Best films of 2017?

best films of 2017?
capeshit need not apply

Bladerunner 2049

t. soyboy

Wind River. Open up your notebooks and start writing, kiddos: this right here is what you call "kino."

Best:
1. Ghost Hunting 2. The Woman Who Left 3. El mar la mar 4. Quality Time 5. On the Beach at Night Alone
6. Dark Night 7. Rey 9. Sleep Has Her House 10. Voyage of Time (Blanchett version) 11. Good Time

Worst(no order):
Get Out, Baby Driver, Blade Runner 2049, Logan, The Big Sick, Okja, Don't Kill It
Columbus, Beauty and The Beast, Atomic Blonde, Kuso, Power Rangers, The Bad Batch

But every film this year was capeshit. Oh well. Thread closed. Do not reply

>people unironically praising euroshite

1. NFY: Finding Frances
2. Lady Bird
3. Good Time
4. Florida Project
5. Call Me By Your Name

HMs: BR2049, Get Out, Loveless

Unseen Contenders: 3 Billboards, Disaster Artist, Shape of Water, Phantom Thread, The Square

MOTY: Murder on the Orient Express.

>cruz
>dafoe
>dench
>depp
>pfeiffer
awesome
>ridley
DROPPED

I am not interested in any of the others until I see Haneke's Happy End.

How is this?

it's a lukewarm year for japan and korea so there's basically nothing worth watching

You either have an excellent private tracker, are a professional/semi professional critic who gets to go to the best festivals,or are lying through ur teeth if you've been able to see all of that.

Sorry to say it's a bit of disappointment for Haneke, but it's also not as empty and cynical as some of the vocal and negative criticism has made it out to be.

where the fuck do you even watch half of these?

>Murder on the Orient Express.
Is that movie comfy?

It is highly comfy but not a great film.

Good Time

What's wrong with it? I miss slow comfy movies.

Terrible film, the plot is horribly driven.

>Okja
>tfw a bunch of top tier korean directors fell for the hollywood meme and spent years making mediocre movies
thank god most of them have gone back to korea by now

>he didn't get Kuso
Pleb

HHhH

Pacing isn't great, direction is just OK. There are only 1 or 2 really interesting shots in the whole movie and there's a few scenes which serve no purpose but to make the film a little longer.

On the plus side the cast is very talented (you don't see enough of them aside from Brannagh, in fact) and they clearly made the film with a lot of respect for Christie's source material. It's only a 5.5/10 but it's comfy and comes off as an old-timey film which is nice and refreshing today.

This. It felt sort of like “when are they going to leave the station” all the way until it was over. As a result, it was like a fifteen minute YouTube clip of kinda nice shots of mountains

How come nobody liked Okja? It was sweet.

Previous version better? You ever see that? The 70s one..

I like Death on the Nile a lot. Comfy.

She's watching a blank screen

The Disaster Artist is a trip

Cure for wellness was fun and Dunkirk was my shit