Just 2 years and most of the hype is gone

Just 2 years and most of the hype is gone.

How do you fuck up this hard?

Other urls found in this thread:

eurogamer.net/articles/2017-11-20-star-wars-battlefront-2-physical-sales-down-60-per-cent-on-battlefront-1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Most of the hype is gone
>Movie will hit 1 billion

At least you tried

marvel is simply too good
if marvel didn't exist people would still care about star wars

First one did 2.5 billion. With that kind of drop it's a fucking disaster.

Does anyone actually care?

I have 3 boys and non of them care.. my kids don’t talk about it at all.. in fact the only person I know that cares is a genetic freak little girl in a wheel chair who loves Star Wars

>Most of the hype is gone

Most of the hype is gone because
1. You get all of your news from Sup Forums
2. It's literally taboo to be excited for Star Wars on Sup Forums
The hype is still there. Read the comments on the trailers or read the countless articles that are published every time a new picture of the movie surfaces.
And throughout all this, 90% of Sup Forums is still going to see it. It will make $1.5 billion at least.

Where the fuck are the leaks. Less than a month away and we still have nothing.

> read the comments under the trailer
Paid shills.
> read the articles Disney is handing over to newspaper along with the new pictures of the movie
Paid shills.
I haven't seen any place IRL or on the internet where there's genuine hype for this piece of shit.
Compare that to the restlessness you could feel everywhere a few days before TFA premiere two years ago.

You are retarded if you don't see it. Battlefront 2 sales data is in and it's 50% lower than BF1. RO made half of TFA box office.

SW are just another MCU at this point.

THE FORCE IS FEMALE

>TLJ trailer
>37 million views

>Thor Ragnarok trailer
>55 million views

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

Literally nobody but Sup Forums cares if MC is female or not. Nerds fucking love hot girl leads.

There are much bigger problems with those crap movies.

>daily xyz Star Wars thread
The hype is gone!!!!

it's a shit franchise, Disney could have made terrible SJW propaganda without pissing away billions on disneywars.

Remember when Carrie tried to do coke again and dropped dead like a sack of bricks? And then people tried to ignore she was a geriatric crack addict and pretend she died with dignity? LOL

>nerds love hot girl leads
>hot
>girl?
Btw why is Daisy Ridley paired up with Niggers so much? She was paired with one in “Murder on the Oreint Express” and whatever this pic related is and ofcourse TFA

>How do you fuck up this hard?
You release a movie every year, and keep on wringing your property like a bar rag.

Not that I was that hyped though, I stopped caring about Star Wars since the shitquels.

It was fucked up by their casting decisions and the writing that made the lead role a woman

The hype is dying but the shilling will go on every day for years.

Came to say everything in this post. Mike's prostitute analogy was pretty apt imo. Sad to see something I loved once become this, but then we already had the prequels so that ship sailed a long time ago.

>You release a movie every year

MCU gets like 3 movies per year and it's only doing better and better.

>natalie portman
>implying you wouldn't kill to be an uber autist like hayden christensen with her

is this another thread where Sup Forumsinks desperately try to convince each other that this movie won't make two billions.
There is no need for hype, because everyone will go to see it. Including you.

It looks like it will be return to form after the disappointing rogue 1. It may even be able to replace force awakens as the 3rd best star wars movie.

this thread is now natalie portman general

Young White boys are literally the target market for star wars

>let’s cast an odd looking white girl as lead
>let’s cast an ugly west African monkey as lead love interact
>heroic pilot is a spic that may or may not be gay
>lead bad guy looks like the elephant man
>second in command bad guy is a female coward who can’t even fight

you forgot
>bad guys are literally nazis

It sure as fuck isn't getting 2 billion. Breaking 1 billion is possible.

turns out bad actors and bad story really fucks up a franchise

>after the disappointing rogue 1

SW fans loved RO while loathing TFA. Guess who wastes more $ on the franchise, normies who see the movie once or SW nerds who see it 3-5 times then spend 1000$ on merch?

Pandering to mainstream while shitting on hardcore fans is a grave mistake.

Breaking 1 billion is a 100% guarantee.it will end lower than force awakens. But should make it to 1.5 billion+

Actually almost every real star wars fan i know loved force awakens and thought that rogue one was mediocre.

>Literally nobody but Sup Forums cares

Sup Forums is the biggest board and the closest you get to a normie nowadays.

Only prequel defenders seem to like rogue one

star wars fans are really notorious for having good taste though. The first was a good Hero's Journey film but the rest, especially the prequels, is just eye and ear candy. Not that hard to be a fan of that material and then find the new movies entertaining

A surprisingly large amount of force awakens haters are prequel defenders and dceu fans, kinda shows what there opinions are worth

Complete opposite for me. I don't know a single one who liked TFA more.

You're a retard, even a bunch of my friends are art student bug people and they're not even excited.

Imagine being so braindead that you think autistic action-figure-buying manchildren could compete with the market forces of global audiences.

TFA is a good movie. But it's a horrible Star Wars movie. It's New Hope clone that shits on the setting and ignores established SW lore.

This. A bunch of my irl normie friends are already planning as going as a group to see TLJ. My dad just got tickets for when the whole family comes home for Christmas

star wars fans are really notorious for having good taste though. The first was a good Hero's Journey film but the rest, especially the prequels, is just eye and ear candy. Not that hard to be a fan of that material and then find the new movies entertaining
The fact that said fans aren't liking the movies is probably because 1) it's been so long they forgot they just wanted ear/eye candy and thought star wars movies had substance in the form of plot/narrative/themes/etc. and 2) the other secondary parts of the movie (outstanding irony that the following don't come first) aka acting, writing, etc. is so fucking bad that it actually prevents them from enjoying the flashing lights and loud sounds

I know, people on this website are just living in there own brain dead universe.

Even my little SJW handicapped female cousin likes rogue one better..

Sure she said she liked TFA when it came out but never talked about it... but all the Star Wars stuff she likes is from rogue one

fuck "aren't" whatever

>He doesn't appreciate TFA as meta-commentary kino on the Star Wars franchise

By putting a woman in charge.

Disney SW toy sales are tanking you idiot. Kids prefer Avengers over Finn or Rey. Old fans don't care either, they are too busy playing X-Wing or Armada. Companies making best SW models didn't even make anything TFA related for fucks' sake. Nobody cares about "X-wing but with different intakes! Totes different ship!" bullcrap.

>"""""lore"""""

oh fuck off, sorry your midichlorian power level headcanon was thwarted by Rey beating Kylo

Marvel is simplu unstoppable, completely decimating entire billipn dollar IPs left and right. MCU is this generation's Star Wars, this new shit is just a cash grab.

Disney got cocky and oversaturated the brand, plus added in SJW nonsense.
TFA had advertising EVERYWHERE. Remember that Wal-Mart commercial with a little girl practically saying "THE PATRIARCHY SUCKS"?
Rogue One they toned down but still made an entirely unnecessary movie to the series.
People are burnt out and just don't care anymore. I honestly haven't heard anyone say they're hyped to see Episode 8.

>global audience appeal is what they are shooting for
>China hates niggers
>cast a nigger
>global appeal?

It's because capeshit has taken the place of what used to be occupied by Star Wars. That happened before the new trilogy.

Any hype that does exist for the new films is based on the franchise, not the content. Not a single one of my friends has commented, "I can't wait to see what happens to Rey next, will the First Order win??" Of course, there is speculation about certain elements of the story, like whether Rey will turn to the dark side, or if Kylo will turn to the light side, but there's no general concern for the story in general (at least as far as I can see).

It feels like people are going to see these films out of habit, not interest. It seems to be a ritual at this point; if you haven't seen the new Star Wars, you're culturally behind, regardless of whether people actually like it or not.

Star wars has never been a consistent well constructed universe. It has always been mess of ideas that make no sense when you think about it for more than a minute. The fan base has just tried to change it into something that it was never really meant to be.

Nobody liked midichlorians you retarded ape. TFA had so much fucking bullshit it made SW nerds foam. Bypassing shields at lightspeed. Gravity wells not mattering. 50x bigger Death Star. It was fucking bullshit.

They're coming down too hard too fast. Insisting on a new movie every year does nothing but oversaturate the market and get people more sick of it faster. People got hyped as fuck for new Star Wars back during the OT and PT days because there were waits of anywhere from 2-4 years between movies with only the non-canon EU material to tide you over. Now there's a new movie out every year on The Mouse's insistence alone with all of the side material being canon, so there's too much to keep up with.

Disney would lose nothing if they pandered to nerds. Shit normies wouldn't even notice would make nerds happy. Instead they shit on fans spending the most $.

>even a bunch of my friends are bug people
This is your brain on Sup Forums

They fucked themselves over by essentially remaking the OT and not really being willing to take risks.

The prequels were a risk and at least attempted originality. The new trilogy is soulless.

>forgets the entire Western audience exists and still pays more than Chinese audiences

>Disney SW toy sales are tanking you idiot

That's literally not true, SW toys are actually propping up a market for Hollywood-related toys which is on a general decline

>Bypassing shields at lightspeed. Gravity wells not mattering. 50x bigger Death Star. It was fucking bullshit.

wikifag autism is not real criticism

>TLJ trailed barely has more views than fucking Justice League.

Yeah retards, hype is still going strong.

Of course everybody will see the movie once on first weekend. But this won't bring it to 2 billion.

I don't know a single person who is actually hyped for anything Star Wars any more.
That said, I don't know a single person who isn't going to see the new one. Its almost like a social obligation since Star Wars so fucking culturally ingrained.

Even if the hype is dead, its still going to make a shit-zillion dollars each movie for the foreseeable future..

>How do you fuck up this hard?
>Forced feminism
>Forced diversity
>Forced Mary Sue
>Absolutely no originality in the first movie of the new trilogy

I have nothing against a female lead, but if you want to deliver at least make one STRONG and credible female lead, WW proved how you don't even need a muscled roid woman to make it "strong", but Rey on the other hand is not attractive, not strong and has no charisma (And not acting skills).

The diversity is probably the weakest point because it's hard to draw a line, but certainly getting a black male co-protagonist and exposing 24/7 in media, while his relevancy is null to the plot, it definitely felt like forced diversity. Same about porgs, that are probably just pandering to kids, irrelevant but we are overexposed to that shit.

The Mary sue is probably the biggest flaw in the first movie, no one likes a perfect hero, someone strong smart, perfectly capable being, people like characters with flaws so they can identify with them And Rey wasa big Mary sue, she could fight many troopers with no experience, she could oppose a trained forced user easily, she learned to use a lightsaber and defeated a trained guy in minutes, etc.... I know there are people speculating she is Kenobi, she is a Skywalker, she was created by the force, etc... but even Anakin, Obi Wan or Yoda had flaws.

And the last part is probably the worst when Prequels were released, despite the hate, you could feel how every character, every world, every landscape, every bit feel new, different, I know these movies kinda sucked, but watching those movies were like exploring a new world. Meanwhile Ep VII felt like tasting the same vanilla ice cream being sold in the convenience store for the 198th time.

eurogamer.net/articles/2017-11-20-star-wars-battlefront-2-physical-sales-down-60-per-cent-on-battlefront-1

Hype is 100% dead.

You just listed a few things that no real fan of cinema cares about. Cinema is not about scientific accuracy. The star wars universe was never fleshed out in the original film's, it was just a cool back drop to tell what is in essence a pretty small scale story. It's an old fashioned way of film making that is largely dead now but I feel that the force awakens sort of brought back in a way.

>fan of cinema

We are talking about SW fans not cinema fans.

How the shit can one even be a cinema fan in 2017? It all went to shit.

You sound like a writer trying to defend terrible decisions.
I'm thinking you actually worked on one of these Nu-versions.

>tfw Porg plushie sales themselves will make them enough money to pay for whole ep. 9 production

If we judged film's of the past with same bullshit standard we do now than everything would be seen as terrible. Sup Forums is full of the worst kind of movie fans, the movie fans that care more about scientific accuracy and everything being 100% consistent all the time rather than an engaging storyline with good characters. You are the one killing cinema.

There are plenty of great film's out every single year. You just have to look for them.

If you want to make a movie where lore doesn't matter make a fucking new franchise not ruin Star Wars or Star Trek with decades of lore and dedicated fanbase.

Retards like you are everything that's wrong with modern Hollywood.

Why the fuck would anyone care about them? They look like some generic pokemon #5376456.

No people like you are ruining cinema with bullshit that only you think is important. Star wars has never had consistent lore, grow up and deal with that fact, you pathetic little loser.

Lore is what ruined the star wars franchise.

Shitpost or did she actually do coke again? I remember she died from a blood clot on her flight.

Holy shit, paid shills are on Sup Forums already?

>Just 2 years and most of the hype is gone.
Congratulations on growing up

Coke was found in her system

BASED

The lore stuffed prequels really helped the franchise didn't they.
While the original film's which had very little lore and quite a few contradictions sucked.

because finn an rey are shit characters

>lore stuffed prequels

Holy shit, you are retarded. PT fucked up lore even harder than TFA.

New Hope had fucking Empire commanders discussing politics you brain dead ape.

>Rogue One is gonna flop
>$1,056,057,273 box office

>Blade Runner 2049 looks like shit
>ends up being Sup Forums's favorite movie

I like them so far, they are both likeable and interesting enough up to this point. The acting is fine. All around they are good. Not quite Han and Luke, but not very far behind.

>Scientific accuracy
Are you a retard? It's not even about scientific accuracy... it's about suspension of disbelief. And HOLY SHIT... TFA busted my suspension.

>Just 2 years and most of the hype is gone.
Remember that time when nobody cared about Beauty and The Best?

Remember that time when everyone here said it will flop?

Now it's the highest grossing of 2017. And It's gonna stay that way until The Last Jedi comes out.

The future, is female, white boy.

How are you this idiotic. How the fuck could tfa bust your suspension of this belief and not the originals. The stupidity and hypocrisy here is just fucking mind blowing

Pandering to every niche audience that never cared about Star Wars or so Disney thinks, women, fags, minorities etc...
In the meantime flipping the finger at the loyal audience.
>I don't have to cater to the male audience
-Kathleen kennedy

This place is so full of pathetic nerds. It hurts.

By shitting on well established lore built over 30+ years.
Same fucking thing happened to warhammer fantasy. and people wonder why no one cares about it anymore.

For the people that care so much about lore. Create your own universe. It is the only way you will ever be happy. Because star wars, star trek and most of this stuff was not made to pander to your pathetic fanaticism.

No real people care about lore.

When JJ Abrams enters the picture he pretty much turns any prior established rules on their head. He's like the Jackson Pollock of writer/directors these days.

The lore was never well established or consistent it has been a complete clusterfuck since the beginning.