Tfw Dav's intentionally bad style still looks leagues better than most webcomics and cartoons popular right now

>tfw Dav's intentionally bad style still looks leagues better than most webcomics and cartoons popular right now
How does he do it?

because he's a good artists putting limits on himself for the sake of an aesthetic, as opposed to a bad artist trying his best. also doesn't hurt that his schedule is more lenient so he can spend kind of a long time on his art if he has to

Because he stays on model.
Also he still has the heart of a child.

he's talented

>heart of a child.
>fag shit

>Because he stays on model.
Fuck you, you are the reason GOOD cartoons are dead.
t. John K's blog.

every thread

On another note, read a Q&A where he says he's working on autobiographical book for older audiences about struggling with faith as a kid. Seems neat. Wonder if it'll be a graphic novel or just strictly text.

Moral oral but without the daddy issues?

How's his work at the moment? I stopped reading after he fell off the radar a few years ago, IIRC he had some kind of breakdown after his father died, could be wrong.

Seems like a Heathcliff strip.

Yeah, he took an extended break caring for his dad. He returned to writing around five years back or so. Finished Captain Underpants proper with some truly wild stories that double down on social commentary. I won't spoil details, but if you grew up with the originals, they make for interesting reads even if they're intended for kids. The whole series was storytimed two years ago, might still be in an archive if the pictures haven't been taken down.

it was good, but honestly the last couple of Captain Underpants books barely had any of the titular character in them, not to mention Captain Underpants himself was disposed of in a rather sudden and underwhelming manner, kinda felt cheated in that regard

this
talent > effort every time
>tfw not talented

I bet you're more talented than you realize user

What? There is several webcomics that is better than him.

fuck off, OP.

Aw what? I'd look up the storytime, but that sounds really disappointing.

They have less CU, but I wouldn't say barely any. Read them for yourself and make up your own mind, or don't I guess.

I don't intend on reading them but you've got me curious. How does it happen?

you're going to have to give more details after saying that user

Luck > Effort > Talent, there is nothing more common than wasted talent, effort and grind alone will always pay off with results, talented people just get those things faster.

Mr. Meaner becomes super-intelligent and de-hypnotizes him or something

>effort and grind alone will always pay off with results, talented people just get those things faster.

But by your own omission, a lucky break is more important than either of those.

He understands the fundamentals of design and motion.

Every single "mistake" is chosen to be aesthetically pleasing and his art perfectly conveys dynamic tendencies while being reserved enough to depict action and stillness without going off model.

TL;DR, Understanding how to draw is way, way more important than how well rendered the art is.