Star vs the Forces of Evil

While everyone else is playing 4D Chutes and Ladders, Toffee is playing 8D Candyland.

So, when do you guys think that cinnamon posting will make its comeback?

Are we ded?

Three more months left! (At best)

Going by those dubs? Season 3.

We've been dead for a while now. Also, technically Season 3 could start in May, some schools in SoCal get out in late May.

ded? no. suffering? Absolutely

Nah, my bet is on late June or early July

You think they're going to bring up RwS again in season 3?

You're probably right, just saying that there ARE schools getting out in late May for Summer.

t. someone from SoCal

How could they show us a Beach Day and then not do a Beach Day Episode!?

Did Star ever really have a chance with Marco?

Probably either summoning Nachos or explain why Marco isn't shit with a sword if I had to guess.

CUTE AND PERFECT

Too lewd for Disney

Best Disney villain of the decade.

YES

Probably when Marco finds out about what Toffee did to Hekapoo, or it Marco summons Nacho('s descendants).

Yeah, still does, technically.

Yes. He found her attractive and enjoyed her company, but she kept referring to him as a friend so he respected her wishes.

RwS is never getting brought up again

>Did

He's a great manipulator, is genuinely menacing when he wants to be, and has managed to beat everyone that gets in his way so far. He's pretty awesome.

Yes, and to be honest, up to Bon-bon her chances were very high. Still high they were up to Just friends.
Now her chances cannot be measured due to the situation turning into a complete chaos + spahghetti + meatballs

Oh shit, I almost forgot to preorder the Guide.
Thank you procrastination, coming to Sup Forums instead of being useful to society saved me once again.

You forgot the spoilered 'CUTE AND PERFECT', user.

If only she hadn't caused them to wipe out. Then Jackie and Marco might not have kissed, Blood Moon might have swooped in just in time to tell Marco that Star was in trouble and now is not the time to make out with skater girls.

It's kind of hilarious though, even when Star was trying to stop Jarco from happening, she helped it happen anyway.

Nacho isn't dead. Time flows normally in Heckapoo's dimension. It's the whole trial for scissors which has this time shit changed in order to not wait too long for the test subject to succeed or to fail.
That's why we see Heckapoo making those scissors - it was 8 minutes for her too

He never showed signs of wanting her in that way and the cube confirmed that Jackie is the one who makes him hard in his heart and pants

you should post the superior version

Spying leads to crying

in-universe, probably no. In S1-2 there's no space in Marco for her as a lover, he had and always wanted Jackie. If Jarco broke up maybe there's a chance for Star.

In the real world, highly likely.

And again Star showed, that cube shit is dumb to some point. 'Cause "you're not lying, if you really believe in what you're saying".

what if star was in your room and it started to smell heavily of cinnamon and she was really quiet and uneasy

These should be as delet worthy as the diaper Jackie pics

Star can create a waterpark right in the middle of the living room. They don't need a beach episode.

Not to mention that if he had any part of him that wanted star at that point, he would have told Jackie in Naysaya

>In the real world, highly likely
What, you mean for the show, or if they were real life people?

Dark magic right there, KILL IT!

>Star was trying to stop Jarco from happening, she helped it happen anyway
When she tried to help Jarco and being just a good friend, that's when the chances for Starco is at its highest, and then the one moment she tried to stop it, she made Jarco happen.

This love story has a certain...rhythm to it.

I hope never

Threads have slowed down a bit and will probably get slower but I don't think we're dead. We're shifting into hiatus mode so the showfags will be leaving and the lore and shitposting fags are setting up shop;

Naysaya is about insequreties though... I think that if you're unaware of something or perfectly fine with it, then you're safe on that something

Okay, I'm gonna attempt a serious discussion.

What the heck was Ruberiot thinking? I mean, even ignoring the Starco part in the end of the song for a minute. He sang about how Ludo stole the book, and how Star told her parents about it, and how "and this is what they said: don't worry we'll cover up for you". I then logically expected him to continue singing about how, despite what her parents told her, Star decided that "rebel princesses don't sit tight", that she does things her way, makes her own spells and spellbook, and is thus going to rule Mewni her own way, etc. You know, to show the "real Star" like he wanted to, and to reassure people. But nope, he just stops there, leaving the audience with the fact that Star fucked up and the Queen fucked up and covered it up and that's it.

Worse, instead he goes on to sing about Star's "true love"... Well, he's not wrong, but a) this is personal, and Star didn't agree to this part, and b) why the fuck would the ordinary people of Mewni want or need to know that?

It's like he wanted to get beheaded, which he will certainly get, having riled people up against the government.

Well yes. Friendzone > Friend Zone With Benefits > Couple

It'll take its time

As in, in context of the show as a show. It's a show about a boy and a girl adventuring together amd growing closer, the chances of the girl getting with the boy is good.

In the world of the show though, Star so far had no chance of getting Marco.

He's an ARTIST MAN

Eh, looking at the show right now, that sounds about right. Slow buildup from best friends to couple seems like the path it's taking right now.

I could see Star and Marco sexually experimenting in real life to be sure but I don't know about a relationship. Marco probably would have been fed up with Star's shit after a while

It was Star's idea for him to sing about how she lost the book.

For all we know, Ruberiot was adamantly against it, but Star gave her solemn vow as a princess that he wouldn't get in trouble.

And speaking of Naysaya. It would have popped out if Marco had intended to use any of the friendhip Thursdays, the beach party or when he invited her to go fishing with him as a romantic date

More likely he's dead.

He rushed to the Blood Moon Ball after Star only after he was told that it's "the Moon of Lovers".
So at least some part of him felt jelly.

Their clothes are still on, so they didn't even get to third base.

Insecurities that would include, "Sometimes I wonder if I love Star more than you and I'm just lying to myself about it"

More like he didn't want Star to get hurt by Tom.

Marco is a regular Captain Save a Ho

If we take the lyrics of 'Just Friends' as a literal play-through of their relationship, then Star could've easily been with Marco. The issue is that she didn't realize it until it was too late. The lyrics imply that Marco had been interested in Star, and that she unintentionally hurt him (probably referring to the aftermath of the BMB, and Star only wanting Marco to be her friend). Now they'll be just friends.

I think it would be pretty interesting to have an episode where star gets sick, and crazy shit happens, kinda like mewberty

He didn't know the difference in power level either. He was just trying to make sure Star was okay.

Considering that Toffee will be chasing after her in Season 3, we'll probably see something like that in a flashback or something instead.

Uhm, I didn't notice she wore shorts under the dress. That shouldn't surprise me tho, seen the skateboard thing

You know, Naysaya talked a lot that day. Judging from the sun position it must be multiple hours. It seems like Marco talked about all his insecurities, and Jackie had accepted, or at least understood, them all.

How would Jackie understanding every insecurities Marco had affect his insecurities? Just Friends showed he still felt insecure regarding his relationship with Jackie, so has that string of confessions that didn't seem to bother Jackie been beneficial at all?

Fair point, but given how Marco is totally blind, deaf and stupid, when it comes to understanding girls, these might not appear in his thoughts

Delete this

He developed new ones, that's all

Why are they letting Marco sit with the royal family?

I suppose it was meant to show just how carried away individuals like him and Star can get, those who have a desire to stand out as an individual and all that. Given we don't know the specifics of what he and Star talked about, we can't come to any meaningful conclusions about what the two of them were expecting to happen.

Perhaps he assumed that, with Star's blessing, he'd be protected from rebuttal no matter the nature of the performance. Given how vaunted the princesses are in Mewnie culture this is the thinking that I most align with. The whole point of the song day is to promote what is to be the next ruler of the kingdom, as such by being in her good favour and doing what she asked (with some artistic license) he likely assumed he'd be protected from any direct repercussions. Had he not left things to the last minute then perhaps he may have realised how dangerous the whole idea was, particularly the last part which Star seemingly didn't discuss with him.

Therein lies his true mistake, it's likely he though he was doing her a favour. I mean in his eyes, why wouldn't Marco be interested in her? She's this seemingly amazing individual with all the wonders that Mewnie has to offer, surely he must just not know of Star's feelings and so he will do Star a favour and get the ball rolling. Howeve,r by not communicating this intention with Star he's dug his own grave as she's going to look to distance herself from him, throw him under the bus so to speak and say that what he revealed was not what she actually intended.

As such, he's got no real leg to stand on in defense, he'd likely be execute, yet he would live on in infamy if nothing else. It's an interesting little feature of the episode in my eyes.

>Worse, instead he goes on to sing about Star's "true love"... Well, he's not wrong, but a) this is personal, and Star didn't agree to this part, and b) why the fuck would the ordinary people of Mewni want or need to know that?

Why wouldn't the people of Mewni want to know about their next king? Ruberiot probably thought they were already a couple, and with what he knew that was honestly not an unreasonable conclusion. He saw them acting very affectionate to each other, and he knew that Marco was getting his own "throne" in the royal seats next to Star and her parents at the concert.

The part about Glossaryck was grade-A stupid on his part, though. Like you said he took the single worst subject to include, and then he tried to make it look as bad as possible AND make Moon and River's response seem like something sinister.

If he was wanting to highlight the bad things Star has had to deal with, her fight with Toffee and having to break her wand would've been a better subject.

What if Jackie's talisman falls off, and that turns her back into mermaid form?

See, now that Toffee is on the chase for Star, all those slice of life episode ideas seem completely out of place. But the show is built on those. How would S3 work then? The threat of Toffee would make it hard to believe Star and Marco can have relatively peaceful and super silly adventures. Marco can, if he chose to leave Star alone, but will he?

I suppose Star can be silly in this tense situation, but I hardly believed that'd be funny.

because hes star's best friend

He's a guest of honor.

Because he is the part of royal family. Even if he is not gonna fug the bug, he'll still be some kind of lord-protector (or how it's called on Mewni). So he's royalty now

The same reason he gets to attend the Butterfly family reunion. River and Moon are already expecting him to marry Star when they're older, even if neither Marco nor Star realizes it.

Post yfw we discover that all the starco development was just fan service for the majority but actually it will never happen because Marco does not reciprocate star's feelings

You could have a few silly episodes mixed in, but even those will have Toffee's shadow looming over them. There will be some filler/silly episodes, but there will be less of them, and more emphasis will be put on the war with Toffee and the chase for Star.

Marco's definitely going after her, though. First episode, I'm betting.

Moon and River are playing 69D Intergalactic Operation when it comes to setting them up.

Ruberiot confirmed for foreigner that just wasn't there.

Is this the virus Monster Arm was referring to? An eternal spring of insecurity, each time seeming calm but hiding a bubbling layer of worries and fears underneath? Will he ever get rid of them?

Perhaps we need...Psychology.

Y'know, I don't think Marco had used his staggering knowledge of psychology to help anyone other than Star. Perhaps she's the only one he knew to be more fucked up than he is.

That would be incredibly silly.

>Now they'll be just friends.

But Marco doesn't have a regal background. He could never be king.

They think he his banging their daughter

Where did they go wrong?

And they are clearly playing with Angie and Rafael

I really want a Marco and Moon team-up episode. He's technically had two with River all ready.

Well, to be fair, before Star, he only had Alfonzo and Ferguson. So who was he going to use it on?

Janna

actually it would be way more angry, but I just felt like posting this one

>Marco can, if he chose to leave Star alone, but will he?
No, the show has two seasons to go. Even if the formula changes to reflect the ending of season 2, the relationship between Marco and Star has to be reconciled in some form as it's one of the major elements of the show.

If nothing else, I could imagine the two of them spending some time apart, but eventually ending up together. Star's personality makes it possible for a lighthearted tone to remain despite the rather grievous events of the season 2 finale. I anticipate a period of episodes where her and Moon train, helping to power Star up to face the looming threat but also to establish the need to go back to some level of normalcy in her life due to the slow but burgeoning positive effects it was having on her.

+1