don't like comic Ash. Nothing but recycled one-liners and jokes without the context that made them good in the movies.

This.

Doesn't that description match Ash's first OC love interest in the comic?

Evil Dead is what's defined as a Splatstick

>en.wiktionary.org/wiki/splatstick

The mystery Incorporated Scooby Doo gang or Dipper and Mabel from Gravity falls.

>without the context that made them good in the movies.

Yes, how can we forget such great lines that perfectly made sense in context as:

>Hello Mr. Fancy Pants.

>Groovy

>Yo! She-bitch

>Groovy

>Gimme some sugar baby

>Groovy

>Lady, you got real ugly.

>Groovy

>How about some hot coco

>Groovy

You forgot

>Groovy

Fuck, I didn't know I wanted this.

This too.

As much as I'd love to see them together, Ash would be completely out of his league around Dante. Dante's like an Ash with god-like power who gives even less fucks. I'd still love to see them interact with one another in the same room though.

I want a comic in which boundaries between the world of the living and the world of the dead are in flux, causing a lot of bad people to come back; notably, the gang once led by crime boss Top Dollar.

To help Ash fight these returned evildoers, an ally is brought forth....

bonus points if Ash's first reaction is to mistake him for a deadite and shoot him.

Oh, how silly of me. And of course.

>Groovy.

So him acting completely in character?

Who hasn't he been in a crossover comic with?

Any DC property surprisingly. Especially when you consider by technicality he crossed over with every single Marvel character during the Marvel Zombies crossover.

Evil Dead 1 is a surreal horror movie.

Evil Dead 2 is a horromedy

Army of Darkness is basically an action comedy, barely horror at all.

Evil Dead reboot is a horror movie, more in the style of the first movie but not quite as surreal.

First is a straight up horror movie with unintentional laughs

Second is a horror comedy with intentional laughs

Third is a comedy

Remake is what the first wanted to be

Sadly never going to happen

Yes.

this

randy killed him

>they kill a ton of deadites and demons
>"High five, buddy"
>their fake hands get stuck together with Gut's magnet, and they end up having to fight off even more demons while holding hands and trying to separate

You just wrote the perfect crossover for them.

>Most memorable line is describing his gun
>Nobody's said Batman yet

>Guts taking Ash's high five.

I'm imagining a short story where some villain gets his hands on the Necronomicon, opens a portal to Hell and gloats
>Now the demons of Hell shall bring forth Apocalypse!!!!
Portal opens, Doomguy steps out and shoots the guy. He salutes Ash with his chaisaw, Ash chainsaw salutes him back, Doomguy steps back into the portal to go back o killing demons.
Ash grabs the book and mentions to the girl of the hour:
>Not sure why, but that keeps happening every time they open Hell portals. I don't even put a lot of effort in stopping those guys now. It's kinda hilarious!

Just so everyone has to fight a Predator once

would the predators try to use the book to summon powerful creatures to let loose and hunt or something