/tpg/ - Twin Peaks General

So we can all agree that S3 was better than the original run?

Yes. Better than Season 1 and Fire walk with me also

What did you think I meant with the "original run"?

Where were you when David Lynch suddenly became an ambassador due to The Return's success?

We can all agree ur a faget. The Return was cool, but as everything else Lynch does it stands on its own; take your modern obsession for sorting and grading everything into self-appeasing little lists elsewhere

Eh. It was a good continuation of the main story but it was tonally and structurally too different to compare.

On one hand, I think it could have used to embrace the more quaint, human elements of the old series a bit more but on the other hand it added a new layer of depth and mystery to the series' lore and took its plot into some very unexpected directions. Especially the last third was incredibly strong.

This was the official ranking that was unanimously accepted on /tpg/ before our threads died.

FWWM > Season 3 > Season 1 > Season 2

Now I can get behind that. Though I would consider FWWM and S3 interchangable.

I'd never felt as empty as I did when the credits rolled in episode 18

Yep, I kinda missed the humanistic (idk if that's the proper word) nature of original. In S3 there were too many characters at too many places, most of them too weird to be relatable. Compared to comfy small town from S1,2 this felt terrible. I also didn't like the Las Vegas vibes from Dougie's storyline. The mountains in Twin Peaks are much more similar to where I live.

that's right, but FWWM still is best TP though

The more time that passes, the more I understand
One thing I'm really certain about now is that fake Jefferies is actually Judy

And to go a little further, what really makes me think this is the "I missed you in New York line"
Since the logical conclusion is the creature in the box was Judy, she was 100% in New York. What I'm questioning now is was she after the good Cooper or bad Cooper? Did she mistake the good Coop for bad Coop? Does she think bad Coop is actually good Coop?

I like Vegas, Dougie, his family and the quirky criminals trying to kill him just fine. I also liked the FBI subplot even though it would have been improved a lot if they had replaced Tammy with Denise.

What bothers me is that most of what actually happens in Twin Peaks feels like an afterthought. I liked how the old show got really deep into that microcosm of a small town and made it come to life. The new one has a much wider scale and plotlines all over America and it loses some of its relatability. Part of what made the town of Twin Peaks such a great setting was that it feels very familiar to anyone who ever lived in a rural town.

She might view them as two parts of the same thing, honestly. She wanted to be reunited with Bob and didn't care much for either good or evil Cooper. There's something kinda touching on this in Final Dossier, if you wanna treat it as canon.

It's pretty interesting to look at FWWM if you view it as a S3 prequel.

I can't believe we got no interaction whatsoever between Bobby and James when he was locking him up

I don't think Judy cares, I think she just wants to be reunited with Bob while Doppelcoop seems to be using Bob as a means of access to the paranormal underworld
What's more interesting to me is why Judy seemed to be speaking in Sarah Palmer's voice when the spirit inhabiting Sarah is clearly the jumping man

The Jumping Man is probably not an independent being the way Bob is but a sort of vessel for Judy to act through.

HUH WAAAAAAAAAAAA-AH-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-AAAAUGHHHH

Yeah like Mike and the arm, makes sense

Name a character with better development, I'll wait.

maybe there are some questions you don't want to see answered buddy and if you read this post you've already been trolled aha trolled by the professor himself

S1>last half of Season 2>FWWM>S3>first half of Season 2

i actually like the original run more
but i do enjoy s3

give sheryl pls

best homage of all time tbqh

I haven't watched s3 or the original in a while, might boot it up

Didn't the first OP for Stardust Crusaders do something like this?