Rebooting DC Films

Cast the DC heroes and villains and how you would make a 5 year plan for movies starting in 2020

>batman: Jake gyllenhall
>superman: keep cavill
>wonder woman: cobie smulders
>green lantern: idris elba
>aquaman: alexander skaesgard
>Flash: Ryan gosling
>Lex: Billy Zane
>Zod: Kazuki Kitamura
>Joker: tom cruise

>actors make the movie good.
Lol.

director: Jackie Chan

i'd probably just make a bunch of one-off batman movies with different casts and creative teams. nobody gives a fuck about goddamn green lantern. give me a gotham by gaslight movie, or batman beyond with michael keaton as old bruce.

I said this before but basically recasting Batman as someone younger, in his late 20’s. Replace Cyborg with Martian Manhunter, Hawkman, or even Hawkwoman like they did in the cartoon. Make solo movies for the lesser known characters like Martian Manhunter and a trinity movie since everyone knows about the big three. Then end phase one with a team up movie. Also more focus on the batfamily and other batman characters. Phase two should introduce new and even lesser known characters like Green Arrow, Zatanna, the Question, Animal Man etc. Also, like another user said, the DC cinematic universe growing along with Batman. It starts with Batman in his first year and ends with his death or passing on his legacy to someone else like Batman Beyond.

You can't.
Its over, Snyder tried to make art and people just spit on his face.
Fuck everything and learn to enjoy the thrice yearly Marvel comedies.

batman - Roman Reigns
superman - arnie hammer
wonder woman - the girl from mission impossible rogue nation
green lantern - Ryan Gosling
Aquaman - Clint Eastwoods son
Flash - Michael B Jordan
Lex Luther - Jason Statham
Darksied - Terry Crews
Joker - Nic Cage

I'd pay to see Cruise full speed sprinting in Joker makeup, I'd watch Fast Joker

>Snyder tried to make art
Kek

>John Stewart

Dropped. Should be Hal in all honesty.

I could see Scott Eastwood as Aquaman or Batman

>5 year plan for movies starting in 2020

>Year One: make pleb-tier capeshit with a predictable plot and a disposable villain played by a well-known actor
>Year Two: make pleb-tier capeshit with a predictable plot and a disposable villain played by a well-known actor
>Year Three: make pleb-tier capeshit with a predictable plot and a disposable villain played by a well-known actor
>Year Four: make pleb-tier capeshit with a predictable plot and a disposable villain played by a well-known actor
>Year Five: make pleb-tier capeshit with a predictable plot and a disposable villain played by a well-known actor

Capeshit cannot be reformed. You aim low, and you stay there, because that's where the money and the fans IQs are.

Scott Eastwood should be Jason Todd

Let Bruce Timm take over as creative consultant and let George Miller or Sam Raimi take on directing duties.

A Batman film set in the 1940s would be fun.

Or maybe you make start with the pleb-tier capeshit to build a sound fanbase so then you have the liberty to make better movies. Marvel can make the shittiest movies and people will still defend them because they have a large fan base.

That would actually be cool, and then the modern Batman could be Terry.

Snyder tried to make what he thought looked cool with a vague religious element, and most sane, rational people thought it sucked.

>cobie Smulders
KINO

>you have the liberty to make better movies
>better movies

When the fuck did this happen?

>sane, rational people

HAHA, fuck you WB, you can't full me

Can they fool you though?

This. Some more period piece superhero movies would be cool.

gaddamnit, I'm an idiot. I want to blame my phone but that was a total brain fart

ill just have to keep jumping timelines till i get to this.

Take me with you :3

Your pic says it all really. The Magnificent 7 just as they are, nothing more nothing less. The actors whoever they are (no fags, dykes are ok if necessary) need to look almost exactly like in that Alex Ross pic. I want all of them in the team I mean ALL of them yes that means Martian Manhunter you shit for brains cancerous writers from Planet Hollywood, I don't want some shitty lame ass excuse/insult as to why it can't be done. Each of these magnificent 7 characters has decades of meaning this shit was around before most everyone now alive was even born, give the source material the utmost respect, that can't be stressed enough.

I'll say that I mostly like the Snyder films I'd rather they simply tweak the cast they have already and it'd be fine. The best course forward is to:

1. change the mindset and scale of the budget for these films, they need to do more with less since their characters are not going to be at the same level of popularity as others for whatever the reasons so they need to understand that it will be successful enough if they can hit all the right marks and use their chips wisely.

and 2. always, ALWAYS cater to the corefanbase rule #1. When scores of people are asking for Martian manhunter to be in the JLA film, look past the outer shell and realize that the people saying these things are saying it for very, very good reasons.

If DC recasts Flash with someone who's not a faggot, if they add Green Lantern (use Kyle and have artistic constructs) Martian Manhunter and add a few more female members to the league like say Zatanna, Powergirl and Black Canary for example they'll have enough content for a sufficiently extended series of films with rotating members like Plastic man, Mr. Terrific etc.

For Justice League 2, just have Snyder do his thing and let him finish his part II to his liking, I imagine that an unrestrained Snyder would do Darkseid justice. If it bombs reboot like I mentioned in the beginning of this post.

Do you guys actually think Snyder is good or are you memeing? He makes beautiful looking movies but that’s pretty much it. He’s more fit as a cinematographer than a director.

meh list but aquaman and lex are on point

Keep the current slate but use Flashpoint to reboot and change everything. This is WB's best and most useful option.

I do, I can't stand his other movies didn't even care to watch 300 and I tried to watch Suckerpunch but it sucked so bad that I had to turn it off after like 10 minutes of that piece of shit. But Snyder's MoS BvS and even most of JL really isn't that bad for me. I mean it's not like these same actors are going to be playing these parts forever, eventually people get old and they'll have to reboot anyway and I rather like Snyder's take on DC characters his action sequences and storylines are things I never thought I'd get tosee in my lifetime. I never thought a JL film would ever get made it seemed so far fetched for so long.

When I treid to watch that garbage Sucker Punch it really surprised me that Snyder directed that because I had seen Watchmen I think and was impressed by it enough to try and watch other films in his filmography and Suckerpunch was so fucking shitty it was amazing how awful it was, it was like psychological torture for me.

Say what you will about his films, Snyder's stuff isn't perfect but he's fulfilling a lot of fanboy's wet dreams with MoS, BvS and JL.

Year 1
>Batman: No origin story, everyone knows it already; Black Mask and Penguin systematically take out various crime lords before warring for Gotham
>Superman: Lex Luthor starts seeing patterns alluding to an alien presence on Earth gathering information (Brainiac); no-one believes him but reporter Clark Kent
Year 2
>Wonder Woman: Circe and Deimos use modern tech to plot against the amazons to open Tartarus and resurrect Ares; after stopping them Diana is made diplomat to the outside world so they don't get taken by surprise like that again
>Green Lantern: Abin-Sur crash lands on Earth while hunting Atrocitus, and teams up with Hal Jordan (who gets his ring when he dies halfway through)
Year 3
>Batman 2: With the crime lords dead and Black Mask and Penguin imprisoned, Joker, Riddler, and Ivy quickly fill the power vacuum
>Superman 2: Doomsday hunts for Superman but Bizarro is not on the case to help him
Year 4
>The Flash: Some retard called Captain Boomerang pulls off heists with near-prescient proficiency, thanks to help from Professor Zoom trying to lure out Barry
Year 5
>Justice League Apocalypse: Supergirl crashes into Gotham bay, Bats and Supes fight over what to do with her, Amazons take her to train her and teach her to control her powers. Darkseid's forces (who GL was following) kidnap her, they need Flash's speed to piggyback on their motherbox, the five of them go to Apokolips to save her.
>Plastic Man: Pic related the movie

Use lesser known actors for the roles in order to maximise budget for cinematography and effects and not fall victim to scheduling bullshit. It's Batman, not Ben Affleck, who puts seats in asses. Follow with more solo films to expand the potential JLA roster and build up villains for future Suicide Squad and Legion of Doom films. Second Justice League film five years down the line involves Lex, Waller, and Argus using Batman's contingency plans to take them down, and them forming the League in response.

This is gay.

Did you watch The Killing Joke or Batman and Harley? Timm's completely lost his fucking mind.

>Each of these magnificent 7 characters has decades of meaning this shit was around before most everyone now alive was even born, give the source material the utmost respect, that can't be stressed enough.
You realise that years and years ago people were saying exactly the same kind of stuff about Alan Scott and Jay Garrick, right?

That part in Xmen Origins where it shows Wolverine and Sabretooth in all the different wars was fucking cool. Would've been way better than the movie, which is still the worst capeshit I've ever seen.

>Cast the DC heroes and villains
The thing is the actors aren't the issue. The issue, which is also true for 99 percent of Marvel films, is treating "superhero film" as a genre unto itself. Instead of just making movies that happen to have superheros in them. Consider that The Dark Knight is essentially Heat starring Batman. Or Thor Ragnarok is a Taika Waititi comedy, albeit one of his weaker ones, that happens to star Thor. I'm having a hard time thinking of other superhero films that felt like actual films rather than board room products.

DC should consider making lower budgeted films (70-90M) and giving interesting filmmakers more free reign. And no Zack Snyder, James Wan, and Patty Jenkins are not the least bit interesting. Gareth Evans is a good hire for Deadshot but I doubt that actually let him make his style of action film. Also the other directors they're choosing are various shades of bland (Todd Phillips for a Joker movie?).

my line up:

Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Green Lantern, Flash, Vixen, Martian Manhunter

year one:
Batman
Wonder Woman

year two:
Superman
Justice League

year three:
Flash
Green Lantern

year four:
Vixen
Wonder woman: Challenge of the Gods

year five:
World's Finest: The Fourth World
Justice League II: Apokolips Now

Martian Manhunter, Darkseid and all other humanoid aliens are not going to be CGI.

This thread is about Justice League, thought that was clear enough.