Toonami Ratings for 3/4/17

Just a reminder, I know everyone is hype as fuck for Jack and excited to see how it does, but do NOT make ratings threads without the full Toonami ratings. We don't need early partial number threads. It's not going to kill anyone to wait an extra hour or two to panic/celebrate about Jack.

The NEW 10 episode season of Samurai Jack begins this Saturday at 11pm. Just 4 more days now lads, full throttle hype.

Sand Whale and Me starts March 18th at 12am. Each episode is a 5 minute short so it's just being squeezed in, nothing else changes.

Adult Swim is funding two new 6 episode seasons of FLCL. Expected release 2018.

Last weeks ratings actually managed to turn around and not be awful for the first time in a few months. This week was more of the same with another pretty OK week, until One Piece where there is a gigantic drop in viewers.

11:30 Dragon Ball Super 1217 0.58 738
12:00a Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters 1102 0.52 663
12:30a JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure 941 0.43 557
1:00a Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn 908 0.41 525

1:30a Hunter X Hunter 800 0.36 468
2:00a Naruto: Shippuden 745 0.35 443
2:30a One Piece 587 0.28 354
3:00a Ghost in the Shell (r) 528 0.24 311

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/sW6X_Ke_N3M
youtu.be/hndGApmuUdA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

TIME SKIP WHEN

Jack reruns bombed this week. Not that it matters since they are being pulled for Bobs Burgers starting this Saturday

8:00 Dragon Ball Super 0.51 857 0.33 427
8:30 Samurai Jack (r) 0.35 550 0.22 286
9:00 American Dad (r) 0.46 715 0.30 388
9:30 Rick & Morty (r) 0.48 740 0.34 431

10:00 Rick & Morty (r) 0.56 844 0.42 534
10:30 Family Guy (r) 0.69 1055 0.52 664
11:00 Family Guy (r) 1329 0.64 820

Looks like people were into KotH reruns this week

3:30a American Dad (r) 515 0.25 325
4:00a Rick & Morty (r) 521 0.26 329
4:30a Rick & Morty (r) 554 0.27 351

5:00a King of the Hill (r) 655 0.32 416
5:30a King of the Hill (r) 638 0.32 404

Best

FHEEEEEEEEEEEEFEHFEHFEHFEFHFEHFEHFEHFEHFEHFEHFEHFEHFHEFEH

Based SIlver Fox is back

Lucky that stupid split head guy won't be back for long. Nobody likes him

>stupid split head

He.....he said it again.....

post YFW Jojo's Bizarre Memeventure's ratings are so shit Demarco doesn't air S3

Sugar WHEN

The gap between Naruto and One Piece is puzzling, I always assumed they had high crossover since those two and Bleach were the face of Shonen Jump in america for the past ~15 years.

>FHEEEEEEEEEEEEFEHFEHFEHFEFHFEHFEHFEHFEHFEHFEHFEHFEHFHEFEH

HORO HORO HORO HORO HORO HORO

Admit it. You havent had this much fun since KLK.

Naruto, One Piece, and Bleach fans all hate each other.

One Piece is viewed as kiddie by western Naruto fans. Premiering with a 4kids dub didn't help

Jojo has honestly been pretty boring. The only people I see having "fun" are the ones who already watched it and spew memes all night. Everyone else is just kind of taking it as it goes. None of the "epic" moments warrant much reaction

What's the matter Sup Forums? Can't get your friends to watch JoJo?

I thought I had my Dragon Ball killer after you all started bitching about the lack of JoJo, but I guess I'm wrong.

At least Mob Psycho 100 is more loyal than your memebase.

Where is toonami right now?
Still a while yet I assume.

Of course you hate any anime that doesnt pander to you fetish of scantily clad anime girls.

I like Jojo, but:

>scantily clad anime girls
>fetish
How is that remotely a fetish?

It's like saying you have an attractive women fetish.

Its a fetish because theyre not real women.

There are plenty of "real women' that are fetishes however.

Being real or not doesn't qualify.

Being attracted exclusivley to a certain kind of woman is popularly seen as a fetish.

did someone say mob psycho 100

the dub finished airing on funimation's website so i guess it's possible for it to come to toonami again

'attractive' could be seen as a fetish.

But no, that's not actually the definition of what's a fetish.

A fetish is something, typically non sexual but not always, that you _need_ to have to have an orgasm.

Kind of splitting hairs, but, there's such a thing as a "kink" as well.

Also, being attracted only to 2D and not 3dpd isn't a fetish. It's common sense.

Youre obviously being ironic now.

Only slightly.
3DPD is a mental disorder.

>10 episode season of Jack

So Genndy's gonna put an end on it right? He's not gonna gamble on this getting another season right?

>Premiering with a 4kids dub didn't help
I hate this excuse cause it doesnt have anything to do with it.

stfu one hit wonder

At least it was a hit.

Like 2-3 years away at the absolute earliest

Yes, it was marketed as a conclusion the second it was announced. It's more insurance for AS, if it bombs, no biggie it's over and no one can bitch. If it does amazing, it's over, no one can bitch for more seasons

What arc are they on?

>just saw the GitS final trailer in the theatre

Holy fuck this going to be equal parts amazing and shitty

>Naruto shows up in the west
>one of the first PG shows CN ever aired
>in comparison to what CN was airing at the time seemed really adult and mature to kids watching
>goofy comedy shows or heavily censored action was all CN ever aired before and what kids who were getting a little older wanted to get away from
>Naruto becomes a huge hit

Then One Piece comes along
>Y7 dub
>censorship everywhere
>even the with the Funi dub OP is still goofy and lighthearted most of the time so this was really magnified with 4kids in charge
>those aging kids who want away from exactly what OP is doing hate it and flock to Naruto

But please, since you know so much explain to the rest of us why OP dumps a ton of viewers each week

Jojoniggers are like wrestling smarks

They are elitist about gay shit that casuals hate because it slurps jizz

We just left Thriller Bark 2 weeks ago

what did u c?

You poor bastards.

>when the 4kids dub aired it was just as popular where I lived as Naruto and Bleach
>if anything it lost popularity when Funi got it because everyone I knew watched the sub or read the manga by then to get the original and people only kept watching the 4kids dub because they liked the voices

my town was weird

>if you don't like this anime with heavy gay undertones and a fanbase who makes sure you know about all the gay ships then you only like anime with women

Sound argument there Jojobrony

Here's to another lousy thread.

Why is this phrased like its our problem? If people aren't watching Jojo it's up to Demarco to make the call on not putting P3 on

Good grief.

J-Jut wait for the p-part with the S-S-Stands!

And if it does do amazing, it opens the door for other ambitious projects.

Fuck, I'm beginning to think not even Stands will save JoJo. Like other anons have said, the series is too gay for casuals to come around to.

I've also come to realize that the only people who spout Stand memes are autists. No normies/casuals doing it.

>"oh look a anime with an autistic fanbase, gross."

Logan

>But please, since you know so much explain to the rest of us why OP dumps a ton of viewers each week
I was one of those kids who hated OP and love Naruto simply because Naruto was cool ninja shit and OP is goofy "pirate" antics (especially at the beginning). OP didnt get good until Luffy's final fight with crocodile in alabasta. Naruto Part 1 was pretty solid good stuff.

nice. but yeah im also tempted to see the gits movie.

>3rd best rating show that isn't dragon ball
>"J-JOJO FLOPPED"

I don't watch this shit. Is toonami doing that bad to where only 1 show isn't flopping?

Don't listen to shitposters.

*sigh* tg. what do we do now?

sam jack season 2 can not come any sooner.

The last episode made Mike Lazzo really uncomfortable if that means anything.

>OP didnt get good until Luffy's final fight with crocodile in alabasta.
And that was the last time it was good.

Hypothetically. All western options are written off. So either they roll the dice on a brand new western action project, or they do what they did for Big O and GitS and fund some new seasons of anime that didn't get finished

If it does amazing then Genndy won't have to be Adam Sandler's bitch to keep getting work and will get control over his own project(s)

>jojo does good for 2 weeks
>this means we are just supposed to ignore the 2 straight months it did terrible

Captcha was a "no standing" sign kek

adam sandler?

What anime is this?

ONE PIECE

Genndy is the director of the Hotel Transylvania movies. Adam Sandler voices Dracula.

Though it's more Genndy being Sony's bitch. They made him do these movies with a Samurai Jack movie as the carrot on a stick. Then after Genndy completed his end of the bargain, the executives tried to tell him how he should do a movie and Genndy left.

Just imagine folks. Samurai Jack movie with the meddling of Sony executives.

So what other TTGo voices will we here in Jack? Raven is already confirmed

WHEN I SAY FRIDAY

Probably Kevin Michael Richardson (Trigon). He's voiced loads of characters in past Jack seasons (the blue guy who helped give Jack his name. The Guardian, the DJ).

That should be it though. Jack doesn't have that many voice actors and they voice multiple characters

Dang I thought everyone liked Jojo. Maybe it's too weird.

Genndy didn't direct 2 regardless of what you thought, he may have been on at the start, but after Sony cancelled Popeye, he pretty much just gave up on Sony.

>Dang I thought everyone liked Jojo.
You got fooled by the memers.

> Genndy didn't direct 2

Then who did? It still looks and feels like the first one, regardless of whether or not the writing was poorer.

It's too gay. We got a bump in ratings thanks to Lisa Lisa's butt, but once people realize that's it for female fanservice (or hot females in general) Jojo will go back to being a ratings blackhole.

Adam Sandler

He might be credited but apparently Sandler stuck his dick even further into the project so it could literally be his name was stuck on it to help sell it.

where's the gaynes in this anime? are anime fans this shallow?

am i on Sup Forums right now?

>Scantily clad fit men dramatically posing every episode.
>barely any women.
>"where's the gayness".

Come on user. And it doesn't matter what you call them. Normies aren't buying into the Jojo meme.

Not defending JoJo, but wasn't DBZ just a bunch of shirtless men with bulging muscles screaming?

I mean it's homoerotic, but not gay. Like there's no BL relationships.

If you count DIO and that priest.

If DeMarco actually goes for broke and gives Stardust Crusaders are chance despite the abysmal ratings of the previous parts and it bombs as well, JoJo is as good as done on Toonami.

DBZ has alot less posing, less scantily clad men, and shirtless moments comes from clothing damage. DBZ also has more women show up regularly.

yeah but they jack off to bulma, chi chi and videll.

its just that jojo doesnt have any waifubait, thats why they dont like it

SC would be bombing for a year straight then, it would take Toonami down with it.

Never forget.
youtu.be/sW6X_Ke_N3M
youtu.be/hndGApmuUdA

I remember the fall out, do you?

Nah, in all seriousness, that was an incredibly stupid thing to spout out on twitter. But of course, blonds acting like assholes=Trump apparently.

You forget that DBZ was aired 5 times a week so we'd get through to Namek just to start all over again within a month or so.

what?
Samurai jack season 2 has been out for many many years

>Jojo ratings are typically in the 900 to 800
>"DUDE RATINGS FAILURE LMAO"

As far as ratings go, that isn't EXTREMELY HORRID like everyone is making it out to be. You all act like this is getting Home Movie ratings, which were realistically just mediocre instead of a program block killer.
Yeah, the drop isn't great and JoJo fans were expecting and boasting about JoJo getting DBZ-tier ratings but at best the ratings are decent to mediocre but not a complete failure

do half you people even watch toonami or are you shitposters who just come here to shitpost about the ratings since /toonami general/ is easy to meme on

It's shitposters. It's the same faggots who complain about not being able to follow a show that literally walks you through each and every plot point at the start of the episode and ignore conversations so they can bitch about being lost. Unicorn isn't even hard to follow, it's just extremely boring when a grunt fight doesn't happen.

Even though each series was considered "the big three" in the west, the audience for them differed when it came for each other taste-wise. Naruto fans only liked Naruto and thought One Piece was kiddie and Bleach was too stupid. Bleach fans only liked Bleach and thought One Piece was kiddie and Naruto was kiddie AND stupid. One Piece fans only liked One Piece and thought Naruto and Bleach were inferior.

I was really into manga when Naruto and OP first started coming out over on this side of the Pacific. Each month I would pick up the latest Shonen Jump for another fix of what, 3 chapters? back then. OP seemed too childish to me, Naruto seemed pretty cool going through the Zabuza arc, my favorites were Yu Yu Hakusho and Shaman King while the Yugioh manga completely ruined the show for me. Naruto is still a big nostalgia thing for me.

I never really gave OP a chance back then, reading it only because it was included each month. I started reading it recently and love it, but I am not the same person I was when I was 14. A lot of my interests have changed since then, and I'm a lot more willing to accept the goofiness while reading OP now than I was back then.

I could not imagine that version of me watching Sentai like I do. Some Riders sure, though he'd probably write off Fourze while it is one of my favorites, but not Sentai.

Another slot was sacrificed for a long runner that was hyped to roll in ratings like Dragon Ball and it barely scratched the surface of what was promised. Now the slot is wasted for something that would have been food.

you guys kinda do the same thing here on Sup Forums.

blondes acting like assholes = aryans.

also i see no point in actively seeking and keeping track of such comments, if youre not an autist.

Multiple faggots begged for Jojo, so don't even pretend that it wasn't what a good few wanted themselves. Just because you don't like the anime doesn't mean others do. Also you do realize they try to get shit that's popular at the time and it bites them in the ass hard, like AgK had terrible rerun ratings and same with AoT. Hell AoT caused rating dips because they put it at the start of the block since the fucks would just stop watching once they got what they wanted.

Oh. its been awhile since i watched it. I thought it was one long single season.

>Multiple faggots begged for Jojo
I know, they were a big part of the problem.

"Dude, Jojo will save Toonami!"
"Normalfags love JoJo!"
"DIOOOOOOOOOOO!"
"This must be the work of an enemy stand!"

Now look where we are.

>typically 900-800
Outright lie

It's like you are being stupid on purpose. "900-800" as you put it isn't a measure of success. It's gigantic loss from Kai every week for the past 2 months that is the problem. If Kai pulls 1mil and Jojo pulls 770k, that is still a good night. The issue is Kai pulls 1.2mil and Jojo pulls 770k right after. That is the definition of horrid ratings

But if it makes you feel better, this and last week were actually good, so your gentle jojobrony feelings don't have to feel too hurt

AgK never reran you moron. If you are gonna deflect Jojo failures onto other shows at least try

>Sup Forums rejects that come here every week spammed Jojo memes that usually get them banned on Sup Forums
>lmao see TG totally wanted Jojo

If more than a loud minority actually wanted Jojo it wouldn't be in the situation it's in in the first place