Just saw this movie

Just saw this movie.
Wondering if anyone else was disappointed with it. Not to say I didn't enjoy it a good amount but it was a bit... lacking.
Also to add, I was a bit disappointed by how underused Caliban was, I liked his character and didn't like how he went out. The villains of the movie also didn't feel that... interesting. Like they were underwhelming for me.

Hey, better than President Skull out of fucking nowhere.

...now that I say that, I kinda wish they had done something like that with Onslaught.

You're the only one OP.

you're not alone m8

this move is good only for its R rating, the entire thing was Old Man Charles wiht sniktbub and shrieking loli..

Yes, a complete let down for me.. I was laughing out loud when he juiced up at the end.. what a waste of Jackman and stewart for the final film.. most of the people in the theater were disappointed.

>Wondering if anyone else was disappointed with it. Not to say I didn't enjoy it a good amount but it was a bit... lacking.

Yeah I agreed, my casual friends enjoyed it because they didnt know much about X men lore

I felt the Old Man Logan comic was much better because of its ups & downs evn though the ending was kind of weird

I have just one problem: is this canon, a what-if, a reboot or what? How does it add up into the continuity?

Why would it not be canon?

Its set in 2029, so it WILL happen unless they make a movie showing otherwise

The less it becomes an Xmen film the better it gets
Its like Xmen DC verison

because it feels like all the shit happens in DOFP was useless: the mutants are fucked anyway.

>laughing out loud at the peak most important part of the movie minutes away from the conclusion.

Quite obvious you have some level of autism as you cant decipher emotions well.

Maybe this happens a couple of years after they reset the timeline in DOFP

What year did Logan wake up in the end of DOFP? 2026?

>the mutants are fucked anyway.

We now have new mutants with loli x 23

What year did Logan wakeup in at the end of DOFP? 2025?

Logan happens in the restored timeline AKA the timeline where logan returns to the future in DOFP.
DOFP and Logan are 6-7 years apart alot of shit can happen in that time.

yeah all it would take is Parkinson'd Charles to have a seizure while using Cerebro

The final act was dumb: they knew where the kids were, they had drones. Should have just gassed them during the night/sniped them from the safety of the forest as they approached.

X-24 was the most heavy handed metaphor for confronting you past. Ever.

Best to harvest organs fresh

They wanted the children alive dude

> None of the handlers made it to eden yet the kids did just fine

The most disappointing aspect to me was the action. Apart from the opening scene it was just so stale. Same old same old just with blood. Also I felt the violence wasn't very organic.

Like they were just throwing in blood and gore for the sake of it. Like at the end when the young mutants all took turns in fucking Donald Pierce up. Was mostly pointless and were just showing off their violence.

Agree about the blacked thing part.

There were people waiting for them IN Canada.

Some speculate Jubilee for some reason or even Alpha Flight.

To back this up, when Rictor talks on the radio, someone does indeed talk back. At the very least someone is there.

I also thought it was extremely overrated.

The movie was unnecessarily dropping f bombs all over the place, even professor X swore a few times.

The violence was completely over the top, needlessly graphic and even bordering on offensive. They harpoon Laura in a gorey fashion and even show a kid getting euthanized and another committing suicide.

Why do we need a movie like this? Why do we suddenly need to have serious comic book movies all the time. I really don't like this recent trend of comic book movies needing to take itself seriously. Like why can't we have a fun movie for once?

Oh yeah the movie was nothing like the comics, another trend I hate.

You sounds like a woman or a fag

it was a bitter, wish they showed more but we are not getting shit.
how they both died is too "calm"
Like a normal day of any other person.

but they died saving people to the end, right? is this how they really wanted to go?

I was actually pretty shocked at the fight scenes and found the violence to be pretty horrifying, whereas in msot other movies it is celebrated

>Why do we need a movie like this? Why do we suddenly need to have serious comic book movies all the time. I really don't like this recent trend of comic book movies needing to take itself seriously. Like why can't we have a fun movie for once?
Because basically all the other Marvel/Fox movies are going the fun movie route, it's nice seeing some change

the gore and blood just shows how fast fight are really are with logan.

no pew pew pow pow bullshit just one slash your dead

Classic Sup Forums

Oh great retort friend, fantastic! You sure showed me! (Not)

>it's nice seeing some change
But why?
We had a perfectly good formula for cbm that was completely serviceable and fine.
We don't need to fix what ain't broke.

>the gore and blood just shows how fast fight are really are with logan
Again why do we need this? There was no reason to other than for the movie to say "LOOK EVERYONE! we're so incredibly violent and mature FUCK!"

This has got to be bait. No one could be this retarded.

>shrieking loli
wasn't disappointed desu

I thought it was extremely well written, directed and acted and it deserves all the praise it's getting.

I thought the amount of cussing was good and not overdone like Deadpool. Everyone talked exactly like how bitter, old, wash up men barely clinging on to a world that abandoned them would talk in real life.

I did not find the violence to be too much. It certainly didn't look like the cartoon violence from a typical 90s action movie like it could have. It felt like a realistic level of violence that I would expect to see from people with razor sharp claws and guns and did not feel overblown.

MCU has the "fun" comic book movie market cornered. I like all their movies for the most part, but they are all very formulaic and safe and do little to explore the actual chatacters and are more concerned with trying very hard to look like a comic book (nothing wrong with that). We needed this movie to keep comic book movies from stagnating and to inject some fresh perspective (which BvS completely failed at doing). I personally really enjoy the idea of seeing how people with superpowers deal with real world issues like depression and old age and suicidal thoughts and family.

It wasn't a perfect movie, especially if you're a comic fan who expected an actual Old Man Logan adaptation (aka a moron), but it was still a damn good movie and I'm not even hesitant to prematurely call it the best comicbook movie of the year. Both Marvel and DC have some big shoes to fill if they want to top Logan.

>mutant weapon children seek asylum and safety
>in Canada, birthplace of the Weapon X program and generally a pretty evil country in Marvel

Laura is technically a Canadian citizen through Logan.

In Foxverse the USA funded the Weapon X program

Because you wanted a cape movie and it felt anti climatic for anyone expecting capeshit obviously.

Im sure you felt disappointment on how the evil scientist died in the middle of his speech, how Xavier died on his bed without saying or doing anything big, how albino died without killing the bad guy, how Logan died impaled to a mere tree leaving you with the feel that it wasnt "epic" enough. That he should have died with a bigger bang

You clearly didnt get the movie. This was a more realistic approach, where life is worth shit. You were expecting someone dying trying to close a big purple portal, everyone dying in epic reddit scenes of badassery and they never came. They died in mundane ways. I could even say their last moments were wasted and didntachieve anything tangible with their deaths. Like deaths in the real world.

When you die because a shitty hearth attack or because a truck driver was looking some ass on the street and went through you without even noticing, you will understand that people dont die in heroics displays or final attacks. They just die. Like dogs most of the times.

Will see this movie soon but I'm a DCfag.
Do I need to know some backstories to fully understand what's happening? I know for a fact the X-men movies were trash.

Just because you disagree with someone doesn't mean they're trying to bait you.

Good post
But I still think it wasn't an enjoyable movie.

Stick with MCU movies woman. You need testosterone to enjoy Logan.

Watch X2 first. It leads right into it. Logan could have literally came out right after it with a ...years later intro.

Your problem is just being stupid.

>s this canon, a what-if, a reboot or what?
It isnt any of those and it doesnt even matter if its any of those, if its canon, what timeline was, BECAUSE IT WAS A GOOD MOVIE. Thats all it matters. And Mangold clearly said they werent trying to follow any continuity in particular. Its just their movie. Trying to label it so it makes sense in your headcanon, is your stupidity problem

>Wondering if anyone else was disappointed with it
You're never alone with an opinion.

That being said it had some problems but it was still many steps above all of the movies that come off Marvel's conveyor belt

>Do I need to know some backstories to fully understand what's happening?
No. Movies like this were made for casuals.

>a virulent, ever-chagning mutation like the X-factor can be completely wiped out by modifying food stock

>the entire world somehow all eating from the same food stores modified by American companies

>American in charge of wiping out all the worlds mutie populations

>implying there weren't tons of undocumented mutants

>implying the anti-mutant gene food was distributed everywhere

>implying it hasn't adapted around it by now

>implying nations like China would let the US have control over, and to exterminate its mutant population

>implying all of this isn't leading up to either another Days of Future Past or some kind of Apocalypse tier super mutants being born from the X-factor gene going full survivor-mode and becoming impossible to kill off

Those were my general thoughts about the world-building aspects of the movie.

>Why do we suddenly need to have serious comic book movies all the time.
But Marvel releases 3 action comedy light movies a year. Plus the last 2 fox movies were fun based too (Apocalypse and Deadpool). What do you mean serious movie?
BvS? The only actual serious tone movie since DoFP? Which was the only serious movie since TDk?

Serious movies happen once each 5 years. What the fuck are you talking about? Most cape movies are fun comedies like SS, Deadpool and GoTG

Felt like something was missing from the movie, and I'm not even much of an X-Men fan

>implying you don't have autism

It's a fictional world set in the future

Half of those can be answered with Monsanto and it would make sense. Its more than viable to poison the food of the whole world thought a single huge monopolic company.

>can't come up with a better retort than autism

You do know pesticides, et al, are failing and pest populations are adapting to them, right? If bugs can change so rapidly in such a short time I think the X-gene can adapt around some faggy scientist putting shit in people's corn syrup.

I wanted a slow paced, orchestrated version of the movie X-men theme at the end...but meh, the country music was good I guess.

I think it was a great FILM and I hope it pushes Singer to come back with better stuff for the next movie after Supernova instead of playing it safe. I believe Kingshekelberg is doing Supernova, might as well consider it a lost case.

Its movie science bro. No need to defend it.

Mate you are showing clear sciences of autism. It's fiction. Stop trying to tie it back to making sense in the real world.

Do you watch Star Trek and say "BLURGH BUT A WARP DRIVE ISN'T
POSSIBLE!"

What the fuck are they even going to do with this franchise? No one is going to fill the boots of Stewart and Hackman, at least not for awhile.

King Shekel is doing Dark Phoenix - Supernova
Singer still wants to do Protheus

There is Deadpool 2, X Force, New mutants and another tv series. Assuming Cable starts jumping in time, he can bring Deadpool and Laura to the main time line.

I guess they will go Shiar after that with the main x-men. They might mix Phalanx and Shiar into the same thing just to make it cohesive with the aesthetics of the Fox-men. My guess.

Nah, I just think its wasted potential. It could have been a vehicle to also show that mankind isn't as capable at dominating nature and biology as they'd like to think, maybe explore the potential dangers of trying to alter people on a mass scale like that. I mean, Charles and Erik had the luxury of being born into a world that didn't really know about them at the time. If some super-mutie kid was born in the Loganverse with Omega level powers and was actively hunted, hated, by humanity and the gub'mint their whole life, I'm pretty sure they'd go even more heavy handed than Magneto. Could be a cool doomsday movie. But I guess this cinematic 'universe' already had one (two now?) of those.

Conversely, it would also have been nice to have some small silver lining at the end of the movie. At least a lie to the audience that there might be hope. But they wanted a dark ending and they got it.

Now the real question is how the fuck they're going to bring all of this back on track with any new X-men movies.

So does that mean Logan is the canon timeline, or are they going to divert away from it?

And does this also mean we can expect to never see any more mainline X-men in a movie? Not that I can blame them after Apocalypse..

Oh, and forgot to say they still have Mr Sinister and Psylocke around.

I think the new leads will be Scott, Jean, Laura with Xavier/Magneto on cameos/supervising shit.

Shitty opinion: I want Apocalypse to come back. He was a perfect mustache twirling camp clown and I loved him.

I was dissapointed as well. It felt like it failed to deliver whatever was trying to pull. And I didn't understand what the fuck was he dying from

Its the end, they don't have to bring anything back on track. There won't be any sequels or anything with Laura. That is what makes it great.

There was also a silver lining. Mutantkind survived. They will always be hunted and hated and never be able to stop running but they survive.

>I was texting during the film

The adamantium was poisoning him

>Shitty opinion: I want Apocalypse to come back.

He gave the best performance out of that whole shitty movie.

Old time line - bad ending
Old time line - good ending
New timeline - uncertain ending, since Singer said that Apocalypse timeline didnt have to end on DoFP good ending.

Floating in limbo timeline: Deadpool, Logan

Logan is outside continuity. Its its own thing, just like Old man logan was. If you want to put it somewhere is from the old time line - good ending

Next new timeline movie is Supernova, and then come Protheus

That felt like a retarded excuse. I liked the idea that after Charles nuked the school, the X-Men and probably all the other students, he wanted to die and his body was giving out, healing factor be damned.

Adamantium poisoning. Its implied explicitly several times. Did you need exposition or a monologue to understand that?

Are you new to comics? Logan's adamantium always ends up poisoning him. He has a healing factor. Eventually it'd recognize the metal as intrusive, it's just like how the human body can reject an organ transplant.

Thats a plot point in the comic books too. When Magneto removed the adamantium from him, his healing factor went overpowered since most of it was dedicated to healing the constant adamantium poisoning.

I bet you also wonder how Wolverine got his claws back after The Wolverine. I bet you are that retarded.

Medical metals used in constructive shit don't have that issue. But I will give it a pass because adamantium is pure fiction and I doubt Weapon-X gave a shit about making sure it was safe for Logan's the long term health.

I don't read X-Men comics, I was more of a Spidey fan.

One thing I like about this movie is the way my local cinema advertises it.

For most movies, they have like a short description of what the movie is about and what kind of movie it is.

For Logan, all they have is "Hugh Jackman is back as Wolverine!" Probably hoping to draw in normies expecting more X-Men trash.

Adamantium isn't a medical metal, you casual. Adamantium has always been poisonous as fuck, and the only reason it works so well for Wolverine is because his healing factor can negate the poison.

Don't we have examples of adamantium-plated skeleton Wolverine regenerating being rendered down to his skeleton? or even worse?

>they didn't coat his skellington with Vibranium

Why is Weapon-X so shit?

Logan is apart from the movies.
They,like the comics, are toned down dramatizations of what "really" happened.

>When you die because a shitty hearth attack or because a truck driver was looking some ass on the street and went through you without even noticing, you will understand that people dont die in heroics displays or final attacks. They just die. Like dogs most of the times.

There's no shame in dying for nothing because that's how most people die, and that's why death is scary.

so tl;dr

This whole movie is 'Magneto Was Right'? 'cause that is what I'm taking from it.

Thats because when he died he had to fight an angel of death, and if he defeated the angel of death in the afterlife he could come back to life, but then the angel said fuck off, next time you die, you die.

>X-men extraordinary lore and the answer of why the movies SHOULDNT be like the comic books

>If bugs can change so rapidly in such a short time

Holy shit, you know absolutely fucking nothing about biology. How long does an insect live, bro? How long does a human live?

Shorter lifespan means more generations. More generations means faster adaptation.

Go drink some bleach.

To be fair its not a bad solution. You dont exterminate them anymore, you dont genocide them anymore, you just make them born without powers. Like regular people who can have regular lives.

Adamantium was basically a failed attempt at artificially recreating the vibranium in Captain America's shield, which is very rare and only commonly found in Wakanda. Wakanda is notoriously anal about sharing anything, especially vibranium, so it makes sense that they didn't want to rely on it for their experiments.

That said, adamanium is still harder than any real-world metal and virtually indestructible, so it's not like they fucked up completely.

Sort of robbing mankind of its destiny, isn't it? but hey generational short sightedness is a very hot topic as of late..

>mutants
>mankind's destiny

But Mutants are not the next step in evolution as proven several times on both the comic books and the movies.

Human intellect and the machines they create are more powerful in the Fox-verse.

Mutants being the next step of evolution was magneto nonsense and even him finally understood it was just alien manipulation.

Technically, in the comicverse, wasn't Earth artificially seeded with life by the Tribunal?

>But Mutants are not the next step in evolution as proven several times on both the comic books and the movies.

wat

Werent the celestials? I know Earth X is not canon by I cant remember which faggot alien was the one who made mutants.

Also Vargas is a Homo Superior Superior. So the Homo superior are not the latest shit anyways.

If my daughter was born outside of a military installation or an embassy, she would legally be German

So we have a neanderthals and a homo sapiens thing going on here.

>Homo Superior Superior
Homo Sapiens Superior*

i was mad Caliban didn't quote Shakespeare at the end

not mad but i woulda liked it. and i kept making jokes to myself about his crush on kitty

how long? didnt the healing factor get nerfed over time?

Was this ever mentioned in other X men movies? I feel like this came out of nowhere.

The healing factor has been all over the place.

It started out he would heal fast, but any serious wound would still take time to heal and a lethal injury could still actually be lethal. Then it got ramped up several times to the point where he could survive just about anything, including fully regenerating from being just a skeleton. After that it got nerfed several times and he even ended up losing it entirely, but in general it's just up to whatever the writer wants it to be.

Seeing Wolverine die from what made him cool sucked ass.

>evil mad scientist kills off entire Mutant race because Logan killed his father
>his father, the guy who turned Logan into an unstoppable rage monster in the first place
>an unstoppable rage monster that got loose and killed people including his father
>"Man, taking a mutant and turning it into a weapon killed my dad...I better prevent any more naturally occurring mutation and grow my own rage monster mutants"
>"they totally won't kill me like they killed my dad though"

Also Donald is the most disappointing villain I've scene in years. You need more than a robot hand an an accent to be a good villain.

7/10, though. It was better than The Wolverine, but I still like The Wolverine more.

What performance? I'm astonished at how little charisma and gravitas they managed to get out of Oscar fucking Isaac, but then again they covered him in eight gallons of makeup and told him to monotone every four out of five lines.

The only time he was a good villain was when he destroyed all the world's nukes.

>I was laughing out loud

You are probably the type to clap at the end of movies too

>most of the people in the theater were disappointed

Autists think everyone who sees a cape movie is an autist like them

Yeah basically that.

The rest of the movie was forgettable to me but him neutering the world's superpowers and that speech will always be memorable to me.