Can we all agree that this deserved to win over Zootopia?

Can we all agree that this deserved to win over Zootopia?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VZ9UGFsWexM
youtube.com/watch?v=S-HG8IA-2TI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nah. Neither were Disney's best showing, but Zootopia actually had a narrative that wasn't a tedious, meandering plod.

Nah.
Neither of the two had a romantic subplot which was a plus but overall Zootopia managed to do a lot more than Moana who just did a Disney Princess without a guy to fawn over.

I honestly liked it more but Zootopia was pretty great to.

Moana's biggest weakness was ironically, Moana herself who was an incredibly weak character.

The visuals were far better, the story was slightly weaker, neither was really that great, and fuck you for starting a thread with "can we all agree".

Moana lacked structure. It would've been better if it opened with montage of regular maui stories and Moana eventually runs away from her island and stumbles upon him and they both go to steal tifiti heart together and embark on an amazing adventure, etc.

All the timeskips were annoying as fuck and so was the 'destined' quest

Moana was fucking boring, Zootopia deserved it

>Storyline and pacing

Zootopia's story was actually pretty good, if you discount the fact that it was Disney's fourth 'twist' villain in a row, not even counting Mother Gothel from Tangled.

Moana's story was a bit thin, pacing felt odd in places, things like the monster realm had little payoff in the end.

>Animation

Both good, but Moana's animation was more spectacular. Dat ocean.

>Music

Both shockingly weak for Disney, especially when trying to follow up from Frozen in Moana's case. I'll give Moana the upper hand here solely because it had more than one song, but it's not a soundtrack to write home about.

>Overall winner

Should have been neither one

No.

The story was plain, the environment was boring (except for the monster cave), the songs were repetitive, Maui was unlikable and ugly, Moana was plain...etc. It really felt like there were only two characters to focus on (Moana and Maui), who weren't all that engaging, with a brief focus on two other characters (Tamatoa and Moana's grandma) and nothing else really going for it.

Also too much water without enough stuff in/around it.

No, Zootopia had both the better story and characters, but Moana was still very good and had the better animation. Also Moana (the character) deserved a lot more 34 than she got because she's hot as fuck.

nope, not at all, I despise "princess" movies

I never saw Moana desu.

>neither one
Kubo looked spectacular, but that story was weak as fuck, the MC wasn't ver charismatic and the environments were as boring as Moana's.

Yes

Torrent it, it's worth a watch. And make sure to torrent a HQ rip with a high bitrate because the animation was gorgeous, and the water was pretty much flawless.

It's a shame Zootopia and Moana had to be released the same year to compete with eachother. Both are by far two of Disney's best modern animated movies

Oh, okay thank you.
What's a bitrape?

I watched moana last night.

It was boring. Everything was so damn forced and predictable that i only finished it out of pity. Story wise i honestly think it's the worst animated film i've ever seen

Kek, try harder

>Frozen had one song

the bad taste of Sup Forums never ceases to amaze me

Basically, a 2 hour film in 1080p can range in size between 2GB and 20GB. The difference is the bitrate of the encoding. 20GB is or near lossless (as good as the DVD/BR), and 2GB will show artifacts during scenes with a lot of detail and movement and will also look kinda blurry when a lot of detail is involved. When watching a slow comedy or drama, you might as well settle for the 2GB, but for stuff with action, you want more to properly enjoy it. To enjoy the detail in Moana, you should get something with at least a 5000kb/s bitrate, so 4GB+.

t. teenage ADHD sufferer

It really didn't have as much going on. The visuals were nice but ended up feeling a bit empty in comparison to Zootopia. The story also wasn't as good and the characters weren't as interesting nor did they possess as much chemistry together.

Pretty sure he meant more than one good song. Frozen's music wasn't great

He was comparing it to Zootopia fucktard

the prize should have gone with kubo,or the red turtle

How long does it take to get a legit download after the DVD comes out? It's coming out on Tuesday.

Kubo was an objectively boring story with meh characters. The only thing it had going for it was the gorgeous animation. I'm a pretty big fan of Laika, but they just do not write well.

Coming out where, Albania? It's been out for weeks. There are a lot of very high quality rips already.

Can you link me to one please?

Just watched it yesterday. It wasn't BAD, but the best part were the songs, the story alone was kinda meh. GREAT songs though.

This isn't even Kubo, you fucking casual

this

No.

They should really have some sort of technical achievement award ( like they have for VFX in live action) for modern animation because things like Good Dinosaur and Moana were ground breaking and stunning in their advancement of technology (volumetric clouds/skys/environments in GD and Dat Watta in M) while being pretty crap and solidly mediocre as films respectively.

youtube.com/watch?v=VZ9UGFsWexM

youtube.com/watch?v=S-HG8IA-2TI

>lets make the next generation all furries

vs

>lets give the next generation a brown girl fetish

Search using duckduckgo: moana 1080p sparks torrent (google hides a lot of links). If you think 5,5GB is too big for you, search the same without the "sparks" and pick what you like.

>implying the brown girl fetish is necessary
There ain't going to be anything but brown girls in NA and Europe in 50 years or so.

Yes. Zootopia was boring.
Consider the coconut!

No. Neither were great. Kubo and the two strings shits on both

Tangled was better.

Kubo was fucking garbage outside of visuals

Nah

Who cares? Nothing is ever going to beat the best 3d film in our generation.

No, I meant Zootpia had one song. Should have clarified.

I got blueballs not seeing the villans die in moana

Didn't have enough Shiny

the 3d effects were shit. I think the dollar theater jewed me out of $4

I haven't seen it, which means it bored me less than ZooTopia, which means sure why not.

Just saw it two days ago.
It was great, really. And really, REALLY nice songs.
Zootopia songs sucked balls, but Nick/Judy were much more fun and entertaining than the rock/moana.
Zootopia deserve the hype.

Even if Zootopia didn't exist, Moana wouldn't have won. It's astoundingly mediocre.

>It's astoundingly mediocre

I love this Sup Forums meme

Was Gothel even a twist? I mean she clearly was a bad guy.

>Moana's animation was more spectacular
Fur. Wet fur. Dry fur. Windy fur. Colored fur. Different kinds of fur. Fur . Fur. Fur.

He meant Zootopia.

Moana's music was superior to Frozen on nearly every objective metric
>Let it go
>vs
>I am Moana
>Shiny
>You're Welcome
>We know the way
Honestly every song in Moana was as good as Let It Go in my opinion.

I was more thinking of the fact that she played a motherly role to the heroine. So it was a twist for Rapunzel, but not so much to the audience. But yes, the neo-Disney twist villain truly got going with Turbo in Wreck-it-Ralph.

3D animators have been working with fur since forever though, it's industry standard by now. I haven't seen this much of a breakthrough with animating water since Finding Nemo.

We Know The Way is the only good song in Moana, in my opinion, and it's still not as good or as marketable as Let It Go.

I found I Am Moana very bland for the main heroine theme.

Shiny was fun, but again not that marketable, especially with the way it was spliced with dialogue and action in the movie itself and I fucking hate Jemaine Clement.

You're Welcome just made me cringe.

>has the power of water
>still cries for the help of maui even though she could hydromance the fight solo

Who the flying fuck cares.

The Animation oscar is meaningless, the Academy doesn't care about cartoons, the award isn't respected in the industry and it isn't a measure of excellence

>he thinks its not rigged

Moana was fine, but I can't remember; was it overshadowed by anything the time it was coming out? I feel like it easily could have been more popular.

@90458145
>Can we all agree
eat cancer and die memeshitting faggot

Nooooo... Zootopia is the best disney movie in YEARS. Tangled wasn't even as good.

Zootopia was better, the plot, the characters, the pacing, etc. I also starting to dislike movies were the character sing, that's why I prefer Zootopia and Wreck it Ralph over Frozen and Moana.

Lion King VS Pocahontas

Oscars mean something to normies. If an actually good writer/director gets an Oscar, they can put "from the Oscar-winning writer/director" on their next picture, which will cause more normies to see it, which will cause the person to become a bigger asset which will give him more work and creative freedom which will result in more and better movies for us to watch.

>$4

What weird pricing is that? We have a $9, $12, and $1.50 ticket theatre but that's just weird.

I was just playing stupid to mess with you, but that was a legit helpful and informative answer. Thanks you!

disagree with you in terms of song. Let it go won an oscar even though it had nothing more than a catchy tune. I feel that it was out of place winning when almost every other song on the soundtrack is linked together

Moana's songs all felt like they were marking a change in the plot or at least revealing information about the characters.

>Frozen's music wasn't great

Zootopia was an enjoyable movie. Moana was just Disney by the numbers. It wasn't bad but it wasn't nearly as engaging.

>Can we all agree
Doesn't matter what's the rest of the question, the answer is NO.

gotta side with the cute animals. Always side with cute animals