Recommend Black Cartoonists

I was thinking the other day about how Asians are drawn in western cartoons and how westerners are drawn in Asian cartoons (an interesting topic worthy of its own thread) and it occurred to me that I can't think of any black cartoonists other than pic related.

Does Sup Forums know of any good African artists/animators/webcomic creators?

If not, any speculation as to why so few seem to be well known?
> inb4 racism: there's gotta be a better reason in something as low-budget as comics. Plus I can't believe racism would explain the seeming lack of black webcomics
> inb4 "yes there are, you just haven't heard of 'em 'cause you're white." Yeah, asshole. That's what this thread is for. Post them you faggot.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=840z57sGCyU
youtube.com/watch?v=yi85Wx27esI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ronald Wimberly is my favorite black cartoonist. Prince of Cats is a genuine masterpiece.

Can people recommend black creators that don't make shit about "the struggle", racism, and nigger culture shit?

some of the Milestone Comics people probably

If you don't want to know about the Black experience, what's the point of asking for a black recomendations?

Is felipe smith black?

Not only did George Herriman avoid bringing up black culture, he actually tried to hide his black heritage and he pretended to just be an "ethnic" white.

Perfect for scaredy-cats like you.

Im curious if there are some that actually make something different than the tired bullshit that I've listed.

Lamar Abrams, Marguerite Abouet, Damion Scott, Ronald Wimberly

>Perfect for scaredy-cats like you.
What did he mean by this?

Steven Universe Harvey

You're a little crazy, and I wanted to mention cats.

People who are afraid of hearing about the black struggle, cracker.

But I'm not afraid of hearing it, just tired. I'm not even white.

He was black?

Well, okay then. You got your answer, now go read Krazy Kat. It's by a black author but it's not about the black struggle.

You'll start right now, yes?

He meant that black people are kept down man, and everything has to be a recollection of how black people are abused and demeaned by white people (and only white people) etcetera etcetera ad infinitum ad nausium.

Mixed race. Which was considered black back then. He tried to hide the fact that he was "colored" however he could.

Partially Black, but he lived in the era of One Drop == Entirely Black.

Why is everything by black people about 'the struggle'? What struggle? To struggle is to live.

/po/ is the worst cancer.

Truly, the best judge of the character of a man is how he folds his paper.

What?

>>>Why is everything by black people about 'the struggle'?
>>Here is an example of something by a black person which ISN'T about 'the struggle'.
>Okay, but why is everything by black people about 'the struggle'?
Maybe you have brain damage.

>Gets recommended various comics from black creators aren't about the race struggle
>Why is everything by black people about 'the struggle'?
Please go back to pol.

You forgot your L, sir.

you made a typo and referenced an unrelated board, /po/ is paper crafts and shit

/po/ papercraft and oragami, the scum of the earth.

I dont know if you have been in the bait theads sinde the elections but for what i have seen comies, antifa, tumblr and black supremacists are bigger cancer to Sup Forums than Sup Forums.

There is no struggle. Niggers just like complaining and blaming everyone else for their own failures. Git gud like the asians.

Hmm, look at that, I very well might if I misread your post that horribly.
However one is not various.

>tumblr and black supremacists are bigger cancer to Sup Forums than Sup Forums.
see

Will you faggots all stop yammering about ?

There are people on Sup Forums who are either racist or mind-numbingly insensitive to issues of race. Big whoop. Stop giving them attention for it.

I don't want this to be another thread that devolves into a racial argument. I just want some black cartoonists to read. Doesn't matter whether it's about the "struggle" or not. Post some damn pages.

I don't think that you'll find "the struggle" in Kyle Baker's "The Cowboy Wally Show" or "Why I Hate Saturn".

> felipe wants to be hardcore but readers won't let him

I would but Sup Forums is very weird when it comes to peepo choo.

>Stop giving them attention for it.
Why? People are actually giving me interesting recommendations now.

You should stop by antifa threads, because if you dare to disagre about violence to silence political oponents your argument will be ignored, you will be called a nazi and worthy of assaulting. That one Sup Forums poster simply stated something regardless of its validity.

>However one is not various.
>one

Why even bother making a thread if you are not even to read the replies.

I hope not, 'why I hate Saturn' sounds rather interesting.

Do you have more?

youtube.com/watch?v=840z57sGCyU

Here's another reccomendation. Black Dynamite from Adult Swim. Though I originally liked the live-action movie, this is also pretty damn good.

You know, Booker T eventually went back on the Atlanta compromise speech and started secretly donating to the NAACP so they could fuck with Jim Crow laws. And he mostly made that speech in the first place because people like you would panic whenever black people brought up pertinent issues like not being able to fucking vote.

Jimmie Robinson, mastermind behind Bomb Queen, is black.

Anyone have any download links for this? I'm interested to read it, but I've had no luck finding it anywhere.

see:

This is enough for now. I'm satisfied.

I would expect as much, however I always wondered why black americans insisted on staying in a racist nation when they could have had a much more tolerant life somewhere in africa. Never mind the democrats would lose everything.

But it's literally satirical 100% of the time.

But a handful? I suppose it will do as an introduction. I did find out Kyle Baker di work for 'class of 3000' so that's nice.

The quote is still true.

If you wanted a reasoned discussion and good advice, then you've clearly come to the wrong place.

is right though. Black Dynamite is the shit, no matter how many people tell him he ain't shit.

Southeast Asia and India are largely poor as hell and fucked up. They also happened to be heavily colonized in the past, just like most of Africa. Funny coincidence, isn't it?

that would imply black people have the money to leave everything behind to go to africa.

This guy's kinda well known. He's working on his show for Cartoon Network, but I haven't actually seen an official greenlight for a full series just yet.

Im talking about niggers in the US complaining. they have no excuses.

Do fundraisers not exist? Are charities forbidden? Never mind those determined find a way, the KKK themselves would have funded it.

Well, I mean, there was Liberia, but that was a relatively short-lived project

Basically, they stayed for the same reason that nobody actually moves to Canada when the election goes wonky. Moving to a new city is hard. Moving to a new country is difficult. And moving to a new country across the ocean where they don't speak English is really, really difficult. And that's not even taking into account that a lot of freed blacks were sharecroppers, which made, like, super minimum wage.

Daily Reminder that the best-selling comic book of 2017 has a black author.

That is half the truth my friend.
Never mind the newly freed negros that founded Liberia wasted no time enslaving the locals.

Granted post civil-war negros had very little room to make the trip to africa, however come the 1900s the 60s especially, what stopped them? Thanks to colonialism english was more widely spoken in africa and they were in relatively the same position and had sympathy. And finally yes it is difficult, but if you continue to stay with your "oppressors" they can't be that bad, remember the white folk that founded this land often did so with the clothes on their back and a contract.

Try about a hundred years worth of cultural brainwashing that the South did in order to convince everyone that their cash cow business wasn't morally reprehensible.

because like most southern white americans. They just want a handout.

What did OP expect when he made this thread

What comic?

That's not particularly impressive since it's only the beginning of March.

Also which book?

Care to elaborate? You seem to think that the KKK was an entirely southern group, I bet you think they were republican too. And I assume that's a dig that most people on welfare are white no? Would you care to look at those numbers again but per capita?

I think Fred Perry of Gold Digger is black? There's like 2 pictures that might be him, but I can't find anything attached to official sites.

He's got a blog for lewds called thebootydoc on tumblr

You're the sort of guy who'd criticize a wife who stayed with an abusive husband, aren't you?

OP expected black cartoonists he hadn't heard of, and OP so far is getting exactly what he wanted (despite everything).

Good job so far guys. Keep it up.

March.

Ironically, March.

Olivier Coipel, Sanford Greene, Brian Stelfreeze, LeSean Thomas, Ryan Benjamin, M.D. Bright, Khary Randolph.

Source: I actually read comics and have attended cons.

Of course. If he hurts you and you're still with him you're part of the problem.

It was already topping lists at the half end of last year, it's called March

liberia was hilarious
the former slaves get sent to africa and start enslaving the natives because they have at least some degree of western education.

LeSean is cool but does he actually do anything these days? I know he helmed some show and worked on Black Dynamite but that's all I know about

It was A best-seller in 2016, but only in 2017 is it THE best-seller.

Why was this post deleted?

I think Albert Temple, the guy who makes Gene Catlow is black, but the photo I found of him might have been some other guy with the same name

beacuse they made their own societies in America? I like how this has veered in this direction even though OP mocked the "struggle"

You know, some black people actually like America and just want to be able to have a normal life.

Never mind that the people who fuck us over tend to be the same people that want us to leave, and running from the country that you fucking grew up in is generally not something you want to do.

Don't play clueless or innocent. Just fuck off, please.

Really, what rule was violated?

Probably just for off-topic, OP just wanted reccs not a societal discussion

He's almost exclusively working in animation now. He has a new series in the works, but still likes to pretend he'll release the nearly complete Cannonbusters gn he's been sitting on for a decade.

Gonna toss in Darryl Banks because he lives near me and has always been a stand up guy when I chat with him.

Ah, well thank you for proving that you're clearly making your arguments without a scratch of sympathy for people who've had different lives than you.

Yes and? Societies that are largely composed of their oppression at the hands of the whiteman and a hodgepodge of african culture they don't fully understand, albeit harlem was nice they don't have much positive sulture to them here other than that, africa promised a new start.
>You know, some black people actually like America and just want to be able to have a normal life.
You can make that argument now, and there's nothing to stop them, but from the 1860s onward, what is there to like?
>Never mind that the people who fuck us over tend to be the same people that want us to leave
Do you not see the connection?
>and running from the country that you fucking grew up in is generally not something you want to do
Hmm, stay in the place you grew up in that hates you or go to your ancestral home land that is largely supportive? Once upon a time it wasn't much of a choice.

Why should I give sympathy when I can give solutions? Pity will not shelter her from a blow, distance and shelter will, however this cannot happen if she insists on staying.

>tfw we'll never get more Animation Pals 'cause Ian JQ's too busy working on OK K.O.! and Pen Ward's too busy doing... whatever the hell he's been up to
youtube.com/watch?v=yi85Wx27esI

poor white southerns blames black for their problems. Poor black southerns blame white for their problems.

>I bet you think they were republican too.
I bet you think that republicans and democrats hadn't had a political shift about 60 years ago.

>tfw we'll never get more Animation Pals 'cause Ian JQ's too busy working on OK K.O.! and Pen Ward's too busy eating tendies and jerking off on a huge pile of money...

Everyone blames everyone, more at eleven, the real question is who's right?
You are correct.
Because there is no shift.

Oh shit that reminds me of the guy (Mario Gully apparently) behind Ant. What a fucking ride that was.

Shame he dropped out of the game, the story was a cacophony of nonsense but there's a market for that sort of thing with the right angle.

By the 1900-60's they were even further removed from Africa. I'm not even sure what your main point is here. Even if you're hated in the US, it's still better than living over there?

>By the 1900-60's they were even further removed from Africa.
How so?
>Even if you're hated in the US, it's still better than living over there?
I don't see how, Africa was pretty ok in a lot of places around that time, all the shit hit the fan when the europeans left.

I feel like there's alot because it turning out that X artist is black keeps happening.

It's always funny to hear people that flunked Black History month try to talk as if they know anything. There WERE fundraisers and charities and entire movements of black people trying to get back to africa. If you think trying to get millions of people onto another continent is cheap and can outpace the amount of people born then you're a fucking idiot.

>your ancestral home land that is largely supportive?
My families were on this continent before it the United States was born as a nation in some cases. This is my ancestral homeland, just as much as any white American's. I don't see why black people aren't reeeally American or some such nonsense qualifier.

Also:
Bahahah
>ahahahaha

If you think Native Africans and African Americans have a relationship described as "largely supportive," you've got another thing coming.

All in all, has the right sentiment. Contrary to what race-baiting on both sides of media will tell you, a lost of black people just want to carry on with their life just like every other sort of American. We don't need anyone, particularly not two sides of the same non-black coin, trying to psychoanalyze us using not any real base of black people to study from, but the extrapolations you get from media. That's what makes race politics so frustrating. It's extrapolations of extrapolations. It's like liberals and well, not conservatives but Sup Forumsacks alike don't actually know any substantial amount of black people.

And they don't have to! I'm not saying they need to get more involved in anything. Sparta words it concisely.
>Should we come to you as friend or foe?
>Neither.

We're just people. There's no preset affiliation you need to make with us. If blacks as a whole were treated like people and not blocs or virtue signalling posts, the cancerous bullshit within the demographics subculture could get excised properly at least.

>If you think trying to get millions of people onto another continent is cheap and can outpace the amount of people born then you're a fucking idiot.
Hey, we've sent armies across the sea before, commit to your actions.

>but Sup Forumsacks alike don't actually know any substantial amount of black people.

Reminds me of when Sup Forums tried to infiltrate black twitter by imitating them but it just lead to Sup Forums being mocked and memed on because their impersonations where blatently obvious because they nothing.

I seem to recall the last time we did that being so expensive it helped sink the global economy.

Most black Americans don't know the slightest thing about Africa. Most think about Africa the same way most whites think about Africa; as a desert filled with starving children who have no water and live in thatch huts who speak in clicks and whistles. For most blacks, being sent back to Africa is a threat. In fact, it's a topic that comes up every single election. Even the ones won by former president Obama. So, why would they go there of their own volition? Why don't you go live in Africa, user? Because you don't fucking want to. No one fucking wants to. African Americans are American. They may not be dick waving patriots, but most Americans aren't. They believe that America can improve. Like most Americans do. Why don't they go to [country or continent] if they don't like how America treats them? Because America is all about improvement. Your argument doesn't make sense. "Go to Africa :^)" isn't really an argument and if I had a fucking dollar for every time I've heard it, I'd actually have enough money to ship my fucking ass to Africa in first class.