Would you want him back

would you want him back

Other urls found in this thread:

cartoonbrew.com/tv/cartoon-network-orders-summer-camp-island-series-julia-pott-148116.html
youtu.be/KZazEM8cgt0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No

>CN Real
>giving DC Nation the shit time slot
>TTG being the only thing that survived DC Nations death

Sure, at least TTG airing 24/7 wasn't his idea.
Christina Miller makes him look good by comparison.

Why does every animation and movie suck when the man who's running it has the last name snyder?

It's da joos

No.

>m-muh block that lasted a year before greenlighting Adventure Time, Regular show, Amazing World of Gumball, Steven Universe, and Clarence
never change Sup Forums. Miller has done nothing but lows while Synder at least had SOME highs

>Tried to get Cartoonstitute off the ground
>Greenlit Chowder, Flapjack, Adventure Time, Regular Show
>Got Gumball on the channel

He only tried to push CN Real because both Nick and Disney had live action and needed to compete since ratings were dropping for the channel and thought it was the only logical step forward since he was seeing it from a business perspective.

Even AS introduced live-action and didn't kill the block. The problem wasn't CN Real, it was that the shows on CN Real sucked dick. If it had shows like the Aquabats, it would've been fine. They should have embraced cartoony actors rather than just live-action on a cartoon network.

I agree with

Say what you want about Snyder, but at least he learned his lesson in the end. Christina Miller is destroying Cartoon Network as we speak.

ah shut the fuck up

>Shitty block block that goes against everything that CN stands for
>"A-at least he greenlit some g-good s-shows though!
>"a-as long as he aired something like a-aqua bats it would have been fine airing live action shows on a channel dedicated strictly to cartoons"

Also nice job ignoring everything else i mentioned, how about him giving DC Nation a shit time slot and being the one to greenlit TTG.
We wouldn't be dealing with these 24/7 TTG marathons had he not greenlit TTG and we'd have had DC Nation longer if it wasn't turned into an outdated block format of airing early in the morning on a weekend

He's shit and this "he wasn't that bad" is a shitty forced meme

>both Nick and Disney had live action and needed to compete since ratings were dropping for the channel and thought it was the only logical step forward since he was seeing it from a business perspective.
The channel is called CARTOON Network.

Yeah, yeah. But TTG airing 24/7 still wasn't his idea, even if he greenlit the show. So he's still the lesser of two evils.
>>"A-at least he greenlit some g-good s-shows though!
He greenlit PLENTY of good shows. What has Christina Miller greenlit? We Boring Bears? Steven Tumblrverse? Get outta here.

>a few good shows
>literally all of the shows responsible for Cartoon Network resurgence in the 2010s
you still haven't explained why Miller is better when her only contribution is giving PPG a reboot and airing TTG 80% of the time. Go to bed Doug you're drunk, no amount of shilling will make your crap watchable.

You have a habit of ignoring certain things, like Synder sabotaging DC Nation by turning it into a saturday morning block in the 21st century

>Yeah, yeah. But TTG airing 24/7 still wasn't his idea, even if he greenlit the show. So he's still the lesser of two evils.

We wouldn't be dealing with it at all if he didn't greenlit it. This all still falls on him favoring some cheap shit and ignoring everything else people loved more

Not defending Miller but comparing the both, Miller is doing standard CEO shit, spamming a show that gets them decent ratings. While I don't like it one bit, at least she came out greenlighting shows that become popular out of their own right and not because they were spammed

oh stop you faggot, it's 9 IPs in here and you're samefagging
My god you're such a dumbfuck

>"You have a habit of ignoring certain things"
and yet you ignore Chowder, Flapjack, Adventure Time, Regular Show Amazing World of Gumball, Steven Universe, and Clarence because muh DC Nation got treated like shit
>Miller is doing standard CEO shit, spamming a show that gets them decent ratings
so your logic is spamming successful crap is better than throwing a dart and seeing what sticks? I never said Stuart could do no wrong, I said he at least had highs to his lows.
>"at least she came out greenlighting shows that become popular out of their own right"
oh please tell me how Mighty Magiswords and My Knight and Me are going to be the next big cartoons. I'd rather take the man who throws every single idea in hopes something will land than the girl who plays it safe and does nothing.

I want him back. I'm sorry but Miller has done shit! Has anything good come out of her becoming CEO? Besides the mediocre We Bare Bears I can't think of anything!

At least Snyder experimented. It's so BORING now

>would you want him back
No, just because he did some ok things doesn't mean he was any good at all. Snyder was an incompetent idiot that, for some retarded reason, tried to make CARTOON NETWORK full of shitty live action shows/godawful cartoons and poorly copied Nickelodeon's Kids Choice Awards(I still remember those threads from years back, and god were they hilarious).

He tried to copy Nick's and Disney's live action show, instead of keeping true to what Cartoon Network was, a network for cartoons.

Bad live action shows
>Out of Jimmy's Head
>Destroy Build Destroy
>Dude, What Would Happen
>Level Up
>Incredible Crew
> Bobb'e Says
>Hall of Game Awards
>Annoying Orange
>Tower Prep
>Survive This
>BrainRu$h
>The Othersiders

The problem with the live action shows wasn't the fact that they existed, it was the fact that for years, he tried to unsuccessfully push it for so long, when he knew no kid wanted the shows in the first place.

Yeah, he greenlit some good shows like Adventure Time, Regular Show, Gumball, SU and Clarence, but he also fucked over DC Nation when he killed it.

Remember the day he pulled DC Nation, and how the creators didn't know what happened until CN made a twitter statement hours later?

So no, I don't want Stuart Snyder back as a president for CN, he was just just as bad as Miller is now. It's like choosing between two bowls of shit and the only thing different about them is the texture and smell.

Also, he spammed Johnny Test too, so spamming a certain show at the expense of other programming isn't a Miller exclusive.

CN is just fucking terrible, that's all there is to it.

Didn't you just say miller greenlit Steven universe. Why are you implying otherwise with this comment
>> yet you ignore Chowder, Flapjack, Adventure Time, Regular Show Amazing World of Gumball, Steven Universe, and Clarence because muh DC Nation got treated like shit

Seems like a sloppy way of defending DC Nations poor treatment because you got called out on ignoring that one for several posts. Plus you're sorta kinda implying Snyder greenlit SU
Now on the miller and SU part mentioned earlier
Is that so you could make this argument here?

>>oh please tell me how Mighty Magiswords and My Knight and Me are going to be the next big cartoons.

Because SU is actually a big success despite Sup Forums Sup Forums crossposters persistent shitposting about it and you just don't want to admit Miller did some good before fucking up so hard later while Snyder fucked up since the beginning?

You're a sloppy bitch my friend

just like your mom :^)

Also better stay safe then to fuck up everything on your first go, plus you DID say miller greenlit SU in your previous post so it's not like she stayed safe her entire time as CEO so far

>we havent had a good CEO in 10 years
>we still dont have one
how the fuck did CN survive after CNreal

I read on another thread that Miller was aiming to move Cartoon Network in a more "preschool"-ish route. I don't know if it's true or not, but it sounds like it could be.

Adventure time saved their asses, and somehow they thanked gum all for it, good show, but AT really came on the right time.

It's a hard pick, but at least it felt like there was some variety to Snyder, even if he did some pretty stupid moves.
And anyone arguing about DC Nation is forgetting that Miller is doing pretty much the same thing with Justice League Action (I can't remember the time slots of DC Nation, but JLA's 6:00 time slot feels worse).

Both Snyder and Miller have done really shitty things. The difference is that at least Snyder did SOME good things, whereas Miller didn't really.

AT and Regular Show saved their asses. Now RS is dead and forgotten and AT is limping to the barn now due to CN fuckery.

I'd believe it after seeing she greenlit a show that LITERALLY looks like something from DA.

So fucking what? They could make up a block for the channel and put anything they want in it like they do for Adult Swim. Unless you think live-action in AS taints "CARTOON Network" as well. Nickelodeon did it with Snick. CN used to do it with Toonami and Miguzi.

>a show that LITERALLY looks like something from DA
What was the show?

Probably, this wouldn't be the first time she's alienated the audience by going into a route no one asked for

Just fucking bring back Tickle U if you're gonna pull this shit

cartoonbrew.com/tv/cartoon-network-orders-summer-camp-island-series-julia-pott-148116.html
You're welcome :)

Oops, sorry! I misread your post. I thought you said you would believe it IF you found out she had done that.
Oh well, at least the URL will be useful for others reading this.

He was better than the shithead running it now.
I think this "infamous" Frank Zappa video explains my point: youtu.be/KZazEM8cgt0

Snyder was that old exec saying "i don't know, fuck it! Put it out there, if it works, then it works! ". And yes, we got things like Problem Solverz, but we also got shit like Regular Show. CN needs someone like that because without that mindset you don't get Space Ghost, and you end up rerunning old vaultshit forever

>how about him giving DC Nation a shit time slot
TW said "you're going to air these shows owned by us AND you're going to pay us to do so" and Snyder said "watch me fuck you over"

Nigga they don't even run vault stuff on their channel dedicated solely to vault stuff.

it should be renamed Boomewrong

TW seems like a less violent and self destructive Viacom at times

Fuck no. Current leadership may not be what the network needs but a lot of that comes down to individual showrunners and the tastes of who greenlights what. Snyder just had bad decision making at a fundamental level.

That is to say that while people say CN real was the big thing, lets not forget Snyder ran through several years of Canadian import shows in under two, ran a bunch of other shows into the ground, drove away basically every major figure that was there before him, and was a fucking nightmare in general.

It's not just animation and movies.

>Airs NU-PPG and TTG on Boomerang
>Won't air Ed Edd & Eddy.
>Not even at 3 A.M.

I'm guessing they can't air it because it's not an in-house production.

They're airing billy and Mandy, slvyster and tweety and something other cartoon that's old again
Boomerang is slowly going into a better direction

There are legal reasons why CN had to license DC properties despite being owned by the same corporations, but it was still a dick move for TW to dictate CN's programming and Snyder wanted it to hurt until TW/DC fucking got the clue he wasn't their buttmonkey. It wasn't a coincidence that he repurposed the entire TT staff to make Ben 10 which DC owned no part of.

Jesus fucking christ you're on to something here.

So he screws over a block people liked because his bosses told him to do something and how to do it?

Nah, Snyder a shit

>but it was still a dick move for TW to dictate CN's programming
How was that a dick move? A parent company telling a subsidiary what it's supposed to do is normal.

because his bosses were making him spend money to produce shows he didn't ask for AND demanding licensing fees to air them

btw the same execs who canned YJ when it was the highest selling show on iTunes (all categories) because they found out GIRLS were watching and GIRLS DON'T BUY TOYS

Sorry his balls are larger than yours, trumpling

Not him but implies that he would have to pay to air the DC Nation shows.

>tfw you singlehandly fuck up CN's schedule and pin the blame on Miller
this is the problem right here. He's in charge of program scheduling and was hired months before Stuart left.

Stop making excuses, you said there were legal reasons for why he had to pay them and Snyder should just sit down and do his job

>Trumpling

Fucking knock it off

And now Warner Bros. is airing season three of YJ on Netflix.

Can someone tell me how Time Warner, CN and Warner Bros. fuck each other over, even though they're part of the same company?

How does this even happen? What the fuck is going on up there.

Then why isn't Miller doing something and telling him off/firing him? Surely somebody showed her that a significant chunk of the week's airtime is dedicated to Teen Titans Go! at this point. I mean, a network head can't be that out of touch with what their employees are doing.

R-right?

The guy probably has an airtight multi-year contract and if there is a breech of it they'd probably have to spend tens of millions on his golden parachute when they push him out.

The thing about bad management is, it's hard to remove them when they get closer to the top.

I've never understood this board's hateboner for him. He saved CN from the funk it was in during most of the 2000's. People forget just how poorly it was doing before Adventure Time.

Fuck all of the haters. Snyder SAVED not just Cartoon Network... but the entire fucking industry. That's not hyperbole, that's an established fact. Shut the FUCK up about the brief live action; your opinion is irrelevant and I'm hiding your post if you do it again.

The greatest era of cartoons just ended. It was created by Snyder and died shortly after he left.

*throw down microphone into the ground so hard it breaks even though it's metal*

>But TTG airing 24/7 still wasn't his idea

What dimension are you from? It was being aired excessively before Miller came to power.

Sure, he is already better than what CN has now

and what did Miller do to ratify it?

Is there a single thing Miller did right?

>because they found out GIRLS were watching

Greg Weisman has said over and over again this is bullshit. Quit parroting rumors.

I'm not arguing that Miller is good. Just that Snyder isn't a blameless saint like you're making him up to be.

Sometimes I think the endless "Snyder did nothing wrong" posts come from the man himself, while collecting unemployment checks.

It's like the animation industry's version of the wage gap myth. It's been debunked over and over, but it refuses to die.

Yes. At this point just bring in all the live action and canadian cartoon you can. The network must burn

YJ had higher ratings than Ben 10 and Clone Wars. Snyder was crazy.

1) It's because CN sold the show to advertisers for boys of a certain age group, but they missed the mark for that demo. They got everyone else to the point of beating SW at one point.

2) Also CN picking them up wasn't compulsory. Apparently CN was just afraid of competitors getting a new show with the Justice League as supporting characters and trying to explain it to their bosses.

at least there would be new cartoons that are not reboots

I've an idea for a cartoon about three gay-acting 10 year old boys. They believe walking to the toilet is a waste of time, so they just pee their pants whenever they need to go.

you already said this on another thread

>Hall of Game

Is that the award show with all the depressed looking kids? I think I saw a picture here of it.

Yeah, unfortunately enough my hard drive was destroyed and all the pics I have of it are gone.

Shit that sucks. I remember thinking the picture was pretty funny.

>Dude, What Would Happen
I still don't understand the concept of this show

Kiddie Mythbusters but with less purpose and thought.

honestly Tower Prep was the only thing that may have held promise. But not on Cartoon Network.

No, I would want HIM back, though.

Yea he brought the best. I can guess who encouraged him to resign.

But by 2005-2006ish, CN had retired the Cartoon Cartoons and a slew of mediocre replacement shows like Camp Lazlo, Squirrel Boy, and My Gym Partner's a Monkey had already taken taken their place. And that was still during the Jim years, since he resigned in 2007.

Really, Samples leaving and Snyder coming in was more akin to pulling the plug on an ill, past-his-prime patient - since during the Stu years it got even *worse* with CN Real appearing and Toonami getting soccerball-faced TOM as its mascot - rather than pulling the plug on a patient in his prime.

And he just made the problem worse and now they still don't know what they are doing.