ITT: moments when you stopped giving a shit about the Oscars

ITT: moments when you stopped giving a shit about the Oscars.

Pic related getting snubbed for a nomination for the Best Animated Feature category.

youtu.be/o4-URMnBOPU

And you thought The Lego Movie getting snubbed of a Best Animated Feature nomination a few years ago was bad.

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/news/japans-anime-industry-grows-record-177b-boosted-by-your-name-exports-1058463
emmys.com/awards/nominees-winners/2017/outstanding-animated-program
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Dubbed

Anyone who's ever had a girlfriend sees the portrayal of "romance" in this movie as childish and laughable. This sort of scenario is wish fulfillment for virgins.

Go to hell you fuckin weeb.

>buzzfeed
>nerdist
>huffpo
>LAT
I think these quotes are enough to warrant it going in the trash.

When the academy fell for the weakest bait of all time.

Oscars have been terrible for a long time. Hollywood is a big circle jerk and unless your in their club you don't get shit.

>gender bender
STOP with this garbage

Wait people (not in the business) care about the Oscars?

Don't even know what happened in this movie.

Fuck off weeb. This cringe fest of sappy drama only appeals to autists.

anything to do with alternate universes or time travel I instantly disregard

Classic anime “romance.” Shooting lewd’s and hot cheekbones. A meme this board is exploiting.

when you read about the people on the voting committee "only saw this movie because my kids wanted to see it so im voting for this one" oscars are a joke

Well?

I stopped giving a shit in 2017, when it became the Affirmative Action Awards.

Why the fuck should I watch next years awards? It's just going to be a bunch soyboys circle jerking to black films nobody fucking watched like The Butler, Hidden Figures, Precious, and Moonlight.

Steve McQueen is one of the best directors currently working and I'll watch anything he makes because he's actually talented.

the deaf girl one and the hiroshimu one and even red turtle was better user

Its not really fair to expect the academy to have a clue about animes anyway

I've seen three of those movies and Precious is probably better than your favorite movie.

Good concept, serviceable execution.
Animation deserves some recognition too, but nothing that really wow'd me.

All in all, I'd give it a 6.5/10
-Chris Stuckmann

The Butler and Hidden Figures are bullshit empowerment films
Moonlight & Precious are kino
Learn the difference, it could save your life

Isn't there a justice league thread you should be posting "OH NO NO NO NO" in right now?

cape shit and anime are basically the same shit for soyboys

Almost every romance movie is like this you idiot. None of those scenarios are realistic.

>dubbed

no way hollywood will let a nip anime film creeping with sexual undertone win an oscar, you are literally mentally handicapped if you think they would allow it.

hollywoodreporter.com/news/japans-anime-industry-grows-record-177b-boosted-by-your-name-exports-1058463

Don't reply to idiots mad that anime industry is surpassing Hollywood.

I thought it was a 6/10

Like The Boy and the Beast more.

it's 8/10 at best, I really don't understand why everyone think this is a masterpiece

Y'all niggas want the real kino?

Yeah, almost every movie is shit, not all of them though.
There are some actually good films we could laud

In an ocean of 3/10s, an 8/10 IS a masterpiece. Disney / Pixar / Dreamworks haven't created anything of this quality in the last 10+ years.

>Isn't there a justice league thread you should be posting "OH NO NO NO NO" in right now?
>he said this, posting a screenshot from Lain defending your name

I am more surprised that you aren't shitting on your name yourself when it's literally a typical nip romance anime cliches bundles altogether with a big budget, a typical work of shinkai where there's literally nothing special outside of presentation and background quality.

also
>OH NO NO NO NO posting
>bad

Precious is fucking hilarious, if you are a racist pos like me :)

zootopia was 10x better than this though. Even the director said it was unfinished and didn't deserve to be nominated for an oscar

At times like this I remember how fucking stupid the oscars are.

>not even nominated for best documentary

What's special about it is its enormous success and popularity. What made it so successful? That's what's special. It's clearly got incredibly broad appeal.

This movie was totally uninteresting. Dumbass who hangs out with bears gets eaten by bears. No duh.

Have you seen Wolf Children?
I liked that a lot more.
That's the best recent non-ghibli film imo

Do you really believe a non-Disney/Pixar movie can win best animated feature in the Oscars?

That's the entire point of Romance you idiot, it's fiction

Romance doesn't exist in real life.

Hollywood schlock in animated form has broad appeal. Shocking. The movie is a piece of shit that makes you wonder if anime will ever grow up as a medium if guys like Shinkai are considered exemplary in 2017.

>Looks like kino animu is back on the menu boys

>broad appeal
>good

shinkai is a fucking hack, most people with half a brain already knew this back from 5cm/s, only brainlets will get lured in because of the pretty visuals or seeing a typical cliche romance but this time in a cinema.

pretty much this, you are a retard for thinking otherwise.

I prefer Hosoda's Drama to action movies, his new one should be good then

Nope I'll check it out later.
So it's made by the same guy.

I don't watch movies for realism user

>The Butler, Hidden Figures,
Great movies and blockbuster smash hits.
>Precious,
Hilarious comedy
>Moonlight.
Pure kino

The Oscars get black movies right as long as it's not about slavery.

White movies like Lalaland and The Artist and The King's Speech are dogshit and get awards all the time.

I have never cared for the Oscars
Or any award show to be honest

Shit so he made summer wars too. Didn't know

I've never seen a silent film before but I loved this movie because it was just like watching a silent film.

What's your favourite romance film Sup Forums?

Spirited Away did. And guess which is the only movie ahead of it in the Japanese box office?

>A movie about boy and girl switching bodies is so unrealistic, I tell you guys are such a virgin
Faggot

First of all, Oscars is not unbiased and will nominate titles for political reason

Secondly, Satoshi Kon, the guy that Nolan keeps copying, never won an oscar.

Leon.

>Precious is a hilarious comedy but Hidden Figures is a "great movie"

I am finally seeing it, a retard who actually got influenced by the constant bombardment of leftist propaganda but still manages to retain some individuality.

It's also from ghibli and doesn't have creepy sexual vibes like your typical anime, that's a huge difference

t. soyboy

Nolan and Aronovsky.
Black Swan is a loose remake of Perfect Blue (which Aronovsky owns the right to, since he redid a scene for Requiem for a Dream)
Satoshi Kon is really overrated though. Paprika & Tokyo Godfathers are straight trash.

t. 56%

>also
>OH NO NO NO NO posting
>bad
Literally rebbit cancer is a ok for redditspacing faggot

>spirited away
>doesn't have creepy sexual vibes
user, it's set in a brothel.

>Paprika & Tokyo Godfathers are straight trash

Yeah, it's easily his best film so far.

Bang

>Satoshi Kon is really overrated though.

This. Only one I kinda enjoyed was Millennium Actress.

[the young people in her family]

>Paprika & Tokyo Godfathers are straight trash.

True, but most people who watch anime notoriously have terrible standards. It's the same with Magnetic Rose, although he didn't actually direct it. The third film in Memories was the only good thing about it.

Paprika is just an animation showcase. It looks cool and that's it. It has no story, no dramatic structure, no tension and no characterisation. It's an incredibly boring film.
Tokyo Godfathers is schlocky and sentimental to the utmost degree. If it was live action, you would hate it. It's the kind of film your mother watches. It's a fucking Christmas movie.
Kon is only highly rated because the bar for anime is so low, and he doesn't conform to tropes that often. Perfect blue is his only great film.

>paprika is straight trash

it must be cool being a contrarian

Paprika isn't trash
Sure, it had a pretty lackluster plot but it's one of the most visually impressive films I've ever seen

The director/writer most certainly is emotinoally stunted, if you've seen his other works.

Kys fucking weeb

>Paprika is an incredibly boring film

Transformers is also visually impressive

L’ami de mon amie

It's just another "DUDE SO SURREAL LMAO" just like 90% of anime and that shit gets old fast.

Not really.

That honestly could have been better shot.
You can tell Aranofsky put the camera in the actual tub so they didn't have the room to pull the camera back and get the proper shot.

They could have constructed a "glass" box for this, what a buncha dummies.

It is. Pic related is engrossing, Paprika is boring. All style and no substance. Paprika is impressive, but it's not a good film. It would be enjoyable stoned, in a theatre, that's it.

Paprika is kind of trash but Tokyo Godfathers is pure kino.

idealized romance is one of the purest and most aesthetically pleasing concepts in existence

>Disney / Pixar / Dreamworks haven't created anything of this quality in the last 10+ years.
Inside Out is 9/10

Not him, but some of us use markdown in everyday life user, don't be a fucking retard

>Anyone who's ever had a girlfriend sees the portrayal of "romance" in this movie as childish and laughable.
>t. someone who didn't watch the movie

Lol, that's definitely what they did. There is no way they put the camera in the tub.

Because Urusei Yatsura movie 2 exists.

When Song of the Sea lost to fucking Big Hero 6. Complete bullshit, they treat the animation category like a fucking joke.

emmys.com/awards/nominees-winners/2017/outstanding-animated-program
This is worse

Wow I didn't know Roger Ebert's ghost liked anime.

he's got a lot of time on his hands

Is tales from the tour bus any good? I recommended it to this guy at work who loves country music on the basis of the trailer

This is a fucking joke, right? This movie is corny as hell.

soyboys love this movie

I've seen that way too many times than I should.

It's great, especially the first half of the season.
Kind of tapers off slightly into 'remember when we got really high' stories from less funny people, but yeah, it's classic Mike Judge.

Your Name is LITERALLY his worst movie and most animemetic of them all.

I thought it was hilarious.

BETRAYYYYYYYYED