Hasbro Shared Universe catch-up storytime

>What is the Hasbro Shared Uni- hold up, it isn't Wednesday!
Yeah, and I'm not Revolutianon. Since he wasn't able to make a dedicated storytime thread for Optimus Prime, Lost Light, Revolutionaries and... urgh... MASK, I decided I'd fill in so we're all up to speed for tomorrow (when we SHOULD be getting Micronauts, Rom, and the Transformers Annual).

>Today's issues
In Optimus Prime #4, Alex Milne comes back and Pyra Magna does JoJo posing.
In Lost Light #3, James Roberts continues his unfortunate slide into mediocrity.
In Revolutionaries #2, John Barber has fun being an ABSOLUTE MADMAN with continuity and fanwank.
In M.A.S.K. #3, Brandon Easton fails to prove that he isn't a hack of cosmic proportions.

>Downloads
desuarchive.org/co/thread/90125469/#90126428
desuarchive.org/co/thread/90373336/#90373498

>Previous Hasbro Shared Universe Storytimes
pastebin.com/XGGZwp3H

So, first things first: Optimus Prime, in which our titular hero continues to ruin everything.

Next up: Lost Light, in which everything moves slowly and Roberts does his best to make fascism sympathetic.

>does his best to make fascism sympathetic.
i don't thing sympathetic means what you think it means

I mean, one of the protagonists in this issue is a fascist who quit after they got too hypocritical.
(Also, you know, Megatron.)

Ha ha, time for FUN! It's Action Man and Friends, featuring the Micronauts, knockoff English Cobra Commander, and bah-weep-graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong!

Wait, you're not me!

Have a bump.

Thanks, man. Just thought I'd do this so you have a storytime in the archives to link to.

Well, thanks for that then.

Also, Storytime is going to be late tomorrow, but it will happen.

Action Man has skewed priorities, which I can relate to.

Next time on Revolutionaries: Barber brings in General Blitz and Soundwave, and goes even deeper down the fanwank rabbit hole.

And... aw, jeez. I'll be really happy if the thread 404s before this is over.

So, in a few sentences please... Why does MASK suck so much exactly?

Ludicrous continuity errors, horrible and insipid dialogue, and a general lack of storytelling skill.
Also, hackneyed plot twists.

>continuity errors
I'm intrigued now. What did they fuck up?

Literally nothing in the first couple of issues lines up with Revolution, and the start of issue 2 contradicts the end of issue 1.
Also, they call Dr Mindbender "Verstal Bender" when his name's been established as Armand Singh, and the plot seems to rely on the heroes not recognising the VENOM guys until they take their masks off. Despite them having been wearing their masks throughout Revolution.