Yesterday my mom started watching Twin Peaks, did she like it?

Yesterday my mom started watching Twin Peaks, did she like it?

Her comments after watching the pilot and the 2nd episode:

This movie is weird, isn't it?
(About Lucy) talks like she is dumb or something.
(pointing at Andy) this guy, always crying.
Is this old?
From the 90's
Feels old, it's like, slow, but I don't know how to explain it.

Tonight she's watching episode 3.
Note: she really enjoyed watching LOST a couple of years ago and she wants to rewatch it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ww-88rwt4ms
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Explain to her that Andy is crying because he's pure of heart and this is important in season 3.

Episode 3 is the first time you see the red room, isn't it? That's the first big test, my mother couldn't get past it.

Let's not spoil her.

When I brought up The Return by dad vaguely recalled it as that dumbass show where everyone would eat donuts while watching it.

The most important question is what are her thoughts on this qt?

Wait, he remembered the coffee and donuts in the show or the fans obsessing over coffee and donuts?

The fans. I think my aunt would host viewing parties where she'd have donuts and coffee. My dad thought it was stupid.

Your aunt sounds cool, tell dad to stop being a fucking faggot

He's a no fun allowed kinda guy.

My mom liked Twin Peaks back in the day but she didn’t watch Fire Walk With Me until a few years ago

It made her so upset for Sheryl Lee / Laura that she doesn’t want to watcih The Return

>Donuts, Pie and Coffee
Worst forced pop culture shit.
>It's the I didn't get the plot of Twin Peaks, but I understood Dale loves Donuts, Coffee and Pie identifier.

no, user. you will eat cherry pie and donut. you will eat coffee and you will buy laura palmer dead wrapped in plastic funko pop.

The fuck are you on about?

No, it's just really tasty and gets you in that comfy mood to watch a new episode.

>tfw my ex bought me one of those when they came out

I threw it away when we broke up. Not even because it was from an ex, but because it was so fucking stupid and I hated looking at that fucking reminder of the commercialization of a dead raped girl

>drinking coffie at night bc of a tv show
it's stupid. just very stupid behavior

she's alive tho

it's ridiculous. i already thought those homogenised plastic toys were soulless but i didn't think they'd go this far.

Laura was one dead bitch at the time user

I know, the other ones with Cooper and shit are one thing, but a dead girl, really? I know that’s more iconic but they should have done Laura in her Black Lodge or schoolgirl outfit, much more respectful

I agree with you, I'm just fucking around

respectful to who? whose feelings should we take into consideration here?

what's the name and google maps location of the real life restaurant that was photoshopped into Judy's?

My mom thought it was boring and said if this were like the procedural shows she watches they'd have solved the mystery in one episode.

Not him but it really is kind of creepy and disrespectful to have a doll of a dead girl with the plastic her dad wrapped her in after killing her.

david lynch and sheryl lee's

>said if this were like the procedural shows she watches they'd have solved the mystery in one episode.
Way too miss the entire point of the show. If they did that Laura would have a bad end and would be stuck in the red room.

It’s disrespectful to Sheryl Lee to exploit her rape and abuse at the hands of David Lynh

I can’t post any more, he’s already on to me, just know that David will go down soon and to believe everything that comes out about him. I didn’t want it to be this way

but why? is it because the dolls are supposed to look cute? or is it becauser it's platic crap?

Not him but to me I find it pretty gross to commercialize a dead, raped girl like that, especially her dead body. I’m fine with Laura merchandise or whatnot, but having it of her dead body as a cutesy fetishized doll to me feels wrong

do you hate capitalism?

Not necessarily

user, the doll is a representation of a girl who got raped for years by her father and was then killed by him. Don't you think that's a little disturbing to market as a cute doll?

Looking forward to her reaction.

kek you're gay

Let the innocents go, Lynch! It doesn't need to be like this!

Selling a cute version of a girl’s dead, raped body to children doesn’t seem exploitative to you?

>comfy mood
>late night caffeine and insulin spikes

it's cute tho :3

My folks love having a cup of coffee before bed, I’ll never understand. If I have a cup after like 7pm I’m up all night

Have any of you tried to get your friends into Twin Peaks?Did you succeed?
>dude this show is really boring
>the music is dumb and all the acting was bad
>even the opening credits were boring

I got one of my friends and his GF into it right before S3 started, they powered through the OG series and movie by the time episode 8 was out and from then on we’d watch it at my place weekly.

I tried getting two other friends into it, one liked it but he never finished S2 after Maddy died, and another got up to FWWM and didn’t want to watch S3 because of how “scary and sad” FWWM is

The one holding it is cuter!

Leo, stop! Leo, no!

Laura! Laura! Laura!

Women can’t understand Twin Peaks

t. Hasn’t seen FWWM

My ex liked it but she didn't want to finish FWWM because it was scary.
My best friend liked the series and loved The Return.

Had a cup around 10AM to perk up at my job, was up til 3AM and ended up even more tired at work the next day. Fuck coffee

Same man, her favorite character of the women was Maddy so seeing Sheryl Lee get all fucked up made her cry

My friends are uber plebs who can't get into anything that's not an HBO or Netflix smash hit. I tried to get them into The Leftovers, Quarry and The Knick and they found them "slow" and "boring". Thank you, I'll keep Twin Peaks to myself.

>watch Pilot with friend
>she says it’s “too depressing” and puts on Avengers 2 after

YOU'RE GOING BACK TO MISSOULA

mother likes lost
>tfw you realise your mother is pathetic

Lost is the only episodic show my parents have seen from beginning to end, they got so frustraded by the ending they just watch procedurals now.

Can I get a quick rundown of Judy?

AH HELL GOD BABY DAMN NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Don't forget to tell us her reaction to the end of Ep 3

>letting your own mother get LYNCHED

Why is Kyle so handsome,bros?

I'm just watching the show for the first time. Spoiler tags much? I mean, I kinda had a hunch about Leland being a killer, but still. Dick move, user. Dick move.

Is there a "do it for him" picture with agent cooper

coffee is shit, alcohol is true twin peaks drinkkino

There’s one for Laura at least.

a-any more

>no pictures of Laura in that black stripper outfit

What a waste.

It's more much than that, trust me.

Also
>spoiler tags for a 25 yo show

Cute Laura version

You know what you have to do.

>the music is dumb
Terminate your friends immediately.

Yeah, I know. I caught a few episodes on tv back when I was a kid. Needless to say, I understood shit of what was going on. Not to mention I missed the beginning. And then I just couldn't make myself to start watching it over up until now. Welp, the time has come to cross that one off the list, I guess.
So far it's pretty coherent, but I remember some fucked up scenes that didn't make much sense. Guess those will come to order later.

>Gotta light?

>the single best scene in tv history
youtube.com/watch?v=ww-88rwt4ms

>BeelzeBOB bows to Judy
>is in fact an alien/demon
>confirmed to possess reality shaping abilities
>controls the Black Lodge with an iron fist
>own portals and diners interdimensionally
>will bankroll the first city on the White Lodge (Judyland will be the first city)
>Own basically every electric power industry on Earth
>first moonchild babies will be Laura Palmer's children
>ancient sumerian scriptures tells of a demon named Joudy who would bring unparalleled horror and destruction upon civilization
>you likely have frogmoths inside you right now
>she learned fluent non-reversed speech in under a week
>most spirits entrust their corn reserves in her convenience store
>Judy is about 4000 years old, from the space-time reference point of the base human currently accepted by our society
>In her reality, she's a timeless being existing in all points of time and space, from the black void to the waiting room. We don't know her ultimate plans. We hope she's not as malevolent as she seems

My mom said she and my dad (he died when I was 6) used to watch it. My dad liked the music so much he got the cassettes to listen while driving.

Watching Twin Peaks feels like I'm closer with him.

Some user made like 5 of these kek

>Cute Laura version
>includes her motioning to snort coke and being fucking murdered

>The owls are not what they seem
Would someone care to explain this to me?

That's just Frost being retarded, don't mind it.

wasn't it implied that the owls were like agents of the white lodge or something since they were around when briggs disappeared

ORIGINAL CUTEPOST DO NOT STEAL

>agents of the white lodge
oh no, far from that

oh yeah

I convinced a friend to watch it, and she really enjoyed the first two seasons. She did watch the movie and the third one, but I think they were a bit too "weird" for her. I've tried to get her to watch other Lynch movies but haven't succeeded at that.

I also tried to get another friend to watch it but he quit after three episodes because it was too "slow".

LET'S ROCK

Brought up Twin Peaks to someone with wet brain and they said "Oh yeah…the mountains"

Will he be the next one to fall?

Alright that’s actually pretty cute

My friend liked the first two seasons. He especially liked the last episode of S2 which is a good sign that he knows kino when he sees it. He thought FWWM was good, but I did get the sense that he didn't like it as much as the television show. I'm not to sure if he's liking S3 though. S3 really is just strange and somewhat frustrating. I get the sense that S3 is really just meant for the dedicated fans who follow the L O R E of Twin Peaks.

I don't want to talk about it.

David Pynch lol

David Lunch lol

Shut the ch*ck up

Sorry, I just assumed everyone here knew that by now.

lol

My mom wanted to watch the return cause her writer friends were talking about it non-stop, so i rewatched the first and second season with her and my older brother.

They both loved the first season but got so so fuckin mad and disappointed at the season 2 finale. And on the sidenote, they hated the red curtain scenes which was infuriating.

Spirits use electricity / nature to spy on people.

JUST YOU
AND I

I got teary eyed there a bit