X-Men Gold #1 Preview

>X-MEN GOLD #1
>MARC GUGGENHEIM (W) • ARDIAN SYAF (A/C)
>HIP-HOP VARIANT CoVER BY ANDRE LEROY DAVIS
>VARIANT COVER BY David Marquez
>CORNER BOX VARIANT COVER BY LEONARD KIRK
>VARIANT COVER BY BILLY MARTIN
>VARIANT COVER BY TBA
>YOUNG VARIANT COVER BY SKOTTIE YOUNG
>FROM THE ASHES OF INHUMANS VS X-MEN, AN ALL-NEW TEAM OF X-MEN RISES! Xavier’s dream comes full circle as KITTY PRYDE takes the reins and assembles a squad of the most iconic X-Men to fight at her side. STORM. COLOSSUS. NIGHTCRAWLER. OLD MAN LOGAN. PRESTIGE. They are X-MEN GOLD! And they’re on a mission to be Earth’s finest heroes, even when that means defending those who hate and fear them. Brought to you by an all-star creative team of Marc Guggenheim (X-MEN, S.H.I.E.L.D., television’s Arrow) and Ardian Syaf (BATGIRL, SUPERMAN/BATMAN, BRIGHTEST DAY), a new beginning for the strangest heroes of all starts here!
>40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2aegP8j5al0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That's not a real cover. That is so not a real cover.

WTF!!!

>PRESTIGE
Who?

>Guggenheim

Must be some funny joke Logan's whispering to Storm.

>the most iconic X-Men

Probably talking about Black Bolt's TV costume.

I can't believe they made Rachel wear that abomination. It's so ugly and out of character.

>Kitty Pryde is the leader
>Guggenheim
Can anyone say "dead on arrival"?

dead on arrival

How does Guggenheim keep getting work?

Why did Colossus shave? Does something happen to him during IvX that completely shatters his ego?

>how about a fuck for old times' sake?
>BWAAAAHAAAAHAAAA

I GET IT!

NO I DON'T

This looks safe...and boring. Nothing in this preview appeals to me. Guggenheim wrote two decent episodes of Law and Order: SVU, but I'm not a fan of his comic work. His short run on Young X-Men was a mess, and he's obsessed with Rachel shit.

There was a thing for a day or two about people being upset Deadpool wouldn't get an Oscar.

youtube.com/watch?v=2aegP8j5al0

Guggenheim sucks and I hope to god it's not long before that Rachel costume and codename (Premiere) are done away with and we just get butch Rachel again. Since she'll never have the Phoenix Force again as well, either call her Askani or just get rid of any code names for her completely.

>he's obsessed with Rachel shit.
It wouldn't be X-Men if the writer didn't have a creepy obsession with a female character

Post the original so I know how well its parodying

>Terrax
Seems like a pretty random character for the X-Men to be fighting. He's a former Herald of Galactus, usually he only ever fights the FF of cosmic heroes.
It's a pity that his life as a farmer didn't last.

>MARC GUGGENHEIM (W)

Can't they get his wife? She's actually good

Why is old-fag logan's claws copy-pasted?

That is literally Darksied.

The writer must have been reading Nu52 'seid.

>dead on arrival

Call back from when everyone thought they were implants, so they drew them like razors?

I will say Syraf has improved 100% since this time at DC. His art looks dynamic and pops off the page. Far cry from his stiff poses he was producing on Batgirl.

No company wars, please.

Danger room sequence. Marvel is still pretty careful about jobbing out Galactus' heralds.

I like this. Villains farming. So...Why am I supposed to side with the X-Men over these two, who are actually contributing something productive to the world. The X-Men go around destroying shit, arguing over Phoenixes, and having casual sex with team members.

That not company wars to point out something obvious like Syraf producing the best art in his career for X-Men Gold.

Toughen up buttercup.

I enjoyed Guggenheim work in this mini.

What company wars? Are your feelings that delicate?

But it is. Many artists who ruled at DC suck at Marvel. Deal with it, "buttercup."

>Tara Butters
There's your answer.

Christ you have thin skin. All he did was point out that Syraf is better than he was in the past. Quit being a triggered baby.

>Tara Butters
If you ask me, Tara Butters needs to lay off the butter!

What's the deal of many heroins cutting their hair short and become less feminine and girly ? First carol and now Kitty too

She had short hair before, but now it's seen as sjw dyke shit.

It's something women generally do as they get older so if you do it with a character you add a visual maturity to them. There's a reason it's called a "mom cut". It's not less feminine unless you just can't draw hair well.

It seems like Marvel has a very anti-feminine feminism. They have deeply internalized misogyny, and so see feminine traits as weak. Thus, in order to write strong female characters, they have those characters cast off femininity. long hair, revealing clothes, that stuff is removed in order to make the characters strong. They also punch a lot, out of the belief that masculine violence empowers women

Unfortunately, Marvel also tries to appeal to their modern fanbase, which is aimless twenty somethings who are either unemployed, underemployed, or perpetually in college, and have no real drive or ambition. So the characters are made to be more relatable to our fucking failure generation. This is exemplified by Patsy Walker. A strong, experienced woman, she had been a superhero for yeas, a super model, she had literally been to hell and back. Literally. But she's turned into a fucking baby woman who has breakdowns in Starbucks restrooms because she doesn't know what to do with her life.

So Marvel is purposefully removing all positive feminine traits from female characters, but not actually replacing them positive male traits. We have a generation of female superheroes who are violent and angry, but not caring or nurturing. Toxic masculinity is Marvel's paradigm of female empowerment

> Marvel: Not content with mediocre white and latino artists, brings true diversity to the world with paying some black schmuck from Source Magazine to put out shitty artwork!

Did Kitty cut off her hair and donate it to Storm?

My god, this makes sense!

interesting post.

Keep in mind that Marvel just follows the latest political trends. So if Marvel acts a certain way it's only because they're imitating the wider trends in feminist thought. which are as fucked up as you said.

Twenty four