AYO LEMME AX U SUMTHIN Sup Forums

What'd y'all think of the punisher season 1?

Eps 1, 5, 7, 10-13 are good. The rest are meh. The show is pretty slow paced but I enjoyed it.

where was deardevil?
where was bulletproof black?
where was lady?

I'm at episode 7 right now.

Other than episode 1, I've felt more like I'm watching Law and Order mixed with Homeland. This isn't the Punisher.

almost as boring as better call saul
him beating those robbers and the end of ep 12 are probably the highlights

I don't care about Madani's shitty CSI scenes

I don't care about Billy's annoying voice

I don't care about Lewis and his exaggerated "PTSD"

I want to see Frank and Micro planning attacks and targets, and then Frank taking out these targets without mercy.

>Other than episode 1, I've felt more like I'm watching Law and Order mixed with Homeland. This isn't the Punisher.
This. I'm three episodes in, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to drop the series. I'm really tired how Netflix is treating these shows; instead of handling them like actual TV shows, they're turning them into extended movies with a bunch of filler I can't bring myself to care about.

I agree with y'all. I still think bernthal is best punisher but I feel like the shit we normally associate the punisher with is way underutilized in the show. Overall I don't think it was bad just not as good as I was hoping for.

I've just finished episode 6 and I'm enjoying it so far. A lot of clichés, but they've been pulled off well for the most part so far. The action is a huge improvement on Iron Fist and the Defenders too.

why is this show such sjw leftist propaganda?

the sexist high power officer harasses the strong empowered muslim woman

then he gets punished

the depiction of the racist alt-right guy in the help group

the "ur father is a muslim and his faith is what helps him" shit

I think they were afraid to go full punisher because of all the mass shootings recently.

Are you watching the same show as me? There hasn't been any action since episode 1 and 5.

I liked it.
I want to believe that season 2 ill improve on the actual punishing like
Said, but I don't think it was bad by any measure, definitely the best depiction of Frank, outside the comics of course.

>why is this show such sjw leftist propaganda?
>current year
>people still, unironically, ask this about ANY show/movie
You should know the answer by now.
And you should know the answer to any movie or tv show that comes out in the next couple of years.

they do shit on anti gun stuff later on
the boring plot is more offensive anyway

good kike punisher

OP here agreeing with you also. I think next season could work way better if it wasn't as serialized as season 1 and episodes were allowed to have their own distinct plots involving the punisher doing what he does best, hunting criminals down and murdering the shit out of them.

Not bad, needs some zombies and Neagan

>13 episodes

I haven't watched it yet but why do I have a feeling it'll be dragged on?

In the first five minutes of the show, you have Frank literally smashing down WALLS and the MEXICAN construction worker is set up as a victim at the hands of white thugs.

I'm still sad hammer guy wasn't named donald.
Would of been perfect for Sup Forums shit posting.

> mexican construction worker was named Donnie

Good enough

>FRANK PLEASE FUCK MY WIFE

I was shocked at how pro-gun they ended up being

They had a similar pro-gun vibe in Bojack Horseman (before they completely ruined it)

What's up with Netflix these days, they're not following the narrative as much as they should be

Im at episode 8. I'm not sure if I should continue

As a show about coping with PTSD, corruption in the CIA, and general conspiracies, I think it's great.
If you want to see The Punisher, though, rewatch the first half of Daredevil S2.

Just skip to the last two episodes if you care at all. The whole thing is a 3/10

Watch episodes 11 and 12. Don't bother with the rest.

I thought it was okay but I was bothered throughout the whole series because I thought Punisher's technerd helper was called Zero

I thought it was a masterpiece. DD2, Jessica Jones, and Punishers >>>>>> all other Netflix Marvel shows.

I haven't finished Iron Fist or watched the Defenders yet, can I skip to Punisher and not miss out on much?

How many drug dealers did Castle kill? How many child molesters? It's funny how the "Punisher" couldn't find one black criminal in all of New York.

You'll miss literally nothing, Punisher is pretty self-contained. You could even skip DD2 and still figure it out really quickly (though I'd recommend watching DD2 anyway)

Punisher has nothing to do with the defenders whatsoever. But if you watch the defenders you'll be lost on a lot of references unless you watch iron fist which so far has been the worst Netflix marvel show.

Why are all the "white" superheroes being played by Jewish actors?

Also this, and daredevol s2 has been the most kino of the Netflix marvel.

Name 10

revenge flick tier
didn't need the punisher name. in fact it has so little to do with the punisher apart from names it just confuses people that know the punisher comics.
started skipping all the family/medani scenes to get more out of it and it's still very slow and not well made.
oh and bernthals portayal of the character got worse by the minute.

Bernthals punisher was literally the best thing about the entire show tho.

You severely underestimate the NRA.

Would this be a better show if it was on AMC?

All of the stuff that carries from the other series can be ignored. Karen Page can simply be a journalist who knew Frank. Turk is just a random criminal who sells guns. Mahoney is just a detective from NYPD. Sure, having watched the previous series give you a better connection to the characters, but they don't really add anything storywise.

>almost as boring as better call saul

I hope you get run down by a car. Better Call Saul is brilliant.

still not a good portrayal of the character.
since when does frank growl and yell and scream around like a bitch?

No

Change the title to something else and get rid of the skull vest which only appears in two episodes, and you could have a somewhat decent police drama.

Took me forever to sit through. Boring as all hell. What the fuck happened to Netflix? Daredevil was great, but the capeshit quality has taken a nosedive since.

You severely overestimate the NRA.

it's a show for pseuds who think they're cool for liking a "slow burner"
you deserve to watch this garbage

I'm 9 episodes in, and you literally have shit taste if you can't see that its the best thing Marvel Netflix has done to date.

>bragging about not having an attention span

found the brainlet

Better Call Saul could be literally 1/4 of the runtime and it would be significantly better

I will never forgive them for that six-fucking minute long opening that shows "oh hey the drugs are snuck in through the food trucks" which HAD ALREADY BEEN EXPLICITLY STATED AND CONTRIBUTED LITERALLY NOTHING NEW TO THE SERIES

Yes it was very pretty shots, but I'd rather be watching "well filmed something" than "extremely well filmed nothing"

>We need something to pad out the season
>What if we have a white, blonde, Drumpf-voting veteran wear a suicide vest like the Muslims these rubes in Middle America fear so much

Punisher in DD was way better, because he actually fucking killed guys.

If you want to have a conversation about veterans, PTSD, and gun control, use a different fucking characters show. Why the fuck do I have to hear about Army faggots who pissed their pants in Iraq instead of getting to see Frank setting some mobsters on fire?

Their flagship show is based on the fucked up lives of the Clintons
Netflix has been playing both sides since day 1, people nowadays are just programmed to only percieve dissenting opinions as if the whole world was against them

sorry i find watching paint dry more interesting

Another Marvel series ruined by side tracking with awful side characters. When will they learn that we are watching for the title fucking character?

Yeah but you just got told you're wrong by both trips and dubs so unless you get quads you're still a pretentious faggot who thinks "slow burn" means "padding the fuck out of everything because brainlets don't understand the difference between slow-moving and terrible pacing"

so much this, the government shit and ptsd retards are so boring

>#NotMyPunisher

crymoarfaggot

slow, mostly didn't feel like Punisher at all, the ending of the first episode got me looking forward to the rest of the series but then it fell completely flat from there

>Spend most of the season and focus on setting up this PTSD character
>Just for a minor shootout that ends with him being killed
They could have done that shit in one episode. The show in general was bascially padded garbage where nothing happens till the last three episodes, and even that is trash. Fuck me it was a chore to sit through. Watch DD2 if you want a good Punisher show.

it's just bad directing and bernthal obviously wants to show how much "range" he has instead of sticking to the source material.
shit's just dumb
>RUAARRHHGGHHH RUAHRRGGHHHH HNNNNG RUAGRRHGHGHH
>kill count: 1

yeah sick punisher. next time he attends the group therapy and tells about how scared he is and how much he values life.
then he's searching for matty murdoc and teams up with him in a non-lethal fight against the NRA-terrorists.

Why do they had to make a cucking subplot...whats going on with you 'murricucks?

This, I was expecting him to become a major antagonist or even have a redemption where he helps in the end, but NOPE, gotta have the evil blue-eyed blonde whose motives are obviously right-wing but never actually explored

Pretty boring
I liked the end when Frank Jigsaw'd Russo's face up, at least. S2 needs to move away from this military bullshit and go back to Frank taking out criminals.

The actual Punisher segments were amazing, it's just everything else that's shit. Like others said, it should have just been Frank and Micro playing 4D chess against the CIA for the whole season instead of the other shit. Eps 1,3,11-13 were the best imo.
I'd like to know who's at the top that forces these writers to insert unneeded characters. Madani was pointless. Her partner was pointless.
PTSD McGee was 100% pointless.

Boring for a show about the Punisher. I was hoping for more violence, it's the entire reason I would watch a show about an ex-Marine going on a killing spree against the criminal underworld.

his whole arc was so fucking dumb, especially considering how avoidable it was
half the reason he goes down that road is because he kills that guy and thinks he's too far gone, but he killed him in a self defense situation
if he'd reported it he wouldn't have done any of that shit after, it's fucking awful

>Just for a minor shootout that ends with him being killed

Who are you talking about? Who got killed?

Blondie. I think his name was Trevor? The bomber.

You're a peasant and your mother's cunt is diseased.

>The actual Punisher segments were amazing
So like the first 45 seconds of the season?

>Frank and Micro playing 4D chess against the CIA for the whole season
That would've been an improvement, but I still would've preferred if Frank just went to town on criminals and gangsters.

Shockingly bad. I don't have any proof but I believe its a solid bet that they had a lot of more violent shit that got chopped and replaced nothing scenes of conversations that had nothing to the """"plot"""".

They delayed it already due to the mass shootings, but given that America can't stop doing them I imagine they gave up in the end and just cut it down rather than continue to delay it.

Frank rips up his skull in the first fucking episode, and he doesn't put one back on until the final episode.

Did you like Punisher's origin story in Daredevil? Then you'll be forced to like it all over again for 13 hour long episodes.

Reminder that Frank kills ZERO (0) non-whites on US soil during the events of Punisher Season 1.

>Punisher finishes his mission
>Mexicano gets in deep with mafia types
>Frank turns it back on, and returns to Punishing
>Aw yus this is gonna be good
>13 episodes of pointless PTSD character, dull conversations between the Fed characters, and Frank hanging out with Davids family
What the fuck was that?

I think the show would have been better if he worked his way up the ladder of the criminal underworld. The show starts off with him busting up some crackhouse run by gang members. Then after torturing someone he finds out they are being supplied by the bikers. Then he takes on the biker gang. Then he finds out the bikers are working for the Mexican cartel and that's when shit starts getting crazy. There's a war between the Mexican cartel and the Italian mafia or something, but it's all being overseen by a rogue government element. Then you can enter the PMCs trying to take him out.

That's irrelevant because Frank barely kills anyone of any ethnicity in this fucking series.

>Did you like Punisher's origin story in Daredevil? Then you'll be forced to like it all over again for 13 hour long episodes.
Fucking hell this. Why did we get the Punishers origin story AGAIN? Drawn out and shitty edition.

Fuck off Sup Forums nobody cares.

you forgot ep 3

Because honestly, it's all Netflix has done at this point for superheroes, and we all know taking risks is bad for business, so they didn't bother.

This. Fucking Netflix.

That would've been infinitely better than what we got. Fuck, if tehy didn't want to use Mexicans because muh politics, then why not Russians? They worked well in season 1 of Daredevil, just tap that well again.

Further proof that Soyflix capeshit needs to be 4-6 episodes long at most with the budgets they're working on. Thanks (((Ike))).

They should have saved the government conspiracy plotline for the second season. There's even a Punisher MAX arc about a bunch of corrupt military generals that send a Delta SEAL Force team after him. They could have easily adapted that shit instead of using the CIA to co-opt his origin story.

It's shit.

I kept expecting Rawlins to stop by Carmella's house for some baked ziti

There was so much stuff in MAX that could have been adapted but wasn't.
I wanted The Slavers, man.

Expanding on this.
>Episodes 1-2
The setting is the ghetto. Frank is fighting against local gang members. Weapons are bats, knives and handguns. Lost of hand-to-hand combat, people getting thrown through windows and hit in the face with objects you'd find around the city like bricks, pieces of broken glass and metal pipes.

>Episodes 3-5
The setting is now truck stops, seedy motels, rural areas and bridge underpasses. Frank is fighting against a biker gang. Weapons are shotguns, handguns, uzis. There's a cool chase scene with the bikers.

>Episodes 6-9
Setting is now desert/south west. Maybe at a mob boss' house or abandoned factory. Frank is up against highly trained Mexican cartel members, maybe doing a mob meeting with the Italians or something. Weapons are assault rifles, sniper rifles and grenades. Lots of cool shootout scenes, a sniper scene.

>episodes 10-12
Frank is now up against a the rouge government element and fighting PMCs. Setting is downtown New York city, on Wall Street or something cool. Fighting from businesses to apartment buildings. Weapons are silenced weapons and advanced night vision gear with explosives and heavy machine guns.

>Episode 13
Frank meets Agent Orange somewhere and fights him. Back to hand-to-hand shit with knives. Really brutal and bloody final battle.

He's so fucking cool. I wish I wasn't a big fat piece of shit.

I just watched episode 10.
Basically the best ep. since 1. You can pretty much skip 2-9 and don't miss anything as the characters are summing up the plot in ep 10.
9. was good as well. I just hope we get more Punishing moving on. See you later bros.

Shit I meant ep.9 and skip 2-8. On to 10. now

Marvel taking another classic character and turning him into a completely different version again.

What's season 2 going to be about? I hope the Punisher does some real Punishing in season 2 and not killing random contractors who are not really bad guys, just doing their job.

They cast a Jew to play Frank because they know alt-right types like Punisher.

>first six episodes are adaptation of Born
>middle ep of franking random mooks
>last six episodes are The Slavers
No reason we couldn't have had this

>digits don't lie

It was sandwich kino but other than that too much talking about fee-fees and not enough punishing. Show really aspires to be more than it should