/stg/ - Stranger Things General

Don't Forget, Madanon Is Here Forever Edition

Previously:

First for anti-bullying

Too much anger and fackposting last thread. And too much millieposting the thread before that. Let's try to find a happy balance.

Now post dogs.

Why does she like dressing up as a Nazi soldier then?

reported for bestiality

her parents are obsessed with $$$

post uncropped is this from twitter, or instagram, or what? or what hashtag?

I think that's all, folks.
If you find photo's of white doggo pls post.

will do, sir

Maybe she means love for the white race and a positive outlook on its future

more

Post fack

Whenever I saw Bob on the show I always imagined him saying something like
>Master Frodo we we gotta get to Mordor to find the portal to the other world frodo come on we gotte get the ring I have bread
>Frodo this isn't like the spider we fought use your flowing sword frodo my foot hair is all wet now from this demidog goo come on we gotta defeat sauron
>frodo let's go I put some bread ind leafes let's go I will shoot saurons dogs with my 1911

That was really off putting so I am glad he died

>hat Eleven story line overall is sort of the biggest risk we took. We’re going to continue to do risks moving forward to keep us on our toes. I didn’t want her to just magically save the day. Just like Luke Skywalker, she needed to go off on her own and learn something about herself.

KEK MY SHOW INTO PIECES
THIS IS MY LAST RESORT
SEPARATION
NO MEANING
DON'T GIVE A FUCK IF I KEK MY SHOWS RATING

so is it just going to be the smokey man monster again next season
they already know how to beat it so how is that going to work

They don't know how to beat it is the issue. They just broke its mind control. The only way to beat it is apply hardcore heat, so unless they luck out and it comes through during a hardcore heatwave in the middle of the day, they could be shit out of luck since there's no real means to fight the thing itself. Hell there's no real way to fight its underlings even, they seem to shrug off bullets rather easily, only thing that seems to work are psychic body slams.

>Hell there's no real way to fight its underlings even, they seem to shrug off bullets rather easily,
Wat? Hopper was capping them like crazy.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the end but every other time they went up against anyone with a gun they tore through them like tissue paper.

I think they're gonna dial it back and go with a regular monster, maybe the Thessalhydra. The Mind Flayer is the big bad and they just wanted to introduce it, while wrapping up the loose ends from season one. I bet we won't see it again until the final season.

Yeah it was a bit inconsistent. Maybe because Hop had a high caliber rifle or whatever the fuck he was using, or because he was aiming directly at their backs instead of the feds who were shooting past them because they were too fast.

>the Duffers, Levy and entire cast defend episode 7 saying it was a risk that paid off
Season 3 is doomed.

Okay lads

What are the odds we get a more laid back season 3 with less upside down shenanigans and more kids in school? Is there any chance the duffers find a way to get eleven into school with the rest of the gang?

>tfw no season 3 where eleven has to deal with the troubles of high school and being different, dealing with more girls who all want to get with mike

>Is there any chance the duffers find a way to get eleven into school with the rest of the gang?
No, Jane has to go into hiding for another year. The Snow Ball was her last outing because Hopper requested it.

Zero.
I don't know if Hopper would allow her to straight up go to school, but he'd definitely try to figure out a way to get her educated and moreso let her be with other kids. But he's smart enough to know he probably can't just let her alone that long in an uncontrollable situation. At the very least the arc for that season will be Eleven proving she can handle school and Hopper learning to trust she won't be hurt by others.
Didn't he work out a deal with Head guy?

Season 3 picks up directly where season 2 left off. The Mind Flayer breaks its way back into reality and starts tearing the gymnasium apart and possessing kids at the Snow Ball. It turns into a Carrie remake as Eleven rips loose and pushes the Mind Flayer back in, but it sends her in as well like when she defeated the Demogorgon. The Mind Flayer's plan worked and it possesses Eleven. Eleven is the new big bad of season 3.

Fucking hell that shit is boring. Are we gonna have to sit through another season with 5 episodes of hopper telling her she can’t leave the cabin only to be rewarded with a shitty episode where she rebels again? The doctor at the end said she should lay low for another year, this is literally retreading season 2.

Also, did anyone find it weird that mike was okay with not seeing her for a month until the ball? It looked like he didn’t even know that she would show up. Was he just assuming that she was with hopper for a month and he wouldn’t see her anymore? It’s hard to believe that mike was okay with that and didn’t try to make any deals to see her at all during that month.

>Didn't he work out a deal with Head guy?
Yeah it was just to take a raincheck on the year long ban IIRC, so that she could go to the ball. They probably both knew locking her up for another year wouldn't work anyway.

There's a year long timeskip between each season, to rationalize the actors getting older. The entire point of the "year in hiding" is so they can show us El's integration into society in season 3 and have it make sense. There'd be no reason otherwise for her not to do it immediately after S2, which would mean it'd happen offscreen in between seasons.

Mike was a generally shit character this season. I don't know if it's just because he didn't have much screentime or if it was Wolfhard's acting, but he never really seemed as concerned about Eleven as he was in season 1.

>The entire point of the "year in hiding" is so they can show us El's integration into society in season 3 and have it make sense.
How can she integrate if she goes into hiding? I thought they made that obvious in season 2 when she leaves the cabin for the first time and immediately starts using her powers to fuck with swingsets or push people off their skateboards.

Besides, we knew the Feds weren't looking for her in season 2 because they never bothered to track Hopper to that cabin, and then they actually helped her stay in hiding by making a fake birth certificate for her. I don't think Hopper kept her looked up to teach her how to function in society, I think he's just trying to ride out her rebellious teen years, so that when she does go out she isn't getting pissed off and using her powers willy nilly.

>Is there any chance the duffers find a way to get eleven into school with the rest of the gang?
For sure, she has a birth certificate and stuff now. They can probably fake an academic past for her or something. Notice how the government scientist said to wait "about a year".
It will be interesting to see how she fits in, and how she gets along with Max now that she'll know she has no reason to fear her stealing Mike away from her.

>They can probably fake an academic past for her or something.
Or Hopper will just say he home schooled her. Wait a sec, Hawkins is a small town, who the fuck is going to be fooled by Hopper suddenly having a daughter again?

His character was all about saving eleven in the first season. In season two he finally shows some emotion when will gets possessed. Mike is shown as the main protagonist (for the kids) because his character is at its best when one of his friends is in danger and needs his help. He had five episodes this season where he simply was not needed.

I think eleven getting into school could be a very real possibility given that the duffers confirmed there will be a time skip (they can’t write anything in the story that explains all the kid actors growing so much without a timeskip. I think the timeskip will be a year again, and we’ll pick up with hopper trying to figure out how to get eleven integrated into society again without putting her in danger.

Episode 7, to me, foreshadowed how this quickly this show can turn to shit if the directors take it in the wrong direction. It’s rwally concerning seeing them so adamant about keeping kali and expanding her role. That entire episode was as bad as Heroes during the writers strike.

>He had five episodes this season where he simply was not needed.
Not really much of a protagonist then.

Hopper could just claim it's his niece. Or an estranged child that he recently found out about or something.

>Season 3 picks up directly where season 2 left off
>Puberty hit them all like a sack of bricks and they look old as shit
>The audience has to pretend that they still look exactly the same as we pan across the group in the gymnasium
>Eleven banishes the smoke monster wearing the same outfit she was last year but with visible C-cups being poorly hidden by padding

I honestly want this to happen just so I can laugh my ass off.

>It’s rwally concerning seeing them so adamant about keeping kali and expanding her role.
I wonder if they'll introduce any more "Numbers". There's potentially 9 more out there, maybe more if some came after Eleven.

That’s why I think a school season could work wonders to expand his character from just being “brave boy who jumps into action to save his friends but doesn’t do shit outside of that”.

>year timeskip between seasons
>S2 ends
>nothing stopping Eleven from going out in public
>year passes and she's already integrated into society
>S3 starts and we didn't get to see it

To prevent this they added Owens suggesting a year of hiding:
>S2 ends
>nothing stopping Eleven from going out in public
>but she should lay low for a year just in case
>homeschooled by Hopper during the year
>S3 starts
>we get to see her first steps into society and probably going to highschool

>yfw you realise the "upside-down" is the dogscape

They also didn't focus on Mike's relationship with his sister at all. Outside of that scene where he stole her money in the first episode, did they ever even interact with each other?

Oh I interpreted it like he thinks she should go in hiding for a year, and not go out in public. You think she's just gonna be loitering around Hawkins during school hours?

I thought it was the Silent Hill Otherworld.

Forget about Nancy, didn't Mike have a younger sister? Was she even in season two?

I’d like to see other numbers but again, episode 7 gives me worry that more kids with superpowers will take this show in the Heroes direction and we all saw how that worked out.

I’d like to see kali get axes and then ONE other numbered kid gets introduced in a more normal way, through school or something. I thought they were hinting at Max having powers but they left that alone this season. Did anybody else assume this when they introduced her?

>Did anybody else assume this when they introduced her?
Yes, because of the mobile game. She kinda does have a gift though, in the same sense that Will is really good at hiding. She beats everyone's arcade scores and can skateboard/drive a car well because she has above average reflexes. The "zoomer" and all that shit. Maybe they'll make bigger use of it next season.

I walked away from season one thinking Hawkins Lab failed to produce any worthwhile results ten times in a row, before they had a breakthrough with Eleven. Eleven seemed like the "golden child", and Eight ruined this dynamic by making Eleven less of a special case.

>yfw you realise the "upside-down" is post-Trump America

so think of Eight as Twelve and you're golden.

I thought this as well, and maybe that was the plan until season two. It'd be funny if they backflip because of how poorly Eight was received, and just reveal a child's graveyard at some point with all the other numbers in it.

Kek

she looks kinda like natalie portman circa leon in this photo
not nearly as /worththejailtime/ tho obviously

One of the kids said something like “that high score is so high it’s impossible!”

I thought the show was trying to imply that she used her powers to cheat at the arcade games.

The extra discussions from beyond stranger things has the duffers hinting that hopper and Joyce might get together.

What do you guys think about that idea and of course if that happened, eleven and will and Jonathan may be living together under one roof?

I think Hopper/Joyce was deliberately delayed, that's what Bob's true function was when you really break down his character all the way, it was to simultaneously put one final cockblock between them and also to give them a similar experience of losing a loved one to bond over. Hopper has always had a thing for Joyce, remember that random he fucked in his house in season 1 and she looked exactly like Joyce from behind?

desu i don't care what they do in s3 i just wanna live to see it, surviving for another 15 months feels harder and harder as i get older

>yfw Nancy had more screentime with Will and Dustin than with her own brother

See how constructive these threads can be without milliefags shitting them up?

I know that feel bro, I’m only 27 but I get worried when I see things I want to be around for slated to come out in 2019. Two years is a long time.

I just binged both seasons last week, not knowing that the second one had just come out (I thought it had been out for months). Imagine how salty I was when I googled season 3’s release date, thinking it was a few months away and saw 2019

>What do you guys think about that idea and of course if that happened, eleven and will and Jonathan may be living together under one roof?
It'll give Eleven and Will some decent scenes together at least, finally. Also you just reminded me that Joyce has a fucking Demodog in her fridge, I'd laugh if Will opens it up and it falls on him and sends him into a PTSD fit.

Yea I figured I’d lend a hand, just finished season 2 so I still have plenty of show related stuff I want to discuss. The waifu/husbando fags always ruin generals when nobody is willing to talk story.

I wonder how they're going to handle the dog, since it's a year jump. Maybe Hawkins is a different place because of it, like there's tourists everywhere or scientists all over the place inspecting those tunnels.

>season 3 cold open
>will wakes up in the middle of the night to go get a drink
>opens the fridge
>dead demo dog falls on his ass and sends him into a spaz fit that teleports him into the upside down for good
>cue the “stranger things” opening

It would be derivative, but funny nonetheless

Something I didn't get was that scene with dirt in the beakers, and they lit one up so all of them started spiralling upwards. Wouldn't that have had a similar effect when they were burning off the tunnels, like wouldn't the whole tunnel network have been spasming out instead of just Will?

I wonder if that scene was supposed to imply something else. Could the Upside Down be used as a source of energy? Maybe that's what the scientists were realizing? I mean they are the government, if they can weaponize something they'll do it.

how do you know that they were actually being killed? the force of the bullets could have just been throwing them off the elevator

>dog falls on him
>he panics and shoves it back in the fridge
>next morning Jonathan goes to the fridge and it falls on him
>shoves it back into the fridge
>Joyce opens the fridge at night
>it falls on her and she shoves it back in
>repeats for the entire duration of the episode

>Thinking ST is anything more than cheap entertainment

I don't understand why we analyze this series so extensively. Don't get me wrong, I like it a lot, but there's almost no originality to it and it's not critically acclaimed in any way. It hasn't "changed the way we watch TV" or pushed the boundaries of cinema. The cinematography isn't anything special. CGI is sub par. Acting is good but doesn't blow you away (certainly not Emmy worthy).

Anyone that thinks the Duffers are cinematic geniuses that suddenly appeared hasn't watched anything critically acclaimed before. It has nothing on The Sopranos, The Wire or Breaking Bad. It takes all its ideas from Spielberg films, Stephen King books, Dungeons and Dragons and 80s pop culture.

It's no surprise they're running it into the ground. They're very average directors/writers who got lucky with the first season.

I thought they were just trying to show that every piece of the upside down was a living entity and the mindflayer is like the brain. It doesn’t like the heat, will hates the heat when he’s possessed, even the dirt tries to get away from heat. It’s all one single organism that controls everything .

Wasn't blood spraying out of them? I can't rewatch it right now.

>Running gag is now the dead demdog falling on a new person every episode who doesn’t see it coming
>it finally falls on hopper who goes into Vietnam PTSD craze and sets it on fire while everyone tries to stop him because “the demodog corpse is important”

Yes the more they focus on “paying homage” to the thousand different influences, the less unique the show becomes.

I wonder if all the dead Demodogs will reanimate when another portal is opened. Dart might actually make a comeback.

but eleven still was a big deal because what eight could do was worthless when compared to what eleven could. eight herself says that her abilities are basically just “magic tricks”. eleven’s abilities have huge potential for military and intelligence applications, for obvious reasons

>it's not critically acclaimed in any way
i agree with the general sentiment of your post (in that it’s not the GOAT masterpiece people make it out to be, just really fun and watchable TV), but i’m pretty sure this isn’t true

something can have blood spraying out of it and still not die but you have a point

>season 3
>9 month time skip
>hopper and Joyce living together
>eleven and will now living together
>opens at the beginning of the school year with eleven joining the party at Hawkins after hopper and the doctor make some more fake papers for elevens past education
>season is now back to focusing on kids in school and the high school kids
>mindflayer is in the background trying to get at eleven through will to open a new gate
>billy is the main anatagonist for most of the season, outchadding Steve and generally being a dick
>some sort of school drama happens that puts mike and elevens relationship on the rocks (maybe a new girl interested in mike)
>turns out new girl is also a number too
>eleven and new girl fight each other with their powers and eventually team up to fight the big bad of the season (possessed Will/Billy)

How does it sound so far

I forgot

>story arc for eleven is about her trying to become Jane (a normal person) but she keeps getting pulled back to her old life either through upside down stuff or through new numbered character

>some sort of school drama happens that puts mike and elevens relationship on the rocks (maybe a new girl interested in mike)
fuck off

The other option is to expand on episode 7 and turn the show into a crappy version of Heroes (crappy show to begin with)

We already saw the train wreck that happens when the directors try to bring el into the “real world”. She’s still a kid and will be one for several years, I want to see her face some classic challenges that girls her age face and her powers can add a nice twist to keep that story from becoming generic.

It's mostly a character driven show. As a concept ST isn't really original or ground breaking but what I've seen the duff bros. are good at how they handle their characters. Most of the characters are fairly developed and it's interesting to see how their dynamics clash with each other. Ie The Dustin and Steve arc ended up being very strong in season 2 despite being random. If it weren't for the characters the show would fall apart like a sack of turds. If episode 7 is their way of treading on new ground with the plot then I'd rather have season after season of cliche plotlines. At least it's fun to watch.

S3 will be about Eight getting infected by that bit of Mindflayer that got out of Will and went into the night. Eleven and the kids will have to find at least 9 and 10 to help them out.

>the only options are to take a steaming turd on the show or to take two

You can just let El learn to socialize in the small, compartimentalized "slice" of the real world that is Hawkins and in which she already has friends and something like a father

*rocks your mom like a hurricane*

But what is she even going to be doing? An entire season of her being homeschooled is boring unless she’s sneaking out very night to join the gang in their adventures.

I love watching Stranger Things! I love talking about Stranger Things! I love making Stranger Things threads love posting in them!

>>some sort of school drama happens that puts mike and elevens relationship on the rocks (maybe a new girl interested in mike)
>>turns out new girl is also a number too

hmmm not a fan of this, everything else is fine but breaking up or causing too much conflict in their relationship would feel a little cheap at this point, because the two of them have been yearning for each other for so long now.

I definitely expect a bit of conflict eventually but nothing that causes Mike and Eleven to lose that much trust in each other.

me too!

season 3 will be all about Billy and his redemption arc

Predictions on how Will get cucked in season 3?

Yeah, if by redemption arc you mean his dick in mike's mom's ass

Kidnapped by scientists to study residual monster possession consequences, rescued 20 minutes before the season ending

Are there any good memes to come out of this except Dustin Amerimutt?

thats exactly what i mean ;)

There's obviously going to be another time skip.