So... final thoughts?

So... final thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/89253356/#89291182
youtube.com/watch?v=zoPjqj4j7cE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just got back from seeing it.
A pretty good ending for the franchise really.

>that shot is of him burying the professor isn't it?

I had called it a long time ago and I wanted to see if I was right.
desuarchive.org/co/thread/89253356/#89291182

I enjoyed it. wasn't wowed but I enjoyed it.
I always like seeing professional toughguys getting their shit kicked in, so that was fun

Good film.

Best cape movies in years.

8/10.
VERY good.

Plot was all over the place, but I didn't care about the plot.
The movie was a character study.

Made me feel sad, but like in a good way. You know not like the other capefilms where it was just a disappointment.

yfw Xavier never got to meet the new class of mutants and be their jolly grandpa

everyone with half a brain called it

>mfw that far black kid
>mfw he had electric powers

So why did they say there weren't any new mutants? Also, I got that Xavier accidentally killed the X-men, but someone mentions someone else killing off mutants. What was that about?

I loved it, better than anything we've seen from the MCU or DCEU.

A few minor gripes for me include the lack of a good bonding scene between Laura and Logan which made Laura crying at the end feel a little forced, how getting asylum in Canada, where the Weapon X project originated, would stop a powerful criminal corporation with it's own stealthy private militia, and smaller things like Laura having a heavy accent when other kids didn't, or how making the cross into an X was a bit too cheesy for my taste.

the government put shit in the food and water that bred the gene out of existence, and simultaneously hunted down and killed/captured the other mutants. i think.

I mean it wasn't that hard to guess.

Another example that may have been a bit harder to guess but I totally called that the shot in the trailer of Laura gripping Logan's shaking arm was him dying

Pretty good. Some pacing issues, but nothing too major. Really emotional and grounded.

Man, how refreshing is it to see a Marvel film where the stakes aren't apocalyptic? Like, there was no world-spanning threat of an ultimate evil, or an army or anything of the sort. Well, it was implied with the whole mass production of mutants, but it's not the center of the conflict

Also, Laura was adorable

Ah fuck, that got me laughing too.

Every god damned time.

They'll always have the comics user, and Laura can confirm some of that shit to them. Dude was kind, and he could fuck people up with his mind.

What said

if it would be the last xmen movie it would be perfect

i personally loved it.

Stephen Merchant was the mutie that sniffed them out.

yea but I wanted to see more happy reflective Patrick Stewart ;_;
when he was saying how that night was the most perfect night he'd had in a long time ;___;

The part when she started jabbering in spanish was great.

>the lack of a good bonding scene between Laura and Logan which made Laura crying at the end feel a little forced
I agree. What felt off-place was her calling him "daddy". She hadn't shown any interest in getting a father figure up to that point. She seemed more interested in horses and shit.

>mfw the fat black kid was running

Funniest scene in movie history

For those who havent seen the movie this is EXACTLY what it looked like during a dramatic moment in the movie

youtube.com/watch?v=zoPjqj4j7cE

Tell me was it Rat that was in the crate?
or was it Deadpool in the Crate?

>yfw Xavier almost certainly killed all the xmen and possibly killed all of his students if they were in the school when it happened.

Xavier had a hard life

And how he said he didn't deserve it... Fucked me up man... So much guilt for a kind man over something genuinely beyond his control.

I was kind of dissapointed that they pinned it on Xavier and not Logan like the comic

Yeah, that scene sold me on her. Especially since I know spanish, and the lines were actually delivered really well.

>this girl is your daughter now
>I don't give a FUCK that she was clones from your stolen dna for sister purposes
>I don't give a FUCK that you are just trying to die as a selfless live saving the world and stopping lunatic mutants with deadly abilities and plans
>you are her father now because reasons
>you fucking scumbag piece of shit BE A MAN raise your daughter MAN UP TAKE RESPONSIBILITY

Adding to this,

hanging out with a family knowing you're being pursued.

A painful part of this movie is that so many things could have gone better if X and Logan weren't so broken, but that's just how it goes.

An American movie with Spanish speaking scenes that aren't complete garbage? Damn.

Have any xmen comics followed the idea of Xavier having a degenerative brain disease?

Well they wanted to keep it grounded, and a super psychic with a brain disease is more logical than a guy with claws and healing powers getting mind controlled.

>traveled back in time to save the Mutant race
>beat Apocalypse and saved the world
>still doesn't matter, mutants end up near extinct anyways
there's just no winning as a mutant is there.

Well it helps shes naturally spanish.

No. But at least the world isn't a total hellhole like it was in DoFP. It was gritty from what we saw, but we also only saw small towns and the border between Texas and Mexico so hard to say what most cities are like.

>the lack of a good bonding scene between Laura and Logan
I can see why, but up until then Logan was pushing her away even when she was starting to warm up to him
so I think it's more him coming to save them showed her he really cared and could have been her dad (for all of them) if he lived

SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUTUP
>Xavier had a hard life
SO HE DESERVES A SECOND CHANCE.

So what exactly was Logans plan with the boat?

Even if he got to a deserted island to leave Xavier on he wouldnt have enough medicine to suppress his seizures while there

So what was the point

I don't mind. They would've needed to bring in another mutant to trick him into doing it, and a motivation different from "Xavier just got old".

>the lack of a good bonding scene between Laura and Logan which made Laura crying at the end feel a little forced
I thought of it as more of she was crying for what could've been.

All her yelling probably should have tipped me off, but her voice was a lot higher than I expected.

I suppose it helps shes like 12 in real life.

Well he had the adamantium bullet...

I figured it was going to be a double suicide thing.

Laura Spanish voice is awful.

There were plenty of scenes when she was looking towards him for some kind of acknowledgment and little stuff like when she was looking at the father/daughter mannequins and focused on their holding hands, as well as a few other scene when she saw him ditch her in favor of aiding Charles. They just never acted on bringing them together more like they should have.
Him coming to the kids' aid was great for showing them that at least some part of the stories was true and that there was still a caring heroic soul in him, but to the point of her calling him daddy? Not quite enough for me to easily buy into. Also she should've been saying papa to make it feel more natural.

Why buy a 60 grand boat just to commit suicide

Not to mention the why of "why are logan and xavier the only ones left" isn't really important to the movie itself. Following the comic's version would require a lot of setup for a mostly irrelevant thing while doing what they did in the movie doesn't require any extra set up and is tragic as fuck.

cause if your gonna fucking die might as well do it in style on a nice ass boat.

Give him some happy time not stuck in a water tower in Mexico.

>tfw you want Cannonball and Dani Moonster as leaders of the X-Men to greet Logan and Laura as the find Eden

i actually loved the little kids X-Force. I want that R rated roadtrip movie

I figured they'd get enough drugs to start the trip and buy more in South America. Its sad really how Logan was just trying to take care of Charles.

I have to say one thing I really appreciated was that the movie ended at Logan's grave instead of going until the kids crossed the border.

That's because it was meant to be his story.

I liked how they put the deadpool 2 trailer right at the start since they didnt wanna juxtapose the ending with lulcomedy

Sure, but some movies might have followed them all the way to the border just so we'd know for sure they made it safe.

I mean chances are they do, but the movie had the good sense to end when the story it was about was over.

Best superhero movie since TDK. Actual levity and stakes to it and it also captured just how terrible it would be to be a mutant perfectly.

Yeah

Also that text crawl at the end of it was a synopsis of The Old Man and the Sea.

I like how X2 pretty much leads right into it.

>One day someone will continue my work Logan!

>Alkaline Lake

>Weapon X Program

The point was that when The Big Seizure came and finally killed Xavier there wouldn't be any casualties.

Best X-MEN movie so far, It'll be tough to beat it.

You know I just realized. Laura is gonna eventually go through the exact same physical issues Logan is going through.

Hell they may even start earlier since she has the adamantium from birth while he had decades before he got his. I guess it all depends on when her healing starts to give out.

>get Xavier away from people, so his seizures wouldn't harm others
>give him a nice view in his (very few) final days
>if things go bad, kill him, then kill himself
Notice how he loses it after they bury him. Before Laura, Xavier was the only reason he kept on living.

Yeah so far its
Logan>Dofp>X2>X1>WolverineSenpai>X3>laststand

I never watched apocalypse

Where does origins go on that list.

Also first class?

9 facial stabbings out of 10

Whoops I wrong Last Stand instead of origins

Logan>Dofp>X2>X1>WolverineSenpai>FirstClass>X3>Origins

>X3>laststand
That's the same movie

Who else thought "The Border" was going to be a border between dimensions?

why in the flying fuck would you think that?

I was expecting one of the other scientists/helpers to be there with the kids. I guess she was the only one who got away from the facility.

That legit was hilarious.

From what I was able to gather, and bear in mind this is purely supposition

Caliban was used by the Gentech people many years ago in a plot to lure as many mutants together as he could and use Xavier's powers to kill them all. Xavier also complains that Caliban never talks to him. Caliban knows Xavier was used, feels guilty about it, but never told him so Xavier never knew and he thinks it's all his fault. That's why he stays back to help care for Xavier, he feels guilt.

i was convinced forever the ending was gonna be x-23 getting sent back in time desu. Rachel Summers thing, join the New Mutants

Just realized they never used logans sense of smell once in the movie

Xavier suffers from childhood baldness due to his powers, he was like in his 30's when he formed the X-Men. The closest thing he had was being brought back to life with small gaps in his memory because he died from a gunshot to the head.

Does anybody else think that Logan's reading glasses were Beast's?

Just as an addition heap of feels.

Probably diminished with age, like the rest of his abilities.
Considering they had a tag on them in the first scene they appear in, probably not

No. There was a price tag on them in some of the first scenes with them. He picked up a cheap pair of cheaters early on into the movie, likely from a drug store type thing.

FUCK, I guess I didn't notice that. Headcanon ruined

She only has 3 claws vs a full skeleton

ALL FOR NOTHING

Its still poison in her body

But that's the thing, 5 years before the movie the X-Men had a roster of 10 including Wolverine and Charles. 7 died and Wolverine ran away with Xavier a year before the movie starts. If I had to guess, I'd say Colossus was the only other survivor, injured students aside.

Well its the difference between all mutants and mutant sympathizers stuck in death camps and all mutants killed and altered away in what is otherwise likely just the normal future.

His powers didn't diminish with age, he was slowly being depowered by the chemicals in the food and water, the same stuff that was supressing the x-gene.

oh ok. I was wondering how her skeleton would continue growing with adamantium

Finally no more wolverine cinematic universe

time to bring the franchise back to marvel

It's not the poison, it's the dose. Wolverine had his full skeleton for ~50 years before he got all fucked up

She only has the claws I believe. Otherwise her bones would be fucked.

It's Laura, she can literally just pull them out if her healing factor ever gets fucked.

She might've gotten the adamantium sooner than he did, but her healing factor was also noticeably stronger and faster than his. I imagine she'll live about as long as he did at least.

She had a few cuts on her limbs, I assumed she got the whole shebang on her.

The Last of Bub 2
Laura: "i'm going to kill them, every last one of them"

That doesn't make any sense unless they want her to be a midget. Laura's greatest asset is how harmless and forgettable she seems so being a midget would be bad for them.

I'm more inclined to think that her foot claws are housed in her shin and she has to extend her feet to use them, although I'd have to watch the movie again to remember if that fits how she uses them

Apocalypse is more or less the same level of quality as X3.

I'd also throw Deadpool in there, it counts.

Now please, Wolverine, just stay dead.

After that sendoff, it'll just come off wrong as fuck to bring him back again.

>Halle Berry made it onto the poster

AAAAAAAAAAAAA

my only thoughts at the end of this movie was "I can't wait for another John Wick movie!"

I walked away feeling cheated

Just came home from the theatre

Great movie alone, as a capeshit film absolutely top-tier, on par with The Dark Knight.