I just watched what the fuck

I just watched what the fuck

what the fuck did Sup Forums think about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6iqmIoHL74Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it is kino

if you have to ask you're a fucking idiot.

>tfw no death process gf

plebbit

worst one in denis' career

A decent film about a mother-daughter relationship set in a sci-fi setting.
Peak-driven Sup Forums will say it's dogshit though because they don't find a certain plot point plausible/realistic

very r*ddit movie

Have you seen Maelstrom?

>Worst in his career
>Nominated for 8 Academy awards including best Director and Best Picture

the aliens didnt destroy the world, 4/10

That first contact scene was easily one of the best executed first contact scenes in cinema history.
It was an actual experience watching it in cinema, Villeneuve knows how to create tension.

I agree.
It's barel 8/10.

I want to ____ Amy Adams

i liked the scene where she had an hallucination of a big tentacle monster. this is the only good scene but sadly it went nowhere and the plot had no originality whatsoever

I disagree, I think blade runner 2049 is the worst in his career, if you would watch my review here I explain why
youtube.com/watch?v=6iqmIoHL74Y

james bond burger

sign language is the key to everything hack

Fucking off yourself

uridon no one likes you

I liked it, it's not the best sci fi in history, and it has a couple debatable plot points, but it's a solid movie. Much better than what Hollywood has been puking lately that's for sure.

Kino

why would an alien suffer from human amnesia? this movie made no sense.

What? How did the aliens suffer from amnesia?

BR2049 at least makes sense.

Why do you have to shill your 'reviews' here

>Aliens aren't limited by linearity.
>Aliens can see the future and the past simultaneously.
>Aliens somehow don't see bomb plot about to go down on top of every other thing they could have done to make the learning process easier.
>Movie itself is setup in a linear fashion with flashbacks interspersed even though the main character doesn't perceive time that waaait a minute... how is there even a revelation for the main character if this even happens at one point in the character's life then they should have been able to perceive their entire existence simultaneously from birthohoho this movie is shit.

t: 89 IQ

Arrival is part of a recent series of movies I'd describe as Dunning-Kruger Sci-Fi. Along with Interstellar and to a somewhat lesser extent The Martian, they perfectly play to the crowd that fancies themselves as (and, to be fair, may truly be) smarter than average audiences but are not as smart as genuinely "smart people." They are movies designed to make the audience feel smart by introducing complicated and heady concepts, and then holding the viewer's hand the entire way through until there is next to nothing to be left up to interpretation.

If you didn't already know the twist in Arrival by the time she was in the milky section of the ship with the aliens AT LEAST, you perfectly fit the audience I am talking about.

There is no reward for being smart while viewing these movies because everything is eventually spelled out in big fridge magnet letters. Any clever idea is made so transparent that even the most simple in the audience will get it. It also removes any reward for rewatching or trying to figure out what you just saw.

Granted, there is a difference between Arrival and Interstellar. I think where Interstellar was pretending to have a brain it actually didn't have, Arrival has a brain that it is refusing to let the audience use.

Completely disappointing movie.

Also
>so that just happened

>>Aliens somehow don't see bomb plot about to go down
They "see" it but it's a deterministic universe, they can't change anything, just like Amy Adams character can't. And it's not time travel where they literally jump from one point in time to another, they only percieve time nonlinearly.

>they could have done to make the learning process easier.
Their way of interaction is entirely intentional so humans have to work together to solve what's happening. That’s why there are 12 of across the globe, if they just came to Amy Adams house with a simple instructional word file then there would be no one to help them in 3000 years like they wanted to.

>if this even happens at one point in the character's life then they should have been able to perceive their entire existence simultaneously from birth
Why? Again, it's not time travel, it's just a different perspective on time. Until she learns it, she percieves time linearly. What's so complex about that?

>doesn't like film
>ITS REDDIT!!!!!1

There is no way you have been posting here for more than a year

This pasta is part of a recent series of pastas I'd describe as Dunning-Kruger pastas. Along with Harry Potter pasta and to a somewhat lesser extent JOIposting, they perfectly play to the crowd that fancies themselves as (and, to be fair, may truly be) smarter than average audiences but are not as smart as genuinely "smart people." They are movies designed to make the audience feel smart by introducing complicated and heady concepts, and then holding the viewer's hand the entire way through until there is next to nothing to be left up to interpretation.

If you didn't already know the twist in this pasta by the time it starts the second section AT LEAST, you perfectly fit the audience I am talking about.

There is no reward for being smart while viewing these pastas because everything is eventually spelled out in big fridge magnet letters. Any clever idea is made so transparent that even the most simple in the audience will get it. It also removes any reward for rewatching or trying to figure out what you just saw.

Granted, there is a difference between this pasta and the Harry Potter pasta. I think where Harry Potter pasta was pretending to have a brain it actually didn't have, this pasta has a brain that it is refusing to let the audience use.

Completely disappointing pasta.

Also
>so that just happened

I thought the film was decent newfriend, but it was undeniably r*ddit

get a load of these mad brainlets

Surely you mean 2049?

>They are movies designed to make the audience
try better

you couldn't at least have posted the arrival video? come on man

Isn't it quite odd how literally NO ONE ever has a positive thing to say about your "reviews" here, no matter the film or the thread?
Isn't it quite odd how you always just brush off everyone like "kek, reddit brainlets", have you never considered that is actually you and your extremely embarassing rambling videos without any qualities or insights whatsoever?

You could make a "review" praising Arrival and upload it right now and shill it here, but if you did it like any of your other reviews you would get the same amount of hate for it. Please rethink your life.

Are you now even talking to yourself?

I'm not the only one who types in "uridon" into the name section

The poster number didn't change and uses the same exact phrasing with lowercase posting as you. Just stop posting altogether.

Based post.

it did change

Up until they stop doing the language translation/figuring out the ayy lmao shit it was absolute kino. Then it just goes to shit.

>Then it just goes to shit.
Hyperbole is a tool not to be treated lightly.

Alright, fine, it becomes incredibly mediocre and dull IN MY OPINION. It's never a 'bad' movie, it's worth watching from beginning to end, but I didn't enjoy the second half.

its really stupid but language gives you super powers, we have to learn Mandarin to reach the stars desu based Chinks offer us new modes of perception

fuck off.

it turns to shit user it ruins the whole movie and the language learning was bullshit because the aliens wanted them to learn it anyway

Good job user, I knew you could do that.

And that's how you out yourself as a total pleb.

It's good. I can see why so many people like it because they probably haven't read/watched much deep science fiction. It's a good film, but there are a lot better in the genre.

>Tripfag
Your opinion's immediately void

>Why? Again, it's not time travel, it's just a different perspective on time. Until she learns it, she percieves time linearly. What's so complex about that?

Did you even watch the movie? She has flashbacks to memories that happen in the future before she met the aliens. The story is extremely contrived in how it decides to let the character perceive only certain memories that have yet to come to fruition. It's a very contrived and silly movie. Same for the aliens and "forcing humans to work together" since the only unifying factor is the language itself and how it will impact future events globally. Amy Adam's character is the one who figures it out and then does the you-won't-believe-what-I-know-about-you-since-you've-never-told-anyone-about-it-before trope with Mr. Chinaman and frankly fuck this lame ass movie. The whole notion of you can't change the future even if you know it is so dumb.

You cannot realistically know the true future within a universe as a finite being. Every notion of the future is a possibility, but the true future will never be revealed until it has already passed (unless you can exist outside of the universe - then you are no longer chained to the laws of time or anything within this realm). Scientists cannot observe atoms without changing their behavior. You cannot observe the future without changing the course.

please stop i just want people to like me

science fiction for normgroids

Too predictable and could have had a better ending.

>liking saw
>saving reaction images
oh the irony

Holy fuck you absolutely destroyed him

really makes me think

I find it funny and it was in my temp, I haven't saved it consciously.
Your move motherfucker.

>finding it funny
>saving things unconsciously
you're 2 for 2, I don't have to do diddly

If you can't enjoy the Saw franchise for it's pure absurdity then you might hate fun.

If you didn't """get""" this flick, you're a pleb of the highest order.

I could maybe be bothered to watch a 10 minute youtube compilation of the contraptions, but the movies are amateurish, boring, and predictable. your idea of fun is an exercise in brainletism

It was really good

The contraptions are maybe 20% of the fun. Trying to understand the plot is where the rest comes in. Stop thinking that everything has to be challenging or something and realize people can just, you know, enjoy themselves you pretentious cunt.

I think the expression on his face is funny, I don't like Saw series at all.

only biggest pseudointelectuals can actually hate this movie

>You cannot observe the future without changing the course
There is no observing of the future, when she percieves time non linearly she just experiences all of those moments simultaneously because there is no "time".
It isn't like she views a youtube video of her future and then continues on with her life.

only biggest pseudointelectuals can actually love this movie

Really good, as with all of Villeneuve's films

it's easy to understand. some gook and a bunch of others had fun on their time making up the dumbest shit to fill the gaps between contraptions. that's all there is to it, I don't need to waste my time or money

My least favorite of Denis that I've watched. I tried Incendies but it lost my interest pretty quick. So far the list is: Enemy > Sicario > 2049 > Prisoners > Arrival. I enjoyed them all though.

Do you ever wonder why people don't like talking to you?

No however I talk often to your father's wife though

i love sucking cock

Oh man, power through Incendies it gets really fucking disturbing after a pretty boring ending.
For me it's
BR 2049 > Incendies > Arrival > Enemy > Prisoners > Sicario
Similarily to you the lowest it gets for it's 8/10 for Sicario.

*after a pretty boring beginning

brainlet can't even sit through Incendies...wow

>when she perceives
>different than observing
You act like there's a difference. Also again she experiences everything simultaneously. How does it make any sense that only certain memories were available to her before she met the aliens? She should have immediately understood everything going on when they arrived.

Tell me how can a being trapped in a 3 dimensional existence transcend the limitations of perception through time? And that's the other bit. Perceiving is not the same as existing. She does not physically exist simultaneously. This movie becomes more retarded the more anyone tries to dissect it.

>How does it make any sense that only certain memories were available to her before she met the aliens?
Because she didn’t grasp the concept fully yet, she started experiencing it but didn’t fully understand what was happening?
>She should have immediately understood everything going on when they arrived.
Why?
>Tell me how can a being trapped in a 3 dimensional existence transcend the limitations of perception through time?
By an other worldy alien creature teaching her that abstract concept through months of interactions? Again it's pretty damn straightforward, what do you want? An actual real life formula of how non linear time perception is possible?

I don't care for Prisoners, but yeah

>academy awards
>meaning anything

>Sicario last

DUDE ___________ LMAO

it's virtuous mother kino

did anyone else leave the theater with a headache? I loved this movie but the constant loud sounds and extensive use of super close-ups made my head hurt like I just watched man of steel in 3d

It's as straightforward as a fantasy element like the force in Star Wars. It doesn't make sense within the context of reality. The movie purports to take a realistic approach to sci-fi but the concept proposed within the story is so laughable that Arrival cannot be considered anything other than fantasy.

>Why?
Truly you can't be this thickheaded? Why are the memories limited to her future child? Why doesn't she have memories of the aliens she'll meet in the future? The story is contrived. There's no other way of going about it. The movie established that the main character thinks non-linearly before ever meeting the aliens because she will inevitably learn a language which grants her future perception powers and then the story expects the viewer to humor the idea that she only perceives select elements of the future purely for the benefit of the audience so that they may experience another Shyamalan-tier plot twist in action. When I finished watching this flick, I rolled my eyes so hard they damn near left my sockets.