How do webcomic/animators artists deal with criticism? How do they deal with getting poached by SJWs?

How do webcomic/animators artists deal with criticism? How do they deal with getting poached by SJWs?

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/mermaid_memer/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I didn't knew that every animatior/comic artist that ever existed was the same person

constructive criticism should be welcomed and encouraged.

anything other than that should be ignored.

If it's actually criticism they fucking take it, the good ones do at least.

The good ones also ignore SJW's because all they want is to be pandered to and any self respecting storyteller puts their story ahead of the wants of the vocal minority.

I'm not stating that, I'm just wondering how they don't crack under the pressure of the cancer of the internet. Eddsworld is the perfect example of a webtoon going straight to hell. How do these people manage?

The mentality of "the complainer is always right" is kind of stupid tho.

Even more if you are talkng about the opinions of places like Sup Forums, that are full of brain damaged children, that know nothing about cartoons or comics.

You better not bring that Instagram shit from /hyw/ in here

What the fuck are you on about?

Hand-stabbing

How's You're Webcomic is raiding some Instagram comic artist's account right now

BASED

DevianArt is cancer though, that's to be expected

Is SA still a thing?

I don't get it. Is it because he's fat?

>How should webcomic/animators artists deal with criticism?
They should first make sure if the criticism is valid and not just shitflinging, and consider the criticism and learn how to improve their work based off it

>How do webcomic/animators artists deal with criticism?
[autistic screeching and comment closing]

>the complainer is always right
That's not the mesage at all, but that's what you got out of it and in turn insult everyone around you as wrong and clueless.
You are exactly like Dobson, pathetic.

>BLOCKED
oh man
AKA everyone on taptastic

Since when did they start doing raids? I thought they were just a club group for artists and writers. The hell happened?

They're a bunch of ametuer comic artists that have very little to discuss so they jump at any drama they can get. They basically desided to raid this girl because one guy didn't like that she was doing traditional art instead of digital.

Wow.
What the actual fuck?

Damn really? I remember joining the group when it first started up and it seemed okay. I left a few months down the line because I felt I wasn't getting much experience from it. Hell I noticed alot of people who were in there I stayed friends with left for the same reason. All I hear from people who stayed is just drama and someone said this or that.

Guess it was a smart move to leave.

Hi' Dobson, still seeing everything with a black/white perspective?

Oh why bother asking, you're Incapable of anything but.

Actually it's because some autist from a /r9k/ creativity thread sperged out and took his jealousy issues way too far and they actually thought it was a good idea to get involved

>one guy didn't like that she was doing traditional art instead of digital.

I wish I could find this sorry excuse of a man and beat him to a bloody pulp.

Who the hell is the main mod in control of hyw now?

I haven't followed them for years, last I knew they were all bitching about Scribblehatch and shitposting anyone who tried to post there.
reminds me of old /qtg/ from /tg/, was supposed to be quest discussion but it turned into autists getting assmad about quests and festered to such a degree that they formed a completely unironic "plan to destroy Sup Forums" IRC after the threads got banned.

She's actually been super chill about the whole thing which is rusling people's feathers even more.

Why did Aaron Diaz think this was directed towards him, does the girl look like one of his characters?

>Scribblehatch

Yeah that's a name I keep hearing mixed shit about. He's on my friends list I think, I just don't talk to the guy. I remember asking people what happened and I got two stories, one from if you were friends with him and one if you weren't.

>implying Sup Forums is not stupid.

Half of the fucks here probably think that they make an episode of cartoon on 3 weeks.

>drawing a picture for every new follower she gets
>they originally just went to spam her
Shit's funny as fuck

This is exactly the sort of post that you see in HYC.

Scribblehatch just happened to be a bitch sometimes, but comfy others.

anyone who actually works on webcomics anymore left for the discord over a year ago. Everything else (especially the skype group) is the worst kind of cult of personality style circlejerk

They should take it into careful consideration, and decide from an objective view whether or not the criticism is correct. If it is, thank the person and make measures to improve yourself. If it isnt, don't flame the guy, just know that people get upset over trivial things.

Completely disregard and ignore any criticism that comes from a place of anger and stupidity. It is not smart to give in, it is not smart to respond.

I just remember him writing a mediocre comic and starting a shitstorm over... patreon? I can't even remember what it was, just that people got mad about him and he got defensive and it escalated predictably.

I think the best Scribblehatch moments was when he was going on a big rant about how much a bunch of anti-free speech meanies the somethingawful comic book thread were being for making fun of his comic so I made a snide post about it in /hyw/, and he banned some random guy from the skype chat over it on a hunch and justified it by saying the guy started trouble anyway so it was probably him

Seeing scribblehatch get salty about people directly referencing the skype chat and trying to figure out who was talking about him was one of my favorite things to do back in the day

Who is this?

Thing is, she's not even that bad and they're making a huge freaking deal about it. Here's her account, but she hasn't even been active very long.
instagram.com/mermaid_memer/

I'll tell you what you do: you DOUBLE DOWN.

Take whatever facet people complain about and shove it in as many facets of your work as you can, be it a character or a plotpoint or whatever. You'll get more complaints than ever but you know what? That just means you're doing a good job. The more pissed off your critics are (who could only be homophobes, transphobes, racists, and other brands of bigot), the more virtuous and progressive your work is.

Just remember: everything can be transphobia if you look hard enough.

>Not discussing the King

More to the point, she's not that GOOD. To be jealous over this is amazingly pathetic. To raid someone so mediocre for just existing and having followers is just so stupid.

>How do webcomic/animators artists deal with criticism?
By blocking the people who criticize them

I'm just suprised the whole thread hasn't gotten shut down yet. Pretty sure they're planning to raid her draw with me live streams that happen on fridays, which is just dumb because it's literally just a live drawing tutorial so there's nothing there for them to latch onto

Find some general correlation between all of your complainers and use that to dismiss them.

he wasn't insulting everything, just Sup Forums
who, to be fair, are frequently wrong and clueless

google says this is that Sweet Guy korean manhwa. Haven't caught up, but it's pretty lewd

You can't get criticism if you provide no comments section

>>Poached by SJWs
I see the red scare is really intense on Sup Forums still.

By learning to take on board constructive criticism and ignore everything else. It's really not that difficult.

It's just the old internet adage of not feeding the trolls. Someone makes critical comments in a reasonable manner about your art or writing? Fair enough, take a look and see if they might have a point. Someone screaming at you about everything you do being shit or that you should be doing things that cater to their particular tastes or politics? Just ignore it. Completely ignore it. Don't respond in any way.

Top kek. But yeah, I like drawing hands most of the time. It's the fucking feet that I have a problem with.