Why are ticket sales for cinema declining?

Why are ticket sales for cinema declining?

Other urls found in this thread:

the-numbers.com/market/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Netflix and chill is replacing "let's go to the cinema tonight"

Also retards with short attention spans ruining the cinema experience for everybody else (pic related)

>Start charging more for tickets
>WHY DO LESS PEOPLE SHOW UP?!?!?

People are starting to learn about the Jewish fags that run Jewllywood. It's going to burn down real soon.

Learn 2 maths retard. Less movies = less people going to movies.

The number of movies released increased you dumbfuck

Is that international? It's even worse when you consider that domestic audiences are being replaced by foreign, where domestic studios get less of a cut.

ticket price has increased insanely in the last 2 decades, most salaries haven't kept up

streaming platforms are much more affordable for an insanely larger offer

the movie market is flooded by constant releases, leading most people to pick only a few movies per year to go see, if even that

that's the big 3 for me, but there's more if we scratch the surface

More capeshit + Less Quality = Less movie tickets sold

very very wrong

the-numbers.com/market/

Studios are making movies people don't care to see...most are a rehash of a rehash...cerealy, would you go to see a rehash of Rambo starring (insert poc here)?
Too much virtue signalling, remakes of shitty TV shows into movies, too much capeshit, and virtually nothing origional...

Because movies are shit and the age 25-65 population has peaked

cinema is a parents with kids or teen activity
when you work the whole week and have your own place fulfilling your needs you don't really want to leave your home, user. teens are loud and annoying, like children. you'll get older.

Looking at the gross and tickets sold, it's not that far out of the ordinary over the last 13 years. Keep in mind that we still have a month and a half left in 2017, during a season where lots of people go see movies.

That aside, the issue is consolidation. The industry is focusing on creating a small number of mega-blockbusters rather than a more evenly distributed number of high/medium/low budget films. Higher budgets means playing it safe, being more derivative, and being sterile and homogeneous in an attempt to reach out to as many separate demographics as humanly possible.

i live in a smaller town and the cinemas really haven't improved much meanwhile homekino went from vhs tapes on tube tvs to blu ray on big screens

Bad movies. Look at all the flops this year. Remove capeshit and Star Wars and Hollywood is in deep shit.

>2009
>+10%

Phone zombies and the culture of instant gratification.

That shit closed record stores, and it'll eventually close movie theaters.

It's not just cinemas. A lot of studios are almost bankrupt.

Record stores are nothing like movie theaters. The movie theater version of music is concerts, and concerts are as popular as ever despite the rampant music piracy and free music available.

also netflix and amazon, same shit happen with gaming industry, people don't buy anymore physical games, now they buy digital.

lol stop, it has nothing to do with "zombies"
People are just fucking tired of rising ticket prices.
They can relax in their home instead of driving to a theater, sitting in a piece of shit seat and being overcharged for concessions.
It's a no-brainer why ticket sales are done.

Speaking of which, another problem is that premium cable and streaming service are competing with movies when it comes to the drama genre. There are less drama movies being made, because they niche is currently being filled by stuff like Game of Thrones and other "serious mature" premium cable shows in similar vein.

That's part of the reason why it seems like proportionately so many more movies these days are the popcorn blockbuster colorful capeshit movies. Because apparently people will only go to the theater for colorful ADHD explosions and nothing dramatic or serious.

Are you blind?

Does that include predictions for the Christmas period? They make a lot of bank through then

you're both right, chill anons
wide releases, or in other terms "big movies" have been pretty much orbiting 130/year for quite a long time

however the smaller prods from independents are booming, the digital age has allowed them to flourish, and we're not even including streaming/cable dramas here. The offer has overall exploded if you combine it all.

Nope. Vidoegame players prefer physical content, they'll never forget how Microsoft tried to steal people's games, so physical is especially coveted nowadays.

i dont know what drugs you're on, but you clearly have a good dealer user

Piracy

>Oy vey the goyim know

Increasing prices alongside a declining overall quality. It has nothing to do with Netflix besides Netflix being a fair entertainment outlet (which the cinema used to be). Cinemas should start looking to other sources besides Hollywood because Hollywood is on track to crash and burn.. Weinstein and the lot are just a warning sign.

oh you're a console peasant, makes sense now
Gaben says hi

>Disney
>7 films
>all forgettable garbage
>sure to have the biggest market share once Coco and SW8 opens

The Cancerous 1 desu.

me in row 3 column 2

>Paying for digital goods
>Comparing consoles to PCs
Fag

It's about the same from 2004. Which is surprising to me, I thought Netflix is butchering cinema far more

The number is still more or less the same

> Living in Panama City central america
> Go to see JL with my brother
> VIP tickets for REAL 3D @ $14.50 each
> 2 x SODA + Chilli Dog = $17 bucks
> Grand Total = $46 bucks
> JL being 6/10

vs.
> Waiting for the YIFI version to come out
> Already have a backlog of movies pending to watch
> I don't care about the money unless i felt robbed and I did.

By the end of 2017 it'll be higher than last years sales. There's still the rest of Thor and JUSTice Leagues runs, Coco, and Star Wars.

>publishers charge theaters thousands of dollars just to receive and air their movie
>theater charges upwards of $40 for food and tickets to make up for this
>"Why aren't theaters making money anymore REEEE"

New-wave theaters are scams and they're everywhere. There's a local old-timey theater near me that charges almost 40% the average theater price and it is just lovely.

>WinCuck trying to assert dominance over a console peasant

luving every laff