How is it there was a 1080p Bluray Rescan of Rescue Rangers from the original negatives & nobody told me about it...

How is it there was a 1080p Bluray Rescan of Rescue Rangers from the original negatives & nobody told me about it? are they redoing all the Disney Afternoon cartoons in HD now?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!51BnCJST!3EVOUz5nhHVjl82fcopmzQ
odditycentral.com/news/russian-cult-worships-female-cartoon-character.html
youtube.com/watch?v=AtrqJm9UBII
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Probably, Disney isn't going to abandon the Russian waifu cult centered around Gadget.

Looks like they Re-scanned Goof Troop at 1080p too. here's hoping they do Gummi bears next. That or Duck Tales.

Is this real?

Cause you know, a good upscaling algorithm cab do that too

It is. I don't know if we're going to be this lucky in the future though. They re scanned the little mermaid & Timon & pumba recently too, but they cropped them to 16:9 so you lose 25% of the image on the top & bottom. If they do that to Tale Spin I'll cry.

I wish that you won't have to cry, user.

>Russian waifu cult
What?

You've done it now user

not this shit again

Can you link to it? I've been searching and I can't find anywhere to buy/download/stream it

ho yeah? Where?

mega.nz/#F!51BnCJST!3EVOUz5nhHVjl82fcopmzQ

sheeiiiittttt

noice

these look great

that must be 100 Go of squirels.

Eugh, the high def just makes the Japanese/Korean animation worse.

Holy crap, it's real. I thought it's just some lame ass upscale, damn.

What did they mean by this?

odditycentral.com/news/russian-cult-worships-female-cartoon-character.html

Huh, I never noticed that she wore a glove.

What a waste of production budget. This is almost entirely fully animated on 1s and 2s, almost no limited animation or held poses.

But it's so bland and uneventful, and when there's actual animation action to do, half the time the timing and posing are completely off, and the other half they're just bland.

I'm starting to really appreciate the modern Disney and WB cartoons. Bunnicula and Wabbit are genius compared to this.

Watching this again puts all those fond childhood memories in perspective...

I wonder how the production of this shot went.
>I need this entire scene in full animation on 2s with no held poses by the big rat.
>Sure thing boss, what poses should we use?
>All of them.

More timing and posing problems.

Should have spent some of that budget on sheet timers and layout artists.

Then just post HD waifu screencaps.

Jeez, you know that's all anyone in this thread REALLY cares about.

I HOPE THAT DISNEY WILL DESTROY THESE VIDEOS, YOU FUCKING SCUM! LET THEM BE LOW QUALITY, ASS-HATS! YOU ARE STEALING DISNEY'S INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY! YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED! THEY LOST THEIR SWEAT AND BLOOD MAKING THIS, AND YOU CUNTS ARE STEALING THEIR PROPERTY AND NOT GIVING THEM MONEY! IMAGINE WHEN YOU MAKE A CARTOON AND WORKING HARD ON IT, AND THEN SOME FUCKER UPLOADS ALL THE INTERNET AND MORONS DOWNLOAD THIS CARTOON WITHOUT GIVING YOU MONEY! BURN IN HELL, THIEF!

I care about animation. It's the main reason I visit Sup Forums.

I like pointing out good and bad animation.

People praise the Disney Afternoon shows, and for good reason: compared to the '80s, they had tons of animation in them. An entire show with full animation on 2s means a lot of animation, but not necessarily a lot of good animation, and I think this distinction is important.

>here's hoping they do Gummi bears next. That or Duck Tales.
Both of those shows would be interesting because there's more in-house animation in those. I think by the time they got to Chip and Dale they probably had at most 10% in-house animation.

Huh. I'd always heard that the Disney Afternoon, and really any and all 80s and 90s cartoons with animation outsourced to Asia, were mastered on video rather than film. As a result, HD conversions were impossible.

Were the Disney shows a unique situation where they were mastered on film (because Disney could afford it) or is this like the Transformers fiasco, where the production animation was done on film, but the broadcast mastering process was done on video, meaning the film negatives contained unfinished and error-riddled animation rather than the finalized version?

>Should have spent some of that budget on sheet timers and layout artists.
koreans don't give a fuck

I HOPE THAT DISNEY WILL DESTROY THESE VIDEOS, YOU FUCKING SCUM! LET THEM BE LOW QUALITY, ASS-HATS! YOU ARE STEALING DISNEY'S INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY! YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED! THEY LOST THEIR SWEAT AND BLOOD MAKING THIS, AND YOU CUNTS ARE STEALING THEIR PROPERTY AND NOT GIVING THEM MONEY! IMAGINE WHEN YOU MAKE A CARTOON AND WORKING HARD ON IT, AND THEN SOME FUCKER UPLOADS ALL EPISODES ON THE INTERNET AND MORONS DOWNLOAD THIS CARTOON WITHOUT GIVING YOU MONEY! BURN IN HELL, THIEF!

>koreans don't give a fuck

It's funny how South Korean animation has really turned around and Japanese animation has fallen behind in the last 15 years.

It used to be that if the animation in an outsourced cartoon was either good or competent, it came from a Japanese studio, while if it looked like incomprehensible shit, you knew it was Korean. Studios like Akom and Wang and Sunwoo, just milling out garbage.

Now the best outsourced animation comes from South Korea, studios like Mir and Dong Woo and Hanho Heung-up (who used to be lousy, season 1 Swat Kats, but got their shit together, Spectacular Spider-Man). Japanese studios, on the other hand, have been inbred and assembly lined to the point where they can't produce anything but unmoving, cheek-mouthed, jagged, neon puppets.

Rise and fall of empires.

Here you go you disgusting degenerate.

It was Disney's money, though. Instead of doing 25,000 drawings per show, they could have done 20,000 drawings and spent the rest of the money on salaries for sheet timers and layout artists. They would have ended up with near-feature-film quality animation, instead of the lots-of-motion-but-no-sense that they ended up with.

>It was Disney's money, though. Instead of doing 25,000 drawings per show, they could have done 20,000 drawings and spent the rest of the money on salaries for sheet timers and layout artists. They would have ended up with near-feature-film quality animation, instead of the lots-of-motion-but-no-sense that they ended up with.

On the other end of the spectrum is all-on-ones-but-still-looks-like-shit Kennedy Cartoons.

30million frames per episodes and oh god just STOP MOVING FOR FIVE SECONDS PLEASE I'M BEGGING YOU WHY IS EVERYONE DANCING ALL THE TIME. Luckily, I think Disney only ever used them for, like, 3 episodes of Darkwing Duck and then very quickly realized it was a mistake.

More frames doesn't automatically make for better animation (which I know was your point).

if it's bedroom eyes, it's never rape.

>the series had a supervising timing director and 2-3 full-time timing directors
I... I don't know what to say. Did the timing sheets get lost on the way to the overseas studios?

All the """wild""" takes look Japanese as fuck.

Each episode has one or two shots that look pretty good, probably done in-house.

Didn't know, only own the DVDs.

Bare human breasts on a Disney cartoon

I'm constantly reminded how hard it is to get five characters from place to place all the time.

By the way this was animated by Walt Disney Japan, which supposedly took all the best crewmembers from TMS, which supposedly was the best outsourced animation studio. If that's the best of the best when they're working with the largest animation budget at the time, then they're not very good.

Honestly watching all of this expensive animation makes me really appreciate Disney's current lineup like Star vs Evil and even their shittier shows like that Daredevil kid.

HD transfers of animation intended for standard definition viewing was a mistake.

Definitely not. Even if the show itself is shitty, some of the art is amazing (pic not related)

>I'll cherrypick the bad scenes and none of the good scenes

All the extra details just make it look wrong to me. I imagine they knew they'd get lost in the process, which is why this weirdness doesn't happen with feature films.

I was about to call you out as TMSfag/Famicom, but then you criticized TMS, so now I'm proud of you, instead.

Dude I'm not cherry-picking. Download and watch it for yourself.
Despite each episode having a timing supervisor and three or four timing directors, the animation is janky as hell. Almost always on 2s and almost always full animation (redrawing the entire character, not just one part), but nearly never timed and posed properly.

Are they doing this with Talespin?

Have you watched this in 240p? This show, and all the other Disney Afternoon shows, were never meant for VHS. The linework is too thin to register properly on VHS. It's true that they cut corners for small details (pic related) but you can see the exact same thing in hand-drawn Disney feature films. It's more of a constraint due to the size of the brushes they used than anything related to the screen size and resolution.

I think it depends on the company. Like there's evidence that the early Cartoon Network cartoons (Dexter's Laboratory, Powerpuff Girls, etc) were mastered on film, so HD conversion would be theoretically possible. What's really unique here is that Disney is actually willing to put in the time and money to rescan their shows.

And they're not even ruining it with DVNR, everything looks exactly like it should.

This is the first time in hearing this

In gonna need to get a hold of this disk

I watched it originally when it aired.

So when does this come out?

>shot comes back from overseas, text is mirrored
>"Retake: Please mirror the English text"
>retake comes back
>deadline / no more budget

It's out on Amazon or Hulu or something.

Well you better take another look at the VHS and/or DVD.

>Liam
Kek

Even with the artifacts, this looks more palatable to me.

Where's Darkwing Duck damnit!?

All these scientists/engineers using their brilliant inventions for crime...
- solar-powered bakery: healthcare violations
- shrink/grow ray: smuggle cars
- disintegrator-reintegrator: rob jewellery

These dumbasses could have been making billions if they patented and licensed their inventions.

This

youtube.com/watch?v=AtrqJm9UBII

Then you got audiophile vinyl issues, you're so used to the artefacts that you don't like anything else.

Look at the chroma aberrations (red/green fringes), broken lines, noise, speckle, not to mention film-to-NTSC/PAL pulldown judder.

You're just nostalgic for the "classic" look...

The episode has a lot of novel human character designs.

I'm not the guy you've been talking to but for some reason the high def versions look more "classic" to me. I love being able to see where they painted outside the lines and stuff like that, makes it feel more real.

Better question, how long until Gargoyles in HD?

I dunno, I look at this, a Disney film from the same era, and it looks fine. But the television show looks wrong.

This episodes (S4E16) is the best posed and animated one. It's like they put someone who can draw in charge of facial expressions, and the timing doesn't suck, finally.

You're comparing xeroxed lines to hand-inked, and yeah the pic you posted is way better, has much finer linework, and just better-drawn and colored in general.

But that's not an argument in favor of blurriness, color artifacts, noise, and specks.

Delicious Gadget feet

CH-CH-CH-CH-CHIP N DALE

kek

Maybe I'm projecting, but it looks like there's a lot of rape in this series.

Wang was Taiwansee, and more hit and miss than outright bad. And as plainly evidenced, this show was doomed to fail, animation-wise, regardless of whether it was Japanese or otherwise.

kek

I'm starting season 1 now (season 4 was pretty bad, acting-, timing-, and posing-wise) and at least the first episode is a cut above. Still plenty of timing issues but the acting and posing are really good in some of the one-off characters, and the main cast is very Disney-fied in terms of animation.

You can still see the seeds of the spastic acting like in and but it's under control.

The vast majority of poses and expressions are super-mild, but that's the nature of the beast.

This is a really expensive babbies' cartoon.

S1E02 is pretty well-animated too. I wonder if it was just the initial push at the beginning of the series, because season 4 really sucked in comparison.

HD GT MEGA where?

S1E03 - I remember watching this episode as a child. Felt really strange watching this in such high quality.

The animation is still pretty much as good as it can get. Some great poses, I'm assuming the stoeyboard/layout artists still cared this early into production. Good facial expressions. Some shots are stolen directly from classic Disney theatrical cartoons, like drooling Dale in pic related.

Timing on the whole is still what you'd expect from an outsourced studio, but generally good. Some shots have surprisingly good timing, other shots have the spastic timing from season 4.

There were other cartoons in the 90s where the latter seasons looked worse than the earlier either because of budget cuts or because the team was stretched thin and devoting more of their attention to a newer show.

Thanks, Disney.

Tits aside, this is a really well-animated sequence, both the "TV show" and Dale who's watching it.

Most of the humans in this show are really ugly.

Which episode?

I had forgotten how fucking boring Gadget actually was.

I have a feeling the first two episodes had a lot of in-house production. The third episode is already showing some cracks.

S1E03, I've started watching them in order.

>Aw gee Mister Wizard, I was hoping you'd teach us how to make plastic explosives with household detergents.
Possibly the best joke in the entire show.
Timing and posing keeps going down the tubes, though.

Actually it's S1E04, I lost track.

Thanks

Post more Gadget

Got nothing to say about episode 5.
This sequence of shots from episode 6 is really well-animated, I wonder if it was done in-house.

>insert lewd caption here