Monsterverse general

Now that the DCEU is officially dead and buried, it's time for the Monsterverse to become the dominant cinematic universe for WB.

What characters are you hoping to appear in the future?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=coOKvrsmQiI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

M O T H R A
O
T
H
R
A

anguirus
gigan
megalon
hedorah

Frankenstein

This fucker for the villain in Godzilla vs Kong, make MUTOs and Skullcrawlers his minions.

WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME

Gorosaurus. It's time for my boy to shine.

kek
At least we know the ending to Kong vs Godzilla now

This... can be arranged.

I want a good movie first and foremost or the Monsterverse will soon be following DCEU's footsteps.

Honestly I'm kinda dumb and I haven't watched the old Gojira movies, all I want is to watch giant monsters fighting in movies that aren't completely shit.

I’m pretty sure monsterverse is Universal, OP.

The third member of the Trinity.

Isnt Frankenstein going to be part of the Dark Universe from Universal?

>Godzilla (1954)
>Mothra vs Godzilla
>Monster Zero
>Godzilla vs Hedorah
>Godzilla vs Biollante
>Godzilla 2000 (American edit)
>GMK
>Shin Godzilla

he's public domain, anyone can use him

Just like Mickey Mouse should be

you mean mothra

OOOOOOYYYYYYYY

BAD GOY

LEAKED: New foe for Godzilla 3 revealed!

I think Godzilla vs Kong will do well but after that who cares

Monsterverse (aka Tohos giant monsters) is WB.
Dark Universe (aka classic Universal/Hammer monsters) is Universal... and dead, bury it.

Cthulu

That's the Dark Universe which is deader than the DCEU.

Monsterverse is Godzilla and Togo kaiju+Kong at WB

AHAHAHA, NOT IN YOUR LIFETIME

mothra a fag, gimme rocket turtle or gimme death

Maguma!

the story is public domain the character isn't
universal had to invent his looks because he wasn't physically described in the books so they could freely copyright it and sue people if they used a frankenstein that looked like theirs
according to the copyright if you're going to make a frankenstein movie/show/book he couldn't have green skin, a flat head, scar on forehead, bolts on neck or a protruding forehead

>two well received movies that made money
It's already off to a better start than the DCEU

Hedorah and Biollante are the only good flicks on that list... maybe GMK, but the rest is basically a snoozefest for someone who wants to watch some good kaiju fights.

Godzilla '14 was almost as divisive as Man of Steel.

Unless they release the movies around the time infinity war comes out I expect them doing to do decently.

No problem.

I'm still hoping for a Mummy sequel

>but the rest is basically a snoozefest for someone who wants to watch some good kaiju fights
Are you in this for legitimately good movies or mindless action? If it's the latter then you're probably not going to enjoy that list too much.

i'm hoping for a pair of lips around my dick but we both know that's not happening

>buh buh buh DC!!

ITT one triggered marvel moron

Question for the op. Did you accidentally make a shit thread or did you do it on purpose?

>not Baragon

>guys in rubbersuits destroying cardboard cities
>legitimately good movies

Yes, brainlet. There are good Godzilla movies. Get over it. Just because most of the series is schlock doesn't mean all of it is.

>cardboard cities
Fuck, you're probably too dumb for even the shitty Heisei movies

>guys in rubbersuits destroying cardboard cities
watch "Bringing Godzilla Down to Size"

This has always been the most retarded criticism of Godzilla. Even an idiot should know that cardboard does not look or crumble like the buildings do in these movies. And most monsters in movies (Alien, Predator, Star Wars) are either puppets, men in suits, or glorified cartoons and you only see this criticism leveled at Godzilla.

Well, a kaiju version of Frankenstein should look different. Hell, it even could be assembled from bodyparts of different giant monsters

Which film is he from again? I still haven't seen all of Toho's toku stuff.

THE WORDS

>implying this isn't kino

>Alien, Predator, Star Wars
Yeah but those creatures are just humanoid aliens. Not giant monsters. It's more apparent that they're weightless guys in suits when they try to replicate giant slowmo.

this gives me flash backs. Not to the movie but to the fact that some Godzilla movies were called stuff like "Frankensteins monster in the battle against King Ghidorah" in the German release.

The only extended universe that makes sense to me
Since these movies are just lighthearted entertainment in the first place, knowing the overarching plot is never required but the movies are actively augmented by having a wider roster of monsters since all they have to do is beat the shit out of each other

GENIUS
E
N
I
U
S

>It's more apparent that they're weightless guys in suits when they try to replicate giant slowmo.
That's what overcranking the camera is for.

>he thinks Dark Universe is still happening

technically it will be and is already a thing, but as a neverending series of reboots and re-tries instead of a real continuity

He deserves a better fate.

who has the rights to Cthulu?

>not excited about the superior trilogy
plebs

Oops, wrong pic

Dwanye keeps ruining his image with disposable junk like this, Baywatch, and Jumanji. Sad. Bring on Dave Bautista.

I'm sick of Dwayne Johnson but I'm not even mad at this.
IF it doesn't take itself too serious.
Rampage is just monsters destroying cities.

>Ruining Ghidorah's first appearance as edgy 13 year old deviantart tier shit and giving him minions
FUCK OFF FAGGOT

Have you seen the fucking trailer? Stop dreaming
youtube.com/watch?v=coOKvrsmQiI

Monster X is better than the Ghidorah he turned into.

What I'm getting at is that Monster X should be NOWHERE NEAR THESE MOVIES. Now fuck off and go study for middle school.

Looks litty as fuck.

Gamera Trilogy is legit underratted good shit, best damn human story of any kaiju movie

Ghidorah will first appear in Godzilla: King of Monsters (2019), Godzilla vs. Kong is in 2020.

He really isn't out of place next to something like the Skull Crawlers. Stop with the drama.

>A FUCKING TREE

Shinfags needs to leave

>I prefer my kaijukino intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor

>urobuchi

Hedorah is the only worthwhile movie in that group. Severely underated. The other two are blights that fuel the popular negative stereotype that hangs over this franchise like an acid cloud.

>WB
it will SUCK fucking ASS no matter what

>negative stereotype

Yeh, because god forbid fun movies bein actually fun and enjoyable and not depressing.

I like kaijus that look like dinosaurs and apes, but I wish these movie had more fucking variety

What is this?

Movies can be fun without stooping to cringe-tier levels to evoke a laugh. You can like it. No problem there. But those are not good movies.

Niether is Shin Godzilla.

unused monster 'gryphon' from the 1998 Gringodzilla before it got retooled entirely

The antagonist from the Godzilla film you would have seen had Sony not been greedy and Emmerich stepped in to make what became Godzilla (1998). Directed by Jan de Bont and effects by Stan Winston.

It's better than literally every other Godzilla movie, American or Japanese, besides the original and maybe Mothra vs Godzilla. Leaving it at that.

Who'll win? Godzilla or Kong?

Reminder Kong will grow bigger and have electric powers to compete against Godzilla in 2020.

Neither of them probably. They will fight for a short while before uniting against a stronger third foe.

X marks the spot, baby. It's time to oil up.

>we will never see this film

satan goss

Pacific Rim Uprising will kill Monsterverse in its infancy

Is there some reason film studios can only make money with this mega-budget capeshit?

If it's not working for WB, why don't they try making good movies for adults with reasonable budgets?

Is it the non-anglo market that forces their hand? (since it translates better to China, etc.)

We could of had an actual decent godzilla movie instead?!?!?

It's not a part of the Monsterverse.

it will by association

The article about this film on scifijapan is a great read.