So guys "Wheel of Time" is being made into a TV series

anyone else got high hopes for the franchise

giv aes sedai gf

I don't get high hopes anymore.
I just sometimes get pleasant suprises

No
I always suspected he was being cucked by his slutty barren wife and the rape of the plot by Sanderson and the abomination that was the so called encyclopaedia proved it - htf you are supposed to look up stuff in that pile of shit

>Sony

Not even a little.

YOU WILL ALL FUCKING SEE MY DEDICATION IS WORTH IT WHEN THE SHOW GETS MADE

>weak genreshit is getting the netflix treatment
The stakes have never been higher.

It's going to suck just like the books do.
>Gary stu main character
>haram anime disguised in fantasy setting
>every single female character is a fetish stereotype that is written to be a mans fantasy and not an actual person
>girl next door, aristocrat, tribal warrior,
Dominatrix and of course the forbidden fruit he must have
>about a quarter of all the books is built up around the pining over the main character
>the main character is an obvious self insert of the author

might as well remake love hina in a fantasy setting.

this is what i love about guys like you

you obviously read maybe 4 or 5 books which are all like 1000 pages long and you've invested so much time into it probably months if not a couple of years on and off reading

then you decide to shit on the books not realising we are all laughing at how cucked you are

*tugs braid*

Obligatory

>reading a book takes a month
>reading is a waste of time
>should you read something and decide you you don't like it, you should not finish the book
>haha you can talk about something you don't like with knowledge of it
>what a loser for giving something your friends like a try

It's sad you think reading a book takes a month. For normal people, it doesn't. I think that's the saddest part of your post. Also you didn't actually address how my point that this series is the male equivalent to twilight.
>which one will he end up with?
>marry me I've loved you since book 2!
>no me! I wear only leather and will be your don!
>what about me? Im the girl next door.
Sad.

I gonna read the books and hopefully meet a favorite character in the caliber like Jaqen H'ghar, the same goes for Witcher.

What sword is that? The one Rand gets from his father?

>The Point
>Your Head

wew i skimmed half your post because i didn't want to catch autism

keep reading that mess of a series called GoT oh so superior /lit/poof

I have em. Anyone else want a Robert Jordan TV show next? hopefully Stormlight Archives

Do you think I could read all 14 books + the prequel before the show starts?

Brandon Sanderson* fuck me

i haven't had a chance to read sandersons books are they worth it i thought he was pretty meh when he took the reigns of WoT after jordan passed

it took me like a year of on and off reading, my cousin did it in like 3 months

Depends, are you dyslexic?

If not, you should be able to manage a book a week

Were you born with a smartphone up your asscrack?

If not, you should be able to finish a book in half that time

Jordans writing is pretty easy but yeah its long as fuck i reckon if your dedicated 6 months but that could go out to like 12 months if you lose interest from time to time

i'm on book 5 and theirs certain story arcs that are fucking hard to get through as well as meaningless dream sequences

its mostly the female characters chapters that tend to be a struggle

I really do consider his Stormlight Archive series to be the next Game of Thrones/ Wheel of TIme/ Lord of the Rings level thing. The world he's built in it is extreely interesting, and it look like it's gonna be huge. Book 3 just hit the shelves, I believe he's planning on making ten though. read that shit

>a book a week

Is everyone comment in this thread a repost?

ok i'll give it a shot i'm trying to read like 4 or 5 books at once on top of other shit

i dunno

I won't lie, after book six, it gets really, really boring, and I would say that that it doesn't really pick back up until Sanderson takes over (imo he did a great job)

I guarantee they make Perrin black and Matt Mexican

yeah i think jordan let the ball drop a bit and didn't really keep things rolling and then sanderson had to come in and sew everything up

i agree he did a good job at that but the writing seemed more like "lets get this shit finished" rather than "lets continue the story"

not sandersons fault though

The beginning is a bit hard to understand because he doesn't come out and explain exactly how the world works, but you pick it up pretty quickly

It's only difficult if you're a stupid cunt that suffers from lack of reading comprehension.

Make yourself a nice pot of tea and spend a few hours reading.

You'll be surprised at how comfy it is

I'm not holding my breath.

It was safe from normies.

some of us read and contemplate what is written instead of just speed reading brah and a lot of us don't lie on the internet

to try and sound more smart

Reading the first few books week by week is plausible, but let's be honest, Jordan starts to take it really slow, and brings in too many characters. everyone I know lost interest for a while in the middle of the series

it really sucks that we don't have a board to talk about books. every time I go on /lit/ to make a thread about science fiction they call me a retard and go back to talking about philosophy :(

>some of us read and contemplate what is written instead of just speed reading brah

You mean take a break and browse facebook, because concentrating on one thing for more than 5 minutes is an impossible task for a millennial?

dont really have high hopes for anything anymore so no

theirs a dedicated sci-fi fantasy thread on /lit/ brah

It was kinda like a mix between a soap opera and DBZ, lots of filler, but I was always hyped for ending it with Rand and everybody kicking ass together.

But yeah Im guessing his goal was to spend all that time in the world to flesh it out but every country was pretty generic and unmemorable and I read it like three years ago and cant remember anything about the countries other than Caemlyn and Tear

But its a comfy read

The books suck. Not trolling. They are poorly written meandering trash.

fuck you