first avengers
guardians 1 and 2
civil war

>short
>rushed plot
>contributed nothing to MCU
>not defined style
I think you meant GotG instead of Ragnarok

All the MCU movies are 6/10 or better. Prove me wrong.

Captain America First Avenger was dank

First 2 Thor movies are easily 5/10 or worse

There's like three good capeshit movies and they are certainly not from the marvel cinematic universe.

I really liked doctor strange

And what it is?

TDK
Watchmen
Days of the Future Past

Le TDK is good meme

lol not. gotg was an abomination to the source material. one of the worst marvel movies

Iron man and Cap 1 and 2, Avengers is good too. Hiddleston is excellent as Loki, but the Thor films are ruined with awful female characters like Jane, and the erasure of white people from our own culture, so fuck them.

don't be such a contrarian

First Class is the best X-Men film

Winter Soldier was boring, and stupid, and I hated it.

Literally 5 seconds after Fury said "trust no one" he trusted agent 13.

Literally 5 seconds after, I counted.

I wouldn't know because all I ever seen was Ironman 1 and 2.

And boy do I love my case for Ironman 1

Yeah, it's between those 2

There are no good Marvel movies

Definitely good
>Ironman
>Winter Solder
>Guardians 1
>Ragnarok
>Avengers 1

Good depending who you ask
>Antman
>Guardians 2
>Civil War

TDK
Watchmen
BvS
X2
Days of a future past

Holy shit. The bar is THAT low

>montage after montage

>Hugo Weaving phoning it in

>Hero who never has any problems with anything despite any flaws or shortcomings

>awful CGI for shield-bouncing, the character's signature attack

naw, it was garbage

I had fun watching it

>gave thor a massive power boost
>destroyed asgard and sent all the asgardians to earth
>either loki or thanos now has the tesseract since it was explicitly shown on screen as being in the asgard vault
>hulk finally being brought back to earth after being missing since aou

It contributed plenty to MCU. Which is not to say it really needed to, the films which only exist to introduce an infinity stone or set up the next movie are usually the worst (see: The Dark World)

Iron Man 3 is full on shit. Completely destroyed Tony's character so thoroughly Disney had to show the audience a note at the end telling them he didn't quit.

You're both wrong. There hasn't been a good X-men movie since 2.

>gotg was an abomination to the source material
Oh yes I forgot Tony Stark was a 5'7 guy, but Wolverine is 6'2. Also Tony was kidnapped by Muslim in the comics, and how Ultron was created by Tony Stark, and how Civil War involved 12 heroes fighting in an airport.

Try watching with your eyes open and the volume up next time

I forget how good the first Iron Man movie actually is. No wonder it started this entire craze proper.

>Great movies
IM 1
Avengers

>Fun movies
Ant man
Guardians1/2
Civil war

>Okay movies
Hulk
Thor
Strange

>Meh mvoies
Avengers 2
Spiderman
Iron man 2
Winter Soldier
First Avengers

>Bad movies
Thor 2
IM 3

Didn't watch Ragnarok

I did that, had a really pleasant time.

Sometimes I wonder how that movie is the one with the worst box office.

>Strange

I feel like they just did it because you know Strange will have a role to play in the coming battle. They waited too long to introduce magic into MCU.

It got less quipping, that's why it's good

Add GotG1 (fuck 2 besides the Yondu parts) and IM3 there too.

The fuck are you on about?
IM3 is one of the best mahvel movies because it gave Tony a character besides a quipping super armour.

Unbreakable is better than any 'capeshit' film
Logan was good too

Logan is shit and I fucking hate dipshits like you who tricked me into watching it.

I agree with the user saying it was shit. It had great potential and some good parts, but overall wasted its R rating and the sendoff to the characters.

Hulk deserves more than that.
It's not really MCU or capeshit and actually tells a story that ties with the hero with some level of depth.
Quipshit fireworks displays don't compare.

>and 2
You mean Ant Man

The only ones I like are Iron Man 1 and 3, The first Captain America, and Guardians 1. I hated Winter Soldier and Civil War and never got the hype over either of them. I haven't seen Ragnarok or Doctor Strange.

This
some of the scenes are downright awful
I can't stop laughing whenever I see the black lightning kid
and the "emotional" scene seems forceful except for Xavier part

>IM3 is one of the best mahvel movies

Your use of 'mahvel' makes me think you might be sarcastic, but no, good movies don't require short films that retcon their plots.

Unbreakable wasn't capeshit dumbass. It's good because you think it's a thriller, and the twist towards the end makes you totally rethink the rules it's been operating by.
Logan was pompous and dull. Like the Nolan Batmans but not even absurd enough to laugh at.

I liked it, but it definitely gets overhyped. The middle is boring as fuck, and X-24 was lame.

He should have quit since he was garbage in Age of Ultron and Civil War and both movies would have been better without him. IM 3 was the perfect send off.

Punisher (2004).

IM3 is a good movie, good plot, good characters, good motivations, good pacing, etc... The main problem is The Mandarin, which feels like an insult to fans, because you got like this mini-Thanos that controls everything with his rings, but Marvel gave us a retired comic actor, also the fact that everybody wears a IM suit and they are sliced like butter (Despite they were fighting aliens and military equipment in previous movies).

The best MCU movies are the Cap trilogy and Avengers

The only terrible movies of the MCU are Homecoming and Iron Man 3

And the only underwhelming movies of the franchise are Iron Man 2 and Thor 2.

Otherwise each movie is between good and great. Stay mad plebs

It's always the same vague defenses for Iron Man 3. Even the fan service at the end was bad.

>look, that armor is kind of like the Hulkbuster and held up a pillar! how exciting!

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

Thor 1 is the best MCU movie, almost all of the others are awful.

>People unironically think tdk was bad
wow

He was terrible and unnecessary in Homecoming as well. He should have stayed retired so that way we'd miss him by now and there's be a lot of hype about his return in Infinitiy War.

so you're saying it's not overrated?

overrated =/= bad

The Marvel films that stuck with me after the first watch are:

Iron Man
Winter Soldier
Guardians 1 & 2
Ant-Man

HAHAHAHA THE JOOZ AMIRITE GUYS

I wasn't sarcastic. I never was a huge Iron Man comic fan just really liked the first movie, thought the 2nd one was a disaster (worst marvel movie) and was surprised how willing 3 was to break away from all the reused tropes up till then.
So I liked the Mandarin twist very much, because I believed the marketing and didn't do extensive research before watching it. Kingsley gave a really great performance too.
Pepper offing the big bad was also neat and Tony being resourceful without the armour was great.
The short film retconning the Mandarin is the best way to deal with the critizism too. They can't erase it from the movie, but instead they open the door for the real deal to come later.

Great Tier:
Iron Man 1
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Guardians of the Galaxy

Good Tier:
Dr. Strange
Avengers 1

Meh Tier:
Captain America: Civil War
Thor
Iron Man 3
Guardians of the Galaxy 2

Shit Tier:
Captain America: The First Avenger
Avengers 2: Age of Ultron
Thor 2:The Dark World
Spiderman: Homecoming
Iron Man 2
Ant Man

Haven't Seen Tier:
Ragnarok

I just realized how many Marvel movies are genuinely shit. Why are these popular again?

le villain is a clone of the hero. I never want to hear that compliant about MCU ever again.

>So I liked the Mandarin twist very much

Personally, I wouldn't have minded that twist so much if Killian wasn't hot garbage(no pun intended). Everything about his character was lame. He was a weeaboo bellyrubber.

The child side-kick was incredibly lame too. The product placement shot at the end of the movie is one of the most disgustingly blatant ones I've ever seen. Like, seriously, he has a verizon screen saver. No one has a verizon screen saver.

All in all, the second, while underwhelming, was leaps and bounds better. If the climax battle against Vanko wasn't 10 seconds long, it could have been epic. I'd definitely take 10 minutes of Avengers build up over the kid of Killian anyday.

Great
>Iron Man
>GotG 1/2

Good
>Avengers
>The Winter Soldier
>Ant-Man

Meh
>Civil War
>Spiderman Homecoming
>Thor Ragnarok

Shit
Everything else

Strange how different people's tastes are. I normally hate kid sidekicks but I loved those parts in IM3 as every single time the kid opened his mouth Tony would rip into him viciously.
I might rewatch 2 sometime, but it gave me one of the worst movie experiences of the last decade.

>Strange how different people's tastes are.

Well, duh, like no shit.

In the end though, I think you are the very person to at least attempt a substantive defense of IM3, so I can respect that. Most of the time people just do the internet equivalent of nervously avoiding eye contact by just listing general elements that are a part of literally every movie ever like 'acting' or 'plot' while never really detailing what exactly they liked about those in this film.

IM3 was a good idea but shitty execution.

I haven't GG2 yet, but I'm pretty on board with this list.

I'm sorry I spent money to see Ragnarok. You can fucking smell the producers wanking on gotg success and how calculated it is. Seriously, Marvel movies should be taught in business school.

I'm very biased towards Guardians in general. The first movie helped to lift me out of a deep depression two years ago. I had a lot of fun with the second one, although I can imagine some may think it's a bit too much.

Why does everyone love Winter Soldier so much? It was just a dumb action movie and wasn't particularly memorable.

I liked Guardians 2, but it has some real flaws. The first act is incredibly weak. And while some of the humor is amazing, other jokes get really grating. They drove the Taserface joke right into the ground

First Thor was better than 5/10 while Thor 2 was worse

Ah shit, I loved the Taserface shit. I didn't have a problem with any act in particular, to be honest.

>tfw I liked Thor 1

Iron Man is one of the best blockbusters in the last 25 years. Great film.

DC wished they could introduce a character like they did Stark. I'm yet to see an MCU film come anywhere near that though.

GotG1 is one of the best movies I have seen in the last 10 years. It was fresh with a lot of heart put into it.
GotG2 tried to emulate that and it failed for me.
I hated how there was forced animosity between Quill and RR. It felt out of the blue and comepletely disregarded what transpired in GotG1. The humour was also mostly miss with the mentioned Taserface and everything involving baby Groot, fuck the cunt that came up with that. Some jokes were really nice at least, like the walking carpet or the idolized father cameo.
The music was much less impactful. It didn't feel as fitting as it did for the first movie.
Every single Yondu scene is complete gold at least.

I had a similiar feeling with IM3 as I did with GotG1, that it was fresh and tried its best to break away from the boring formulas as much as it could so it has a high rank among MCU films for me, but I understand why people would not like it.

I don't have a very emotional connection to Guardians, but I liked it partly because I like James Gunn and partly because it was Marvel just saying "Fuck the haters, we can make a hit out of literally anything." Haven't seen 2 yet so I'm not going to opine on it.
Winter Soldier and Ant-Man are far from masterpieces but they're very enjoyable genre tweaks held up by solid casts.
The biggest let downs IMO are Thor 1&2 because they spend entirely too much time farting around with Thor+Jane when Hemsworth and Portman have ZERO chemistry. I mean, I'm not a fan of Tony + Pepper but at least Downy and Paltrow can play off each other decently.

First half of IM1 is good. 2nd half is typical Marvel garbage. Sadly, this qualifies it as best MCU.

I was hoping they'd set-up Killian as the anti-Tony (not the anti-Iron Man) and that A.I.M. would have had a bigger role in the MCU.
But fire breathing super villain is ok....I guess.