Been reading New X-men. What the fuck was this volume? Did I miss something?

Been reading New X-men. What the fuck was this volume? Did I miss something?

Other urls found in this thread:

thoughtsonstuff.blogspot.com.ar/2008/09/new-x-men-here-comes-tomorrow-151-154.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>that ass

it is a post apocalyptic future that happens if Scott doesnt fug Emma Frost after Jean dies and instead retires to live the life of a lonely alcoholic.
At the end Jean-Phoenix detects what happened that allowed such terrible future to come true, and uses her Phoenix powers to kind of time travel and tell Scott "live, Scott, live", pushing him towards Emma Frost, something which prevents that future.

It uses every character of Morrisons run, Eva is the flying saucer of Fantomex, Cassandra Nova is Ernst who was Cassandra Nova, and explain what Sublime really was, a colony of sentient bacteries fighting against evolution.

long read but covers everything
thoughtsonstuff.blogspot.com.ar/2008/09/new-x-men-here-comes-tomorrow-151-154.html

Here Comes Tomorrow is actually my favorite arc of Morrison's New X-Men.

I liked it. Don't know if it was my favorite but I don't get the hate.

It was SUPER fucking jarring going from the main story to this. I liked it as it's own thing as well but I will admit I absolutely hated when I started from the main to this.

It was originally supposed to be about 12 issues long. Morrison had to shorten the arc because he was being booted out by Jemas.

Damn Wolvie looks hot on this cover.

Stupid sexy Beak.

How does it hold up as a possible final X-Men story?

>Did I miss something?
Dunno... but I've sure been missing something!

It's a sad story. Humanity's dead, Beast is the bad guy, gets cured of Sublime, dies, Earth is fucked, no more future.

That's every other What If. No biggie.

kek

Why did they want to get rid of Morrison?

No idea, but that's a nice ass.

Imagine being so invested in Scott/Emma that you'd write an entire doomsday scenario around it not happening

Who would fuck Emma?

If I were God I would destroy the universe just because a guy refused Emma

Cause he was changing too much of X-Men and they weren't used to it. I mean, he wanted to make Beast gay, and one of the Marvel editors screamed at him for it.

>Beak is an ugly motherfucker as a teenager
>This comes along and now he's a badass bird man

It's his son

As a Beast fan, I would have zero problems if Beast was gay. I'm glad he later hooked up with Abigail Brand, but the loss of gay Beast still gnaws at me.

Beak was his grand father, that is decades in a prevented post apocalyptic future. Logan looks the same due to his very slow aging.

Beast being gay sure beats anything that has happened to him in the past 10 years. I'm pretty sure his character wouldn't had turned as awful as it did if he had gotten the D.

I thought Warren Ellis, Kieron Gillen, Charlie Huston, and Joss Whedon all wrote great, likeable versions of Beast.

He also disagreed about the Xorn posing as Magneto posing as Xorn retcon which kept Magneto permanently dead

One of the best Morrison New X-men arcs. Washed the taste of that horrible Magneto arc out of my mouth.

Honestly, as a huge Morrison fan, I was very disappointed by New X-men. Feels to me like the clear weak link in his bibliography. Was it because he was working with Marvel editorial instead of his usual DC editorial or what?

Wheedon's X-men was 12 years ago and Huston never wrote a main X-men title but I'll give you Ellis and Gillen even tho Ellis is just one years short from being 10 years ago. That being said Beast has been going to shit since Second Coming which is only 7 years old so I'll switch my statement to just half a decade of beast being shit.

From what i've heard in interviews it seemed like he didn't like writing the X-Men as much as his other projects. He also says he had a lot of tension with Marvel Editorial at the time.

Editorial let him do almost everything he wanted to do. He was just depressed because some relative of his had recently died.

Is this artist gay? That's one sexy cover.

It's by Marc Silvestri, he's married to a woman according to wiki.

He's just good at drawing sexy people from what I'm seeing.

Pic related.

Wow. He's like Kenneth Rocafort but better.

>not knowing Silvestri
How casual can you be? He's one of the more famous X-Men artists.

Shame. X-men seems right up his alley. Perfect book for him to showcase his unique brand of wacky comics hijinks. The series has some great ideas but overall it feels kind of half-baked.

Pls no bully

nah, too lazy these days
every other project he just drops out of interest or "gets sick" halfway through