TROPES YOU HATE

>Superhero can easily beat his entire Rogue's gallery at once
Why even HAVE supervillains if they're no harder to beat than regular criminals?
a proper supervillain should be a serious challenge for a hero
2 physical supervillains teamed up should give the hero one HELL of a fight, and two genius types teamed up should make a whoel arc's worth of trouble
supervillains are not crowd-fillers for brawls

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Cvvze5m5juE
oglaf.com/dimorphism/
youtube.com/watch?v=2KWeKZyxEZA
youtube.com/watch?v=YmIaL2BK1Zk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>being this buttflustered at the lego movie

ok

What? No, LEGO (Batman?) movie was fine because it was a parody. its silly on purpose as a joke.
I'm talking about more serious superhero media.

Any "challenge" is purely in your mind. The hero is going to win regardless.

well duh, none of this is ACTUALLY real

The joke where characters are sneaking around and one of them signals the other(s) by doing motions with their hands that look over the top
Then the other character(s) just looks at them with confusion
Then they decide to just do things the simple way

its one of the most used not funny jokes in animation, I see it in almost everything and its never funny, it just pads time

Oh look. This thread again. Welp, let's get 'em out of the way now...

>nerds are weak, submissive, and friendly
>jocks are dumb violent bullies
>"BUT IF YOU KILL HIM THEN YOU'LL BE NO BETTER THAN HIM!!"
>guy tries to be in multiple places at once
>"The only way to save the world is by killing everyone!"
>"I don't want these powers. I just want to be normal"
>elemental character makes puns based on their element
>the fire and ice duo are always locking horns
>boys vs girls episode
>everyone in the city either LOVES the hero or they all HATE the hero; only one person in the entire city has the opposite opinion

>Hero's about to deliver the final blow
>Some idiot stops him with a 'Kill the villain and you'll be as worse as him' speech

>character gets increasingly exhausted from sleep deprivation
>they eventually pass out from sheer exhaustion
>they wake up a few minutes later and are completely well rested for the rest of the episode

>Inverse Ninja Rule
Yeah, that one is really funny.
Also when they are chivalrous enough, to attack the hero one by one instead of doing a wombo combo.

Well, you say that...

I'm pretty sure the "hero beats the whole rogues gallery" trope plays more on the fact that the villains are inherently selfish and self-centered, and thus are shit at teamwork, getting in each other's way and what-not.

>joke/weak character gets the girl
Worst shit

>slapstick heavy show
>any female characters are mostly, if not entirely exempt from slapstick

This is why I couldn't take Batman: The Brave and The Bold seriously. I tuned in to a random episode and not only were the Phantom Stranger and the Spectre arguing over who got to suck Bat's dick, but he effortlessly soloed his entire rogue's gallery when they were all in one room to gang up on him. Where is there to go from there? He's invincible. Story over.

I can't tell if this is ironic or if you really watched Chill of the Night and thought the villain fights were the important part

The mere existence of leaders.
A group must always have a leader, even if that title is informal, because it merely indicates that he is the main character.
It also means that the smart guy or the strong guy can never be leaders, even if it is apparent that they are better suited at this job.

Also no matter how large the group is, be it 5 or 15, there is always one girl who almost always doubles up as the MC's love interst. Recent developments increased the girl ratio as 2 per group, but my fucking /u/ folder won't fill up alone on itself.

>Characters argue, oblivious to a background event that solves the problem.

Unless the background event is REALLY funny, it just serves to pad out time and listening to arguments is rarely fun or interesting.

>A group must always have a leader, even if that title is informal, because it merely indicates that he is the main character.
Sokka isn't the main character.
Hes the leader and comedic relief, while only being a secondary protagonist.

>Character is suspicious of someone, usually with good reason
>Other character is mad at them for not believing everything they say
>This is presented as a problem of trust rather than a problem of ignoring evidence

>sokkafags
Ugh

Yeah yeah, Bats finds the guy who killed his parents, very deep, yadda yadda. More important was the fact that he was somehow the most important person on the face of the planet to two immortals and was shown to be able to take his entire rogue's gallery out at once with about as much effort as I need to toss a wrapper into the trash can. When the protag is that much more powerful than his rogues I lose interest. There's no drama when he is utterly unstoppable unless it's all in fun, and the episode was deadly serious.

What are you ugh-ing about?
I just stated a fact pointing out something that goes against what you hate.

>I couldn't take Batman: The Brave and The Bold seriously
were you supposed to?

>Female characters can't have overly exaggerated expressions because it would make them look too ugly

>Much younger or older version of character
>Has the exact same hair and clothing style

Im not that user.

Christ we're predictable.

>character recaps an event in the same episode it happens

The whole story is in your mind you dip.

Still, what are you ugh-ing about?

>>"BUT IF YOU KILL HIM THEN YOU'LL BE NO BETTER THAN HIM!!"
kek

>limited wardrobes
I liked the Weekenders for averting this one.

>A group must always have a leader, even if that title is informal
That's usually how real life works tho.

[WATCH JINGLE INTENSIFIES]

>evil character tries to join the good guys
> the good guys are a bunch of assholes to him
> he returns to evil because of this

>>evil character tries to join the good guys
Why don't they just become normal instead? Or a informant? A fighter just switching sides is kinda stupid in normal contexts.

>Character who uses a bow is a scrawny agile bastard or a woman
When will this meme die? A longbow requires some seriously arm and back muscles to draw?

I understand it's a different type of bow but the skinny Asian archery girls at the Olympics are probably what most people think about

>Protagonist finds out about X place
>His pals or something else stops him from reaching there

>Portal open up
>Demons or other kind of enemies comes out
>Instead of actually going into the portal, it's get shut down and you never see the other side

>Character with good potential gets presented
>You barely see him

>Protagonist has the chance to do amazing shit
>Stay behind instead because of his friends/family

>One of the main character destroy something important and can't stop acting like a dumbass
>Only get a slap on the wrist

>constantly pull shit
>Expect people to just trust you at face value
>act surprised when they think you pulled shit
>cry back to your villain hole because your past actions had consequences

Nah, go to hell. Im all for given folk a chance to redeem themselves but that requires actions and you're just being retarded if you think just becuase they're good guys they have to be nice to the guys who often try to kill them

Gravity Falls, right?

>WHAT'S THE WORST THAT COULD HAPPEN?
>The worst happens
>BUT AT LEAST IT CAN'T GET ANY WORSE!
>It gets worse
>Girl likes nice boy as a friend, the asshole guy is the one she likes
>Even when asshole guy gets outed as an asshole, nice guy goes hungry and gets a pity kiss

A lot of villains are one trick ponies that are easily defeated past the initial "not knowing their weakness" phase

>There's NO WAY I'm doing that
>Cuts to the character doing that

>Draw a person
>Call them a robot

[Autistic screeching]

>Alien/fantasy race
>Males are properly monstrous, alien, or inhuman
>females are human girls with horns or tails and makeup

[LOUDER AUTISTIC SCREECHING]

Badass villains killed off before their time.
>Hero is some 2-dimensional schmuck
>Villain looks absolutely badass and/or has deep, meaningful backstory
>He gets killed off in the first battle or by a sidekick
WHY WHY WHY WHY DO THEY DO THIS?????? It's happened so many times!

>General Grievous
>Darth Maul
>in Netflix's Daredevil
If you watch it you'll know who I'm talking about, I had just started liking this character when they were removed.
>General Zod in Man of Steel (2013 Superman movie)
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I CANNOT CONTAIN MY AUTISM JUST WATCH THIS: youtube.com/watch?v=Cvvze5m5juE
>Zod: [epic monologue]
>Zod: I am going to make them suffer, Kal-El. These humans you've adopted, I will take them all from you, one by one!
>Superman: *breaks Zod's neck* lol k.
The worst part of this was that IIRC, Superman had just thwarted Zod's plans by sending his terraform devices to the Phantom Zone. The writers could have easily contrived it so that Superman threw Zod into a portal to the Phantom Zone instead of offing him, but no, let's kill off the most sympathetic movie villain of all time.

Pic related is how I feel about whoever made Man of Steel (mildly NSFW).

>This is why I couldn't take Batman: The Brave and The Bold seriously.
>why I couldn't take Batman: The Brave and The Bold seriously.
>I couldn't take Batman: The Brave and The Bold seriously.
>take Batman: The Brave and The Bold seriously.
>I
>couldn't
>take
>Batman:
>The
>Brave
>and
>The
>Bold
>seriously.
>e
>r
>i
>o
>u
>s
>l
>y.

>Alien/fantasy race
You've gotten it backwards, mate.
oglaf.com/dimorphism/

>Batman does NOT EAT NACHOS!!!
>The Hammers of Justice are Unisex

Every single time.

This is either bait or you're the most retarded son of a bitch alive. Strongly consider killing yourself, please.

>of all time

Let's not get carried away now, mang

High five, user. I've gotten sick of the influx of monster girls recently.

yeah, but they shouldn't just go
>lol, girl but with horns
should be a somewhat less ugly form of the male with different proportions, just as a male is compared to a female or vice versa

>It's a Boys vs Girls episode
>Girls who never do X bitch about how they're never allowed to do X
>Girl and Boys have competition about who can do X the best
>Girls either win or tie Boys despite not having any of the practice the Boys do.

>buh buh muh wominz
>muh wominz can do anyting even if they can't

>Boys are entirely fine with women in literally every other episode.
>Turn into raging misogynists for this one episode alone.

>Lisa Simpson tried to pull that off in one episode
>gets told there are already girls on the football squad
>"W-well.... football isn't really my THING..."

BTFO

fuckin' Static, man.
he makes a joke out of his villians before school and still makes it in time
youtube.com/watch?v=2KWeKZyxEZA

>Let's not get carried away
Honestly, I can't find a flaw with Zod as he is portrayed in Man of Steel. He was from a caste of warriors; bred and raised to protect Krypton and its people, and that is what he did to the best of his ability without regard for himself or anyone around him. He was an entire race's survival instinct distilled down into one man, and his race was in mortal peril, so can you blame him for acting the villain? Can you blame him for going to extreme lengths?

Imo Zod is the most sympathetic because his background and simplistic personality leave no room for questioning his morals; he is less a man than he is a force of nature, and so we are sympathetic both to his struggles to save his people and to his status as a tool to his people.

You have other sympathetic villains, like Dr. Freeze, but you can question their methods. Yeah he loves his wife, but is he going to save her at the expense of innocent people? What if he causes the untimely demise of another man's wife? Is he blind to the irony of such a situation?

I dislike any kind of 'ancient prophecy' trope...

I have a degree of distaste for the 'Soul-mate/destined lover', 'The Power of Love conquers all', and 'Good will always triumph over Wickedness' tropes...

>female characters have more proper body proportions than male characters.

Your life must suck.

>female characters wear clothing while males don't

>character is carrying a lot of money
>money falls onto the ground
>they dont pick it up

>hero spares the villian
>villian dies anyway

Honestly that's just begging for rule 34 at that point.

>Likable villain get defeated and redeemed.
>He sacrifices himself to save hero's life/friends/love-interest later in the same episode.

>>boys vs girls episode
this one's a guilty pleasure of mine actually

>the main character who is normal smart or rational acts stupid/makes bad decisions in this one episode alone just for this episode's plot to work.

or

>main character(s) becomes an asshole(s) for this episode only for no reason/unfair reasons

>character packs up his shit and runs away after misunderstanding
>female henchmen don't stay loyal to the big bad
>cast consists of handsome hero, kick-ass woman, nerd with glasses and food-loving brute
>character's pants rip apart, has ''embarrassing'' or uncharacteristic underwear
>the most powerful and dangerous mcguffin is easily achievable and usually you have to punch its guard in the face and just take it from his hand
>no one can spot the obvious evil doppelganger
>no one believes the prankster in a serious matter since he's always fooling around.
>characters can't come clean on a simple lie and they let everything go to hell instead and make it 100 times more embarrassing to tell the truth later

Legitimately curious here, what is it about them you enjoy?
Is it everyone acting out of character just so the episode works?

>It's a time travel episode
>It's a body swap episode
>It's a gender swap episode
>it's a time skip episode

I unironically love all these

>"more serious" superhero media

>Green Arrow shooting Guy Gardner using Plastic Man as bow
What fucking ep???

I always been a fan of Power Swap episodes.

Yeah, that too.

Death Race to Oblivion, the Wacky Racers episode.

youtube.com/watch?v=YmIaL2BK1Zk

>Guys vs Girls episode
>Guys start acting completely out of character and become complete dicks
>Girls always win or it end in a draw, guys NEVER win.

Child scientists
I fucking hate child scientists and geniuses and the like. The only times it's acceptable is when they get constantly stood up by characters with actual experience

Obvious off-shoot is needless technobabble and
>in english please

>>"The only way to save the world is by killing everyone!"
To be fair, Chew played that straight and pulled it off wonderfully.

>group of normally competent characters butts head with new rivals
>their express purpose for existance is being a palette swap of the protagonists, expect 'better.' they will spend most of the episode dancing circles around them.
>they will one up or predict every move of the protagonists to the level of omnipotence, or the protagonists will catch down syndrome and be the butt of every slapstick joke
>protagonists eventually find one extremely arbitrary weakness of their rivals, and their rivals themselves suddenly become helpless retards in the face of it
>they are defeated easily and never seen again

>see? I told you. He was evil ALL ALONG

It's not like the clothes are gonna stop it.

>Boys vs Girls Episode
>In a twist, it's the boys who are friendly and willing to share, but the girls want to cut into their time anyway
>Girls commentate because it's a Boys vs Girls Episode the Girls will win every time because it's how the world works.
>Get mercilessly slaughtered. Guys willing to let bygones be bygones
>Rejection of the offer, the girls march away
>Guy shrugs, wondering what just happened and stares at audience
>Iris Out

didn't this kinda happen in teen titans with aqualad? I don't remmerb him thinking he was Robin's rival though.

Sometimes they actually lose user, they can lose super hard

In Xmen Evolution it was something that definitely annoyed me. Avalanche did try to join the Xmen and do right, if not for slightly selfish reasons. Sure, he goofed around a bit during training but for the most part did his best (Scott getting annoyed at him destroying the entire target area with his powers, even though his powers are specifically designed for leveling large areas).

He was blamed THRICE for wrecking the various vehicles, despite having nothing to do with the first 2 and actually trying to stop the 3rd wreck (and stop the newbies from crashing and dying). Scott blames Lance YET again and gives a half assed apology to make up for that and the shit they put him through during training. He leaves as a neutral party, but is understandably pissed. Makes sense why Boom Boom left too, Scott and Jean were bigger hard asses than Logan and Ororo in that AU.

>Girl vs Boys episode
>Girls are uncharacteristically cunty and competitive
>Boys start mouthing off random sexist stuff they never said prior to episode
>girls are suddenly more athletic, intelligent and cooperative than the boys, and defeat them in majority of the contests(even girl characters that fucking hate each other work together to beat the boys)
>something happens and it ends in a tie, but you can tell the animators obviously were biased towards girls
One of these days, someone with balls has to make something where the boys just effortlessly stomp the girls team.

>A.I. is crapshoot this trope outright made me despise entertainments viewpoints
>Wounded Gazelle Gambit happens in tv it's annoying happens in real life it's annoying
>Battle of the Sexs no matter what show it is it always sucks hairy donkey balls
>Tempting Murphy's Law STOP SAY WHAT CAN GO WRONG?!? YOU ARE TEMPTING FATE!
>ALL GAY TROPES EVER MADE! The worst being No happy ending for gays and rape you to make you love me
>abusing a character that deserves it for no reason just so you can write a joke
>All adults are stupid the trope that gave Matt Groening, Trey Parker, and Matt Stone critical acclaim so now they've been doing it over and over again with barely any good change to the characters
>Kids vs Adults
>You have to keep your identity a secret because...reasons Miraculous Ladybug and Jem are the reasons I hate this one but other ones like in comics have somewhat good reasons

Here's your (((you)))

>i know you're in there, fight it!

>Hero kills a TON of random grunts
>Hero's about to deliver the final blow to the boss
>I won't kill you, that would make me like you

Snyder is victim to doing this the most. In like the first panel of his Batman run he easily fights Riddler (a fucking question mark mohawk), Penguin, Scarecrow, Pyg, Bane and others all at the same time.

>villain is shown to be sympathetic and just a victim of circumstances
>you see? in the real world, there are no heroes and vil-
>oh, except these guys that made that guy turn into a villain, they sure are worse than Satan
BTAS did this shit a lot

Like when Spider-Man solos the entire Sinister Six?

Fuck that Spider sense bullshit

>tfw you realize Spider-Man wearing symbiote while fighting SS in Spectacular SM was intentional
holy fuck, this show is indeed genious

>Popular kids are assholes
>It's a Wait it's not what you think! episode
>Previous bad guy becomes a scrub to make the new villain of the week look stronger
>Female character starts the apocalypse due to a temper tantrum, patted on the back by every character that it's ok
>Male character spills his spaghetti in a relationship game, is treated worse than Hitler