Justice League chill discussion thread

90% of the scenes in this trailer are not in the movie: youtube.com/watch?v=OiAmnKUaNmc

Did (((Joss))) cut half of the movie out? Feels like it.

Oh and Wonder Woman looks really fucking different on the soundtrack cover.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fyodor_Dostoyevsky
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Oh and Wonder Woman looks really fucking different on the soundtrack cover.
Wow, a picture of a woman being airbrushed, that's CRAZY.

The figures I've seen are

>Whedon reshot 10-15% of Snyder scenes
>Whedon added around 33% of the total dialogue in additional reshoots
>Whedon cut the film from 2 hours 50 minutes to 2 hours in the last 2 months

So who the fuck knows

Looks like a different person desu

I constantly hear 20% added in re-shoots and a varying number removed by Whedon

He has a writing credit, so minimally he has added 33% in reshoots, according to writers guild rules.

fuark

I heard that the producers wanted the film cut, not Whedon?

I dunno just passing on what I've read

But he was the one to edit it down to 2 hours

Who the fuck is Steppenwolf? Lol

Sincerely: I'm a big fan of Snyder's work and I can say JL was less offensive than BvS and an overall better theater experience.
When I watched BvS in the cinema, I liked its style, the visuals and the soundtrack and the action set pieces were outstanding, but the problems were enormous and kind of frustrating.
Lex Luthor was cringy, Batman killing was exasperating (I could stand him killing by collateral damage, I'm not that autistic about the charachter, but going out of their way to make the cape crusader kill goons with firearms was stepping over the line) and the Martha scene, the JL trailer and the Doomsday fight sealed the deal on a bad movie.

BUT

I' ve watched BvS multiple times. There's a charm in a Superman conflicted, rejected by the world, there's something about what tragedy makes us in Batman's anger, there are ideas that even if portrayed poorly, are there and are interesting enough to make you come back.

Will I watch JL again? I don't think so. I can't get anything out of a story about some guys in costumes fighting a monochromatic CGI demon.
Sure I never once asked myself "What?" watching the movie and had a couple of laughs, but is the fleeting sensation of being amused for 120 minutes what I want from a movie?

"No!"

So, I'm with Refn on this one: I don't want to waste my time in a movie theatre seat. I want to be challenged. Even by a bad movie.
I'll take a cracked diamond over some sparkly trinket everyday

Is JL a good foundation for films going forward? Like I know there won't be a team up again soon since it's doing poorly, but does it do enough to establish the world/characters which directors can then singularly focus on?

Not really. Aqua man is from some place and he’s some protecting some me people because he likes water? Or something. The Flash has a dad in jail. Cyborg has a dad not in jail. That’s about it as far as building a foundation going forward.

They also didn’t introduce any villains that will have longevity. The villain in this movie is Steppenwolf, whoever the fuck that is. He’s a generic throwaway villain with no real motive beyond me being a bad guy.

>Steppenwolf is German for coyote

My sides

You MotherFuckers! How is this film Fucking making less than suicide squad!?

It should have been a global phenomenon like Avengers, dunno wtf happened

Literally no one knows most of the heroes in Avengers while Batman and Superman are global fucking icons

It's because all these Stupid MotherFuckers have such high unrealistic expectations!

Why can't people just eat popcorn, drink coke, and just enjoy a Fucking movie for once!? There was a time when nobody Fucking cared about reviews to tell them what to think before they went and actually saw a movie!

Hi guys

probably my mind is messing with me but, there isa part when flash saves the russian family and he says a russian word to the little girl, do you guys know what word is?

He says the name of the Russian writer Dostoyevsky cuz he is a retard and that's the only Russian word he knows

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fyodor_Dostoyevsky

>Whedon cut the film from 2 hours 50 minutes to 2 hours in the last 2 months
Jesus fucking christ what a dick move

Will there be a Snyder cut?

STOP TALKING ABOUT CAPESHIT
STOP TALKING ABOUT THE LOWEST OF LOW TIER ENTERTAINMENT
STOP TALKING ABOUT THIS FUCKING MOVIES THAT HAVE ALL BEEN THE EXACT SAME THING SINCE 2001
STOP TALKING ABOUT THESE ULTRA-LOW EFFORT SHTIFESTS TARGETED AT 12 YEAR OLD KIDS
STOP PRETENDING THERE'S A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MARVEL, DC, OR WHATEVER FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT STUDIO IS BEHIND THE BIG BUDGET SUPERHERO TURD OF THE WEEK, IT'S ALL SHIT
STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT RREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

That's because all hype went down the drain when news of massive reshots overclouded the marketing efforts. WB buried this film.

That was WB mandated to be cut to 2 hours.
They can't help themselves from interfering with these movies.

This. I don’t give a fuck about reviews. I watch a trailer and if it got my attention, I watch it. Or if it’s a movie made by a director I know is good I go watch. Fuck people’s opinion. I am a grown up and can make my own

for the poster crying this movie should be hit this movie fucking sucks. It sucks balls! Cry harder ok

Probably not, Snyder left before most scenes were finished, he has no footage to work with.

me too, and the JL trailers sucked, and snyder is very hit or miss ( at least to me) so, I didn't watch it, hell maybe on a boring sunday I would download it, but so far, i don't feel I am missing anything, besides the shitposting maybe, but is ok tho cause I know I will when 4 months from now, butthurts dcdrones will be spamming threads about how kino is it

Why is she so fucking ugly bros?

she's just average

Let's be honest. All the characters were fine except for a certain faggoty squinty eyed bitch in a power ranger suit. His acting was overly hammy and atrocious. He can't deliver a line properly to save his life.

she is kind of pretty actually, and her acting is not terrible, would be interesting to watch her play as Lois with a competent script for once

She's getting old. But if you see the Snyder's scene she's fine because Snyder has a good eye so he mostly shot her from a distance in a wide angle or from the side, being Amy Adam's silhouette and profile her strong suit.
Whedon is a pleb so, badly lit flat close up is the only thing he can shoot

Mandate from WB was that it had to be below 2 hours and Whedon did those cuts.

fucking retards, should have been 3h with all the cyborg backstory and shit

>dunno wtf happened
Multiple disappointing movies in a row, the mess with WB / Synder / Whedon was big enough that it became common knowledge to the public and people know to avoid crap like that like the plague. Didn't help that the JL trailers were crap

The boxes being so big was stupid

Avengers 3: Age of the Justice League

how do you mean?

who would win Avengers vs. JL?

I saw JL a couple of days ago and though I knew it was a mess when I walked out of the theatre it has since grown on me. Definitely the best movie in the dcu right now, which doesn't say much. I'm not a Joss fan by any stretch of the imagination but he may have saved this franchise.

but it's the fucking Justice League man, the name alone should bring 1 bil minimum

>how do you mean?
Not him but the Motherboxes are meant to be the size of a phone

The DC comic book movie brand has been too damaged at this point for 1 billion to be possible

Well said. Also, Bats never once directly shoots anyone, not even KGBeast, so the hairs you're splitting are the same hairs Bruce is splitting, only finer.

That's the distinction between the main sequence of events and his Knightmare. In that future, he's finally reached a point of desperation where he's not just playing at war.

I honestly couldn't believe anyone was defending this movie when I left the theater. It was a total mess...there's a good scene here and there, but those do not save a movie.

Good or bad, I want to see Snyder's Cut.

Can't possibly be worse than what we got.

>but he may have saved this franchise.
I doubt it, it's going to take multiple good movies in a row before people see the universe in a positive eye

If they didn't kill Superman in BvS, him being in all the marketing would've helped. That and if BvS hadn't burned moviegoers the last outing.

Keaton's Batman was the most bloodthirsty of them all.

The leaked deleted Snyder scenes lead me to believe Whedon pretty much took out 75% of Snyder's work, the finale looks like it would have ended completely differently, Joss added the terraforming subplot from Steppenwolf and removed nearly all of Cyborg's scenes

Not to mention WB cutting a lot of Flash scenes so we never met Iris West (seems to imply they don't see Flashpoint happening)

And they took out a lot of Aquaman's scenes, which doesn't speak well for their confidence in the already filmed Aquaman film.

Aaaaand all of Batman's conversations with WW on how we saw the Knightmare, the parademons and any of that is seemingly gone.

Even a lot of WW scenes were taken away.

WB and Whedon literally took out character development just to speed the "plot" along, add some quips in, and bring Superman back as a completely different character to the one we've seen in BvS and MoS.

trully a diferent time

>kill Superman in BvS
That was such a stupid idea, Doomsday and killing superman should have been left to a later justice league movie.

The writers sure didn't give a shit who he was, so neither do I

The worst bit of all of that was the fact they killed him in a movie we already knew would be followed by Justice League

Why kill off a character we know will be back in 2 or 3 movies? It takes away all the fucking tension

Then the retarded marketing happened where the trailer would carry on implying Superman was dead but he'd be all over the posters and merchandise

I truly feel sorry for the guy.

He's had such a shit year.

The CEO of Warner Bros requested it, allegedly, so they can get additional screenings in each theatre

Doesn't appear to be working well for them

What makes it even worse is that his death amounts to nothing. Why did they kill him off? What was the point of it?

*cackles*

To make... Batman... Not... Kill anymore?

>he still kills

It feels so out of character for Batman. Even with Parademons, the actual Batman would capture and study them instead of killing them, just so he could find out any possible weaknesses beforehand.

Another excuse I guess would have been to inspire hope but

>Surely Batman seeing Supes isn't the enemy makes him see hope in Superman only aspiring to do good

Updated version but notice:

>audience score is dropping

To complete the Jesus allegory.

So an entire movie plot for a future teamup film was wasted simply for a allegory 99% of people give no shit about?

Serves him right. Hopefully he'll get fired for this dud alongside Johns who pushed for the reshots.

Hahaha, you know very well that all of the blame is going to be directed at Synder.

They will race behind you...
They will stumble...
They will fall...

Fucking this. BvS should have ended with Batman wrecking the shit of the kidnappers, no Doomsday plot bullshit.

Leaving Supers out of the JL promotional material and trailers is THE BIGGEST MISTAKE they could have done. Literally crippling your sales figures by keeping the main selling point hidden. Retarded.

I know it's early days but I really need a gif of the Amazonians shooting the motherbox a considerable distance by attaching it to an arrow with a rope and then firing the arrow.

It felt like the most Whedon thing imaginable.

is this real?
(been away from internet for few days)

he looks like a genuinely good human bean

The world will never know what he did. Future generations will revile him; at DC as the man with no sense of quips, and Disney as the monster who unleashed capekino. He will go down in film history as a war criminal.

Distinctly remember Batman blowing up a bunch of vehicles with the Batwing (before the warehouse fight).

If that doesn't count as 'directly' shooting at someone, then I don't know what is. Snyder dun fucked up with his character.

It is. In private he's been telling his fans he feels like shit for not giving them the film they expected. Poor guy.

just watched it.
they really fucked over the charactisation of Aquaman and Flash in this film. I haven't read any comics, but from all the hype of Flash and Jason Momoa; I was much more interested in the guy having a mental struggle with a computer inside and discovering new abilities

They butchered Aquaman. So much character moments from trailers butchered. Now he's like Thor. The magic touch of Whedon. Fucking hell I hate that cocksucker.

I'm going to take this time to point out some things for those who appreciate Snyder and the way he tells stories. These posts are going to focus specifically on the myth arc he's laid the groundwork for. Whether or not WB and future directors have the fucking brains and the backbone to follow through on it, this is what he's laid down for them.

When Kal-El arrived on earth, he caused magic to start to stir. It had largely gone dormant by the start of the Twentieth Century with Diana and Ares the last flickering flames of it outside of magical havens like Atlantis and Themiscyra. Magic is most likely a cyclical thing that can be influenced by certain individuals and events such as Superman, his death, and his return.

Metahumans are harbingers of an upswing in this cycle. They are, for all intents and purposes, protogods, and anyone can become one under the right circumstances. They are both a cause as well as an effect as they can grow in power, fueled by the collective faith of humanity and how they come to be perceived. This is why Luthor, although self-serving, petty, manipulative, and covetous, is frequently shown as "saintly." It is how the world perceives the little orphan boy philanthropist, an image he perhaps saw in Bruce Wayne and took for his own.

Bruce, on the other hand, presents the front of an irrelevant billionaire playboy and focuses all his attention on the image of the Batman. People view him as a creature of the underworld, a punisher of the wicked, and thus the Bat is associated with iconography consistent with a lord of the Underworld such as Hades. The Batman receives iconography that features, fire, darkness, gates, prisons, caves, and death.

The reason the imagery surrounding the Superman is so much more overt is because he's commanding far more of the world's attention, he's alive in the minds and "hearts" of far more people.

I gotchu senpai

jesus christ its such a CGI shitfest

Only good scene in the film. Shame some of it was cut. This is all Snyder by the way. Whedon is allergic to women actually looking cool on film.

Steppenfag was actually menacing and instilling fear in that chase. Very well done.

>show the world a tease of your movie in several trailers
>"THIS is the movie you guys can come and see on November 17th"
>You go to see the movie o November 17th
>90% of the scenes you saw in the trailer weren't in the movie

Where is the line drawn when it comes to false advertisement?

Yeah, and that's what I said. He shoots vehicles, he shoots flamethrowers, he causes explosions that people are killed in "collaterally." That's the distinction *he's* making because he's not thinking rationally. He's justifying the deaths we see him cause as self-defense and collateral damage. In case you missed it, that's not being depicted as a *good* thing he's doing.

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar

No problem, I got the webm maker open if you want other scenes

Poor guy.

All the DCEU has taught me is that Snyder has some pretty die hard fans, considering JLs low opening. They should have just pandered to that hardcore but consistent fanbase instead of going after the normies

Maybe their angle is to get people to purchase the blue rays to see deleted scenes

Check this out.

Jl got more discussion than the thor movie did

Shooting a car you're actively chasing with your jet isn't collateral killing. It's killing with intent.
Punching a guy and have him slip into a knife is collateral killing

it's the same thing nigger

JL is a movie that's meant to compare to the avengers of course it's got more discussion

That action is all Snyder.

This is the way to go for most movies nowadays, but suits are just dumb.
You have an established fan base that would give you 300 millions surely.
Go from that. Start with that base
Give them the movie they want and made it with a budget of 80 millions. But no, they have to go big and spend all of their money and then complain when the movie does actually absolutely fine but relatively poorly

That must make it a better movie then, huh?

More like pee pee poo poo league judging by the quality of the movie amirite?

t. Pajeet

I genuinely enjoyed the film and felt the Joss changes improved the film and overall universe without overly Marvelizing it

Oh wow I’d love to see someone out together a compilation showing the original scenes to the new ones.

The colour grading and lighting is entirely different in the reshoots.

How I personally would have changed it is Luthor isn't just using the Kryptonian ship but also repairing it for his own needs

Keep the Doomsday thing in but end BvS on a cliffhanger of the Krypton ship taking off with Luthor trapped inside with his newly made Doomsday

Then Justice League sees them both return, with Doomsday as the enemy of the film, and Luthor past the stage of being mentally damaged and now with his calm and cool persona he always had in the cartoons and comics

End Justice League with Doomsday exiled back into space on the ship and Luthor imprisoned in Arkham

Save Steppenwolf for Man of Steel 2 maybe so then Justice League 2 is Darkseid's attack

Then you have a potential Justice League 3 with the Legion of Doom

the Supes vs. JL fight was during the night initially, you can see Flash in the trailer from that scene and it's super dark.