Peter Parker Will No Longer Be A CEO In Amazing Spider-Man?

bleedingcool.com/2017/03/05/peter-parker-will-no-longer-ceo-amazing-spider-man/

>Dane Tyler, embedded in the Spider-Man panel at ECCC, tells us that Peter Parker’s days as a CEO of Parker Industries in the Marvel Universe might be shortly numbered.

>When writer Dan Slott was asked by an audience member what job the creators would give him if he wasn’t a CEO, Slott said he couldn’t say because you’ll see his answer in the book.

>Which does indicate that Peter Parker will no longer be CEO of Parker Industries. If there even is a Parker Industries.

>It might indicate a return to more classic set-ups for Marvel characters as part of the upcoming rumoured Make Mine Marvel non-relaunch – and for Amazing Spider-Man to go back to it’s “legacy” numbering…

That is a strong jawed gal right there.

no way i thought ceo thing would last for forever i'm sad wtf

lmao, this

CEO Peter was always a dumb decision, but for god's sake when will Slott leave the fucking book. sales don't even justify him sticking around when Spider-Man, marvel's biggest property, is only selling at around 70k and clone conspiracy was a flop on all levels.

Calling it now, Parker Industries rises from the aftermath of Osborn stronger and better than ever.

Looks like Marvel still doesn't realize it wasn't necessarily Parker as a CEO that was the problem (even though that was pretty bad), but Sloth still writing the book.

More importantly, will we lose best girl?

Very Michael Shannon

That... didn't last very long did it. It's been about a year right?

Spock gonna be beating that pussy up again in his upcoming solo

And water is wet.

I think this was already a fact by this point. I mean, everyone though they were going to discard the CEO and Parker Industries stuff.

I think I've read somewhere that it's going to be owned by Osborn, but I may be wrong. Also, this could be confirmed by Spiderman 2099 ending soon, given that Miguel needs Parker Industries because the time machine.

I wonder what's going to happen with all the FF stuff they own, btw.

Good. Fuck that Tony Stark shit. Peter works best as a part time high school science teacher who also freelances for the DB or something along those lines

3.5 years I believe.
Superior Spider-Man #20 which was October 2013 was Parker Industries first appearance.

It's kinda weird for a billionaire ceo to go broke and try to get a normal job. You think anyone will bring it up?

Photographer,Teacher,Scientist..CEO...what job is slott thinking of that wasn't already taken?
He's getting a solo?

Gigolo

While I know the CEO thing wont last forever, if he loses this job so soon then that just makes the upcoming solo Spider-Man series pointless, because its about Peter doing more street level stuff rather than CEO things

>Peter no longer CEO.
Cool!

>Slott still there.
I thought Male Mine Marvel was supposed to fix shit?

Slot will literally never leave ASM. It will be 2077 and Slott will still be writing ASM.

>CEO Peter was always a dumb decision
Despite the concept being completely shit and going against the point of the character it was terribly executed.

The worst part was Spider-Man being Peter Parker's personal bodyguard, it all stank of a cheaply Iron Man knock-off from the time nobody gave a shit about Iron Man.

>what job is slott thinking of that wasn't already taken?

Instagram model

Is she really still around? lol
Poor girl.

>I wonder what's going to happen with all the FF stuff they own
Johnny "/ourboy/" Storm will buy the Baxter Building with everything he stole from Medusa before she fucked off to space.

Of course he will leave ASM, but only when he finally dies

We can fix that.

>We can fix that.

Lets leave him in a room with Gabby Rivera and make them battle it out.

Whichever loses, we win.

Live Streamer.

Even better! Put him against Bendis in a death battle and whichever wins their Spider-Man becomes the new main Spider-Man!

Slott leaving ASM is contingent on Zdarsky's Spectacular Spider-man outselling it.

Spider-Man: Let's Player

>Slott leaving ASM is contingent on Zdarsky's Spectacular Spider-man outselling it.

Time to add Zdarsky's to my pull list then.

I'm willing to go to my comic store and buy every single issue of Zdarsky's Spectacular Spider-Man just to bump up those sales because I'd like to see how much Slott would rage on twitter if he got fired from working on ASM

Now I want Peter to become the Marvel Universe equivalent of Pewdiepie

I was thinking more like Peter streaming himself webswinging through New York

>buy every single issue of Zdarsky's Spectacular Spider-Man

Can we make this a real thing?

>Male Mine Marvel

PROBLEMATIC

>Make Mine Marvel
This name is so fucking shit.

>PROBLEMATIC

Quick! Call Gabby Rivera! We need to fix this!

We should make a thread asking everyone to do the same, if they can afford to do so of course, dunno what I'd do with all the issues after buying them though

All Old, All Same would be better

>dunno what I'd do with all the issues after buying them though

Donate them to a hospital or something.
It's Spider-man, the kids'll love it even if it's crap.

They should learn from DC. Rebirth is a good name for your back-to-the-roots re-launch.

Marvel should of called it "Heroes Reborn".

I'm so shocked, Honestly I'm glad this ceo parker is going away it wasn't that noticeable of a change outside of parker riding around in a lame hover car but i do want to know how parker is going to just lose a company and not get sued after what i imagine him using the company to start a war against osborn

good chance she'll stick around until doc oct kills her

That's a good idea, might actually do that now, probably wouldnt stick around after giving them out though, I'm terrible at talking to kids

Wasn't that one of Sony's ideas for a Spider-Man reboot? Give Spidey a snapchat?

>until doc oct kills her

But he loves her user

Make Mine Marvel is an old-school callback though. Heroes Reborn is a shitty reboot that no one liked.

>Heroes Reborn is a shitty reboot that no one liked.
Exactly my point.

You'll see it by yourself in a few months though.

and lots of EDM music. Kids love that shit.

>going against the point of the character

i thought it was a good direction, but parker was making so many errors that his doom was basically telegraphed.

whatever happens, i want him to keep that shiny new suit. making the suit bulletproof was stupid but the glowing eyes and spider emblem are a thing of genius.

Say no more, anonymous.

1/2

Make Mine Marvel is supposed to come out in 2018 though, but nice try.

>making the suit bulletproof was stupid

How was it stupid?

Orphanages, Children's Hospital, Charity organisations or poor schools also work.

Otherwise a local library will probably take them.

Isn't it meant to start phasing in this year? Starting with Venom #150

Whatever, dudes. It can come up tomorrow and it won't stop it from being a complete failure.

What Marvel has to understand is that neither the status quo or legacy characters are the problem, but the awful people in charge (Alonso, Breevort, bendis, Quesada clique) that keep shitting up the company.

To bad Zdarsky's book is going to be cancelled (hard). Spider books sell like shit outside of ASM (and surprisingly Miles). RYV is tanking. 2099 is tanking and possibly cancelled. Silk is cancelled. Spider-Woman is cancelled. Spidey is cancelled. Spider-Gwen is tanking.

Buyers only care about the main continuity books that are important. Which is why only ASM sells.

You're thinking of Generations, though both are part of Marvel Rebirth esque relaunch.

Marvel is running scared.

>but the awful people in charge (Alonso, Breevort, bendis, Quesada clique) that keep shitting up the company.

They should put Gabby Rivera in charge.

Yeah Marvel, regress Peter again. What could possibly go wrong?

For the love of god dont even fucking joke about that

>and for Amazing Spider-Man to go back to it’s “legacy” numbering…

I don't think this is going to have the success Marvel thinks it will. It didn't really do much for action and Tec

>implying Perly will allow a fat spic to run shit
For all the SJW celebration they do in Marvel white straight man have the real power within the company.

The abominable freakshows are merely an act to attract people.

>I don't think this is going to have the success Marvel thinks it will. It didn't really do much for action and Tec

It'll be the new version of #1 issue sales bump.

Someone did the math the other day and Marvel have like 9 things hitting milestones this year and next. They didn't check everything but Marvel probably has enough to reach at least 1 milestone issue a month for the remainder of this year and next.

You're wrong. Characters sell, not writers. If not then King's Batman wouldn't sell that much

Not like it will change Peter much. He'll still be a retarded manchild written by Slott. Forever and ever and ever.

I guess that's why Iron Man sells like hot cakes... oh wait, he doesn't.

Slott will eventually die, Spider-Man is an idea that will never die

No, my man, you're the one who's wrong. I am discussing about overall quality of the books not sales.

Indeed, Iron Man's lackluster sales despite being written by one of Marvel's historically high selling writers is indicative of the lack of importance the general audience places on the writer.

Bringing back so many, even for minor milestones, is a little overload. The only people that care are the dedicated followers and even then they're really not going to give an ass about it. Bringing back Action and Tec is a no-brainer since we're in the home stretch to 1000, which we've never seen before. DC made the right call with everything else being renumbered and essentially planting a flag saying "This is where we're starting a new era for the fans." It also helped that the previous relaunch at New-52 ended at 50+ issues.

>contrarian
>forgetting to mention the historically high selling writer is Bendis
Iron Man is the face of the MCU and doesn't sell. If anything it's indicative readers don't want shit writers.

So did Peter with Gwen

>Face of the MCU
>Readers

Um user you know the majority of MCU fans are normies who hate comics

>um
>>>/reddit/

And just to humor you, do you realize Marvel comics fans also adore the movies right?

But user, that's still a lose - lose situation, can't we just nuke them both?

>making the suit bulletproof was stupid
what?
>glowing eyes and spider emblem are a thing of genius
oh, nevermind

Nobody gives a shit about comic book Iron Man tho. He's always been a B or C lister at best A lot of people love the movies with RDJ but these people don't buy comics. Thanks for proving my point

It would be a financial success

>It would be a financial success
Again not the point of the post stop. The only ones who care about sales are consolewar memesters.

>Spider-Man declining in sales
>the latest crossover underperforming
If you think characters alone without a good story backing it up make bank alone you're fucking delusional.

You're the one that's fucking delusional. Spidey is still the top seller at Marvel, way ahead of anything that's not called Star Wars. Marfvel as a whole is under performing but Spidey will ALWAYS sell

Nobody said Spider-Man sales were tanking I specifically used the term "underperforming".

>Marvel* as a whole is under performing
I guess the characters alone don't draw dimes at all. Thank you for reminding us of this.

I hope never
>that one story where she sucks Peter's dick under the table and has a 3some with Sajani

>The only ones who care about sales are consolewar memesters.
Or perhaps they're Marvel fans who hate the current direction of the company and are expressing it the only way it has any impact - not buying anything. Because if sales get low enough, then there's bound to be a course correction to sonething they do want. But no, surely the only people relishing in Marvel's current situation are DChads and Marvel's really totally fine.

>that one story aunt may is racist against Anna because she's a midget

RYV isn't tanking. It's doing okay. Not great, but not bad.

It does have an odd and shit name though.

>that one story where Peter is revealed to be a HYDRA agent all along despite the wishes of his parents
Man, that was a humdinger.

Peter said he'd give the building back whenever they want it.

Oh boy, what a way to change the entire goalposts after you were told but still need something to keep bitching about.

You're fucking retarded so I'll just link you to this post

>that story when spider-man was revealed to be a clone all this time and then the *real* one fused with robin in the DC crossover
Weird shit.

>Sinister Six potential to break 2 billion
>Toby and Andrew together = about 2 billion is profits
>12 billion in profits over 5 years
God the people running these studios are insane. I'd fucking kill to read WB's emails regarding the DCEU, I'm sure they're just as incompetent.

I'm sure Marvel Studios is happy to co-own a potential 12 billion franchise right now :^)

Not weirder than
>that time Apocalypse was revealed to have an entire harem of symbiote wearing Spider-Men
Always knew that mugga was fruity. Just like Drake. Bet Grey had something to do with it.

>that time Apocalypse was destroyed by Zangief and he teamed up with Colossus to protect the motherland
Damn muties.

>That time they still feel
Damn Doom tears.

Apocalypse isn't gay.

He's just a bitch.

>the time doom pulled a thanos
And then he became the handsomest face in the MU.

Yes I love lapping up this stagnant drama we keep locking him into.

Fuck DB and High School since he's got a Doctorate now.

Have him be teaching at a University and maybe running a small repair shop an old science building and he keeps having to explain to the Dean why its a good idea.

Anything to keep form having some excuse to shove Miles back in here.