Superman just doesn't work on the big screen

Superman just doesn't work on the big screen.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/grO4OcJ6cgY
youtube.com/watch?v=ZAX-y018pcY&list=FLoqqwiyfOIvSshNtrzRBX8Q&index=26
youtu.be/dzAGwgDKg1c
youtube.com/watch?v=EL0ZDswQY5Y
youtube.com/watch?v=JbGL6bed5yM
youtube.com/watch?v=ywpCVaMHb7A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Superman just doesn't work on the big scre-

-en.

He's right. Richard Donner's Superman aged like milk.

A lot of comic book characters don't really.
The Hulk never will.

Why did people hate man of steel?

That's not what was said.

>DC just doesn't work on the big screen.
ftfy

Both Hulk solo films are good.

Reminder that Whedon was put up to sabotage JL. Idiots at Warner were all too happy to buy him, because they thought Snyder's JL kino (which included the black-suited Superman) was too grimdark. They wanted the Avengers audience instead.

No idea, MoS kicked ass.

The Burton Batman movies are still my favorite superhero movies of all time and I'm generally a Marvel guy.

No MCU flick has ever come close to Superman, Batman Returns or The Dark Knight. X-Men made it to the same tier with Logan.

X2 was good too

I think the Hulk works, desu. A concept like Jekyl and Hyde isn't that hard to bring to the film medium. Even Wallace and Gromit did it.

Nothing would have changed in terms of box office or critical reception though. In fact, it would probably have done even worse because the most positive thing fans and critics can say about this movie is "it was fun", which can most certainly not be attributed to Snyder.

>No idea, MoS kicked ass.

the general audience doesn't care to see a well written Superman because they just want pew pew quip quip fun and entertaining!! best movie of the YEAR!

It was too smart for them.

>which included the black-suited Superman

stop this fucking meme you retard
>BUT MUH INSTAGRAM!!

But it would make a good anime

no fucking clue, it still baffles me to this day how love/hate people are with that movie

t. soyboy

Superman is fundamentally an awful character. Only a 10 year old could find an ALL POWERFUL character who can do anything and can't be defeated to be interesting.

The silly devices they always have to remove to take his powers away briefly, so as to have SOME plot and uncertainty, are laughably contrived in every case.

Im more of an mcu fan but MoS is still my favorite dceu movie, loved it.

he was ok in JL actually
his "supes being supes" scenes (all two of them) were some of the few watchable parts of this movie

You don't know anything about Superman

I think it's ridiculous to think that in a world were Marvel has made Ant-Man, Doctor Strange, and Gaurdians of the Galaxy into blockbuster films that Superman can't work. Especially since they already made 2 great Superman movies 40 years ago. It's not the character's fault all he gets stuck with to make his movies with these days are hacks.

*blocks your path*

Are these the famous Marvel quips I keep hearing about?

Wrong
Correct
youtu.be/grO4OcJ6cgY

Superman was a little baby

A lot of people think he's hard to relate sine too many writers focus on the godlike alien aspect of his character instead of the regular farm boy who works a 9-to-5 aspect. The fact that he hasn't had a good movie since Superman 2 doesn't help either. It's like all modern film makers are afraid to let him have a personality.

This was fucking awesome and still holds up

embrace the cheese faggot

Come on, now. He is right.

Man of Steel is unironically the best live action superhero movie
Prove me wrong

youtube.com/watch?v=ZAX-y018pcY&list=FLoqqwiyfOIvSshNtrzRBX8Q&index=26

I get that he's supposed to be new at this superhero thing but everybody's fucking tired of DAWN OF THE BEGINNING: RISE OF THE ORIGIN movies. It took almost 5 years and 3 movies for Superman to finally start looking and acting like Superman

It sure does. I'm tired of defending it. I could lose 10m but it's great. youtu.be/dzAGwgDKg1c

What?

No he's not. He's clearly unfamiliar with the character and has the same pleb opinion as everyone else who's never read a Superman comic

>le age like milk maymay

youtube.com/watch?v=EL0ZDswQY5Y
youtube.com/watch?v=JbGL6bed5yM

It's not a meme, you chimp.

You're forgetting Spider-Man 1 & 2. STILL not MCU.

Watchmen is still the best capeshit

You are legitimately retarded. You should read some Superman. If you are all about fighting, then you won't find that in Superman. It's for adults. If it were just about punching people, it's over, Superman wins. But Superman comics aren't about that. They're something more. He always has to use his mind, and his passion, and his truth. You need to start from the beginning on Superman. Read John Byrne "The Man of Steel." And when you're ready, read "Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?" by Alan Moore. It ends with a wink.

Even though the author and creator called it "imbecilic?" It's trash, dude. Read the masterwork, don't watch that pale comparison.

>Even though the author and creator called it "imbecilic?"
Moore also says all his capeshit work is trash and comics are stupid. he's a senile cunt.

>imbecilic
>made by Snyder
I don't think so mouseketter

he fucked up that guy's truck!

Alan Moore is fucking retard, he's senile and ultra contrarian. He wouldn't be pleased with any movie adaptation because of his autism.

So now you're just pretending to be a troll. That's a good strategy

MoS and BvS are the only remotely good serious capeshit films though, don't even fucking reply to me if all you watch is generic imdbshit and entry level criterion flicks

>included a jar of peepee xD as a plotpoint in his moive
He's a twelve year old livejournal user in the body of a flabby kike with connections

>he hasn't seen Logan

The color filters applied on every scene seriously ruins a fucking perfect movie
Superman cape should be RED and not rucking dark wine. So people subconscious think the movie is darker than it actualy is because of the fucking color scheme.

complete shit, i told you not to fucking reply to me

>bvs is better than batman begins

Logan is the same kind of "serious" as most anime: "There's lot's of violence so it's serious!"
Otherwise it's a pretty basic movie with no invention or really interesting bits
The Elfen Lied of capeshit

Super man and the Hulk actually have a similar problem. They're strong to the point where any physical conflict just doesn't work, it'd just devolve into them punching some big CGI strong man in some stupid Dragon Ball Z looking 20 minute fight scene. Once a hero is established to be invulnerable, watching them fight something just isn't interesting. To actually get the audience invested, you have to put them in a conflict that they can't just fight their way out of. For the Hulk, this usually means a character v self, Jekyl and Hyde self acceptance story. For Supes, this usually turns into a morality conflict.

BB is extremely bland and sterile, don't fucking reply to me.

If they did an All-Star Superman style movie, not necessarily the entire plot but the spirit of the thing, I think that would be perfect. A film to capture the essence of Superman's hopefulness and light, not this cynical, masturbatory darkness that manlets like Snyder think pass for art.

>predictable superhero origin story with TV-tier cinematography and dialogue and pretend seriousness
Nolanfags leave

>Create masterpiece graphic novel that explicitly calls out the worship of physical and sexualized violence in heroes against a backdrop of real, global concerns.
>See your work turned into a jerk off sesh by the guy who did 300. This fucking manlet completely misses the point of your work.
Oh yeah. Super autistic.

You talk like 85% of those movies are not atleast good.

>Batman Begins was goo-

Retards who use white text on anything shouldn't have any opinions

Yes it is you pseudointellectual double nigger

>Jonah Hex
>shit
>no Ghost Rider 2
You are a faggot

Maybe the character doesn't work, but that doesn't mean you can't make a great movie out of it

>alan moore is for smar-

Jonah Hex WAS fucking shit, you wanna see a good Jonah Hex? goo watch the short where he enters a bar to stop prostitutes from killing man.

youtube.com/watch?v=ywpCVaMHb7A

>animeshit
fuck off

What was wrong with this movie again? That is some proper Superman shit right there.

>Man of Steel, BvS and Justice League being anything other than bad

>Superman cape should be RED and not rucking dark wine.

So this caused critics to review bomb?

he just barely works in comics too, and never alone.

But that doesn't make sense. Why work 9-5 when you have superpowers?
He is too super and perfect for being an interesting character.

This. That they always have to do the whole back story and restart. I am sick to death of the spiderman story

The way to make overpowered superheroes work on the big screen, is by making them human.

Simple. That's what Nolan did. Because Batman in previous films and within his universe IS actually overpowered despite his mortality. He can literally do anything a human is capable of doing.
He can create whatever is feasible possible too. How do you combat that?

Make him mentally, physically and emotionally weaker than ever before. This is what Nolan did and result? Best superhero series ever.

If it were up to me, I would completely wipe out the DCEU and start with a Superman Origins story THAT DOESN'T GO FURTHER THAN HIS ADOLESCENT YEARS.

A darker Smallville could easily work and would actually be taken seriously.

>food analogy

How is he wrong though? You're basically just saying "nuh uh, you're wrong!"

>his truth
No such thing. Truth is not subjective.

This. A 'superman' film will never really work unless you underpower him to shit.

I'd actually like to see a Smallville type film without the usual gay CW relationship BS. Just a young Clark and young Lex.

I think I speak for many people when I say I'm tired as fuck of seeing the archetypal Superman portrayal. It's got the point where they might as well turn the Superman series into something like Bond where nothing ever really changes.

Seems like the direction they're taking these days.